Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Minneapolis-what to do?
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Who wants to tell me what to go and do there? I hear its a great city. I will have a little time, I get out of training at about 4 in the afternoon. Will be there this Sun-Fri.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 1:31 pm | Edited by: spazZ

Hang out with Gay-Steve and listen to Thomas Function!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Cozy up in some willing asshole with Grant Hart's cock...
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Boy, you guys are a ton of help.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:28 pm

I dunno about Minneapolis being "a great city," but for sheer retardednesss you could go to the world's biggest mall (Mall of America). Just remember where you parked!!! And don't miss Lego Land.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:33 pm

Usually I would say avoid Treehouse Records but in your case I'll make an exception.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:39 pm

sheer retardednesss you could go to the world's biggest mall (Mall of America

Thanks, but no thanks. My sis took my neice there for her 16th bday. Not so much my thing.

Ok. So, I guess theres not so much to do/see? I've heard that minneapolis is really fun and pretty, with lots to do. Did I hear wrong?
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Minneapolis is great, but I couldn't tell you what to do when you're there aside from Pizza Luce.

ask these guys.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 2:59 pm

the world's biggest mall (Mall of America).

Actually, the World's largest mall is the South China Mall, located in Dongguan.

http://www.southchinamall.com.cn/english/index1.jsp
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 3:52 pm

China's not a part of my world.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 4:01 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

Triple Rock Social Club is good times.

Monday 3/17 - 3RD ANNUAL THIN LIZZY TRIBUTE NIGHT!!!!
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 4:04 pm

egg houses?
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 4:04 pm

Clubs: Turf Club, Triple Rock, Hexagon, 7th St Entry, Big V's

Record Stores: Treehouse, Hymies, Cheapo (Uptown), Roadrunner, Extreme Noise

Lots of good vietnamese food between Franklin and Lake on Nicollet.

Museums: Walker, Mpls Inst. of Art, Weisman

I don't know what constitutes "great", but I like it here.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 4:53 pm

If you dig pinball check out http://www.ssbilliards.com/. It's not in Mpls. but pretty close. I only know how to get there via bike so Mapquest it if you got a car and want to go. If you want to get knifed go to Palmer's bar on Cedar. Thanks to the fine folks at Target you can get into the Walker for free Thursdays. 3-for-1 happy hour Friday evenings at the Mpls. Eagle on Washington. Might not be very safe gay bar for a girl (?) though. If you for whatever stupid fucking reason you wind up in downtown St. Paul you can go to Mickey's on 7th st. Try the Mulligan Stew! SJones summed most of the rest of it up. If I can think of other shit to do, I'll list 'em. I usually go to the same bar to get my usual free beer or two w/o having to drive
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 5:02 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

I lived in Minneapolis for a couple of years when I was a kid. Right in Dinkytown. Got tear-gassed by the cops at Peoples Park (my mom made me take the day off from school). Went to my first baseball game at the old Metropolitan Stadium and played Tee Ball right across the street from where Dylan started out. Didn't really wanna leave when we moved back east to tell you the truth. Don't know if I'd like it now though.
Posted: Mar 13, 2008 5:15 pm

Al's breakfast is still there (dinkytown). Plus the Needle Dr. is a few doors down from it if you want to drool over some fuckin' hi end turntables. Grumpy's dwntn (my usual watering hole) has some meat raffle game show you can get into on Saturday nights. It's a cool bar. Haven't been 86ed yet despite all the times I've been a blacked out douche. http://grumpys-bar.com/downtown/index.html
Though I only ever went there once, the VFW on Lyndale seemed to be about the coolest bar in Uptown. Cheap place to get loaded at. Plus half the clientele looks like they're 15 year olds. Psycho Suzie's in NE Mpls. on Marshallhttp://www.psychosuzis.com/ has decent food and a nice campy atmoshere. I believe HCMC has a methadone clinic. Don't know when they have it.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 3:29 am

Monday 3/17 - 3RD ANNUAL THIN LIZZY TRIBUTE NIGHT!!!!

YES! I LOVE THIN LIZZY!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I find out when I leave/where I am staying tomorrow. This'll help.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:01 pm

Nyes Polonaise Bar can still be fun if you avoid the tourist hours.
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 4:18 pm

If you for whatever stupid fucking reason you wind up in downtown St. Paul you can go to the Science Museum of Minnesota. http://www.smm.org/visit/collections/. I recommend the Questionable Medical Devices exhibit. It was pretty cool when I had seen it when it was on St. Anthony Main.
Posted: Mar 16, 2008 3:31 pm

The first time I heard "Judy is a Punk" was on a school trip to Minneapolis. When we got to the Mall of America I replayed the song in my head continuously while walking around the top floor by myself. The thing I remember most vividly was that everybody was looking at me strange. My favourite part of the trip was eating lunch at this Chinese buffet, I think it was called World Buffet or China Buffet. I wouldn't go out of your way to find it, but it was my favourite part.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®