Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / IT'S SUPER TUESDAY AND I'VE BEEN DISENFRANCHISED!!!
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 9:32 am

Went to Wicker Park to vote today, as I always have, and they didn't have my fucking name in the big book! WTF!!! I always have my registration card in my wallet, so at least I could prove I wasn't a retard, and that I was in the right spot. I had to fill out some form, and then they let me vote. Also got a few complimentary Munchkins.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 9:51 am

a few complimentary Munchkins.

TAKE THEM BACK! you and jennifer don't need any more kids!
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 9:51 am | Edited by: cococomas

a similar thing happened to both Lisa & I... they had sent out some "mailer" (to our old apt.) to confirm our address & since we didn't respond, we were therefore taken off the active voter list... I also had my voter registration card on me, so they let me vote...but wtf??
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 10:25 am

Uh, maybe for you but they had an address on N. Racine for me... I've never ever lived on that street. NOR WOULD I EVER!

but, again, they let me vote anyway.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 10:25 am

voting irregularities in chicago? SHOCKING.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 10:27 am

shit, maybe i'll swing by oak park and see if i'm still enrolled there too.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 10:29 am | Edited by: Jay

after i voted, the guy told me to come back later and try again!
"why not" he said.

shit, maybe i'll swing by oak park and see if i'm still enrolled there too.

they were having problems out there this morning w/ places opening on time. heard some people weren't going to be able to make it back tonight to vote, so they got fucked.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 11:01 am

they were having problems out there this morning w/ places opening on time.

after me and whatsherface moved from washington blvd to austin blvd they somehow had the two of us registered at two different places. she had to go back to the school and i had to go to 123 madison. and despite that being village hall and the police department they weren't open at 8 a.m.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 11:05 am

voting irregularities in chicago?

what, that obama WILL win? sure.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 11:40 am

they had sent out some "mailer" (to our old apt.) to confirm our address & since we didn't respond, we were therefore taken off the active voter list...

That's called "caging", and it's a voter supression technique the Republicans have been using in the last couple of elections. If there's a close election, they'll go to court to have your vote declared fraudulent.

Go Obama.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 12:43 pm

GObama!
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 1:09 pm

they've sent me to two different places before regardless of my mini poll book that was sent with my name on it. really really annoying.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 1:10 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

It still amazes me that we celebrate July 4th, but Election day (not primarys, per se) is dealt with as an inconvienience by business government and the people themselves.
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 1:13 pm

Save the drama for your Obama?
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 4:09 pm

at least you didn't get punched:

Police: Election judge charged with battery for punching another judge in face

By Jeremy Gorner and Jason Grotto | Tribune reporters
4:02 PM CST, February 5, 2008

An election judge was charged with battery Tuesday morning after punching another judge at a 42nd Ward West Loop polling place, according to Chicago police.

The female judges, whose party affiliations were not immediately known, were quarreling over "procedures" when one punched the other in the face, said Central District Capt. Joseph Vaclavik.

The judge who was punched, believed to be in her mid-50s, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital for evaluation, Vaclavik said.

The other, in her late 30s, whose name was not released, was charged with misdemeanor battery, Vaclavik said. He could not elaborate on the procedural matter that sparked the fight.

The incident occurred about 9 a.m. at the polling station at the headquarters for Local 134 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, 600 W. Washington Blvd.

The brawl between the twojudges was the culmination of a clash that had been raging for years, fellow poll workers said.

"It was just a silly thing, but very disturbing," said one judge, who declined to give her name or the names of the two judges involved.

Witnesses say the fight stemmed from a clash of personalities, not politics.

A third judge, identified as Shanon Craig, injured her hand while attempting to break up the fight and was taken to a hospital.

"It was a pretty good scuffle," said precinct judge Menard Haskell. "Reminded me of 'Friday Night Smackdown.' "

jgorner@tribune.com

dkidwell@tribune.com

More articles
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 5:19 pm

HAH! Awesome!!!

Well, at least you guys get to vote on Super Tuesday! I just have to watch.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®