Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Top Chef Chicago
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Anyone watch last night?
It's always so confusing at the beginning, with so many chefs.
However, I was really really glad they booted Nimma (or whatever her name was) off. She was worse than Debbie Downer!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:23 pm | Edited by: bruce

definately too many people to even attempt to get a grip on, except the one guy who was an obvious prick
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:32 pm

I hate Top Chef, but I watched it anyway.

My fave chef is the guy who lost the one-on-one crabcake battle. He's such a dope that they'll keep him around for his soundbites.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:57 pm

Y'all notice that they totally have a Hung wannabe? I thought that was pretty funny.
I liked the girl that won, but not a lot of them stood out to me. Well, except for the "couple". hehe.
For "chefs", a lot of them didn't have the foggiest notion how to prepare the classic dishes. And, the souffle debacle? Come on! I thought that was Fancy Chef 101 and that if they somehow managed to get chosen for the show they should all damn well know how to make a souffle!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 4:31 pm

a letter to the guy who kept saying "motherfucker" like every third word:

I hate you and hope you die. Unfortunately, this being a Bravo show, you'll probably make it to the final episode or something.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 4:32 pm

at least he doesn't say "fierce"
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 4:48 pm

Everything previously said, DITTO.

Is the "motherfucker" guy the same as the loser in the crabcake battle? The New Yorker white gangsta chef freakazoid? Hate him and love him because he sucks so bad.

Potatoes in a piccata? What the hell? That idiot was so full of SHIT!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 5:24 pm

wannabe
they ALL seemed like wannabes to me -- what's up with the faux hawks etc? I kept getting confused bc it was so easy to draw comparisons between the types cast (typecasted?) this season and the characters from previous ones...

for instance, the guy who does "molecular" cooking/pan stealer looked like stephen (the snooty wine snob from season 1) with dale's haircut, and proceeded to cook like a stephen/marcel combo...

the lesbian with the faux hawk (zoi?) reminded me of a tiffany/lesbian with the faux hawk from last season combo (from miami - already forgot her name).

the crabcake loser looked like the guy from mississippi who got booted off in the 1st episode last season...

anyways, I laughed at all the folks who put waaaay too many ingredients on their pizzas. wondered why no one did a shrimp pie, which got me wondering how okra would taste on a shrimp pizza. I got so hungry I ate a wasa with cheese...

and P.S. I have a spinach souffle recipe that's incredibly EASY. goes best with turkey or ham, may not stand alone so well, but at least it's a souffle, and it's nearly impossible to fuck up.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 5:27 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

the lesbo couple will get so many free-cards for being lovers.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 5:54 pm

The man of the their relationship made a decent couple of plates, as they say on the show.

Didn't that "Chef in a hut in Hawaii" guy put potatoes in his souffle too? Holy christ.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 6:30 pm

Not only put potatoes in it, but DUMPED A BUNCH OF SHIT ON TOP OF IT!
Is he insane? I hope he goes next. I think. Who the hell dumps a bunch of crap on top of souffle? DOESN'T THAT ENTIRELY DEFEAT THE PURPOSE?

at least he doesn't say "fierce"
Ha! I wound up love Christian though. What a cutie...who says "fierce"!

for instance, the guy who does "molecular" cooking/pan stealer looked like stephen (the snooty wine snob from season 1) with dale's haircut, and proceeded to cook like a stephen/marcel combo...
yup! He'll probably go far!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 6:42 pm

(zoi?) reminded me of a tiffany/lesbian with the faux hawk from last season combo (from miami - already forgot her name).

Josie.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 6:54 pm

Josie.
nope, she was the ethnic lesbian who got jumped after the season ended. she had more of a "i'm a karate expert"/headband look.

I was actually thinking of Sandee...

and I ended up loving Christian too!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 7:10 pm

I was actually thinking of Sandee...

Oh yeah. I think she did yoga too. Or, not yoga, but she did that weird karate stuff too, didn't she? Like all those "movements" out on the balcony?
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 7:26 pm

tai chi?
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 7:42 pm

and I ended up loving Christian too!
I hope he dies of AIDS.
He is a smug little fuck head who uses the same 3 lines.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 7:47 pm

He is a smug little fuck head who uses the same 3 lines.

Yeah, but he was the only one who was "I yam who I yam" and didn't have a corncob up his ass.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 8:01 pm

I mean, of the top three.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 8:51 pm

His shit was could not be worn by anybody but that Spice Girl or a model.
The girl (Jillian?), while she was whiny, had better, more marketable clothes.
That Christian guy was not funny at all, I got sick of hearing the 'Anchor Man', "I'm, kinda of a big deal" and Tyra Banks quotes. It was beyond annoying.
13 year-old emo-fag-hags love the guy!!! THAT'S why he won the show.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 8:53 pm

I was pullin' for the big fat guy Chris.
He was cool and not trying to be a showboating homosexual.
(he was gay, but not queering outta control)
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 9:54 pm

We also ate at UNO, starving, upon arrival in Chicago...before the first night of Blackout, and it was so fucking heavy, for the first two hours of the show all we could do was groan and look for places to sit down. Miserable.

How many chefs from San Francisco are there this season? 4? 5? 10? Yes, even more than faux-hawks and les-beans.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 10:40 pm

How were those lesbians surprised to find both of themselves there BS.? The Greek is from around here.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 3:34 am

Is the "motherfucker" guy the same as the loser in the crabcake battle? The New Yorker white gangsta chef freakazoid? Hate him and love him because he sucks so bad.

LOVE HIM! Did you see how Anthony Bourdain was smiling at him during the judging... because he KNOWS he would hire him in his kitchen....

Also, when said "motherfucker" said "Padma said 'Casa, motherfucker, Casa... I was like 'Sweeeeetnessss'".... it made me love him. I have been repeating that line all week.

Somehow I KNEW I'd be the only one who liked that guy, though.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 3:54 am

all i know is i've never had a real deep dish chicago pizza. and every once in awhile i get this wild hair to have one shipped to me from lou malnatti's coz they'll overnight one to you. but i always chicken out. its fucking expensive!!!!
anthony bourdain wasn't as cute looking as he usually is...oh well. i still cherish him and love him deeply though...
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 7:39 am

I was pulling for the Kiwi even tho. deconstruction belongs in the lit classes only...maybe cause I listened to Tuatara today...I was in SF two weeks ago and just had the best effin' pizza ever also ate at ,gulp., Incanto which is the restaurant of the Next Iron Chef dude (and not far from the old MRR house - weird) but I reckon SF is crawling with kick ass chefs. Fuck the burritos alone would've beat half that crap tonight..
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 7:44 am

because he KNOWS he would hire him in his kitchen...

I didn't see this AT ALL. I thought it was all he could do to not bust up laughing in his face.

And the "casa, motherfucker" grated on my nerves like mad.

I do love him for being annoying and a potential source of some drama on this show because it looks like we have many boring chefs this go round.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 10:54 am

Somehow I KNEW I'd be the only one who liked that guy, though.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 11:00 am

Incanto which is the restaurant of the Next Iron Chef dude (and not far from the old MRR house - weird)

Clipper St?
Who are you Sonicg? Rema Young, do I know ya?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 11:04 am

Oh, and Bowie, I kinda liked that obnoxious fucker too.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 11:47 am

He better do something to sway me!

Hey, I hated SANTINO for at least three episodes, so I can be swayed. I was on his side regarding the mayo conspiracy though. Was he the one who had his pizza pan taken? Who was that?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 12:45 pm

i never know what the hell is going on in the beginning episodes there's just too many damn people.
i felt bad for the souffle people. isn't that really hard? but i guess its something you should know if your an official chef right???
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Was he the one who had his pizza pan taken?

Yep, by the same guy he went up against in the crab cake challenge.

I just feel like I've known that guy before. And he may be totally obnoxious and annoying, but I'd much rather that than some smarmy pretentious twit.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Who are you Sonicg?
Just an old friend of Martin S., I never lived in SF just stayed at the house a few times in the late '80s
Incanto is in the Noe valley...weird to go there after 20 years or so...
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 8:56 pm

Ahhh...Say hi to Martin for me...haven't seen him in years. Actually, he called me when Tim Yo died and I think that was the last time we spoke. Good dude. I worked at the Streetlight Noe Valley and started writing for MRR in 1992.

So...Incanto? Good?
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 9:32 pm

Haven't heard from Martin in a while although a mutual friend (ex-Chain of Strength!) said he moved to the East Bay...Incanto was good but I realized that rustic just means non-gourmet. Had their homemade cured meats, pork ragu, duck sauce pasta, braised pork and salchicha with beans. All hearty and spicy as hell altho. I thought the sausage and beans was way salty. I dunno, I think I'd rather get something more frou-frou for the price instead of gussied up peasant fare...We had pizza the night before at Pauline's on Valencia and that was awesome. Great pizza and really good decent priced and interesting wine...
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:35 am

What's up? Man, that judges table was intense! I don't remember the Latin dude existing before this episode. Oh, those dirty lezzies. Rick Bayless has a prepubescent voice. Ummmmmm.....sexy drink??
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:43 am

I knew Erik was gone before the credits rolled; he is totally untalented. And a jabrone.

That crazy guy from NY was cracking me up with the "this is my house dawg" shit! Ryan had a good point, he and Spike were drinking ALLLLL DAY and continued to do so in the judging walk-in. He was likely trashed.

Rick Bayless disappointed me with that voice and his erect posture.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:46 am

just a friendly reminder;

how about we all get in our toyotas, drive to whole foods, and purchase a bunch of GLAD brand products. these should be used in conjunction with our GE appliances.

thanks,
Chris
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:54 am

Rick Bayless disappointed me with that voice and his erect posture.

Rick Bayless is cooler than his douchebag, blowhard brother, Skip from ESPN.

And that "this is my house" line made me cringe. That dude is clueless.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:59 am

how about we all get in our toyotas, drive to whole foods, and purchase a bunch of GLAD brand products. these should be used in conjunction with our GE appliances.

OHMYGOD!!!! I was disgusted with how blatant the placement shots were. The stacks and stacks and stacks of GLAD. The Toyota grills.

Rick Bayless is cooler than his douchebag, blowhard brother, Skip from ESPN.

Agreed. i just don't ever wanna hear him speak again.

I am so glad they cast him. He is a fucking freak.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 10:04 am

OHMYGOD!!!! I was disgusted with how blatant the placement shots were. The stacks and stacks and stacks of GLAD. The Toyota grills.

yeah, I am pretty disgusted with myself for watching what amounts to a 30 minute commercial, interlaced with... 30 minutes of commercials! not to mention I could cook better than half of those people.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 10:05 am

i had the thought that they were going to kick him off just for that drunken line, but i guess it could lead to some cool drama in the future.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 10:30 am | Edited by: saispas

That panel was the first time I could see Padma being a complete bitchface.

And I hear you WR, not that I can cook better than half of them, but definitely better than a 1/4 of them. I still cannot get past that guy who didn't know what Chicken Piccata was.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 10:38 am

Finally got most of them straight last night.

I am so glad they cast him. He is a fucking freak.

Amen to both.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 2:04 pm

i love the spazzy "my house" dude??? he is fucking cuckoo bird. which is totally exciting.
the guy that left sucked. his plates were always gross looking.
rick bayless is really uptight but i used to love his show on pbs.
the food was soooo eh for the challenges.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 2:06 pm

That guy is the worst! I am pretty sure he is smoking meth constantly off camera. If he doesn't get kicked off I am hoping he has a really violent seizure.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 2:08 pm

i love the spazzy "my house" dude??? he is fucking cuckoo bird. which is totally exciting.

Love him! Knew from the start I'd love him. Probably cause I knew most of you would hate him.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 2:44 pm

I gotta say I was disgusted at first and who's to say I won't be disgusted again, but that bit of craziness was a bright and shining light in an otherwise piece of shit episode of Top Chef.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 5:49 pm

rick bayless is really uptight but i used to love his show on pbs.
see- closeted gay-...his show was good tho...and I dug his restaurant(s)...had some seriously insane mole at the Topolobompo one....
And I could watch Padma eat smores on a stick all day long...
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 6:38 pm

especially when they spill down the front of her blouse.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:44 pm

spazz-attack fucking rules because he is totally disgusting, annoying and mind blowingly retarded. he is sooo ugly and weird and awful. i can't look away.
rick bayless on pbs ruled coz he took you through mexico and he would make some really amazing looking food. but he sort of does talk like kermit and seems like he's really clean and uptight.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 8:44 pm

can't wait for hell's kitchen by the way...
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:01 pm

I loved how they played up freakazoid saying, "I'm an entertainer" like anyone gave a fuck... and then faux-hawk molecular gastronmy dweeb's, "I'm not very social" and his anxiety when he couldn't shoot hoops with the kids. There should be some fancy drama action between those two in the future...fingers crossed!
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm | Edited by: saispas

can't wait for hell's kitchen by the way...

Next Tuesday!!!

then faux-hawk molecular gastronmy dweeb's, "I'm not very social" and his anxiety when he couldn't shoot hoops with the kids.

That reallllllly bothered me. That whole "We are chefs and cannot interact with or understand 'regular people' and their eating ways" reallllllly bothers me.
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 9:25 am

Yep Erik was dust with his "Pffft Mexican and gourmet, I don't think so". So that's why he plated poop? Not an inspiring episode and still hard to say who the standouts will be except that puffy faced white chick who has won, what, twice already. An the Kiwi disappeared behind a cookie...Anyhow I just discovered Padma is doing a video blog: Pink t-shirt + Gape smuggling + "I'm a taco fiend"= interesting, very interesting, extremely interesting...Enough with the catering, looks like they'll be doing fancy-schmancy next week and hopefully some more Drama then, "heheh I just lied to the opposing team".
Posted: Apr 1, 2008 9:38 pm

In the first episode of this season of Top Chef...when they brought the pizzas to Padma and Rocco D....anybody get the feeling those 2 are dating?...or is this old news?

Just watched Hell's Kitchen for the first time...hilarious...PISS OFF!
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 1:24 pm

hell's kitchen was such chaos and awesomeness...whew...how come so many of the dudes on this one have weird sad face? like the big dopey guy and even the stay at home dad???
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 1:27 pm

what was the final count, 2 edible meals out of the entire cast for that first challenge, cook me your signature dish
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 2:10 pm

I'd never seen Hell's Kitchen before, and watched it last night. Christ, that guy got on my nerves! I guess that's the point, isn't it? I'll probably watch it again, but it's obvious it's a show tailored to extreme masochists.
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 2:17 pm

that's pretty much what my wife thought, but i was explaining the differance, actually working in a restaurant with people waiting to eat vs cooking dreamily in a kitchen only producing your best
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 2:24 pm

I'm officially over top chef...
shit is played out.
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 2:44 pm

especially when they spill down the front of her blouse.

And end up on gay Ted's shoes.

Worst Top Chef cast ever. Chicago sucks.
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 3:23 pm

actually working in a restaurant with people waiting to eat

well that was really dumb last night, as they couldn't even get the "apps" out in like two hours or something!
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 4:20 pm

Christ, that guy got on my nerves!

Ramsay is a PIMP!!!! Alisa, c'mon! Really, though, he has an entirely different American TV persona than his BBC persona...the BBC shows' production quality is "HBO" to Fox's "WPTY Channel 24 circa 1977".
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 4:47 pm

Well that's a relief.

Sorry, but he drove me nuts! I guess I've gotten used to the "smooth and easy" Tom Colicio. And, I got a bunch of drama queen boys around here day in and day out...the amusement factor is long gone for me!
One thing I didn't understand was the contestants...so, they're not all "real" chefs, right? Just ordinary folks who think they can cook? Where do they get these guys? From the vast pool of American extreme masochists?
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 5:55 pm | Edited by: saispas

Everywhere from line cooks at Waffle Houses to cafeteria staff at nursing homes...this show is more about showing a bunch of idiots + two idiots who can cook a little how to make the most basic Gordon Ramsay recipes as he berates them toward winning a figurehead chef position somewhere.
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 11:13 am

Um, so back to Top Chef....

I hate Spike.

Still love Andrew.

Carry on.
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 11:28 am

I hate Spike.
"Please pack your hats and go." -CM
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 12:06 pm

Where's Curious George? Man in the yellow hat!
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 12:45 pm

i hate spike too. i wanna rip that tipped hat right off his head and shove it in his face. weak ass vietnamese dish i say...
i kinda hated zoi this one too. hate people who get all hater on others if they don't do well. that annoyed me.
also hate ryan...he got away with everything coz i think new zealand did everything for him
the movies some of them were choosing was hilarious! top secret??? dumber and dumber??? what the fuck.
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 4:30 pm

I hate Spike.
"Please pack your hats and go." -CM

Perfect. Anyone else notice Padma seems depressed and edgy? The bloom of those first hot months post-divorce must be off the rose.
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 7:46 pm

Aisha Tyler is bad ass, and I know she's a great cook, cuz I know her Dad...but does anyone else in the country know a thing about her or her foodiness?
Yep, fuck Spike the hipster.
Zoi got her well deserved wake up call. "Strong colorful women", horseshit...
I did not think that Christmas Story shit was gonna work out at all...but did it ever look tasty?!
Posted: Apr 5, 2008 10:02 pm

thats right! padma is all panty bunched from that divorce hub bub...
i read that aisha taylor makes her own beer...
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 11:38 am

Aisha Tyler is bad ass

All I know is I have loved her since she was the host of the soup. Although was it called something different back then?
Posted: Apr 6, 2008 12:42 pm

Aisha Tyler is bad ass

Though I've never met her...in a convoluted way, we're related. My stepmom has been living with Aisha's Dad for 15 years (since she divorced my Dad). So he's my step-stepdad...or something...my kid calls him Grandpa Tyler. Anyhow, he's told me plenty of hilarious stories of Aisha growing up...catching her in hot and heavy makeout sessions...running wild in the Lower Haight...etc. I also salsa danced with her Mom once!
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 11:40 am

wow. thats some crazy coincidence...
i wish top chicago, project runway and top model were more like my new favorite show breaking bad. which i hope they bring back...
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 12:43 pm

Breaking Bad is great. I could watch Bryan Cranston all night with none of the other characters.
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 9:25 pm

MY FUCKING TV IS BROKEN!!! I'ma gonna die...
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 2:38 pm

They shoulda cut faux-hawk, poached salmon guy. If they sent him home, all the other contestants would have shit themselves.

That one move woulda ramped up the intensity of the show exponentially. Not to mention the fact that he really SHOULD HAVE gone home.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 2:54 pm

definately, leaving the scales on is much worse then under seasoning, in my opinon
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 4:03 pm

I agree, but was glad to get rid of that whiny bitch anyhow, and maybe now her girlfriend can concentrate on kicking ass instead of constantly saying how great the other chick was. Blech!
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 4:18 pm

what the heck happened at the end, where everyone went nutzoid?
I'm mainly talking about the winning team. Was Dale pissed that Lisa won the trip or what? WHAT A BABY!
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 5:30 pm

I'd be pissed at her too! She was impossible! I agree with Bruce about the scales. Ick.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 8:23 pm

scales are totally fucking wrong...
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 8:34 pm

scales are totally fucking wrong...

You beat me to it! Shockingly retarded for Mr. Smartyhawk, too...how dare he? I dozed in and out throughout the whole show (on my new 42" flat screen!), but I also think Lisa was a raging hag who needed telling off...and once again, Spike is still a dickface even though Zoi was such a fucking uninspired toe-hair in Tevas, Marin County type Lez.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Scales are wrong, and he should have left. That Zoi cried every damned elimination. Whine whine whine.
Spike bugs the shit out of me. I sincerely hope he goes next. Those hats are about to drive me nuts.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 8:56 pm | Edited by: saispas

Mr. Smartyhawk

And did you catch his totally 5th grader approach when asked who cleaned the fish? He tried to act stupid and confused. I hate when people can't own their screwups. HATE IT.

Lisa is just nasty. Nasty to look at and nasty to listen to and I would imagine, just awful to work with. Gross. I am sure the bacon was delicious, but when I think about how unfair it was to give one person that trip for 1/3 of an appetizer...WTF?

Spike's latest bamboo hat (likely purchased on his latest Vietnamese street food poaching venture) is the worst hat of all time. The other thing is, I don't mind his other hats all that much but all of them are too small for him and he wears them wrong. Please get him out of there.

The only person I even sorta like now is the Australian guy. That Stephanie might end up being OK, but she is dull.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 9:01 pm

I am sure the bacon was delicious, but when I think about how unfair it was to give one person that trip for 1/3 of an appetizer...WTF?

Although it was pretty weird to give one trip for a team effort, the point was that her bacon was a technique that he'd never seen before and it was impressive and added something extra to the dish. I still think Dale was being a damned baby by yelling at her like that AFTER she won. If she pissed him off then it would have been okay to yell at her BEFORE she won.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 9:11 pm

The only person I even sorta like now is the Australian guy.

he's from new zealand actually, but he is the one i've been liking, though he is staying firmly in the middle
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 11:03 pm

I like how Dale got all gagsta on her, and used all of the crucial ghetto hand gestures and ball holding when he yelled at eyebrow girl. I kinda like the dude who messed up the salmon last night, Mr. Smartyhawk, even though he messed up really badly last night and I want to not like him, but I still do. However, after the scales I thought he was going to be told to pack his hawk and go, but Zoi got the heave-ho instead. I like the tantrum her girlfriend threw at the end, the chair kicking, et al. Good thing that bitch was able to stay objective after Zoi got the boot. Spike is so lame and clueless that he is likeably lame and clueless. Antonia is hot, even if she was pushy when she had immunity. Don;t like Brian and don't like the Lesbianhawk . I want to hate Mr. Freakoutthisismyhousedog, but find that I actually like him. So long as there is no mediocre half wit like Elan winning it this year. Hung and Harold were standouts but Elan wasn't. Just thought of that as they kept showing the three of them when coming and going to commercila breaks this episode.
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 11:49 pm

i fucking hate elan. asshole. such a asshole.
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 12:21 am

used all of the crucial ghetto hand gestures and ball holding

I noticed the ball holding; perfect for blowing up at a lesbo. I hear you, Alisa, but I had to admit, I would have been angry and resentful if as a team we did something and the person who me and another person had to basically tolerate and kowtow to just to get through the challenge won a trip to Italy afterwards.

I am actually finding the freakout guy tolerable at this stage.

I am going to start getting really annoyed with every woman on there except Stephanie, who seems pretty nice and down to earth.
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 1:27 am

All I know is that the New Zealand guy seems to not really understand english (even though I DO understand that it is his native language) and he just looks lost and like he is repeating anything they tell him to say... with the appropriate pauses. He looks terrified! I love him and Andrew.
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 6:52 am

Zoi was such a fucking uninspired toe-hair in Tevas, Marin County type Lez.
please tell us what you really think!

I like is Niki. Sure, her food is consistently bad, but she's such a guida (gwee-duh) that I end up rooting for her
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 10:11 am

Colicchio hates all of these fools this season. The best part of the episode is when he completely ignored Richard's weak attempts at humor and totally made everyone feel uncomfortable. I'm totally feeling Dale. And Andrew. Spike = worst person ever.
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 4:11 pm

Sarah, how many times can your guida girl make pasta?
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 7:09 pm

zoi sucked...
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 7:12 pm

and who fucking wears eyebrow rings anymore...or ever...especially when you already look like a troll?
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 1:06 pm

yeah hate her too. i don't really like anyone on that damn show. jesus. they are all such pussy train wrecks. although i did quite enjoy the very end when everyone threw mini tantrums.
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm working on my faux-hawk right now!

'Top Chef" schedules New Orleans casting call
Posted by Dave Walker, TV Columnist, Times-Picayune April 11, 2008 3:03PM
Categories: Living: Columnists
"Top Chef," the Bravo cable network's high-stakes cook-off, will hold open auditions from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at Bayona, 430 Dauphine St.

The current season of the series, which airs Wednesday at 9 p.m., is set in Chicago. The first three seasons were shot in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Miami.

The format calls for sixteen participants to endure weekly culinary challenges, the results of which are judged by food-industry professionals. The winner gets $100,000 in seed money for a new restaurant, among other prizes.

The New Orleans audition does not guarantee that an upcoming season will be shot here. Only two of the Chicago season's starting 16 resided there at the time of their casting.

Attempts to reach Bravo for further details were unsuccessful.

Amy Hutchinson, casting producer for Magical Elves, the "Top Chef" production company (which also makes "Project Runway" for Bravo and "Last Comic Standing" for NBC), said similar open calls will also be held in San Francisco, Las Vegas, New York and Los Angeles. The company also casts by video, details here: www.magicalelves.com.

Participants in Monday's audition won't be expected to cook on-site.

"It's more of a meet-and-greet," Hutchinson said, adding that "confidence and charisma" are the key traits she'll be looking for. "We want all chefs who feel they can hold their own on the show."
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 12:51 pm

I hope Paul went.
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 1:03 pm

i saw 40 minutes of this show for the very first time last night.

i was shocked/mortified/amazed that one of the executive producers of the show is someone who worked at vh1 when i did... but it totally explains alot to me about the show.

bravo just happens to be the graveyard where a bunch of fired vh1 people went to.... and they continue to make the exact same program over and over and over again.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Last night wasn't so exciting. Even the gay bathtub scene that they teased was a letdown.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 1:40 pm

So glad that douchebag Ryan went home...when he said "the caliber of people" referring to Chicago Bears tailgaters (AND GALE SAYERS, FRIDGE PERRY and RICHARD DENT!!!) they were cooking for and choked out the words "California flair", I was envisioning a guillotine being brought out just for him.

A poached pear for tailgating. Snicker.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 1:46 pm

when that dude uttered the words "creme fresh" in the context of a tailgate party, I knew he was toast.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 1:55 pm

yeah that dude sucked and I am glad that he is gone. btw-its creme fraiche
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 2:01 pm

'Top Chef" schedules New Orleans casting call

Get Shaggy a one-way bus ticket!
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 4:49 pm

i am so glad big ole dufus face ryan is gone gone gone...his food looked lame-o-rama and why was he so damn snooty with the food?
poor old australia looked a hot mess but yes, the ryan leaving was a good time.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 4:56 pm

I had to give it up to idiot Spike and his disparaging the Lesbo Chef Mafia.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 8:59 pm

team lesbo made me insane. what kind of hat is that weird shape one he wears anyhow? it's like straw with piping around it?? that shit is fucking crazy.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 10:19 pm

i'm not talking anything about anyone with a resembelance to someone in a scooby doo cartoon, but when i asked a certain no one said just wait a couple weeks
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 10:17 am

bruce, you torture us!
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 11:32 am

hey bruce... i don't watch this show. make some noise about it when that couple weeks happens, ok?
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 1:16 pm

yes, what the hell???
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 12:13 am

Just finally got to watch....Niki is an idiot. Her food is crap, not making her sausage is so weak I can't stand it and, her eyebrows are plucked within an inch of their life. I'm fine with Ryan "I like nice jeans and going out dancing" Creeptard gettin' the boot...but, just sayin'...could have just as soon been Niki.

Yes! The dyke guest judge picking her lezzie fantasy top 3, and all boys at the bottom was hilarious. Still kind of a throwaway episode...
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 12:01 pm

I forgot about her buying that CRAPPY Whole Foods sausage. Unreal! It drives me crazy how many "chefs" begin to believe their careers own (and relatively recent) hype and start talking down to the masses once they start to think they are cooking on a higher plane. That palate test should have knocked them back into reality, somewhat, but it never does. If I had a grand for every arrogant, puffy-chested dickhead chef I have met, I could afford to eat out every night for the rest of my life.
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 1:29 pm

thats right! i didn't like the non home made sausage either and she is so not a chef and her eyebrows are insane. she'll go home pretty soon here. have no idea how she's squeaking by...
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Glad the lesbo got cut, just cause I'm sick of her saying, "I'm gonna win for Zoe".

Although I now officially hate eyebrow ring girl.
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Eyebrow cunt needs to GO! Producers are keeping her around because she is so hateable.
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Glad the lesbo got cut, just cause I'm sick of her saying, "I'm gonna win for Zoe".

She spoke with the eloquence of a 12 year old boy, and looked like one too...I'm incredulous that she made it on the show, and especially that she holds down a chef's job at some trendy SF joint.
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 8:26 pm

I think Stephanie went along with her stupid idea because though Stephanie may be a superior cook, she is a spineless geek.

Anyone notice that Spike is attached to New Zealand boy like a barnacle? And NZ boy looked like the guy from That 70's Show?

I am still mortified that Eyebrow Cunt and Antonia drank the tequila and talked back to the guests when asked for some for themselves. Jesus H. I would have shown that bitch the door with a quickness.

My bet now is Dale or Richard will take it. I hope it is Dale because Richard is one annoying fool. I hated his idea of "banana scallops". Gay gay gay.
Posted: May 14, 2008 3:06 am

Is everyone sick of this show or what? Lamest season ever.

Eyebrow cunt looks like a fucking scuzz. i wouldnt want a bitch that dirty looking making my food at a fucking McDonalds, much less in a actual restaurant. Wash your fucking hair!

lamest people ever this season. richard is a fucking goon. spike is one of the worst people to ever exist, but hes such a douche you cant even love-to-hate him ala Santino. Stephanie is boring. Andrew is a fucking retard. Dale is a twelve year old trapped in an adult asian's body. Antonia is the only one I can ever care to like and shes pretty fucking bland too. I hope she wins though.
Posted: May 14, 2008 10:18 am

Its a testament to the quality of this show that this thread was dormant for 2 full episodes. No one was motivated to comment.
Posted: May 14, 2008 10:19 am

3 episodes in a row...and I can't get through without falling asleep. Dale is an infant, but he was right about the mayonnaise. Niki should never have been there. Andrew the Crazy is still entertaining, and Antonia knows what the fuck she's doing, Stepanie too, sometimes...outside of that, yeah....so fucking tedious I could die.

TV in general is letting me down, man....but why am I surprised?
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:28 pm

It's all about 30 Rock and Lost now. Reality TV has let me down.
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:38 pm

You couldn't pay me to watch either of those shows.

I could give a fuck about a TV show about a TV show. And too many douchebags I know LOVE Lost. Not sayin all Lost viewers are douchebags, but that show is tainted to me.
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:44 pm

Antonia is the only one I can ever care to like and shes pretty fucking bland too. I hope she wins though.

I was just thinking the same thing!
Posted: May 14, 2008 10:16 pm

I have this strange attraction to Antonia.
Posted: May 14, 2008 10:41 pm

You couldn't pay me to watch either of those shows.

I could give a fuck about a TV show about a TV show. And too many douchebags I know LOVE Lost. Not sayin all Lost viewers are douchebags, but that show is tainted to me.

Youre pretty fucking cool.
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:13 am

I LOVE ANDREW!

and

SPIKE SHOULD BE SHOT!

That is all.
Posted: May 15, 2008 1:24 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew left. And stupid Spike stayed. I feel like miss linda did when Heather got kicked off ANTM. Only worse.
Posted: May 15, 2008 9:00 am

no more culinary boners.
i was hoping they would have just kicked off all three of those fucking idiots on the bottom last night.
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:00 pm

no shit. lets just get this over with.

and does Sam really qualify as a guest judge? He didn't even make it to the final three in his season. Fuck that guy.
Posted: May 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Okay, down to the final four and I like them all except for that BITCH Lisa.
Thank god dumbass Spike was offed. And, did you notice this was the first show yet when he didn't wear any dumbass hats.

I like Stephanie or Antonia for the win. I just like Stephanie period. Sweetie pie, but she'll probably lose because of the "no balls" thing.
Posted: May 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Antonia is my girl. She's somebody's rad single Mom....and she just seems to cook intuitively, everything she's done makes sense and makes people happy. Stephanie is a little too sweet...kinda spineless. Damn good looking chow from both ladies, though. How about new/improved Lisa on the finale preview with her proper lezzie haircut?! Fucking wretched oaf, though, all her arms crossed, truck-butt, wide-leg stance, scowling at the judges was abhorrent. Attitude and shitty food? Slap her, Padma!!
Posted: May 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Attitude and shitty food? Slap her, Padma!!

Fuckin A. I think the Padma of the swirling knives promotional could really smack her down!

Love Anotonia, love Stephanie. Great food from both, and neither one have "issues".

I think Lisa has talked about her "boyfriend"? I don't remember her talking about a girlfriend but, either way, she's deluded. Any way, she's deluded.
Posted: May 29, 2008 9:20 pm

Padma's ass looked really weird when they had that from-behind camera shot during the quickfire. Anyone else notice this? Or Richard's man-boobs jiggling under his white t-shirt?

That's all I pay attention to these days.
Posted: May 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Padma's ass looked really weird when they had that from-behind camera shot during the quickfire. Anyone else notice this?

Oh yes! I made a big ol' fuss about it. The pants were ill-fitting, but she seemed to have a lot more junk in her trunk than usual...not in an unsexy way, but they sure as hell need to get her some new pants!
Posted: May 30, 2008 3:11 pm | Edited by: saispas

I have noticed Padma's weight gain all season, which makes me really angry at myself. Especially because when I first saw her I thought she needed to pack on some pounds. But a lot of that is indeed her choice of clothing; she gets a little out there sometimes with the fashion and not even a 14 year old Russian 6 foot tall moppet can pull off some of this shit they put out there.

I like Antonia a lot, but am more impressed with Stephanie as a chef. I would like Antonia to hang out with, cook with, go out to eat with...but Stephanie definitely wows me more. Richard is a dork, but I guess I like him awright.

Steph for the win.
Posted: May 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Steph OR Antonia will make me happy. As long as that idiot Spike is gone, I can finally enjoy the show again. He rode everyone elses coattails all season (for better or worse) and finally showed he just could not do it himself.
Posted: May 30, 2008 6:11 pm

I just cannot believe I have to look at nasty Lisa and her stringy haired mug another week--though she got a butch cut for the Final Four. Peanut Butter Potatoes????? Come ON! Padma was so off claiming Lisa's palate was "amazing". Gross.
Posted: May 30, 2008 8:54 pm

I think Lisa has talked about her "boyfriend"? I don't remember her talking about a girlfriend

Nuh-uh, both my husband and I remember brief mention of a "partner" and maybe even a clip from her audition tape or something showing them at home together...lesbian, no doubt about it.
Posted: May 30, 2008 10:16 pm

She said her "partner" (*shivers*) has a kid and there was some discussion of the three of them all cooking together. I know "partner" can go both ways in places named San Francisco, Portland and Seattle, but yeah, she a dyke.
Posted: May 31, 2008 12:38 am

I recall a mention of her partner being "she" and "she: has a daughter which was what Lisa said was going to give her the experience necessary to put her over the top in one where she cooks with the kids challenge.
Posted: May 31, 2008 2:14 am

I just cannot believe I have to look at nasty Lisa and her stringy haired mug another week--

since when are you Ned Hayden?
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 7:23 pm

Not only is Lisa in the finals, but she admitted she was a Jew! Great. Another reason for people to hate us.

Antonia shit the bed. They shoulda kept her over Lisa, cause Lisa's head is on the chopping block EVERY WEEK. I dont keep track, but I really think for the past 6 episodes, Lisa has been in the bottom 2-3. That should count for something.

My money's on Richard to win. He's good and he seems to be more competitive than Stephanie.
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 8:23 am

"You won the fucking bronze medal. Congratulations. There you go."
Richard should win for that alone...
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 5:47 pm | Edited by: saispas

"You won the fucking bronze medal. Congratulations. There you go."
Richard should win for that alone...

No kidding. My admiration went up about 10 notches for that stunner.
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 9:21 pm

ok, so i haven't chimed in in ages. mostly because i agree with all that is said already. but may i also mention, whats with lisa's double fucking chin face? it's not like i already have total pure hatred for the gal already.
but the double chin is getting to me enough where now i'm mentioning it....
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Fitting how Richard ended up with the Bronze!

The winning dish by Stephanie looked like a pile of shit with olives on it. Underwhelming finish to an underwhelming season.
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 5:02 pm

I was afriad that Lisa had won, because by their comments, I think there was a good argument that it was almost a 3 way tie with Richard being OK on 3 dishes and good on one, Lisa Great on 2, good on one, and bad on one, Stephanie great on two, bad on two. But, it's TV so that nasty villainous bitch couldn't win, and we were still PC and gave it to a gal.
Boring season 'twas.
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Yeah, boring, but at least the sweet girl who seemed to be serious about cooking won.
I thought I would puke if I saw that Lisa girl in her 'bitch' stance one more time. And dude, don't wear those wifebeaters anymore. They make you look crazy.
Richard just looked lost. Stephanie looked kind of lost but thoughtful about it at least.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:07 am

And dude, don't wear those wifebeaters anymore. They make you look crazy.

Brown ones! Why do some dykes insist on looking like dirty old dumptrucks? Bitch-stance profile, with both the paunch and truck-butt visible was particularly revolting.
Meh... it all turned out just fine, though. Ready for Project Runway's Summer season before they switch networks.......yikes!
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:09 am

what network they gonna switch to?
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:17 am

could there possibly be a gayer network than bravo? I guess we'll find out. hopefully my cable company doesn't carry it.
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:42 pm

could there possibly be a gayer network than bravo?

Lifetime!!

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/project-runway/project-runway-heads-to -lifeti-19168.aspx
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 7:35 pm

my god! already they had that fucking a list bullshit awards! whew...that bravo is a doozy. top chef was a burner this season...
i can't wait for project runway although its totally gonna blow.
swtiching networks? what the hell?
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 7:36 pm

Lifetime!!

You have GOT to be kidding me! (I read the article.)
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Lifetime Movie Network is one of my favorite cable channels...Lifetime proper, not so much.

I am glad Steph won, but yeah, it was a pretty unimpressive finale. Steph's snapper course was my favorite looking/sounding course. I am sure the Tom Kha was good, but WHAT A BREEZE! Dykey pucker mouth Lisa even used the same 69 cent coconut milk I do.

And I seriously was turned off by the incessant pouring of liquid nitrogen onto food. That just made me think of doing whip-its.
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 10:43 pm

lisa sucks and i just liked that they mentioned that she had those fucking god damn chips on everything. yuck.

his nitro dessert just looked like the other one he already did. boring...

yeah, ohhhh double chin head made coconut milk soup...ooohh aaahhh...so gay.

seriously, lifetime? why this lifetime? hmmm...i don't get it.
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 11:30 pm

and lifetime movies don't suck at all...
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Apparently Richard was on Iron Chef a while back, made me like the guy a bit more even though he's just as hokey.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/805360
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®