Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Nothing like covering your ass
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 6:10 am

The president can now pardon himself for war crimes.

http://www.youtube.com/v/jHQ7Prwh7Gc&rel=1
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 7:44 am

1.) That isn't a pardon. It's a part of a piece of legislation proposed and approved(?) by the Legislative branch of the U.S. government. It is not a violation of a separation of powers, it is two powers protecting each other.

2.) Shit happens. Everyone knows the winners write the rules. Nobody ever expected Bush or Clinton to hang.

3.) This is a Democracy. You didn't vote against him hard enough.

4.) I, personally, didn't vote. I did this as a show of no confidence for our all-or-nothing system. Therefore I, doing the honorable thing and showing no part of this injustice, am not liable.

5.) YOU, on the other hand, placed your confidence in the current system. The system failed. You put your faith in it. I put my faith in failure.

6.) Me: 1

7.) You: 0

8.) Bush: everything else
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 7:47 am

BTW:

That isn't a pardon

For us leftists, this also doesn't apply to international law. So there's that. Think you can get a rich white man to hang in Switzerland? Do it!
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 7:49 am

9.) Shut up.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 5:02 pm

It'd be great if he got extradited.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 5:19 pm

This is a Democracy

Actually we're a Republic....
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 4:21 am

Therefore I, doing the honorable thing and showing no part of this injustice, am not liable.
I find it very unlikely you pay zero taxes and make no use of public works. You are as much a part of this injustice as any other citizen. If it makes you feel better to think that you aren't participating, that's fine, but it is also very naive.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®