Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Chicago people who've worked in food service...
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 3:03 pm
Do I need some sort of food handler's card to work in restaurants here?
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 5:54 pm
I don't think so. From what I remember, there is usually a due that you have to pay when being hired. I think it was somewhere around $300. After that, most restaurants require that you have your own set of certified knives. Here is a link to a relatively inexpensive set. After that, you'll just need to pay for your kitchen uniforms and get your blood tests done. If I remember right the blood tests were pretty cheap if you got them done at the service industry workers clinic. I think they were around $150.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 10:58 pm
Oh, I almost forgot. You'll probably have to do a drug test, a police background check, and a federal background check. I think the federal background check should be on them but you'll probably have to pay for the other two. They'll just dock it from your pay. Other than that stuff, it should be smooth sailing. Plus, Chicago pays better than smaller towns. You should be able to make between $7-$9 with no problem.

They have this really great restaurant there called Steak and Shake. You should get a job there.
Posted: Mar 2, 2008 11:20 pm
memorize the lyrics to "shaduppa you face". then you a gonna be okay.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

  Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®