Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hanson Brothers (and Son) Rule
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 12:44 pm

Seen a feature last night on ESPN about the kid of Dave Hanson (actual semi-pro hockey player from Slapshot). The kid plays on the Notre Dame Hockey team and likes to mix it up like his dad. Dad seemed completely cool (still has long hair) and into his son rearranging opponents facial features. They asked the son if his dad had mellowed out over the years and he said no, if anything he's crazier. Yeah! Go Hanson Brothers!
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 12:50 pm

Iron Leagues.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh yeah, Dave is writing his autobiography with great stories about his playing years like the time he knocked off Bobby Hull's toupe on the ice. Whoops! (I guess he actually played in the NHL for a little while too.)
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 2:13 pm

you can't fight in college hockey. first fighting major gets you a game misconduct the second gets you suspended for the year.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 2:21 pm

yeah, I saw that...that ruled!!
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 2:25 pm

Yeah, but you can check viciously.

(I got suspended for 2 games in my last year of Town League. Once for getting in a fight on ice and the second for instigating a team on team fight in the parking lot after a game. The coach liked me though and offered me the Goalie position on the High School Jay Vee. I turned it down because I liked playing Center instead (3rd line).

1970's Hockey ruled.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 2:30 pm | Edited by: ottawarockerdude

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 2:44 pm

Jesus, last time I heard a soundtrack that good was a Chevy commercial...
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 2:52 pm

I used to live next door to Dave and Don Maloney when they were on The Rangers in the 70's. They were nice dudes. They used to work on their cars a lot and play street hockey in their driveway.
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 3:52 pm

Did anyone catch the brutal hit on Avalanche Ryan Smyth from LA Kings' Jack Johnson the other night? One of the worst I've seen. A clean hit for the most part, but it didn't time up well with where they were next to the team benches and the start of the glass partition. Cleaned his damn clock, knocked him out cold, but no head injury, just shoulder separation or something...

Sorry I missed the Hanson kid thing...
Posted: Mar 3, 2008 4:18 pm

Posted: Mar 3, 2008 4:44 pm

Yeah, I seen that on Sportscenter. Nasty.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 1:27 am

In my humble, but correct opinion, Slapshot is the most quotable movie ever. I have never seen the sequel. I am frankly afraid to watch it.

Some co-workers kept watching the clip of Clint Malarchuk's throat getting slit over & over. Even if the sight of blood doesn't bother you, it gets tough to look at mighty fast!

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 1:54 am

Puttin' on the foil....
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 2:09 am

Puttin' on the foil....

"Every game!"

"Yeah, want some?"
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 11:30 pm

"They're fuckin' horrible-lookin'."
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 11:57 pm

In my humble, but correct opinion, Slapshot is the most quotable movie ever.
Right there with Caddyshack, but yeah...awesome...the extras on the DVD are pretty cool too...
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 12:02 am

"They're fuckin' horrible-lookin'."

Johnny Upton is possibly the coolest character in that movie. ("Chrysler plant, here I come!") His wife is great, too. ("Johnny always says you can just drink so much & screw so much.")
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 12:02 pm

"you cheap son of a bitch, are you crazy? THEY'RE FUCKING RETARDS!"

that line kills me every time.
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 4:26 pm

I think Slapshot and The Simpson's are the two things I quote from most. My favorite line:

"You know your son looks like a fag to me. You better get married again real soon or he's gonna have someone's cock in his mouth before you can say Jack Robinson."

Paul Newman at his best.
Posted: Mar 8, 2008 12:18 am

love it. favorite quote is to the ref during the anthem "IM LISTENIN TO THE FUCKING SONG!"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®