Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Questions about the post apocalyptic era
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 8:55 am

- Why do we all have to live in a desert? Is the whole world a desert after the apocalypse, or are all the habitable places just full of radiation?

- Are doors too much to ask for, like on cars and planes and stuff?

- why do people dress so stupid? seems to me if we were all fighting for survival, we'd be stripped down to loin cloths, not wearing a bunch of weird costumes.

sorry, I was just watching Cherry 2000, and well, that movie raises more questions than it answers.
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 9:05 am

Why do we all have to live in a desert? Is the whole world a desert after the apocalypse, or are all the habitable places just full of radiation?

The deserts are the most habitable parts of the planet left. You should see the rest of it.

Are doors too much to ask for, like on cars and planes and stuff?

Yes. The apocalypse was so bad, it blew the doors off of all vehicles.

Why do people dress so stupid? seems to me if we were all fighting for survival, we'd be stripped down to loin cloths, not wearing a bunch of weird costumes.

Fashion designers were blamed for the apocalypse. Those that survived the initial rounds of bombs, disease and solo Tina Turner music were hunted down and killed.
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 12:16 pm

cuz the ayatollah of rock and rollah said so, bitch!
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Bartertown!
Posted: Feb 10, 2008 12:21 pm

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 1:29 pm

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 1:30 pm

I fear that many of us here would have to ride bitch, Golden Youth style.

I'd hopefully get to fight Snake Plissken in a wrestling ring.

Waterworld was all wet.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 1:54 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

the whole world's not a desert it's just if you choose to live in Waterworld it's boring as fuck

and hell no we don't need no goddamn doors...the Duke Boys didn't need em in the past and we don't need em in the future either

and as far as the wardrobe goes blame that shit on saispas and her project runway posse
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 2:50 am

Do we get a dog named "Blood"? I'd like to call mine "Bob".
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 6:35 am

and if gasoline is such a rare and precious commodity why are we driving supercharged V8s?
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 7:22 am

Golden Youth was Wez's adopted son, not gay lover...
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 9:24 am

Actually, I always pictured more on a nuclear/artic tundra, not the artic tundra of the spring with wildflowers, mind you. The cold ass miserable "desert" of ice, with all its barreness and whipping of snow and ice into your eyes. No cars cept for skidoos, and dog packs. And only animal, mainly polar bear, hides for clothes. Basically we're all gonna be inuit.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 9:39 am

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 9:57 am

yeah, I always wondered about the gas. Why are they all doing so many doughnuts and popping wheelies etc. I like the future where we all wear one peice body suits, leather trench coats. and wrap arounds.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 9:58 am

in high school i was obsessed with this book. kind of makes sense that the church would 'make a come back'.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 10:09 am

Watch this bad-ass triple feature and all your questions will be answered:
Italian Post-Apocalypse Triple Feature
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 11:13 am | Edited by: Useless Eater

Golden Youth was Wez's adopted son, not gay lover...

Most blatant lie I've read on the internet this year. Unless he's special, that might explain the leash.

The Italian movie with Fred Williamson is OK, the Bronx Warriors is a hellish combo of The Warriors/Road Warrior.

At least bands will still be able to record in the future.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 11:15 am

Basically we're all gonna be inuit

I nu it!
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 11:27 am

and if gasoline is such a rare and precious commodity why are we driving supercharged V8s?

you ever try jumping thru the window of a vw bug?
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 6:14 pm

gasoline isnt currently a precious commodity, but the demand for it is increasing exponentially while the supply is basically static. very soon the demand will outstrip supply and send prices skyrocketing. thats not a prediction but scientific fact. when that happens your V8 will be useful as a yard ornament or scrap, nothing more. obviously the government will be forced to allot fuel first for priorities like truckers and military vehicles. the rest of us will get a set ration based on need. at this point there is a scientific consensus that peak oil is real, the question of "if" has been answered, now the only question is "when".
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 6:59 pm

dude, we are talking about the 'road warrior' future where the streets are lined with soot and bone!
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 7:04 pm

I can feel my life rapidly deteriorating into that movie "Equilibrium"...
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 7:46 pm

i like the kamandi comic book version of the future - talking animals kick your ass.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®