Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / eddy current suppression ring
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 5:21 pm

i missed album and now i really want copy of it, not cd, where can i find mailorder?
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm

Do you know of any bands that you didn't find out about on Termbo? I mean, you are like the Tommy of Douche-Rock.
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 5:53 pm

great record...and holy shit were they good at Gonerfest...
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

thanxs you broose. ill send message but though maybe mailerorder site i not checked yet would haved it. US order that is so not paying arms and legs for it?
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 8:07 pm

that was gibberish of the highest quality because it actually looked like english organized into 3 sentences.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 1:30 am

just sent you a message, idiot
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 2:03 am

Do you know of any bands that you didn't find out about on Termbo?

i found out about em from clicking the goner "new products" link...

same as all those other termbo fags. ;)
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 6:32 am

Idiot's the king of gibberish that seems like English.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 8:29 am

I bet Fagmeister doesn't even have The Figures of Light 45 yet. Didn't see that on Termbo. I guess it's not Mike Stiper-approved.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 9:06 am

The group's signature tune, "It's Lame," has been described as " . . . one of the ultimate proto-punk basement rock singles of all time . . . [l]ike the dinosaur etched into relief at Angkor Wat, it shouldn't be there. It's either 6 years behind it's time or 27 years ahead . . . They cite the Stooges and the Velvet Underground as influences . . . During their first gig, where they played such unreleased material as "Why Not Knock Yourself Off?", "Seething Psychosexual Conflict Blues" and "Black Plague Blues," they rode up to the stage on a motorcycle, played their songs and destroyed 15 television sets . . . They sound nothing like the 1st Captain Beefheart LP, Debris, The Electric Eels or Memphis Goons, but if any of that appeals to you, you shouldn't be caught dead without this . . ." by Mike Sniper of the Terminal Boredom website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figures_of_Light

TERMBRO APPROVED
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 9:57 am

Yeah, and ECSR flew over to play GONERfest.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 10:15 am

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 10:50 am

we flew on the plane with them back from g-fest. nicest dudes ever.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:10 am

Bomp has a copy of this for $27 bucks. Ouch! I hear they have a new album coming out soon!
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:11 am

Mike Stiper's writing can make even the best record sound lame.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:34 am

Rich Dropkick provided me with all kinds of ECSR records because Rich Dropkick rules. I wish I coulda seen 'em, I like the records well enough but the live vids I've seen are way cooler.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:40 am

I bet Fagmeister doesn't even have The Figures of Light 45 yet.

i seem to have been black-balled from norton mailorder, but it doesn't matter as my local shops always carry their shit. first norton record since the t.val i've had no use for...

pffffffffft, blowzooka joke approved.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:55 am

Mike Stiper's writing can make even the best record sound lame.

I'm probably the only one that thinks the review sounds better than the actual record.
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:59 am

You losers are crazy. The Figures of Light rule!
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 12:17 pm

your special eds can beat up my special eds?
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 12:35 pm

here's another option, not sure what the other pressing is cargo (i guess)

http://www.redeye.com.au/answer.asp?artist=EDDY+CURRENT+SUPPRESSION+RI NG&reion=USA&genSel=&letbrws=yes&atype=both

there's one there for 20 us
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 10:49 pm

we're gonna get it repressed sooner or later, hopefully in the states so's youse cunce can get 'em cheap. i'm all out, they sold like wildfire in australia. there are some at cargo in germany but shipping them out here and then to the states is a fuckin' waste of money. don't be stupid and pay ebay prices, it's a record that needs to stay in print.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®