Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Freemasons
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:25 pm

I am thinking about trying to come on... My Grandfather was one... I heard they hate Christians??? Bullshit???? Any other info???
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:34 pm

I heard they can drink their own weight in blood..
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Cool... I am down for that... I am a closet GOTH after all...
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:37 pm

free masons? why wouldn't you charge to lay bricks?
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:47 pm

They're drunk old people. Can you get me in? I heard it's like Gmail, you hafta get an invite.

My friends were gonna elicit a punk-rock takeover of a local elks lodge, then we realized it's just alot of work, and they were actually totally thrilled with the prospect. Everyone lost interest. Kind of a shame.
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:50 pm

you can oft times drink fairly cheaply at those lodges...if you're a member...or so I've heard...
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:33 am

ain't nothing cheap about being a mason, but at least they can get you into hell.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:35 am

oh, i was talkin' bout the Elks...I have no idea about that other freakish cult...
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:40 am

Now let's all get drunk and play ping-pong.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:49 am

Now let's all get drunk and play ping-pong.

Its sounding better and better...
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 1:50 am

ping pong?
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:13 am

Eagles lounge is the place. No demonic sub-humanic creed but still cheap drinks!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:13 am

The Masons & Knights Templar are fascinating.

The Masons held the secrets to King Solomon's temple.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:19 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I'm dating an Eastern Star. I always sing Eastern Star just like Rob Halford sings "Evening Star"

Satanic rituals shall ensue!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:24 am

ping pong?

yeah, the masons love their fucking ping pong. but they mostly do that tippity tap, tippity tap, sipping a beer while you play version...

no aggressive stuff.

they save their heartless aggression for world domination and shit.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:24 am

So I guess they worship some spider god called "Jahbulon"??? Sounds cool to me...
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:33 am

oddly, even coming for a heavily masonic family, i never got a formal invite...

not sure whether i should blame the bazooka joe blackball or if it's that my dad sold his own soul to save mine.

eh, my money's on the second option. ;)
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 3:49 am

I heard it's like Gmail, you hafta get an invite.

No. Ask one to become one.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:49 am

freemason and templar books are my "harry potter"
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 8:03 am

Damn! I wrote this whole long response and something funny happened and it went to the previous page.

Anyway, I think you will be dissappointed with how innocuous their agenda is. I checked into them once because all of the mystique associated with them amused me. In San Diego, they required that you be agnostic. I think the way I avoided that one was with a "no problem." Other than that, they required that you donate your time to raise money for some of the charities that they collect for and to attend the meetings from time to time. Their primary agebda seemed to be a fraternal philanthropy. Needless to say, I am sure people use this as a networking device, a source for drinking buddies, because they like the charities they support and because they want some molded plastic placards for back of their car. I am not sure you would have to stay in to find out about how to do magic but it seemed like it would be a long time. Needless to say, you need not be in any hurry to go buy a cloak and start freeing up your midnights.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 8:19 am

I think you will be dissappointed

yeah, hoping that they are a source for esoteric traditions is long gone. you'd be better off hitting up the rosicrusian order.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 8:46 am

think of them as biker gang without motorcycles
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 10:55 am

http://burningtaper.blogspot.com/
This guy has some pretty good insight on modern masonry.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 11:20 am

It's right there on the Masons' Bumper Sticker: 2B1ASK1.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 11:29 am

burningtaper

burning taper???? sounds like a shit after eating some especially fiery chili.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 11:36 am

The only trusted source on these matters is Chick Publications. Unfortunately, this article lacks the award winning graphics that Chick is known for.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 11:46 am

or that thing R.Crumb's brother swallows and pulls out his ass.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Not allowed! Become a Kentucky Colonel instead and join the likes of Mae West and the Pope!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:42 pm

fuck that weak shit, i'm a self appointed SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 3:58 pm

You gotta be in when you're a young'un.

They have this Masonic Youth Group called the Demolay.

My grandpa was a 33rd Level mason or some shit and he was really dissapointed in my when I bailed after a year on the Demolay and decided to play music and do drugs. That was after I found out that I couldn't learn all the 'secret handshake' until I was really old.

They do make a point of telling the recruits that 3/4 of our Presidents were Masons.

Fuck 'em,
Jh
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Oh....and the lodge had really cheap booze and a dozen nice assed pool tables.....
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 4:33 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I'm down with Job's Daughters. Judy Garland was one!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 5:40 pm

I'm not a mason, but one side of my family has been into it for centuries. I imagine I will get activated when necessary.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:03 pm

FREEMORONS UNITE!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:04 pm

I'd rather be a Stonecutter.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:27 pm

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:34 pm | Edited by: eric o

YOOPERS!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:39 pm

I was given my grandfather's Mason ring after he died only to immediately be told never to wear it because I'm a woman and if a Mason saw me wearing it, it would be taken away from me. Eff that. I wore it for awhile and was never tackled by a gang of vengeful Masons. Shame.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Guess ladies can join this instead. Lame.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:03 pm

freemason and templar books are my "harry potter"

somehow, I already knew that...
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Guess ladies can join this instead. Lame.

Yeah, Co-Masonry just doesn't sound as cool as Order of the Eastern Star
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Needless to say, you need not be in any hurry to go buy a cloak and start freeing up your midnights.

Thanks for dashing my hopes and dreams!!!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Needless to say, you need not be in any hurry to go buy a cloak and start freeing up your midnights.

so what the fuck am i going to do with all this goat blood?
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 8:33 pm

make gravy
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:01 pm

so you have heard of the craft.

had old relatives that were in.
you must be asked to join.
elaborate rituals follow.

all surveyors are masons.
my advice -start going to adult care homes
and befriend those with the ring.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 1:21 pm

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 5:50 pm

i thought they were all geniuses and carpenters and scientists? and they have all that neat symbolic stuff mixed with witchcraft??? no? thats too bad...
hmmm...my auto mechanic teacher was one. and he would never talk about it. but he had a really cool fucking ring and belt buckle he would always wear.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 7:25 pm

My grandad was an expert in liquid measurement, particularly ones involving the imperial pint.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®