Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Bourdain - No Reservations...on another note...
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 6:34 am

Ok..like many, I'm addicted to this show..the guy loves meat, hates vegetarians, and loves the Ramones and Richard Hell...but why, Tony why, do you insist on wearing that fucking thumb ring?! That has been such a dye-marker for douchery in my life, that I have a hard time reconciling my love for the show every time I see him wearing it....
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:01 am

he is a douche
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:05 am

I don't agree...but maybe I'm a bit forgiving of some of his douche-like tendencies....pretty good writer tho...entertaining anyway....
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:13 am

I love him! Did you see the new Berlin episode? Freaky artists unite!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:15 am

yeah...just watched the Vietnam one....live Cobra heart and a glass full of Bile......gnarls....
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:17 am

i think the ring is annoying too - but over all, i think he's pretty damn cool.
let the ring slide. bourdain rules.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:19 am

Ok...I will...maybe comcast offers a ring deleter....
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:20 am

just watched the Vietnam one....live Cobra heart and a glass full of Bile......gnarls....

Thats from the first season. And please don't ever say "gnarls" again.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:22 am

ha ha...I was hoping to get some negativity outta that....chalk it up to growing up a skater...and point taken....
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 9:04 am

yeah, i'm reading random bits of A Cook's Tour and he's great. TV stuff, dunno. But solid write on action.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 1:23 pm

I used to hate on him but then I realized I'm just extremely jealous. He is kind of arrogant though.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm

just cause he's entertaining or can write an interesting sentence doesn't nullify "douche" tendencies

plus you're comparing him to who...... people like Rachel Ray?

puhleeze
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Maybe it's just a handy place to hold his cock ring.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 3:05 pm

..or a cocky place to hold his hand ring...
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 3:26 pm

There's a interview on The Onion where Bourdain talks about giving Johnny Thunders free food at his restaurant and how awkward he looked eating there. Pretty funny.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 3:27 pm

hahaha
look at the junkie try to keep his food down
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 4:48 pm

bourdain should know from junkies.... his personal experience...

i LOVE how he just berates rachael ray oh so eloquently and yet in such a vulgar way at the same time!

he's like the lester bangs of the kitchen
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Maybe it's just a handy place to hold his cock ring.

..or a cocky place to hold his hand ring...

Very snappy comeback, Matto. You have officially negated the "gnarls" thing from earlier!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 4:57 pm

LOVE how he just berates rachael ray oh so eloquently and yet in such a vulgar way at the same time!

And oh so many others. He's really fucking funny. I have the dvd of first season of no reservations, and I laugh out loud at some of the funny shit he says. I would love to go drinkin and eating with him. I think we'd get along famously.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Ya know, anyone with their own show looks or acts like a douchebag at times....almost without exception. Any one of you (or I) would be far worse than he is on the teevee. That shit's way harder than it looks. He knows food and he knows a lot of the cultural history behind the food, so as a food/travel show it's as good as anyone's. His attitude, or whatever you want to call it, is pretty similar to mine, so that part's very enjoyable to me, and pretty rare on the tube. The Mark Beef cooking show would be entertaining in a sad way for an episode or two (like that retard cable access cooking show), but no way would I look forward to seasons worth of episodes....because as far as I can tell, Bourdain is far less of a douchebag than Beef.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 5:13 pm

sorry for insulting your wife
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 5:17 pm

Don't hate the playa!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Hate the game!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 5:21 pm

I love the playa

what's this got to do with the beach anyways, pinche putas?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Your last name is making me hungry. Lunch time!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 5:59 pm

i believe he also has an earring. i still totally am in love with him anyhow....
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Yup. He also wears a leather blazer, and nothing but cowboy boots 24/7... and there ain't a single goddamn fashion crime that could make him any less sexy. That's the way that works.

Posted: Jan 16, 2008 6:45 pm

and christ knows no chick ever thought a douche was sexy
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Wrong, Mr, Bourdain is sexy. But, he's no Eric Rippert.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 6:53 pm

I'm sure Mr. Tricknee feels the same way
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:17 pm

and christ knows no chick ever thought a douche was sexy

If you're reffering to that time in '87 when you got some... she was retarded... and drunk.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:26 pm

it's not nice to call your mother retarded
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:28 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Sorry, but this whole thing is very funny to me!!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:50 pm

He's just mad because we interrupted his woman beating, sobbing and gay locker-room fantasies...
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:52 pm

why do you like Bourdain if he has fantasies like that?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 7:53 pm

I really appreciate his arrogance and "douchey" tendencies. His personality is what kinda makes the show for me, and yeah, aspects of that personality totally remind me of certain friends of mine.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:02 pm

I really appreciate his arrogance and "douchey" tendencies

Me too, and you can totally tell he's a bit of a dork, too. Like sometimes he says stuff and kinda looks embaressed for himself for a moment, and then probably remembers that now people think he's really cool and he doesn't have to feel like a dork anymore! I love that.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:04 pm

agreed, kevin

for the rest of you this all goes back to your childlike fantasies that allows you to believe that everyone in good bands are wonderful human beings and only assholes make bad art, right?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:09 pm

I think Beef is secretly longing Bourdain to lose the thumbring in his over-tightened sphincter whilst cradling him gently like a bowling ball...jesus...I've heard rape victims with more empathy...
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:12 pm

for the rest of you this all goes back to your childlike fantasies that allows you to believe that everyone in good bands are wonderful human beings and only assholes make bad art, right?

Um, what? I never had those fantasies. Sounds like YOU did, though.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:12 pm

He also calls Emeril an Ewok
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

What was his show on the Food Network where he spent most of his time bashing emeril, martha and all his Food Network associates? Funny how that show didn't last too long.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:25 pm

What was his show on the Food Network where he spent most of his time bashing emeril, martha and all his Food Network associates?

A Cook's Tour... they're showing episodes again. Late night at seemingly random times though.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 8:25 pm

now this is just getting silly
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®