Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Tav Falco
queenothetwist
Posted: Jun 19, 2004 8:04 pm

Anybody want to tell me how good or bad Tav Falco's 1986 "shake rag" LP is? The "1986" part makes me nervous...
No Big Thing
Posted: Jun 19, 2004 8:10 pm

No idea, but I've been playing "I'm On This Rocket" constantly for days. The interview bit with him on "It Came From Memphis vol. 2" is amazing...any chance some Goner out there has a VHS or CDR copy with the accompanying video?
moody prick
Posted: Jun 19, 2004 11:01 pm

As originally issued (4 song studio 12" and bonus vinyl version of a live show that was previously cassette only), it was a pretty cool thing. The live show is killer - fuzzy, swampy and messy. The studio stuff was cut at Phillips Recording by Jim Dickinson. "Shade Tree Mechanic" is as greasy and leering as it needs to be and usually ends up my mix tapes. But, I guess this all depends on what you think of Tav and what your favorite Tav records may already be...
Luke Batarang
Posted: Jun 20, 2004 3:59 pm

One of my favourite TAV FALCO releases is THE UNRELEASED SESSIONS on the French/Spanish Marilyn Records (1992/Distribution New Rose). It was recorded Dec. 3rd, 1980 at Sam Phillips Recording Co., Memphis TN. & engineered by Stan Kessler. It features Ross Johnson on drums & G, Marcucci on guitar and it rocks! Good luck finding a copy...
queenothetwist
Posted: Jun 21, 2004 6:49 am

Gee, you guys are loads of help. Okay, let's try again... The album in question :
Shake. Rag.

aaaaaand... Go.

dropkick
Posted: Jun 21, 2004 9:19 am

it's got "shade tree mechanic". and "cuban rebel girl". sold! the four studio songs appear as bonuses on the "the world we knew" cd on triple x. get it as fast as you can. if you want the live stuff, frenchies are always selling new rose stuff on ebay pretty cheap.
moody prick
Posted: Jun 21, 2004 9:52 am

...ah, hell. You're gonna need it all. Well maybe not, but Shake Rag's worth living with.
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 9:07 pm

So, I'm new & don't know the lay of the land around here, but I recently picked up a copy of this here EP (which is fucking great). It's got a letter from "Tav and Lorette" to someone name "Chuck" who apparently lived on Princeton St in Memphis sometime around 1986? That along with a bunch of crazy promo photos and a 17-page folder of press clippings. Anybody have any idea who this Chuck might be? Presumably someone in music promotion or at a label, maybe radio? Mysterious mysteries...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®