Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Smash Lab on Discovery
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 7:22 am

So far, no good. Like Mythbusters without the learning. These idiots have college degrees! I'm gonna fix this retarded motherfucking episode in 40 min. I got a PhD. in shit breaking! And shit fixing! Aaaaand shit kicking!
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 7:34 am

The sons waited awake til I got home tonight to tell me "Most awesome TV you'll ever see Dad." It's DVR'd. I'll watch it with 'em tomorrow.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 7:38 am

ugh, pure shit. Hyde from That 70's Show, a token dumb chick, a faux-hawk, and some Britt Daniel looking fucker. The latter two can't figure out how to tow a car into a wall. And they're the smart ones! A pulley system? Put a tow rope over the wall and drive! Let's over-complicate shit!

Oh, shit. Not so good, your idea. They just launched a spray of concrete into opposing lanes. "We're onto something!"

They drove a car into their shitty aerated concrete at 35 degrees at 60 mph and recorded serious G-forces.

This cat hit much faster and harder, walked away, and launched less-deadly styrofoam into where oncoming lanes would be.

Not to mention that their whole idea rests on a faulty theory. More on that later.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 7:41 am

I mean it's great TV! But then I'm the guy that used to drag my parents to Blockbuster to rent crash compilations. Your sons can learn a lot from this show. But they could learn alot more if they'd fire these poofs and get some pros.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 7:44 am

lame
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 7:49 am

Hated it.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 8:04 am

Should I "accidentally" delete it then? I guess it wouldn't matter though. The channel reruns things a billion times a week.

Most Discovery shows lose it after a season or two. Sucks if this one is a stinker off the bat.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 8:22 am

Another failure! Stunt driver didn't react like a real driver would - hitting the brakes, steering back toward the road - good thing too. He would have cartwheeled into a fucking concrete barrier!

Okay, thing #1. They are discussing cars crossing medians and hitting oncoming cars. This would be a combined speed of anywhere from 120-80 mph. Not 60 like their dumbass control.

#2. The barrier design. Cars reach 35 degrees as they cross the median. Generally they hit the median at around 15 degrees. This is important. Aerated concrete would act similarly to a tire barrier, grabbing the car and turning it. This is not ideal. (In the 35 degree test it performed better, slowing the car and launching it up and over the barrier, landing it relatively gently on the other side. They called this success a failure) This has been discussed and debated years ago and led to the development of the SAFER barrier which combines both the energy absorption of foam and the energy transfer of steel. This has already saved lives.

#3. The "aerated-cement-field" in the median idea. Uhhhh I've never seen a gravel trap before. Idiots. And at like a million times the cost, who could afford not to?

#4. The "successful" bus test. Bullshit. He hit the brakes and swerved away and still missed by inches. The other cars, remember, are oncoming. On a highway. 60 mph.

Fire these fuckheads, move the show to Austin and hire me. These idiots couldn't keep an egg from breaking with a sheet of newspaper, 4 drinking straws, a rubber glove and a yard of masking tape! Shit!
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 8:28 am

Should I "accidentally" delete it then?

No! Watch it with your kids! I mean it's stupid but it's right there. I mean you gotta watch a LOT of Nascar to see enough of this shit to know it right off the bat so unless you wanna go that route, just watch it alone, chalk up a list of failings, and discuss it with your children.

Besides, they fuck shit up! It's alright.... Just not as good as it could be.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 6:49 pm

I saw the first one. To me it seemed like it was quickly thrown together without writers. They blew up a couple trucks and then played it back in slow-motion a dozen times while making obvious comments about it. Add a cutie like Kari Byron, some real writers and maybe focus more on what goes into rigging the explosives needed to blow up a pickup truck. Or better yet, put one or more of the actors in perceived danger and it might be somewhat worth watching.

Not that it was horrible, just not something I'd go out of my way to watch.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®