Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / 'I don't hear voices, I hear music.'
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 11:59 pm

Ed Oblivian is the one that turned Mick Collins onto Phil Lynott?

http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=12447
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 12:12 am

pretty sure that'd be... jack.

jack always wanted to do that song. and jack's "the rocker."

could be wrong. greg loves him some lynott, too.

The Dirtbombs family tree is pretty crazy!
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 12:17 am | Edited by: dale

There's actually been some cool stuff in the Metro Times the past few months (it has been quite sporadic the past couple of years). I think having a former Creem Editor in charge of the music dept has helped.

pretty sure that'd be... jack.
They all look alike?

First live performing lineup, beginning with a party at Ghetto Recorders on 4-26-97

The Dirtys opened. Live tracks from both 'Horndog Fest' and 'You Should Be Sinnin'' recorded that evening.
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 12:52 am

and... having hurtt around (i hope!)
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 12:53 am

Hurtt's good.
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 1:42 am

doing the first song off the first sly and the family stone album was kickass too!!!
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 6:09 am

Ed Oblivian is the one that turned Mick Collins onto Phil Lynott?

At a party after a Dirtbombs show, Richard Adventure (huge Thin Lizzy fan) went up to Mick and enthusiastically babbled something about Phil Lynott. Mick kept saying "who?" When Richard said "you know, Phil from Thin Lizzy, Ode to a Black Man," Mick said "oh yeah, good song." I don't think he's necessarily a Phil Lynott fan, someone just turned him onto that song.
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 12:54 am

Damn. Great articles. Thx for pointin' em out!
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 12:09 pm

OK...you can all like Thin Lizzy now.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 12:23 pm

the eerily infectious "Here Comes That Sound Again," a song that, upon first listen, you'd swear had been engrained in your psyche years before it was ever written.

Well, considering that the melody in the verse = that of "Major Tom" by Peter Schilling, the writer is probably correct.
Posted: Feb 13, 2008 11:56 pm

Well, there really are some people in that town that try to put him down. My guitar player still hasn't set up some type of investment fund for him yet though.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®