Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Al Green is very much alive.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 9:30 am

Paraphrasing The Commercial Appeal...

Monday at a Wal-Mart in Memphis, Al Green had been trying to move through the store quickly and on to his home. He had just a few items --skim milk, bananas, grapes-- but got stuck in the speedy checkout lane when the cashier could not make the produce scales work. After waiting a few minutes, he gave up and walked to another lane. That's when he was recognized and the cell phone cameras went into operation. He was besieged and beseeched.
Here is the beautiful thing: he was not only completly cool with it, he seemed to find sheer joy in the moment and reacted with unlimited patience. He didn't just smile, he beamed. He didn't just pose for the cameras, he hammed it up. He didn't just acknowledge the fans, he embraced them.
I know it is at this point that the Goner Board hate will erupt. Feast, y'all.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 9:44 am

hate will erupt

not from me. i love bananas.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 9:54 am

Are you not concerned that Total Douches are not considered a protected class under current hate crime legislation? You might want to start writing your congressman now.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 9:55 am

I've heard he preaches at a church somewhere in Memphis and you can get married by him, but thats just a rumor.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 11:03 am

I'm sure he woulda grabbed a can of lighter fluid and set his gay fans on fire at the checkout, if he'd have known... he's amazing, but the homophobic religious preaching was a real letdown... I'll Be Good To You is still a regular spin round 'ere, tho'...
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 1:17 pm

why the hell would anyone want to hate on al green?
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 5:21 pm

thats exactly what i was thinking...
dont hate the message, just the messenger.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 5:26 pm

I know it is at this point that the Goner Board hate will erupt. Feast, y'all

why the hell would anyone want to hate on al green?

dont hate the message, just the messenger.

Chico is so confused...SO confused.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 6:51 pm

Al Green is the only man that can lead you to the church and the bedroom. When the radio was flooded with smooth bland Philly soul in the 70's, Mr. Green proved that good funky southern soul was still alive and kicking. That would be way awesome to get married by him.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 7:07 pm

some friends of friends went to see him him preach once. I hear he singled them out when he got to the "homosexuals" part of his sermon. They were very confused.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 8:14 pm

mmmmmmmm, boiled al green...
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 4:22 am

I ain't hating on Al, just his homophobic tendencies!
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 5:04 am

"I can't believe this real. The way this grits make me feel.
A burning deep down inside. That Ho' done scalded my hide."
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 8:22 am

All Amercans think Limeys are gay.
Posted: Oct 8, 2018 9:04 pm

I'm sure Rev Al has unresolved issues. After spending an evening with Prince, I realized he was just a self-loathing homosexual. I did manage to grab him and squeeze him and kiss him in the neck and he feigned a feint fainting. It was cute. I'm sure I couldn't get near Rev Al's neck, he much bigger than Prince.
Posted: Nov 6, 2018 6:53 pm

His pulpit is in Whitehaven. A friend went years ago to see Al preach. He got there early and the only other people waiting were two English ladies who were the presidents of their local Al Green fan clubs. They hung out and watched a lot of folks arrive in their Sunday finery - they weren't sure they'd be welcome. Finally an immaculate white Rolls Royce pulled up and Rev. Al got out, wearing a bunch of diamond rings. He says "hey white folks, c'mon in ..." and puts them in the very front row, so they couldn't leave until the holy rolling was all over.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®