Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Northern California...?
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 10:47 pm

Little damp, cold and windy, eh? You kids OK?
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 2:26 am

they don't have power so they can't read this..
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 2:40 am

but the central coast is damp cold & windy. we ALL got battered yesterday.
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 3:55 am

Crazy, TK...yep, some serious weather nonsense goin' on over there. I remember moving to Santa Cruz during the El Nino floods and fucking rattlesnakes washed down the San Lorenzo river, and got all over the beaches. You couldn't go down there for weeks (months for me!)...there were warning signs posted and everything. Stay safe homies!
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 4:07 am

1.2 million without power last night and all I could find was fucking Britney re-hash on the news networks...we are a country that sure know how to prioritize...
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 4:16 am

1.2 million without power last night and

amtrak had NO IDEA if the pacific surfliner was affected save for the couple trains in the bay area that got cancelled! ("you got bad weather on the coast?" DUH!)

they were probably all watching the britney re-hash!
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 5:22 am

i'm in florida--where its been unseasonably COLD...
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 9:34 am

What about us in LA? We're damp and cold too. Doesn't anyone worry about us?
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 9:36 am

fuck no, nigger.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 2:41 am

i'm sitting in burbank airport. flights going up to the bay area are being cancelled all over the place

LA was not so bad around noon but then around 3, the temperature dropped. now its raining
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 6:03 pm

Friday it rained...for reals...not L.A. Mist, but rain...it's only 50 degrees today...I suspect half the city's population will be dead by lunchtime.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 6:26 pm

Thunderstorms and high 40s in northern Wisconsin today. I also saw dogs fucking cats and a plague of locusts.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 6:29 pm

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 6:36 pm

10 feet of snow at some of the ski resorts at Tahoe. Reno got hammered by the storm, too. Nothing my Toyota Corolla couldn't handle, though.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 7:17 pm

I saw a kid in short sleeves and shorts walking to school today.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 10:27 pm

We took a "fallen trees limbs tour" yesterday and were distinctly underwhelmed. In fact it was kind of hard to separate the loose limbs from the discarded Xmas trees.

I guess the storm had something to do with Mike Ness cancelling his band's sold-out shows, or it could be that he's just a giant weenie.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 10:42 pm

I guess the storm had something to do with Mike Ness cancelling his band's sold-out shows, or it could be that he's just a giant weenie.

he melts in water
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 10:43 pm

Apparently, there were lots of fallen fences and downed trees in my old neighborhood on the CA coast. One of the giant Monterey pine trees I always feared would come crashing through the living room window at my old house finally came down - it didn't destroy anything, though, just kicked up a lot of dirt and tree roots.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 11:20 pm

it was 65 for a high in chicago.
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 11:26 pm

Denver was sunny and warm for the last 3 days...in the 50's...and this morning 45...it just started dumping snow like a MOFO...thanks a lot California!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®