Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / So, Hillary is pretty much fucked now, right?
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 3:28 pm

after all this MLK bullshit and her supporters basically encouraging someone to assassinate Obama?
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 3:32 pm

Let's hope so...If she is the best we can trot out, we ARE fucked.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 3:37 pm

Jesus! When was the last time that public turned this much on a politician! Maybe George W. Bush??? My prediction is that Hillary drops out in the near future to protect the Clinton brand name and avoid any further embarassment. She will back Edwards who will pull ahead of Obama, win the Democratic nomination and Hillary will be Edwards VP running mate.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 3:41 pm

I'm thinking something more along the lines of suicide, hopefully in front of many, many people. Like this thing where she just starts shooting people, then takes someone hostage, and her face melts off to show her robot skeleton and then she blows up. It's a fantasy of mine.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 4:37 pm

speaking as a North Carolina resident and native,
if Edwards get the nomination, I'd appreciate it if someone would
assassinate me....
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 4:56 pm

It's looking pretty abysmal. my only hope now is that the Obama train keeps rolling full steam ahead and he somehow wins the whole damn thing. Fuck Edwards.

I was actually hoping Hillary would win just because it would make the right so goddamned angry. oh well.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 4:56 pm

Hills hasn't been fucked in years.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 5:13 pm

Fuck Edwards.

no shit! if he were to be elected then he, along with jimmy carter, will be the 2nd president to die in office...
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 6:08 pm

The two main Democrats:
a Women
and a
Black guy

Democrats are pretty much fucked!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 6:55 pm

So are the Repubs:

A dumb ass hick
A Mormon who can't seem to keep his lies straight
A foolish two-timing joke whose political stock in trade is scaring the shit out of people
An "actor" (actually glad he was pulled away from the L&O franchise; Sam deserved the gig) who has stated he isn't really interested in running for prez
and
John McCain

Who could end up winning this thing and then? Sayonara USA!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:03 pm

Huckabee is known as "glass jaw" in Democratic insider circles because the guy is a total rube with a shitty record & skeletons in his closet. I don't know much about Romney but he's developed a reputation as a "flip-flopper" hasn't he? If "moderates" McCain or Giuliani gets the nomination there will be a 3rd party candidate to appeal to the fundamentalist Christian voters who elect Republicans in this country, siphoning off Republican votes.

The Democrats have this election wrapped up barring any major political scandal or shenanigans.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:10 pm

what about Ron Paul?
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:15 pm

what about Ron Paul?

Insert HOME ALONE kid face here.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:22 pm

So are the Repubs:

A dumb ass hick

recent history shows this is not an insurmountable problem for them. huge fucking problem for the general citizenry but not for the party.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:24 pm

They fuckied with Hillary enough to (as CNN put it) make her have a "breakdown". Now they can label her as a "typical emotional woman". That pisses me off.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:26 pm

Now they can label her as a "typical emotional woman". That pisses me off.

Yup.

And Kev, you are so correct.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:27 pm

Don't get all upset now, dear. How's about making us a sandwich?
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:37 pm

yeah, a woman's place is in the kitchen. ask sylvia plath.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:39 pm

Does Obama get a presidential pimp cane if he is elected?
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:40 pm

Does Obama get a presidential pimp cane if he is elected?

why would he need another one?
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:41 pm

oh, a presidential one. i see.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 8:15 pm | Edited by: bud melman

That pisses me off.
Please Bowie, breathe deeply and relax, you are breaking down like a typical woman. Don't feel self-conscious, this happens to all of you.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 8:21 pm

They fuckied with Hillary enough to (as CNN put it) make her have a "breakdown".
Big girls don't cry
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 8:25 pm

Don't get all upset now, dear. How's about making us a sandwich?

Bray!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 8:42 pm

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 8:57 pm

Who could end up winning this thing and then? Sayonara USA!

I think I'd take any of them over Bush...
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:19 pm

It ain't over yet. She still has the most money and the strongest organization. Plus Bill hasn't taken over the reigns of the campaign yet. A lot can happen between now and next November.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:24 pm

Yeah, Bill did a great job of fucking things up today when he got paranoid and started spewing a bunch of nonsense at some Hillary rally. He really looked and sounded fried. Even people in the audience were wondering what was up. I think he senses the ship is going down.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:27 pm

It's not to late for Pat Buchanan to make a maverick populist move.

Too bad Lyndon LaRouche is dead.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:35 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

Watch out for that insidious creep, Mike Bloomberg.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:50 pm

i'd take BLoomberg over any of the 5-6 front-runners right now.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:51 pm

The two main Democrats:
a Women
and a
Black guy

HE'S RIGHT!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 10:58 pm | Edited by: Will

NYCers may have a different take on him, but a socially liberal, fiscally conservative independent is, like, my dream candidate.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:00 pm

He ripped the soul out of the city. Him and Ghouliani. He's a total douchebag.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:24 pm

Too bad Lyndon LaRouche is dead.
Apparently, he is "moving to crush this Bloomberg option"
http://www.larouchepub.com/pr_lar/2008/lar_pac/080106lar_v_bloomberg.h tml
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:49 pm

Democrats are not fucked, and Obama will probably be our next president.
Well....if the election doesn't get stolen for nine years in a row. Really, who do the Republicans have?

I think I posted a while back that Hillary didn't have a chance in hell. And, typically, I've seen the media trot out the little woman crying footage. That's it. It's over. She's done.
I truly believe that the majority of the US has had enough of the war. And, will vote for the candidate most likely to end it. Which, in their minds, will be Obama.

I have a strange fascination for John McCain, though it's totally inexplicable because I've been a hardcore peacenik since I've been able to vote. I saw one Republican debate, and the only thing that stood out for me was that he said (about gun ownershipl) "oh man, I'd never have a gun" while all of the rest of them was rah rah Charleston Heston shit. I mean, the whole Republican party line about that is "I HAVE GUNS AND YOU SHOULD TOO" but McCain at least has enough experience to know that guns ain't good. I mean, not that he'd ever enact any legislation about it but...

I'm horrible talking about politics because I have very naive views about things. But there's no way in hell that America is going to promote Hillary as the Democrats next best hope. Everybody hates her except for the lesbians. And, as the media has been so swift to point out, she's a WOMAN.
Obama isn't really even a black man. Kind of...but not enough to put the undecideds off. And certainly not enough to put the Democrats in this country off. I mean, it's a plus.

Let's truly hope that the final candidates don't go on Saturday Night Live, though. Al Gore lost the election then...oh wait, he didn't lose the election, did he?
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:52 pm

actually after looking into all the candidates, as much as it pains me to say it, i think i would vote for hildog. between her and bill they have lots of experience running the country, and things were pretty good then. sure they have alot of dirt tied to them and theyre washington insiders, but maybe thats what this country needs.

HILDOG '08!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:54 pm

Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father.
John McCain
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:58 pm

I seen Chelsea on the street and she was cute.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 12:08 am

She is cute. I saw her answering phones on a news story today.

And god, I love Bill. I wish I'd had some culottes in the 90s. There's a ton of "We Love Bill" sentiment going on in this country. If she'd trotted him out a lot more then she wouldn't be in this predicament. However, those lesbians are pretty hard headed, and she probably wanted to do it on her own terms.
Whoever is responsible for not trotting him out to the nth degree should be fired.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 12:57 am

I seen Chelsea on the street and she was cute.
I seen Monica Lewinsky on the street (with some HUGE fat body guard) about 4-5 yrs ago, in front of the Virgin Megastore, Union Square.
She had some DSLs.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 1:39 am | Edited by: a cobb

Densely Stained Leggings?

Did she touch your penis? Did you ask?

edit: looks like Clinton's leading N.H. with 17% in.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 1:43 am

so it john "i hate the gooks" mccain

Q: President Bush has talked about our staying in Iraq for 50 years --" (cut off by McCain)

McCain: "Make it a hundred."
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 1:54 am

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 2:30 am

Yeah McCain is crazy, Hilary sucks but it just shows how completely far removed I am from people in major politics. When that "Iron My Shirt" dude was being an ass, she couldn't even laugh it off. Saying "Ah remnants from sexism" What the fuck, I mean either A. the guy is really a crazy sexist asshole who thinks that a woman could not be president, or B. He is fucking with you, and all you can think to say is "Remnants from sexism", what the hell, and then people applauded? I'm not expecting her to go into a stand-up routine but something with a small amount of wit would be decent.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 2:40 am

Don't look now but the ol' saddlebags just won New Hampshire.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:23 am

"too close to call" maybe they've only counted the precincts where sexism is dead and gone and there are no remnants.

Yeah I gotta agree, Davie. That was the most piece of shit pandering response possible.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:25 am

a socially liberal, fiscally conservative independent is, like, my dream candidate.
Ron Paul

Any woman who votes for Hillary just because she is a woman is mistaken. What about that creepy laugh strategy. That is just bizarre. Bill was a warmonger of the softer misleading kind. Anyone who loved him is an idiot.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:28 am

5th place in NH, he's unelectable.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:34 am

Nah, there is always hope for a Paul/Kucinich independant run.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:37 am

no theres not. electoral college, nigger. short of a revolution, president paul aint happening...
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 3:48 am

re: Ron Paul - you are wrong, sister. The guy's got way to many skeletons in his closet w/r/t to bigotry and that whole gold standard thing is nothing short of laughable.

Furthermore, I would definitely swing fairly far left on environmental issues (because that affects other people, see. true libertarianism is pretty anti-that, no?) and Paul would just let shit fly, leaving it to the markets to decide or to the states to get bought off by corporate assholes.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:00 am

HIllary wins New Hamoshire. Allegedly, she got the important maple syrup union in NH behind her afte she ironed the shirts for top union brass, and that endorsement put her over the top.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:03 am

I am an environmentalist. It is up to individuals and communities to protect the environment. I work on it all the time, do you? Hillary won't save you. She will however make sure you can visit your doctor for free to have your microchip implanted. She will also tax you for driving to pay for a global business government. Libertarians are precisely that, fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Ron Paul is not a bigot-though his defamers are working double time to have you think so. Alright, I really have to give up politics after the primary. People don't want to be free they just want to go shopping and have the option of killing their babies.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:10 am

What's wrong with allowing corporate interest the chance to take over things like our schools and parks? Corporate America keeps me on the radio every day. There ain't nothing wrong with that!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:28 am

Microchips? Seriously? Do you have a laptop connected to that unlit 9 foot sign? Do you get good wireless signals from your tinfoil helmet?

People don't want to be free....

what? People in America are pretty free. I mean there's been a lot of surveillance since we elected the last republican but I mean I mean it's not like that's really affected any of us. I mean it's not like we're marching to motherfucking Buchenwald here. Shit, calm down and take some drugs.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:31 am

WHAT IF???

" The Boss" ran.. Than anytime people would ask him anything he could say... " Thanks for the question... But I dont know the answer at this time. But one thing I do know is that I was BORN IN THE USA!!!" Than go into the song....John Melloncamp as a VP... Holy shit!!!hahahah... Scary thing is I bet they would have a better chance than any of the DEMS. now...
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:45 am

Nah, there is always hope for a Paul/Kucinich independant run.

There was a major 3rd party candidate on the ballot the first time Bill Clinton got elected into office. I'm not hoping for another repeat of that. I don't think Hillary is gonna get the nod though.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:49 am

Ron Paul is not a bigot-though his defamers are working double time to have you think so.
Imagine if Hillary Clinton or Giuliani or any other major political candidate had their name attached to a newsletter that slurred blacks, gays, Jews, etc. Would you be so quick to dismiss? I didn't think so.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:50 am

So you don't believe microchips exist? You don't believe they are being marketed to be implanted as a security device? Why don't you check out some Digital Angel press releases. And why the fuck would they call it digital angel when so many people fear it as the mark of the beast.

Americans are free to shop, for now. What is that clever metaphor fiery saispas used a few days ago?
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:51 am | Edited by: kathy

Whatever. I'm going to become an organic farmer and raise my little Bahai children anyway.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:00 am

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:02 am | Edited by: Rich Balls

They fuckied with Hillary enough to (as CNN put it) make her have a "breakdown". Now they can label her as a "typical emotional woman". That pisses me off.

Yeah, that could go either way with me.
I don't want a MAN or a WOMAN to be a whiny little bitch president!!!
KILL EM ALL!!!!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:04 am

So yeah they've got some agricultural technology that they could use to track your movements. Then they could use that to............ Oh yeah this is the part where there's not really anything they're gonna care about. Oh no they figured out where you are. Fuck! There's nowhere to hide! They can already do this with your cell phone! Shit!

I'm not religious so that Mark of the Beast thing means jack fucking shit to me.

What is that clever metaphor fiery saispas used a few days ago?

How the fuck should I know?
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:09 am

I'm not religious either and it doesn't mean shit to me either other than the fact that it is used to scare people. It is not just for livestock. They refer to people as Assetts in their advertising material along with livestock and cargo.

I am spiritual though, so bless you and fuck politics.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:12 am

Why don't you check out some Digital Angel press releases. And why the fuck would they call it digital angel when so many people fear it as the mark of the beast.
This thread is getting weird, is this the 700 Club message board.

THE
END
IS
NEAR!!

VOTE FOR Archangel Ross PEROT!!!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:19 am

So its kinda like 'On-Star', sheeeit my Caddy was pimpin that 5 years ago!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:33 am

(Imagine hearing the Twilight Zone Theme song)

She will however make sure you can visit your doctor for free to have your microchip implanted.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:35 am

--sidebar
I've already told you people this a thousand times. The chip won't be implanted for a while. They are already putting it in your wallet. Like it or not. Once everyone accepts that self-broadcasting is normal, they will market the "convienience and security" of implants.

-end sidebar
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:01 am

The only implants I wanna see

IS TITTY IMPLANTS!!

WHOOOT! WHOOOT!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:27 am

I just saw the returns from the NH Primary. So,Hillary is pretty much not fucked now,right?
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:31 am

I really should read the rest of the thread before posting.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:31 am

There's quite a few more to go though.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:36 am

The election is rigged. Vote Lambrusco.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:41 am

Nah...I'm thinking Pilsner. Speaking of which-Ya ever try those Victory Prima Pilsners, Muswell?
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:48 am

Have not. But in a recent primary I held, the candidates Urquell, Peroni, and Tyskie went beer for beer until I had to vote Urquell most satisfying. Been on a wine kick as of Saturday... red ones only. Where do I go from here?
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:51 am

"Here" being some brand called Lo Duca REGGIANO imported from Italy straight to New Berlin straight to my roommates Fellowship of the Rings chalet. I'm at the 6 dollar bottle level.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:51 am | Edited by: dale

Reds...Hmmm. I'm still in stout and winter warmer land (not tonight though...It's too warm outside. Got Bell's Two Heart Ale's rockin'!)

Get the Red Truck California Red. Good stuff. It was my wine of choice at band practices. Around 9 bucks a bottle.

Lambusco is good for the soul. Sangria too.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:57 am

Red Truck. I'll try to remember to send a bottle along with the records in the next few weeks (cuz I think EVERYthing is finally a go).

HBJO next (Got a budget and a battle plan....first time ever)
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 8:04 am | Edited by: The Muswell Hillbilly

Hue Blanc for president!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 9:58 am

Eric B for President. Keep followin the Leader.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 2:33 pm

Like I said, it's a long way from over. We should know better after Super Tuesday. But Obama looked like something out of a bad movie last night with that Change poster and the supporters chanting Change! Change! Change! Wtf is that all about? The dude ain't saying nothing, anyway. I'm almost defiantly picking Hillary now because everybody is against her and Bubba's about to take over (face it, aside from NAFTA he was a damn good President).
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:28 pm

Mel Blanc for president!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 4:34 pm

Mel Blanc for president!

NOW YER TALKIN'!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:01 pm

see Kathy, Paul used to put out a newsletter in which lots of unsavory things about gays, blacks, & Jews were printed. Now he and his supporters are all up in arms saying that he didn't personally write these things. And since there were no bylines w/ the pieces in question, that very well may be the case. Even so, Paul was the editor-in-chief, the Boss Hog, and hence, culpable. Either he endorsed these things, or he was too stupid to check what was being disseminated in his name. Either way, I don't want him running the free world.

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=e2f15397-a3c7-4720-ac15-4532 a7da84ca
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:07 pm

scratch "editor-in chief" and put in "owner of publishing company and publication's namesake"
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:08 pm

Mel BROOKS for president!

He will run on the platform that, if elected, hilarity will ensue in the form of bad puns and wacky hijinx.

HILARITY 08!!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:16 pm

please keep in mind that I actually agree with approx. 70% of what Paul has espoused over the course of the debates, which is a hell of a lot more than most of the front-runners. I just wish somebody could come along that supported SOME of the same things without being a total wingnut.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:18 pm

I liked Obama's Sammy Davis Jr. reference "Yes We Can!" in his speech last night. He is turning into MLK lite. He's trying so hard to be spiritual and motivational, it's almost painful to watch. Definitely needs more substance. He missed a lot of votes in the senate. The main one that irked me was the Mukasey vote which he did not participate in. (Nor did any of the senators running for prez). He could have effected some change there. I still like him though. Hillary was so proud of herself last night. Sickening.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:32 pm

No matter who gets in, they're fucked. (and so are we).

Bush/Cheney have totally flushed this country down the crapper. Their rich friends are partying on the crusty rim.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:34 pm

I'ld vote for Hilarity '08. Is Mel Brooks still alive though? He has always been old as long as I can remember. I grew up in the middle of the woods. We had no tv reception except PBS and 3 movies on VHS. History of the World, Some Kind of Wonderful and The Gods Must be Crazy. I would never vote for Eric Stoltz but I wouldn't mind one of those clicking people who found the pop bottle. They seemed honest.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 5:57 pm

Hillary is not fucked after NH! I think Obama is a republican in disquise, plus he is a panderer! Let's hope Hilary keeps going strong. Ron Paul is cool,though, for a republican.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:31 pm

Mel Brooks was on a full season of Curb Your Enthusiasm not long ago. He seems to be doing fine (and still ruling). Mel Blanc, I'm pretty sure, is dead. Anvil. R.I.P.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:37 pm

Obama is a republican in disquise

but Hillary isn't?....
please explain to me why you think this is true. seriously.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:39 pm

Mel Blanc, I'm pretty sure, is dead. Anvil. R.I.P.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hue Blanc = a combination of Mel Blanc and Huey Lewis.

I need an anvil to bring to work to drop on co-workers.
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:41 pm

There's no difference between Democrats and Republicans. There's a direct connection between spuds and double-knit pant-suits. If the spud fits, wear it!

WE'RE ALL DEVO!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 6:51 pm

"Here" being some brand called Lo Duca REGGIANO imported from Italy straight to New Berlin straight to my roommates Fellowship of the Rings chalet. I'm at the 6 dollar bottle level.

I drink lots of Lambrusco! Shit is YUMMY!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:07 pm

Tastes better than these politics. As soon as Jerrys walked, I'm getting more!
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 7:10 pm

Colin - check your e-mail right now please! and get a phone!
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 4:45 am

Definitely needs more substance.

Man I heard this argument before. The president doesn't need substance. He's a figurehead for the people he appoints. He needs Charisma. No president in any of our lifetimes has had substance. They are all just dudes who sit around looking like they look while people tell them what to sign. Obama is my choice for a dude who looks cool signing shit or vetoing shit and telling people to "be cool, man, it'll all be cool.... Everyone else is bein' cool. Be cool."
hookorcrook
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 8:12 am | Edited by: hookorcrook

Eric B for President. Keep followin the Leader.

I'm voting for MC Breed

Never change my ways for the world or the government
If I was the president, then I would state facts
You leave it up to me, I paint the Whitehouse black
There ain't no future in your frontin
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 3:55 pm

No president in any of our lifetimes has had substance.

Still I want them to be better at pretending. Also, we have no idea what type of people Obama would appoint, because we have very little history of his decisions or opinions. I guess we're all assuming he's liberal.

Can a government be competent?
Jimmy Carter says yes,
Jimmy Carter says yes...
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Obama ain't so liberal. He's admittedly in the pocket of big business and the pharmaceutical companies which means no universal health care which means no vote from me. Also he's very shakey on abortion rights (verging on the born again). Plus his message is EMPTY. Change. Hope. That's it. No specifics.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 5:34 pm

Mel Blanc, I'm pretty sure, is dead. Anvil. R.I.P.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/findagrave/photos/2001/222/blancmel2.jpg
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Where's James Polk when you need him?
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Plus his message is EMPTY. Change. Hope. That's it. No specifics.

I agree... but at this point all I want is somebody who doesn't scare and/ or embarrass me. I'm thinking Obama's that dude.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Such an awesome headstone....Jewstar & "that's all folks." He did every known voice for 'em outside Elmer Fudd, usually back-and-forth in one take. Genius.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Yeah, dragging fat Oprah out wherever he goes is SO not embarrassing...
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 6:57 pm

HILARITY 08!!

Best campaign slogan EVER.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 8:31 pm

i think it's awesome that barack obama smokes cigarettes. if he smokes kool's i might shit my pants.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 9:02 pm

I wanna eat out Hillary's cream pie!
She's delicious!
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 9:12 pm

The two main Democrats:
a Women
and a
Black guy

VS.

The party of self-loathing closet homosexuals.

It's going to be a November to remember
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 12:32 am

So you want me to run for president again? Yeah, sure, absolutely, I'll do it. I'd be honored to do it—with my fucking dick in your mouth, you worthless scumbags.

You had your chance with Jimmy Carter, and you fucking blew it. So get fucked. Fucking country

i got what america needs right here

funny shit.
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 12:36 am

i got what america needs right here

So awesome. And true. I love Jimmy Carter..
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 3:46 am

universal health Rich-Riggler
Remember all pigs are created equal, and some pigs are more equal than others. The free market without all of the whore insurance companies dictating, complicating and artifically jacking up rates and manipulating the market is the only real solution. And like many things in life, things will get worse with this solution before they get better. But it's like surgery or rehab, etc, you have to go through it, and people need to adjust. If you allow your government to dictate your health care you are absolutely fucking yourself. Go ask some Europeans with their national health plans, and then ask them why they had to get their own private insurance. It's because they didn't want to wait for lazy ass claims inspector 3.67(b)1, to get back from maternity leave, then vacation, and then personal leave to tell them that no you don't need a heart transplnat, just take some vitamins, you'll feel better. You never let the king in your house, because he props open the door with his foot and will keep pushing open the door further.
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 7:25 am

if he smokes kool's i might shit my pants.

Marlboro Menthol smooooooooooooooooooths?

Like smokin' a Andes Candy! You'll never regret it!

'Bout time we had a president who smokes! Like a real American!
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Clinton wasn't even a good president, he had nothing to do with the economy being good and there wasn't even a true surplus.

Plus he signed off on that mandatory minimum bullshit. I don't see why people are such a fan of his.
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 7:53 pm

The Clinton Presidency: A Historic Era of Progress and Prosperity

* Longest economic expansion in American history
The President's strategy of fiscal discipline, open foreign markets and investments in the American people helped create the conditions for a record 115 months of economic expansion. Our economy has grown at an average of 4 percent per year since 1993.

* More than 22 million new jobs
More than 22 million jobs were created in less than eight years -- the most ever under a single administration, and more than were created in the previous twelve years.

* Highest homeownership in American history
A strong economy and fiscal discipline kept interest rates low, making it possible for more families to buy homes. The homeownership rate increased from 64.2 percent in 1992 to 67. 7 percent, the highest rate ever.

* Lowest unemployment in 30 years
Unemployment dropped from more than 7 percent in 1993 to just 4.0 percent in November 2000. Unemployment for African Americans and Hispanics fell to the lowest rates on record, and the rate for women is the lowest in more than 40 years.

* Raised education standards, increased school choice, and doubled education and training investment
Since 1992, reading and math scores have increased for 4th, 8th, and 12th graders, math SAT scores are at a 30-year high, the number of charter schools has grown from 1 to more than 2,000, forty-nine states have put in place standards in core subjects and federal investment in education and training has doubled.

* Largest expansion of college opportunity since the GI Bill
President Clinton and Vice President Gore have nearly doubled financial aid for students by increasing Pell Grants to the largest award ever, expanding Federal Work-Study to allow 1 million students to work their way through college, and by creating new tax credits and scholarships such as Lifetime Learning tax credits and the HOPE scholarship. At the same time, taxpayers have saved $18 billion due to the decline in student loan defaults, increased collections and savings from the direct student loan program.

* Connected 95 percent of schools to the Internet
President Clinton and Vice President Gore's new commitment to education technology, including the E-Rate and a 3,000 percent increase in educational technology funding, increased the percentage of schools connected to the Internet from 35 percent in 1994 to 95 percent in 1999.

* Family and Medical Leave Act for 20 million Americans
To help parents succeed at work and at home, President Clinton signed the Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993. Over 20 million Americans have taken unpaid leave to care for a newborn child or sick family member.

* Smallest welfare rolls in 32 years
The President pledged to end welfare as we know it and signed landmark bipartisan welfare reform legislation in 1996. Since then, caseloads have been cut in half, to the lowest level since 1968, and millions of parents have joined the workforce. People on welfare today are five times more likely to be working than in 1992.

* Higher incomes at all levels
After falling by nearly $2,000 between 1988 and 1992, the median family's income rose by $6,338, after adjusting for inflation, since 1993. African American family income increased even more, rising by nearly $7,000 since 1993. After years of stagnant income growth among average and lower income families, all income brackets experienced double-digit growth since 1993. The bottom 20 percent saw the largest income growth at 16.3 percent.

* Lowest poverty rate in 20 years
Since Congress passed President Clinton's Economic Plan in 1993, the poverty rate declined from 15.1 percent to 11.8 percent last year — the largest six-year drop in poverty in nearly 30 years. There are now 7 million fewer people in poverty than in 1993. The child poverty rate declined more than 25 percent, the poverty rates for single mothers, African Americans and the elderly have dropped to their lowest levels on record, and Hispanic poverty dropped to its lowest level since 1979.

* Lowest teen birth rate in 60 years
In his 1995 State of the Union Address, President Clinton challenged Americans to join together in a national campaign against teen pregnancy. The birth rate for teens aged 15-19 declined every year of the Clinton Presidency, from 60.7 per 1,000 teens in 1992 to a record low of 49.6 in 1999.

* Lowest infant mortality rate in American history
The Clinton Administration expanded efforts to provide mothers and newborn children with health care. Today, a record high 82 percent of all mothers receive prenatal care. The infant mortality rate has dropped from 8.5 deaths per 1,000 in 1992 to 7.2 deaths per 1,000 in 1998, the lowest rate ever recorded.

* Deactivated more than 1,700 nuclear warheads from the former Soviet Union
Efforts of the Clinton-Gore Administration led to the dismantling of more than 1,700 nuclear warheads, 300 launchers and 425 land and submarine based missiles from the former Soviet Union.

* Protected millions of acres of American land
President Clinton has protected more land in the lower 48 states than any other president. He has protected 5 new national parks, designated 11 new national monuments and expanded two others and proposed protections for 60 million acres of roadless areas in America's national forests.

* Paid off $360 billion of the national debt
Between 1998-2000, the national debt was reduced by $363 billion — the largest three-year debt pay-down in American history. We are now on track to pay off the entire debt by 2009.

* Converted the largest budget deficit in American history to the largest surplus
Thanks in large part to the 1993 Deficit Reduction Act, the 1997 Balanced Budget Act, and President Clinton's call to save the surplus for debt reduction, Social Security, and Medicare solvency, America has put its fiscal house in order. The deficit was $290 billion in 1993 and expected to grow to $455 billion by this year. Instead, we have a projected surplus of $237 billion.

* Lowest government spending in three decades
Under President Clinton federal government spending as a share of the economy has decreased from 22.2 percent in 1992 to a projected 18.5 percent in 2000, the lowest since 1966.

* Lowest federal income tax burden in 35 years
President Clinton enacted targeted tax cuts such as the Earned Income Tax Credit expansion, $500 child tax credit, and the HOPE Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits. Federal income taxes as a percentage of income for the typical American family have dropped to their lowest level in 35 years.

* More families own stock than ever before
The number of families owning stock in the United States increased by 40 percent since 1992.

* Most diverse cabinet in American history
The President has appointed more African Americans, women and Hispanics to the Cabinet than any other President in history. He appointed the first female Attorney General, the first female Secretary of State and the first Asian American cabinet secretary ever.
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 8:08 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

Clinton wasn't even a good president,

After all he did for your people?
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 8:09 pm | Edited by: bradx

Posted: Jan 13, 2008 5:40 am

"(face it,aside from NAFTA he was a damn good president)"

Don't forget the 1996 Telecommuniations Act. He couldn't get Universal Health Care passed,so he gave a blank check to Multi Death Corproations to further expand their control over who owns what you watch read and listen to that's not your record collection, thus paving the way for the FCC's most recent rulings on Media Ownership (which means Rupert Murdoch will be sniffing around on the Goner Board looking to buy in any second now).
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 6:00 pm

Yeah, I was arrested for burning a flag on the courthouse lawn in Shawano, WI (where Joseph McCarthy practiced law) alone at the age of fifteen the day the Telecommunications Act was passed. If that piece of legislature was not found unconstitutional by the supreme court everyone on this board who mentioned the word "abortion" whether for or against it would now be in prison.

Fuck a Clinton. I hope they end up shot!

The only true change comes through cultural engineering and violent resistance. You shape society through your art, or you blow shit up and kill the right people, otherwise, you are a part of the problem.
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 9:08 pm

obamas got a worse chance of getting shot, credible black leaders dont have such a good track record in this country, malcom x, martin luther king, fred hampton, etc.
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 11:04 pm

Also he's very shakey on abortion rights (verging on the born again).

Can you back this up?

cause wikipedia says this:

In his write-in response to a 1998 survey, Obama stated his abortion position as: "Abortions should be legally available in accordance with Roe v. Wade."[59]

While serving in the Illinois Senate, Obama had a 100 percent rating from the Illinois Planned Parenthood Council[60] due to his consistent voting in favor of legalized abortion, family planning services, and having female contraceptives covered by health insurance.[61] Since his election to the United States Senate Obama has maintained a 100 percent rating from Planned Parenthood (as of 2007) and NARAL (as of 2005).[62] While serving in the Illinois State Senate, Obama opposed the Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act, which requires medical care for aborted fetuses who survive. He argued that the legislation's wording defined the fetus as a child — a measure he said would "essentially bar abortions."[63]
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 11:45 pm

he is 100% in favor of killing babies, just because he's a christian doesnt affect his feelings that a mother should be able to murder her young.
Posted: Jan 13, 2008 11:46 pm

he even thinks a baby who lives through an abortion should be killed! that shit is hardcore.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Why does everybody want to be able to kill their babies? Use a fucking condom and if it breaks deal with it. Their are plenty of people looking to adopt babies. I don't know anyone who has had an abortion and isn't emotionally scarred by it. RU486 should be readily available for rape survivors, no questions asked. It makes a lot more sense than the additional trauma of having a baby vaccuumed out of you.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 2:55 pm

At least when the Clintons were in the white house they invited Jason D. Williams to play at some big parties there! Arkansas rules! I wonder if Huckabee likes that sort of music?
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 5:46 pm

I don't know anyone who has had an abortion and isn't emotionally scarred by it.

I know plenty. In fact, Russian women by the age of 45 have on average aprox. 6 abortions. You can chalk that up to the fact up until the early 90's at least condoms were nearly impossible to come by, and the fact that the church had little influence over society, so, guess what? No guilt!

An abortion is a medical procedure. There is no reason a woman should feel any more scarred emotionally than if they had a tumor from their body.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

It's because they didn't want to wait for lazy ass claims inspector 3.67(b)1, to get back from maternity leave, then vacation, and then personal leave to tell them that no you don't need a heart transplnat, just take some vitamins, you'll feel better.

And how, exactly, is this worse than the way things are now? You want to hear some horror stories, talk to people who have dealt with HMOs.

Go ask some Europeans with their national health plans,

I know plenty of Canadians, most of them middle-class folks, and they are perfectly happy with their health care and view our so-called "health care system" with a mixture of amusement, pity, and scorn.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 8:40 pm

An abortion is a medical procedure. There is no reason a woman should feel any more scarred emotionally than if they had a tumor from their body.

Except for the fact that they are babies and not tumors.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Except for the fact that they are babies and not tumors.

And fetus are not babies, so there ya go. They are however parasites and I doubt too many people feel emotionally scarred when they have tapeworms removed or get rid of fungal infections!
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 10:31 pm

Tape worms are not people. Fetuses are developing people. Rationalize all you want. Tapeworms will never grow up to be somebody's friend or family member. Tumors will never develop emotions. You were a fetus not a fungal infection. Well, I realize I am making assumptions based on the fact that you can type.
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 10:39 pm

You can chalk that up to the fact up until the early 90's at least condoms were nearly impossible to come by

That's my problem with condoms too, nearly impossible to come.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 12:51 am

most pro choice folks will equate a baby with a hangnail until it claws its way out the birth canal. some, like obama support late term abortions where the baby is first delivered, alive, and then killed subsequently. does a woman have a right to a dead baby even if it is born alive and no longer a part of her?

24 days after conception its heart is beating. brain waves can be detected 40 days after conception. around six weeks after conception the fetus has a functioning brain. at this point it is clearly human life and should be regarded as such.

is it a human heart that is beating? is it a non human heart?

womans right to do what she wants with her body is bullshit. a woman cant get drunk and go drive a car and kill someone.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 12:55 am

People who abort their babies should be executed. After all, they're murderers.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 12:57 am

there is no logical reason for a death penalty. none.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 2:11 am

I don't understand how so many pro-abortion people are against the death penalty. Kill babies but not killers? People are fucked up in their rationalizations of the irrational: abortion, death penalty, preemtive war.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 2:25 am

senator, actually the correct term is "killers". murder only applies if the killing is illegal, which it is currently not.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 3:19 am

there is no logical reason for a death penalty. none.
JOhn Wayne Gacy
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 3:21 am

Finnark, if you think that national health care is a good idea, please become a Canadian, because all teh ebntitlesdd cry baby Americans are going to chew this fucking system up until there are more rules and regulations, and it is an absolute clusterfuck and to get any kind of real care you will have to get private health insurance. You will arrive right back where you started. Plus, socialism doesn't encourage anything except apathy, really.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 3:26 am

oh, so gacy getting the death penalty brought the people back to life that he killed? hmm didnt think so.

obviously the fact that he did kill regardless of the death penalty being in place makes it clear that deterrence wasnt a factor.

and finally, it costed more to execute him then it wouldve to keep him in prison for life. executing him was really the easy way out, doing him a favor actually. they shoulda tossed his clown ass in with general pop and let the cons deal with him like they did with dahmer. thats death penalty, wisconsin style.

death penalty is vengeance, plain and simple.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 3:28 am

For some incredible reason, he was paired up with two highly dangerous men on a work detail: Jesse Anderson, a white man who had murdered his wife and blamed it on a black man, and Christopher Scarver, a black delusional schizophrenic who thought he was the son of God, who was in for first-degree murder. It's not difficult to imagine how Scarver viewed Jeff Dahmer, who had butchered so many black men, and Anderson. It was a disastrous combination.

On the morning of November 28, 1994, the guard left these three men alone to do their work. Twenty minutes later, the guards came back to find Dahmer's head crushed and Anderson's fatally injured body nearby. A bloody broom handle seemed to represent Scarver's statement on the subject. Jeffrey Dahmer was pronounced dead at 9:11 A.M.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 8:05 pm

please become a Canadian

Canadians are some of my favorite people, but I'd rather stay and fight for change here.

it is an absolute clusterfuck

Like it isn't now?

From an article in Health Affairs

In the United States, sparked by Institute of Medicine (IOM) reports focusing attention on gaps in the quality of medical care, interest in improving quality has expanded rapidly among policymakers, corporations, clinicians, the media, and the public.1 Despite this concern about the quality of care, U.S. policymakers and clinicians often recite the mantra, "Americans have the best medical care in the world."2 The empirical basis for this statement is unclear. The limited empirical international data on quality that existâ€"life expectancy and infant mortality statisticsâ€"place the United States in the bottom quartile of industrialized countries, although most observers do not attribute this poor performance primarily to the performance of the medical care system.3

From the summary:

While the United States often performs relatively well for this set of indicators, it is difficult to conclude that it is getting good value for its medical care dollar from these data. The huge difference in the amount the United States spends on health care compared with the other countries could very well be justified if the extra money provided extra benefits. Population surveys have shown that the extra spending is probably not buying better experiences with the health care system, with the exception of shorter waits for nonurgent surgery.30 Earlier studies have shown the United States to be in the bottom quartile of population health indicators such as life expectancy and infant mortality.31 Our results also fail to reveal what the extra spending has bought, although there are many important places to look.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Romney?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 12:07 am

infant mortality stats are useless. in most countries if the baby dies right away they dont count it as ever having been alive. in america they spend alot more time and effort trying to save every life they can.

the reason america spends so much on healthcare is because of research and development. whens the last time a cuban firm invented a new drug?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 12:23 am

Are new drugs the answer? We really need another personality supressant on the market?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 12:31 am

Infant mortality stats may mean less when comparing poorer countries with those much more affluent, but this particular study compared these five industrialized countries:

Australia, Canada, New Zealand, England, and the United States

Sorry I left out that detail. Here's the article:

http://content.healthaffairs.org/cgi/content/full/23/3/89

the reason america spends so much on healthcare is because of research and development

Then why do we get such poor results?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 12:41 am

if its so bad why does the WHO say we rank #1 in patient satisfaction?

dont even get me started on this shit because i can go on for days...
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 1:01 am

Despite having the most costly health system in the world, the United States consistently underperforms on most dimensions of performance, relative to other countries. This reportâ€"an update to two earlier editionsâ€"includes data from surveys of patients, as well as information from primary care physicians about their medical practices and views of their countries' health systems. Compared with five other nationsâ€"Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, the United Kingdomâ€"the U.S. health care system ranks last or next-to-last on five dimensions of a high performance health system: quality, access, efficiency, equity, and healthy lives. The U.S. is the only country in the study without universal health insurance coverage, partly accounting for its poor performance on access, equity, and health outcomes. The inclusion of physician survey data also shows the U.S. lagging in adoption of information technology and use of nurses to improve care coordination for the chronically ill.

Executive Summary

The U.S. health system is the most expensive in the world, but comparative analyses consistently show the United States underperforms relative to other countries on most dimensions of performance. This report, which includes information from primary care physicians about their medical practices and views of their countries' health systems, confirms the patient survey findings discussed in previous editions of Mirror, Mirror. It also includes information on health care outcomes that were featured in the U.S. health system scorecard issued by the Commonwealth Fund Commission on a High Performance Health System.

Among the six nations studiedâ€"Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United Statesâ€"the U.S. ranks last, as it did in the 2006 and 2004 editions of Mirror, Mirror. Most troubling, the U.S. fails to achieve better health outcomes than the other countries, and as shown in the earlier editions, the U.S. is last on dimensions of access, patient safety, efficiency, and equity. The 2007 edition includes data from the six countries and incorporates patients' and physicians' survey results on care experiences and ratings on various dimensions of care.

The most notable way the U.S. differs from other countries is the absence of universal health insurance coverage. Other nations ensure the accessibility of care through universal health insurance systems and through better ties between patients and the physician practices that serve as their long-term "medical home." It is not surprising, therefore, that the U.S. substantially underperforms other countries on measures of access to care and equity in health care between populations with above-average and below average incomes.

With the inclusion of physician survey data in the analysis, it is also apparent that the U.S. is lagging in adoption of information technology and national policies that promote quality improvement. The U.S. can learn from what physicians and patients have to say about practices that can lead to better management of chronic conditions and better coordination of care. Information systems in countries like Germany, New Zealand, and the U.K. enhance the ability of physicians to monitor chronic conditions and medication use. These countries also routinely employ non-physician clinicians such as nurses to assist with managing patients with chronic diseases.

The area where the U.S. health care system performs best is preventive care, an area that has been monitored closely for over a decade by managed care plans. Nonetheless, the U.S. scores particularly poorly on its ability to promote healthy lives, and on the provision of care that is safe and coordinated, as well as accessible, efficient, and equitable.

For all countries, responses indicate room for improvement. Yet, the other five countries spend considerably less on health care per person and as a percent of gross domestic product than does the United States. These findings indicate that, from the perspectives of both physicians and patients, the U.S. health care system could do much better in achieving better value for the nation's substantial investment in health.

Source:
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/publications_show.htm?doc _id=482678
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 1:33 am

canada?
Canada's Fraser Institute, in its' report Waiting Your Turn, estimates that over 770,000 Canadians are currently on waiting lists.

There are more MRI scanners in the city of New York than in the entire country of Canada.

The quality of a health care system has very little to do with the average life expectancy of an entire population - however, it has a lot to do with the the health outcomes of those who are already sick - and on that score, the U.S. does better than Canada. 25% of those diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S. die from it - while the mortality ratio in Canada is 28%. Similarly, the U.S. prostate cancer mortality ratio is 19% while 25% of those diagnosed with prostate cancer in Canada die from it.

"A 52-year-old woman ... recalls being in severe need of joint-replacement surgery after the cartilage in her knee wore out. She was put on a wait list and wound up waiting 16 months for the surgery. Her pain was so excruciating, she says, that she was prescribed large doses of Oxycontin, and soon became addicted. After finally getting her operation, she was put on another wait list — this time for drug rehab.

A man tells about his mother waiting two years for life-saving cancer surgery — and then twice having her surgical appointments canceled. She was still waiting when she died.

A man in critical need of neck surgery plays a voicemail message from a doctor he'd contacted: "As of today," she says, "it's a two-year wait-list to see me for an initial consultation." Later, when the man and his wife both needed hip-replacement surgery and grew exasperated after spending two years on a waiting list, they finally mortgaged their home and flew to Belgium to have the operations done there, with no more waiting."

Dr. Brian Day, now the president of the Canadian Medical Association: "This is a country in which dogs can get a hip replacement in under a week and in which humans can wait two to three years."

trained in emergency rooms that were chronically, chaotically, dangerously overcrowded, not only in my hometown of Winnipeg, but all across Canada. I met a middle-aged man with sleep problems who was booked for an appointment with a specialist three years later; a man with pain following a simple hernia repair who was referred to a pain clinic with a two-year wait list; a woman with breast cancer who was asked to wait four more months before starting the lifesaving radiation therapy. According to the government's own statistics, some 1.2 million Canadians couldn't get a family doctor. In some rural areas, town councils resorted to lotteries: the winners would get appointments with the only general practitioners around."

Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin: "Access to a waiting list is not access to health care."

Hospital Waiting Lists in Canada (13th edition, October 2003), a Canadian health care patient, on average, must wait 17.7 weeks for hospital treatment. Those who live in Saskatchewan waited an average of 30 weeks, those in Ontario a relatively expeditious 14 weeks.

A man tells about his mother waiting two years for life-saving cancer surgery — and then twice having her surgical appointments canceled. She was still waiting when she died.

A man in critical need of neck surgery plays a voicemail message from a doctor he'd contacted: "As of today," she says, "it's a two-year wait-list to see me for an initial consultation." Later, when the man and his wife both needed hip-replacement surgery and grew exasperated after spending two years on a waiting list, they finally mortgaged their home and flew to Belgium to have the operations done there, with no more waiting.

britain?
Helen Evans, the director of Nurses for Reform: approximately 1 million are currently on waiting lists for medical care — and another 200,000 are waiting to get on waiting lists. About 100,000 operations are cancelled each year because of shortages.

Healthcare Commission poll of 128,000 NHS workers: two thirds "would not be happy" to be patients in their own hospitals.

LONDON: India has emerged the most popular destination for British patients wanting to undergo surgery for ailments that would otherwise take months to treat in the National Health Service (NHS).

In the first major survey of medical tourism, figures show that British citizens have travelled to 112 hospitals in 48 countries for safe, quick and affordable treatment. NHS hospitals in Britain face long waiting lists and hygiene challenged by superbugs."

That model has produced such results as the five-year survival for breast cancer caught early in England being just 78%, compared to 98% in the U.S.

London's Observer (3/3/02) carried a story saying that an "unpublished report shows some patients are now having to wait more than eight months for treatment, during which time many of their cancers become incurable." Another story said, "According to a World Health Organisation report to be published later this year, around 10,000 British people die unnecessarily from cancer each year -- three times as many as are killed on our roads."

The Observer (12/16/01) also reported, "A recent academic study showed National Health Service delays in bowel cancer treatment were so great that, in one in five cases, cancer which was curable at the time of diagnosis had become incurable by the time of treatment."

heres another nice british story:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/12/29/naid12 9.xml

The U.S. actually rates #2 in wait times for non-emergency treatment. #1 in patient satisfaction. 85% of hospital beds in the U.S. are in nonprofit hospitals, and almost half of us with private plans get our insurance from nonprofit providers.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 4:22 am

the reason america spends so much on healthcare is because of research and development

I'm having a surgery to get my hearing fixed. America rules!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 4:26 am

I'm having a surgery to get my hearing fixed. America rules!

I am having a sugary donut my dear penis. A mess of a news!

Hello? Hello?
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 4:31 am

Wakka wakka.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®