Posted: Jan 11, 2008 4:29 pm | Edited by: Goner Rhea

i need some, just for music - not movies or games

i was thinking
these

or

these

any recomendations? whatcha got?
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 4:46 pm

The Best Buy Bose $100 speakers work well for the price.
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 5:02 pm

get these ones! they look rad too!

http://www.harman-multimedia.com/encounter3.aspx
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 5:31 pm

I have those Logitech ones. They sound really good. Theres an adjustable bass control on the back of the woofer that lets you make the floor shake.
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 5:41 pm

thanks guys
though i'm not into bose, i'm sure those are decent but i have a pair of bose bookshelf speakers (301's?) and i think they suck at least compared to my old giant jbl's.

http://www.harman-multimedia.com/encounter3.aspx
they look rad but it didn't list a price. i checked amazon and they didn't have 'em in stock either.

i would just plug my computer into my stereo amp cause they're only 2 feet away from each other but then i'd have to unplug the cd player.
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 5:45 pm

floor shake
oooh!
didn't see your post before mine. i might get them then.
thanks!
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 7:17 pm

yeah i have mine hooked up to the stereo. even when they were in seperate rooms i just ran a 50' cord thru the floor.

i would just plug my computer into my stereo amp cause they're only 2 feet away from each other but then i'd have to unplug the cd player.
uhhh just a guess, but your computer probably has a cd drive? and if yer PC was hooked to yer stereo, why would you need a seperate CD player anymore?
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 7:57 pm

uhhh just a guess, but your computer probably has a cd drive? and if yer PC was hooked to yer stereo, why would you need a seperate CD player anymore?

didn't even think of that. you just saved me $100! thanks pumpkin!
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 8:15 pm

thanks pumpkin!

Don't you mean thanks pumpkinhead?
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 1:02 am

punkin
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 1:11 am

I have these: klipsch

they rule. total facemelters. there is a headphone jack on the right speaker which is nice. Can't beat the specs for the price. around $120 on amazon.
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 5:54 pm

I've picked up the logitech x-230 speakers from office max for around $40, and I have been amazed at how good they sound.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®