Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Cat Piss and their pissy smells
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 7:55 pm

My cats have accidentally pissed the brick tile floor on our sunroom (one tosses litter out of the box when covering up and the other pisses on it, thinking it is OK cos, hey, it is litter). Now the entire front room has a blast of PISS smell. Fellow cat owners, what the fuck do I do?

And fuck all y'all bitches with unfunny responses. If they are actually anticat and funny, I'll give it up to you, but usually they aren't, so here's to thinking harder. Cheers!
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:00 pm

That shit is nuclear, I swear it has a half-life...I've tried so hard in the past to get it out of stuff, and just ended up tossing it. I suggest fire...or maybe plutonium.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:03 pm

I looked up something on the internet that includes a BLACKLIGHT to detect it. Like CSI for piss! I think it is lingering in the grout.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:18 pm | Edited by: dale

Our one cat is getting pretty old and has taken it upon herself to wizz anywhere she feels fit in the room the cat box is.

We've been using this stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Remover-Gallon-gallon/dp/B000084 37W

It kills the odor but that particular odor prefers to stick around for awhile either way. Vinegar is good to put down afterward too as a little more deterrent. Once a cat pisses somewhere once it'll do it again.

Once the weather get's warmer I'm gonna have to soak and scrub down the entire area and repaint it (and hope it works once and for all cuz the other cat is getting some wise ideas)

And don't think the cat accidently did it. Cats are vindictive and deceptive. You think they are you're friend. They think you are their servant.

The Blacklight is total CSI and does work in investigation of such things.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:24 pm

Brick and grout, porous and indestructable... shit. Thinking in skincare terms... clay pulls toxins out of your pores... cat littler is indeed absorbent clay... give your floor a clay mask? But that could also just make a monumental mess. Dunno, what does Home Depot say?
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:31 pm

And don't throw any bleach on it because you'll get a nasty toxic cloud that happens when you mix it with ammonia.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:33 pm | Edited by: saispas

Maybe I should paint over the tile with a sealant?

There is obviously some sort of glossy stuff they slicked over the tiles with.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:34 pm

I would start by just pouring a gallon of that nature's miracle shit on the floor. if that doesn't fix it and nothing else will, you should think about just sealing the bricks with a coat of polyurethane or something. that might trap the stink in there, and if not at least it will form a seal so if they get pissed on again it won't soak in as much.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:44 pm

Never having used polyurethane, can you just paint it on their with a synthetic brush? This is not my home and I just wanna do what I can to mask it long enough to get our deposit back. Not to be a total bith, but these landlords just collect the money and they have no idea how to maintain this property anyway.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:50 pm

you use those foam brushes. put on like two coats, sand with super fine sandpaper, then one more coat.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 8:56 pm

Gotcha.

Now does anyone have a preferred litter box they use? I have this huge covered monstrosity, but the construction sucks. Anyone ever bought those domed ones?
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 9:20 pm

cats have accidentally pissed the brick tile floor

cats don't "accidentally" piss or shit anywhere. litter box too full, maybe?different litter? too much or too little litter? maybe they hate the litter box - i got my cat one that had a top entrance and she hated it.

unfunny responses

instead of here, maybe try google first. its ALWAYS nice to mundane queries
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 9:27 pm

cats don't "accidentally" piss or shit anywhere. litter box too full, maybe?different litter? too much or too little litter? maybe they hate the litter box - i got my cat one that had a top entrance and she hated it.

or

And don't think the cat accidently did it. Cats are vindictive and deceptive.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 9:54 pm

i'm up to 3 cats now & have had vets who swear cats don't piss anywhere out of vindictivness.

i don't know. they seem like untrustworthy little fuckers to me.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 10:02 pm

Arman spelled "accidentally" right.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 10:30 pm

That's because Arman is a bad ass.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 10:39 pm

we had to lay a cinder block on the accelerator of an '83 Cutlass Cruiser wagon and drive it off a cliff cause of cat piss.
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 11:21 pm

Arman spelled "accidentally" right.

no i di'nt. i cut and pastededed.
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 1:11 pm

instead of here, maybe try google first. its ALWAYS nice to mundane queries

I don't give a shit about "nice" anymore (at least not in this ghetto); I give a shit about "funny".

You're pretty funny.
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh and I clean their box sometimes twice a day and have switched litters for years. They are basically gonna smell, but I have never had them insist on pissing outside the box before.
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 4:05 pm

you probably already know this. but don't use anything with ammonia. it fuses with the naturally occuring ammonia in the pee & makes the smell permanent. learned that from some pet show, don't recall what they actually said to use though.
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 4:34 pm

This stuff sounds promising. Is this the CSI stuff you were talking about?
http://www.urine-off.com/HowUOWorks.php
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 4:38 pm

And fuck all y'all bitches with unfunny responses. If they are actually anticat and funny, I'll give it up to you, but usually they aren't, so here's to thinking harder. Cheers!

Hold the cat over your open mouth whenever you see your cats start to wee wee.
That's what I do.
It's delicious!
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 5:07 pm | Edited by: saispas

So far, Dale's Nature's Miracle and if desperate, miss linda's suggestions are most promising.

leftpeg, yeah, that is the blacklight stuff! More for carpets etc...looks like.
Posted: Feb 9, 2008 2:42 pm

Nature's Miracle has a new "orange" version that KILLS the piss. Well, it may be only temporary, but wow. Good stuff, dale!
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 2:27 pm

i need to try this nature stuff. coz that whole area of my kitchen is making me crazy.
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Seriously. I did what Womb Raider suggested (sorta) and poured a bunch of Nature's Miracle all over that part of the sunroom and mopped. I also bought a brand new litter box. Worth every dime.
Posted: Feb 11, 2008 8:59 pm

pissy smells=band name.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 11:31 am

Pissy pussy smells=supergroup name!

I came home last nite, and went to switch on the lamp on our art deco sideboard, only to find a dried cat plop in front of it... did kinda even-up the look of the stuff on top of the cabinet " guess our cats have been watching Martha Stuart again!

One of 'em still insists on using the cat box, even though we had a cat flap fitted in the back door, and she secretly uses said flap! Man, cats is just plain WEIRD and ORNERY, but seemingly into fecal-powered interior decorating...

If they're pissing on stuff, spray it with Jif lemon juice as cats hate it (test first, to see if the colour of what you're spraying is affected)...
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 11:43 am

piss all over your cat's house and see how they like it
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 4:07 pm

accidentally pissed
no way, cats piss on purpose.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 5:06 pm

I think she was telling me to go get a new litter box. You are so right; this cat is fucking smart and was pissing intentionally on the floor.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 5:07 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

There was somebody at the Buccaneer on Sunday on which cat piss stentch would have been an improvement as far as funk factor involved.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm

I love that the Amy Winehouse and Cat pissy smell threads are next to each other.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 2:40 pm

My bitch ass fucking cat muther fucker keeps pissing on my newly installed travertine heated floor in the entrance of my house. So as soon as you open the door you are blasted with foul toxic cat piss. The worst part is my house is for sale. how the fuck am i going to sell it with the stench of cat piss that has taken over. I've cleaned the spot several times with bleach and then natures miracle. then the next day the bitch pisses in the same spot. I rubbed her nose in it out of spite hoping that would stop the little bastard. Sure enough the next day the little MF did it again. The litter box is always clean. This cat is not a genious to begin with. its too stupid to cover its own piss and shit in the litter box. I have go downstairs and cover it or clean after every bowel movement. I'm close to smacking the shit out of him if he keeps it up. help!
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 2:46 pm

bag, brick, river
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 2:53 pm

my cat recently started pissing in our bed. we kept him out of the bedroom, but then one night as i was watching a video he jumped up on the top of the couch and pissed all over my face, shirt and pants. he got fixed the next day and now he doesnt do that shit anymore.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 3:07 pm

bag, brick, river sounds good to me. if i did that my wife would put me in the river.
I cant believe your cat pissed on your face and clothes. unbelievable. If my cat keeps pissing on the floor she will unfortatley get out of the house and get lost. I'm not going to deal with that shit every day. Thats for sure!

keep on keep'n on
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 4:17 pm

then the next day the bitch pisses in the same spot. I rubbed her nose in it out of spite hoping that would stop the little bastard. Sure enough the next day the little MF did it again. The litter box is always clean. This cat is not a genious to begin with. its too stupid to cover its own piss and shit in the litter box. I have go downstairs and cover it or clean after every bowel movement. I'm close to smacking the shit out of him if he keeps it up. help

Not a joke, but why not just get rid of the cat. Seems simple enough.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 5:23 pm | Edited by: saispas

I cant believe your cat pissed on your face and clothes.

My cat, Lucy (RIP), did that once at least. She would often piss my bed/futon etc (whatever I had at any time in her 16 years) but one night, she just got up on the bed when Ryan and I were in it and PEED ON ME! Little bitch. She was just mad that we were living in the house with a dog.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®