Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Obama assasination attempt pool
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Who wants in on the Obama assasionation pool?

I mean, I think he'd be a great president, but as my aunt put it, "who are they comparing him to?...JFK, MLK...I didn't vote for him cause I didn't want him to die."

I am going with November 20-December 12th, if he wins the general election. And, I think that is pretty generous. My former boss doesn't think he will make it through the DNC.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:48 pm

Why, because he's black? I don't think it'll happen. No one's got a shot off in what, 25 years? Security's pretty tight. Bad reason not to vote for someone.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Yeah well, I didn't say my aunt wasn't crazy. But yeah, cause he's black, young, and a good enough orator to make previously disinterested people want to vote.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Why, because he's black?

yes, black like jfk.

No one's got a shot off in what, 25 years?

which is a HUGE comfort to benazir bhutto.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:53 pm

which is a HUGE comfort to benazir bhutto.

didn't she technically commit suicide by slamming her own head onto the edge of sunroof?
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Why, because he's black?

yes, black like jfk.

Then why him and not McCain or Hillary or any other candidate? Why was this thread started in the first place? That's what I was asking.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:29 pm | Edited by: Shawn Carpetbagger

Wow. Just a really fucked up post. Total backward thinking. It's 2008 not 1968!
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Agreed.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:37 pm

GObama!
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:51 pm

His being black is only a small part of it. I think it is more that he has a aire of being "something special."

He is donning the hat of a very progressive leader, I like that about him. Running on a platform of little besides rhetoric on how he is going to change the very ontology of America (which is how I interpret most of his speeches) is exciting. But it seems like past politicians who made real attempts at unifying this country with lofty philosphical principles have had attempts made on their lives.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:57 pm

If somebody hasn't assasinated Bush yet...
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 1:58 pm

ontology

I think he has to appeal to a broader group of people than just bird-watchers if he wants to succeed. That's fine, but they make up quite a small percentage of voting Americans.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:00 pm

I think it's because he's black. I mean, I think that's why this thread was created. And I don't believe that we're living in the dark ages (pun not intended) anymore, so I don't think that's a valid reason why it's "gonna happen." Sounds like the kinda stuff I heard about "the first black president" when I was a kid in the 70s. He has less charisma than, say, Bill Clinton, who wasn't shot at.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:04 pm

I dunno, with a name like Borat Obama I think he's going to draw all kinds of crazy nutjobs with rifles out of the woodwork.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:16 pm

bird-watchers
Those are ornithologists.

Bill Clinton, who wasn't shot at.
not entirely true
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:16 pm

stupid fucking post. and there are people doing stupid shit all the time to try to get to the president. i don't know if there is a list of people who have tried to "meet" or take out the current prez but it's more than a handful. that will always be part of the job.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:19 pm

christ, someone even threw a grenade at bush in Georgia a while ago (the cold place where they don''t have barbecue). it happens.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Then why him and not McCain or Hillary or any other candidate? Why was this thread started in the first place? That's what I was asking.

if you read the original post sarah's aunt says 'who are they comparing him to... JFK, MLK?' i've heard those names mentioned in comparison to obama, have you? have you heard anyone compare john mccain to either? hillary? i haven't. that's your answer.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:35 pm

sure its because he's black. malcom x, martin luther king, and fred hampton all come to mind. also, because like kennedy he wants to change things, shake up the power structure.

however, i doubt it will come to that. my guess is terrorists set off a dirty bomb right before the elections and martial law is declared.

the department of defense sure seems to think a nuke attack is coming and soon. read between the lines of this article...
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/tech/news/5490322.html
Officials at the Department of Defense, seeking remedies for the radiation sickness that would follow a nuclear strike, were so taken by the research that they ... asked him to compress the next phase of testing into an almost unheard-of nine months. Tour's research group hopes to improve the drug so it works as well when given after radiation exposure as it does before. "They originally asked for something in six months, but I told them that was impossible," ...there are special circumstances surrounding the radiation drug that could accelerate its development.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:42 pm | Edited by: Shawn Carpetbagger

You gotta love white liberal types who won't vote for Obama because "redecks won't vote for a black man" or they fear his demise. Gee, how noble! Of course, it has nothing to do with projecting their own prejudices or hang ups onto others, right? Ha! So sad.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:45 pm

This is assuming that assassinations only occur on the basis of doing the country a favor.

If you take the person in this country most likely to assassinate Bush, and compare him with the person most likely to assassinate Obama, I am certain that their motives would be VERY different.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:03 pm

You gotta love white liberal types who won't vote for Obama because "redecks won't vote for a black man" or they fear his demise. Gee, how noble! Of course, it has nothing to do with projecting their own prejudices or hang ups onto others, right? Ha! So sad.

better than the dumbasses who vote with their hearts for a completely unelectable candidate. we've been stuck with bush for the last 8 years because people actually thought gore/kerry/nader could win an election. I think voting for an electable candidate vs. someone you completely agree with is a much better strategy than nominating a loser just because you like their ideologies.

that's not to say I don't think Obama has a chance, because I think he actually does have a shot at it. I'm just saying people need to vote with their brains and not their hearts.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:08 pm

I think any U.S. president is going to have assassination/murder attempts on them regardless of race, creed, or color. Shit, it probably happens so frequently you don't even hear about it.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Barack Hussein Obama
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Even Doris Lessing thinks he's a goner.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23095789/
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:19 pm

Oh also, just cause I think he is probably going to be shot, doesn't mean I didn't vote for him and give him a bunch of money. All you supporters who think I'm an ass, fill this out, please.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:39 pm

In the conspiracy view of the assassinations of the 60s, JFK was killed because he was planning on challenging the military-industrial-intelligence complex. (The Oliver Stone version is that he was going to stop the Vietnam war before it began. Another strain of conspiratorial thought says that after the Cuban Missile Crisis he, like Krushchev, thought that it was time to rethink the whole nuclear weapons thing. Interestingly, Kruschev was ousted in a bloodless coup about 11 months after Kennedy was assassinated and spent the rest of his life under virtual house arrest in Moscow. Yet another "Why'd they do it?" theory centers on John Foster Dulles getting revenge for the humiliation of the CIA at the Bay of Pigs and Kennedy's refusal to go to war to liberate Cuba.*) MLK was killed because he was shifting his focus from race to class. Notice that he was killed while participating in a strike rather than a civil rights march. (On the X-Files, the Smoking Man says he killed MLK because "He was starting to talk like a Marxist.") RFK was offed as soon as it looked like he was going to win the Democratic nomination (the very night he won the California primary, in fact). He was going to end the Vietnam war, and he had privately told people he thought there was a conspiracy to kill his brother, and he was going to use the power of the presidency to get to the bottom of it.

Obama has very publicly stating that he wants to withdraw from Iraq, which has been a huge money-maker for the military-industrial complex. The War on Terror has become a great excuse to move the US towards a totalitarian police state, which is assumed to be the goal of THEM in conspiratorial thinking. So if you're conspiratorially minded in the classic American paranoid sense, it looks like They would want to assassinate Obama and blame it on a lone racist nutjob. Hillary voted for the war and is probably onboard with the whole American Empire program. If Obama isn't (and that remains to be seen, IMHO), my guess would be the period of maximum danger would be after it looks like he's got the nomination sewn up but before the conventionâ€"some time in the late-March to August timeframe. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on April 20, Hitler's birthday (assuming it would be pinned on a neo-nazi) and the date of the Columbine massacre. Not coincidentally, the Oklahoma City bombing was April 19.

*The other commonly cited reason for JFK's assassination that doesn't involve aliens is that he and Bobby pissed off the Giancano mob family. As a friend of mine said when JFK Jr. died under dodgy circumstances, "How long can that wop hold a grudge?"
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:48 pm

stupid fucking post.

Have you seen the shit bowie posts? You people got a lot of nerve.

Y'all are just jealous you're not important enough to be assassinated. And you know what, GARAGE ROCK SUCKS!!!
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:49 pm

I'm going to hedge my bets on: terrorist attack on american soil between now and election day, everyone gets behind war hero McCain, Democrats have no chance at winning; no assasination necessary.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 4:01 pm

I suspect as Obama gets a stronger lead, he will be assassinated. People will be so shook up that they will take to the streets and demand our country back. If Obama is assassinated and if involves some sort of white supremacy group; there will be riots all over America.

In other words we will have a repeat of 1968.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 4:04 pm

And who won in 68?

Nixon.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 4:16 pm

if you read the original post sarah's aunt says 'who are they comparing him to... JFK, MLK?' i've heard those names mentioned in comparison to obama, have you? have you heard anyone compare john mccain to either? hillary? i haven't. that's your answer.

Give me a break, apologist. Everyone else can see that this thread was created because the guy is black. I've heard people compare McCain to Reagan, does that mean we should get an attempted assasination pool together in case he wins? Should there be bonus $$$s if someone around him gets shot and suffers brain damage and then goes on a gun control campaign? It COULD happen, after all, I've heard people mention Reagan in the context of a McCain discussion. Retarded.

Also, Obama is more electable than Hillary. Seriously. Like with sports, it's all about match-ups, and Obama gives the Democratic party its best shot against McCain. Honestly, I think either Hillary or Obama would win, but Hillary is more vulnerable to collapse (not to mention the fact that he's heating up and she's losing momentum in the primaries as we speak).
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Doris Lessing

Ah, a voice of reason, eh! Some weird old literary hag!?
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Some weird old literary hag!?

i'd hit that. the rest of this thread can suck my ass.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Jesus it's just a joke, since when do people around here have such deep respect for a fucking politician. Yeah he probably will not be assassinated, but if he was race would be a factor >50% of the time. And yes he is more electable than Hilary and I really hope his is our next president.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 5:01 pm

If Obama is assassinated

zbigniew brzezinski and the others would not let that occur. no way.

I'm going to hedge my bets on: terrorist attack on american soil between now and election day

if that were to happen all bets are off. complete lockdown. even bigger brother to watch you.

Obama gives the Democratic party its best shot against McCain

democrat. republican. demopublican. same thing. asses or dumbos. "pick" your poison.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Did you know that two Puerto Rican nationalists (!) almost assassinated Harry Truman in 1950? There was a gunfight in the street! I heard about this book the other day and my reaction was "Really?!" which seems to be the sales pitch the publisher is using.

People will be so shook up that they will take to the streets and demand our country back.

Unlikely. People would be fearful and that would play into the hands of the oligarchy, who will use this fear to further solidify the power of the corporate police state in the name of "national security." This already happened once after 9/11. To think that anything good would ultimately come from such a scenario is naive at best.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 6:20 pm

And you know what, GARAGE ROCK SUCKS!!!

hahahhhaha
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 6:21 pm

further solidify the power of the corporate police state in the name of "national security."

what does this have to do with Nicholas Cage Movies?
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 11:58 pm | Edited by: Joe Pestilence

I don't think she's rooting for this. Don't matter if he's a Brother. He just ain't Skull n' Bones as far as we know. So,yeah, assassination (and Martial Law/ Third Bush Term) is at least a remote possibility.

Always remember... it's all a work.
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 12:02 am

"And you know what,GARAGE ROCK SUCKS!!!"

"Garage Rock" 2007= 90s Ska.
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 1:41 am | Edited by: Luke Warm

Martial Law/ Third Bush Term
Hello, Canada.
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 1:47 am

-also/or-
Martial Law/ Third Bush Term
Now do you understand the second amendment?
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 3:33 am

good luck with your nigger.
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 7:57 am

GARAGE ROCK SUCKS!!!

as does anything 'art damaged'
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 9:56 am

I'd put money on April 20, Hitler's birthday (assuming it would be pinned on a neo-nazi) and the date of the Columbine massacre. Not coincidentally, the Oklahoma City bombing was April 19.

Alright, one taker.
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 11:30 pm

I'm going to hedge my bets on: terrorist attack on american soil between now and election day, everyone gets behind war hero McCain, Democrats have no chance at winning; no assasination necessary.

Agree.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 12:56 am

Honestly, I could see some sugarshit redneck Aryan Nation types at least lookin into takin a shot...it's really not outside the realm of possiblility

I mean Reagan got popped as did George Wallace...Pope John Paul II...that was the late 7ts....really not that long ago
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 1:14 am

Uptown - downtown
No one's fussy I'm a target
Black, white - day, night
Somebody say I'm crazy
Walking in this neighborhood
Say you can't be too careful
But that won't do no good
I'm no one special
But any part of town
Someone could smile at me then
Shake my hand then gun me down
Uptown - downtown
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 4:07 am | Edited by: Joe Pestilence

"'Garage Rock' 2007 = 90s Ska"

Oops,wrong year! But i still stand behind the statement.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 5:01 am

everybody but joe just that replied to this topic just said the stupidest shit i've read all day. and joe's post has some holes in it as he's pointed out. please erase this jack. please. this whole fucking thing. i feel dumber for having finished it hoping that somebody would say something worthwhile.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 11:54 am

You were reading an assassination pool and hoped someone would say something worthwhile? Sounds like your mistake.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 11:55 am

something worthwhile
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 11:56 am

doh! col bat! you ruined my lame joke.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 12:10 pm

it will seem alot more worthwhile after he gets his head blown off.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Jig-A-Boo, jig-a-boo...where are you?
I's here in the woodpile...watchin' you
Jig-A-Boo, jig-a-boo...come out!
No! Cause I'm scared of the white man's a-way down South

You know it!...cause I show it.
Stick your black head out and I'll blow it!
And the NAACP
Can't keep you away from little old nigger-hatin' me!
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 12:31 pm

well done. at least you picked up the level.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 12:47 pm

4 out of 42 presidents have been assassinated.

I'd say the odds are about 9.5238%
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Posted: Feb 22, 2008 12:09 pm

Of course is Dallas!!
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 12:09 pm

where's my tinfoil hat?
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 12:43 pm

it's all good... the crowd seemed "friendly"
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 3:01 am

i was just gonna say... its in the NYTimes today too.
thanks WR...
wish i could have seen more of you in new orleans
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 3:38 am

if he can just stay outta texas
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 4:18 am

Whiny cunt assassination pool

#1: Stephanie Strange
#2: his whiny cunt buddy, Charlie Horse
#3: David Schwimmer
#4: Woody Allen
#5: Some whiny jew turd at the Wall of Whining-uh-Wailing
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®