Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Clark in Chicago has good shopping, right?
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 3:20 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

like, Metro/Wrigley Field area, right?

or do you Chicagoans have any other street specific good shopping suggestions? Not Michigan...
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 3:26 pm

Really? I'm going in May...you? I'm pretty obsessed with the damned pricey shoes at City Soles in Wicker Park...last time they had buy one pair get one for 5 cents... so I did, but it still broke the bank.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 3:31 pm

i'm going down for the day/night on Saturday. Wicker Park...writing this down. Buy one, get one for 5 cents? whoah...just looked at their website....definitely bank breaking.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 3:36 pm

The nickel thing was a special, but they always have an awesome sale section...well, both times I've been. All hipstered-out area, good shopping. Let me know what you find in Clark!!
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 3:37 pm

Will do!
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 4:03 pm

like, Metro/Wrigley Field area, right?

no
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 4:28 pm

Steph, go to Wicker Park. Milwaukee/Damen/North area. You'll find lots of shit around there. Wrigleyville is lame (unless you want latex skirts and Manic Panic).
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 4:43 pm

well, i've been meaning to replace my lost latex skirt, but i guess i'll have to do that another day. Wicker Park, it is. Thanks, guys!
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 5:14 pm

Park at the Burger King when you shop at Reckless Records on Milwaukee Ave--they don't give a fuck. But buy a double cheeseburger while you're there anyways to support this lack of fuck-giving. AND to support the rumbly monster who lives in your tummy!

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 5:18 pm

That Burger King is G-O-N-E, I believe...
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 6:27 pm

street specific good shopping

devon ave. if you need a new sari.
milwaukee starting at kimball up to austin if you want to look like a polack
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 12:11 pm

i have been told by more than one person that the aldo outlet on ashland/milwaukee/division (right outside the division subway entrance, actually) has great deals. i've been meaning to go as this winter killed my boots.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 12:30 pm

Milwaukee/Damen/North
And division...lots of cute shops there too.

I love city soles! half my shoes are from there.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 1:10 pm

don't forget alcala's weatern wear on chicago. they will alter pants for free if you buy them there, so all you girl jean wearing dudes will look your best while buying rounds of pabst
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 2:08 pm

I love city soles!

so, i went to their site again and I looked at the wrong store yesterday...I went into the Niche website which has the bank breaking prices....shoes are awesome, but not at 300-500 bucks.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 2:28 pm

Alcala's is pretty cool.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 2:34 pm

the horse in the parking lot across the street is pretty awesome.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 4:16 pm

the horse in the parking lot across the street is pretty awesome.

don't ever try to give that horse a hand job. arman knows why.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 4:19 pm

It's because he doesn't have hands. I've seen him "play" bass.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 4:34 pm

so, i went to their site again and I looked at the wrong store yesterday...I went into the Niche website

City Soles/Niche. They are the same store...kind of...they share the same space...you'll see. So one side is super spendy and the other is more 'regular'. You get to visit the bank breaking lovelies and take a crack at some more affordable ones at the same time. Win/win.
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 8:25 am

Lincoln Square as some quirky boutiques and there are some pricey little shops around the Armitage/Halsted area. All along the brown line. Division as a lot of stores too get there before the Marc Jacobs of the world buy out Wicker Park.
Posted: Mar 10, 2008 10:51 am

Wicker Park was perfect! Thanks again, dudes! two new pair of Mary Janes from City Soles (those clearance racks ARE great!), new jacket and a Fireworks 45!

some of the boutiques were (waaay) too much for me which I expected, but lots of stores, so a lot of options....We just basically walked up and down Milwaukee.

and skank, we didn't even bother going up to Clark (after Eric's advice).
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®