Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / stupid Rock Band game
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Some jackasses at work brought it in today and are playing in a conference room. I peeked in to see what all the hubbub was all about and these gamer-nerds were just getting ready to "perform" Learn to Fly by the Foo Fighters. One the screen was a factoid about Dave Grohl once being in a episode of the X-files. Big deal. How about mentioning that Pat Smear was in the Germs you fucking faggots!!!!!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:07 pm | Edited by: miss linda

Are there any 80's KISS songs on that game?

"WOOOOOOOOAH-WOAH, HEAVEN'S ON FIRE"

"DON'T WANNA WAIT TILL YOU KNOW ME BETTER!

LICK IT UP....WHO0OH!"
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Since you're complaining about Rock Band... let me...

the makers of the game - harmonix, an MTV company.... used all the music - put it all in there BEFORE FIRST GETTING LICENSES.... i am now in an incredibly time-consuming all-day-long-every-day unnecessary negotiation with them and there are several other music publishers and attorneys involved. its a fucking swamp. i fear it may be years before this is settled and apparently we are in some legal music publishing precedent setting brouhaha which is why it will take forever.

right now, i'm so pissed, i'm thinking of severing my client's interest from the pack and cutting a separate deal... just like leno and letterman did with the WGA...

that said... i hope shit tons of people buy this fucking idiot game because i'm getting paid a percentage on top of my hourly
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:19 pm

i hope shit tons of people buy this fucking idiot game because i'm getting paid a percentage on top of my hourly

Capitalist creep.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:20 pm

so how many Kiss Songs?

I was made for loving you?

Beth?

God gave rock-n-roll to you?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:23 pm

that shit is awful...even WORSE than karaoke, if that's possible...
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Peoples' idea of what is cool these days is so lame it defies belief.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Peoples' idea of what is cool these days is so lame it defies belief.

I bought the Jimminy Cricket "Addition and Subtraction" LP at the Salvation Army today. There's an awesome song about cannibals. I rule!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 10:33 pm

I look at at you and my blood boil's hot!
I feel my temerature rise.......
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 11:01 pm

what's wrong with getting a few friends together, borrowing a bunch of guitars, making a drum set out of cardboard boxes, getting wasted then jamming in the garage til the neighbours call the police? Call me old fashioned.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 11:40 pm

I've got it.

It's pretty fucking cool.

"Detroit Rock City" is in there. Sadly, no Beth.
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 12:07 am

It looks fun to me, but I wouldn't pay the outrageous price because I'm sure I would get bored with it.
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 12:08 am

I'd rather make shadow puppets with my scrotum and a flashlight
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 12:41 am

RockStar games are working on that one
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 1:29 am

and theresa k gets a percentage of your nuts.
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 1:31 am

I'd rather make shadow puppets with my scrotum and a flashlight

Normal average wednesday afternoon at Mattos house.
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 1:38 am

I just figured out how to make that Moose they rescued....boy that stuff's elastic...
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 1:43 am | Edited by: Shaun A

Mooses are the most difficult to do, you have to really contort to get the features right. After 'lights out', Richard 'Todger' Briggs, during his brief fling with communism, used to do an astonishingly lifelike Lenin
Posted: Jan 17, 2008 2:12 am

Reminds me of the South Park "Guitar Queer-O" episode when the kids give Stan's dad a blank look when he plays "Carry on My Wayward Son" on a real guitar ...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®