Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Tim Kerr can do no wrong?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 7:27 am

I pretty much have always believed that...even with Bad Mutha Goose!
So that's why I'm blaming most of the suckness of that 'new' Monkeywrench album on Mark Arm. Would it have sounded better 2 years after Electric Children (still listen to it) instead of 8? Who knows.
I'd rather them put 'the pusher' and the 2 songs from 'that trip you're on...' as filler than a couple of the shitcans that found their way onto 'gaybriel's horn'.
Still, I think it's Kerr's guitar that makes it even listenable.
Best of Tim Kerr in order:

Big Boys
Poison 13
Jack o Fire
Lord High Fixers
Total Sound Group
Monkeywrench
Now Time Delegation
Blacktop
Bad Mutha Goose
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 8:28 am

Now Time Delegation

I love that record.

On the Birdman site, he lists a Top 10 LP or songs, I don't remember, but it's kinda cool. Laurence from This Moment in Black History is in a band called Venacular & Kerr is crazy for his voice.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:08 am

I'm pretty much onboard with the sentiment of this thread. Not to mention the fact that Tim is very inspiring in many ways, seems to be the salt of the earth, and is cooler than I'll ever be.

Listened to the track on the Birdman site and it sounds pretty good

What's wrong with the rest of the album?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:13 am

Now Time Delegation
Total Sound Group

I hate how everything that comes out (well, CAME out) on Estrus has to be like "The Righteous Solid Soul Action Abassador Foundation Arbitrators for the Brotherhood of Groove Economics".
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:39 am | Edited by: clif

Now time delegation was ITR, Right?

BTW- I cosign on the greatness of Electric Children! I was/am looking forward to the new one. Hope it's not as bad as you say.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:42 am

Now time delegation

no sir, i didn't like it.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:46 am

Now time delegation

no sir, i didn't like it.

she can sing, but she can't sing
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:53 am

Now Time Delegation

There's a tune on it called "Handle Me With Care" that I really like, plus a couple of others. I was hanging with Craig Regala for a while & he was listening to that disc everyday.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 11:05 am

I hate how everything that comes out (well, CAME out) on Estrus has to be like "The Righteous Solid Soul Action Abassador Foundation Arbitrators for the Brotherhood of Groove Economics".

Now that's funny. Sadly I actually like that aspect of his projects.

NowTime wasn't bad but was better when they were called the Gospel Swingers (before Chris morphed into Tim and Quincy morphed into Lisa).
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 11:53 am

You should hear the fucker play banjo. He rips it up.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 1:27 pm

dunno...either I haven't listened enough times or I just don't need
anymore Mark Arm in my life....

You should hear the fucker play banjo. He rips it up.
yeah, i'm digging his irish folk stuff too
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 3:01 pm

Now Time ruled...and they kicked fucking ass live....c'mon, that cover of Handle me with care by King Floyd....fucking brilliant!......
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Sorry Mullet, didn't see you beat me to it...I need some coffee...
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:01 pm

Pretty sure he was not in Blacktop,

yer prolly thinking about King Sound Quartet.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:31 pm

yer prolly thinking about King Sound Quartet.

you right.

after another listen, songs 2,4,10,11 suck either for the sun ra-esque free form that doesn't work or for Mark Arm ruining it...so I guess 3/4 of the album ain't too terribly bad
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 6:12 pm

he didn't trim his dreadlocks did he?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 6:35 pm

oh yeah...years ago...still got that big, shit-eatin' grin tho...
Posted: Mar 15, 2008 5:19 pm

That's the funniest thing I've read on this board in ages. lollylollylol.
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Tim has a very impressive body of work. I used to see Bad Mother Goose all the time, they were a very cool band. Can't agree with "do no wrong", but shit, he's not Jesus. Recorded with him once, can't say it was a good match.
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 8:20 pm

if your gonna sound retro sound like the big boys ! thats what i say
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 8:27 pm

but shit, he's not Jesus
close enough...Poison 13 was as close to perfection as I've heard...In my book anyway...
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 7:23 am

That really sucks about the new Monkeywrench album. I was really excited about that one- I love both of the first ones. I'll still pick this up I'm sure...
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:09 pm

I'm a big fan- Poison 13 truly rocked my blues punk soul- he's made some fuckin' fantastic records. I still haven't heard Electric Children, but I welcomed Monkeywrench because he was moving away from hip-hop/funk. Too bad the second total action group record won't be released- not sure why.
I'll have to hear him on the banjo- though I do believe that Eugene Chadbourne is maybe the best banjo player I've ever played with.
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Electric Children rules..
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:44 pm | Edited by: satchmykels

That really sucks about the new Monkeywrench album.

it's not that bad, but the arm voice has kinda worn out its welcome.
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 9:08 am

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=244 446436 - 139k -

kim salmon's been playing some banjo as well
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Never heard the rec, but Total Sound Group destroyed live.

I've had the Now Time LP on hold at local record store for months. It's only 5 bucks, but I am that broke.

Kerr seems like a great guy. Jawed with him at a BBQ in Clevo some years back.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®