Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / flying into nyc?
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm

what's your preference - jfk, laguardia, or newark?

i'm flying in the first saturday of january & will be staying on the upper east side. because the browns might be playing that day in the playoffs (that sounds weird to say...), i can't risk missing the game.

when i used to live there, i usually went from/to laguardia but that place is almost always a nightmare. plus i have to figure the weather will be bad.

i did newark once & that's not so bad unless you have a bunch of luggage. i've never done jfk. islip is a no go.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 5:24 pm

JFK all the way.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 5:35 pm

jfk for upper east side destination

go browns!!!!
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 5:44 pm | Edited by: gore

ever since that plane went off the runway and into the water at LaGuardia I only do JFK
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 5:47 pm

ever since that plane went of the runway and into the water at LaGuardia I only do JFK

that was bound for cleveland.
i was at downstairs JB's and saw the news and turned to my friend Kay and said isn't XXXX coming in tonight from there?
well. she freaked out watchingthe waters get dragged. as it was, i only lost two thirds of my dissertation committee (MLA conference), a doctor pal, my best friend's sister. and of course dear sweet XXXX.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 5:57 pm

I always fly JetBlue into JFK. Never any problems with JFK itself, but if you don't have anyone picking you up, it's a $45 cab ride to Manhattan or a painfully long train ride. That part really sucks.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 6:50 pm

JFK
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 6:55 pm

I like Laguardia better than JFK cause it's closer to everything.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 8:14 pm

I like JFK better for the public transportation. It's easy to get the subway there. From Laguardia, you have to take a bus to the subway.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Taxi to williamsburg from LGA= $17 clams. Takes 15 minutes. Totally worth it...
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 9:29 pm

LGA, for sure. Cabs are great to Queens, Brooklyn or Manhattan from there. And there's also $10 buses from LGA that drop you off in Midtown.

If yr coming into JFK and bound for Manhattan, I suggest taking the AirTrain to Jamaica, pick up the LIRR and you're at Penn Station in about 20 minutes. Costs something like $15, but totally worth it.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 10:26 pm

flying into nyc?

aw hell fuckin' naw.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®