Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / cloverfield rules
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 1:24 am

damn! that movie is awesome! screamed like a little girl a few times.

go see it. awesome, awesome shit.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 1:54 am

is it Cthulu?
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 2:20 am

bob mondello's review was hilarious, especially when he put crappy effects on his voice to imitate watching shaky video camera footage for 2 hours.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 4:30 am

Blair Witch meets Godzilla?

No thanks.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 6:54 am | Edited by: KosherPickleHarry

I just came from seeing it.

My date liked it, I thought it was okay.

The camcorder footy was annoying after 10 minutes, and the dialog ("Robbbb!!!" "Huuuudddddd!!!!" x 1000) was tedious.

Blair Witch meets Godzilla is a very accurate description.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 3:28 pm | Edited by: eric o

ads are great. i think i'll watch those and be happy enough.

gotta get through season 4 of the WIRE and all my GIMME GIMME OCTOPUS episodes.

next real movie: there will be blood.

[bateman note: keep thinking this is about CLOVERBOTTOM!]
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 4:00 pm

so it was not about Cthulu?
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 4:11 pm

there will be blood.

going to see this tonight!
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 5:11 pm

bob mondello's review was hilarious, especially when he put crappy effects on his voice to imitate watching shaky video camera footage for 2 hours
I heard that - he got it dead-on. The shakey-cam made me feel a bit carsick. I liked the movie alright - first 20 minutes or so were nearly unbearable though. Yeah, and the "Hud! Hud! Huuud!!!" What a bunch of morons. I give it a six outta ten. Despite all that though, go see it on the big screen. It's fun.

There Will be Blood matinee for us today.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 8:29 pm

The Blair Witch Takes Manhattan.

Shoulda taken Dramamine, beware. All shots in the movie are filmed with hand held camera. Squint your eyes for the running scenes otherwise vomitose.

After we nuked Japan a couple times Gojira stomping around kinda makes sense. So the terror wrists are to blame for Cloverfield. Movie would have been better if HUD had said "Game over, man." Geiger better get a big fat movie check.
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 11:16 pm

It's no First Sunday.
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 12:04 am

Can't stand the Shaky Cam. When i went to see Transformers i couldn't tell what the hell was going on during the Robot Fight scenes cuzza that shit.

That said,i'd be more into this if it had a better title (A monster movie shouldn't have a title that sounds like a Romantic Comedy sez me).
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 1:22 am

Can't stand the Shaky Cam.
That shit would for sure make me wanna puke.
I would just hope they would all die sooner so I could leave.
Posted: Jan 22, 2008 4:26 am

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:43 am

I was going to see this, but by some error in judgment/timing/ignorace saw Sweeny Todd instead. My god, what a fucking terrible movie! Did you know it was a musical? Like a fucking singing the whole time instead of talking musical. Fucking terrible!
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:44 am

It's no First Sunday.
Again, error of jedgment/ignorance, when the teenage kid offered to sell me a copy of this I just looked at him blankly, like he was speaking chinese. What the fuck is wrong with me these days?
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 1:36 pm

The camcorder footy was annoying

The word "footy" is annoying.
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 1:41 pm

What the fuck is wrong with me these days?

Tracey Morgan is the funniest man alive.
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 2:06 pm

go see a really good thriller/horror movie...."The Orphanage"...now thats some creepy stuff...top shelf!
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Like a fucking singing the whole time instead of talking musical. Fucking terrible!

the fuck you are talking about? the songs were very short and the lyrics hilarious...plus it was really violent and bloody...I liked it
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 3:39 pm

you like musicals.
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 4:54 pm

it's a film adaptation of a musical, i think it could've been assumed there would be singing and dancing.
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 5:05 pm

I was going to see this, but by some error in judgment/timing/ignorace saw Sweeny Todd instead. My god, what a fucking terrible movie! Did you know it was a musical? Like a fucking singing the whole time instead of talking musical. Fucking terrible!

I thought it was pretty good, but the perfect downbeat ending put it in the positive column for me. The songs were lame but it looked awesome, and the bloody second half made up for the endless singing of the first. Still, with a film that looked so characteristically "Burton", I couldn't help but hope for songs by Danny Elfman, rather than the pre-existing Sondheim cheeze....
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 5:10 pm

There will be blood:

good for first 15 minutes
good for last 15 minutes
the 2 1/2 hours in between: I had a nice nap
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 5:15 am

the new Romero flick, diary of the dead, is supposed to be the same thing. single handheld camera. should be very cool.

i also liked blair witch and loved me some godzilla as a kid. so cloverfield is a great mix of the two.
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 8:10 am

I couldn't tell if it was the filming-style or the Percoset that made me nauseous..
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 4:53 pm

There will be blood:

good for first 15 minutes
good for last 15 minutes
the 2 1/2 hours in between: I had a nice nap

You missed out.
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 6:37 pm

it was like riding a theme park ride. most fun movie Ive seen in a long time
Posted: Jan 24, 2008 6:40 pm

I liked it.
I liked 'There Will Be Blood' as well....good all the way thru....
Posted: Jan 25, 2008 12:35 am

I couldn't tell if it was the filming-style or the Percoset that made me nauseous..
BARF!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®