Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Skank Police, Laurel, Jessiebelle and all others concerned
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 5:12 pm

OK, time to talk MOISTURIZERS--winter brings us to the problem of the still-oily T zone and super dry cheeks.

I have been using various YonKa Moisturizers for the last year and the occaissional Decleor application, but I am running low on both.

Looking for a great daily moisturizer with SPF...recs?
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 6:53 pm

being on the bike in the winter turns my face into snot covered rice paper in a hail storm. i use cetaphil.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 8:50 pm

Cetaphil rules. I mix that with this Johnson clean and clear shit I bought in Marrakech.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 8:52 pm

Arman uses KY. But not for his face.
Posted: Dec 8, 2007 9:41 pm

My seminal fluid has always been a favorite Breast Beautifying cream, but I'd be willing to try it out on your face.
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 8:47 pm

i always switch up my moisturizer and i've been using Erno Laszlo with spf (got it for free) but i too need something thats a little more moisture-y. i also use ddf stuff.
i went to town the last time before the ddf and bought la prarie which was super moisturizing and old lady fancy but i dunno. too many chemicals for price coulda just bought the creme de la mer or whatever.

i like cetaphil too but doesn't work amazing for my face.
unforunately i'm also a sucker for products. and will spend when it comes to the skin even though i'm cheap when it comes down to everything else.
md skincare can be good too. but its also one of those fancy ones.
i more like there facial peel stuff but its really pricey.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 12:23 am

I liked the DDF I tried out as a sample, but I think I am going for the Skinceuticals cos then I will be doing the full "system".
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 12:27 am

My next letter to Penthouse forums will be all about facials.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 1:47 am

i dunno skinceuticals...
i hate the dry patches in the winter.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 2:03 am

Dry skin is a nasty struggle every winter in this house. Cetaphil and one of the Aveeno's (don't remember which one...It's not in front of me) is the trick 'round here
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 3:27 am

hey saispas. i like the peter thomas roth max moisture with the 30 spf.
i always wear the laura mercier tinted moisturizer during the day.....nighttime i use Remede products, (which i adore and recomment $$$ but great) skinceuticals is the greatest....their serums are worth every penny!!! i have a million reccomendations...
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 3:30 am

for feet, horse saddle oil

miracle
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 3:54 am

remede is good? really? i've always been curious about that one...so, whats up with the skinceuticals? what else do you recommend?
love laura mercier tinted moisturizer, also the YSL concealer gold pen stick thing is amazing, i also like the terry stick thing...
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 3:04 pm

i always wear the laura mercier tinted moisturizer during the day.

YES! Just put mine on for the day--stuff is GREAT. I will do some more research to see what to do; eBay has plenty of people selling Skinceuticals and Philip Thomas Roth at a deep discount.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 3:39 pm

Neutrogena Skin Therapy(?) works great but you end up smelling like grandma.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 4:40 pm

Laurel, I used remede but wasn't too impressed with what it did for my skin. it could've been me, because at 38, I have really oily patches combined with super-dry spots. then a year ago, I went to a super high-end spa (free visit to write a story about the experience), and I ended up splurging my paycheck on the eminence products they used on me. now I am an eminence junkie! the stuff is hungarian, all-natural, and organic. however, they only go up to spf 16, so I use a philosophy moisturizer with higher spf during the day, or a tinted spf moisturizer from stila when I really care what I look like. for hands and feet in the winter -- none of the cheapo products I've bought at the drug store, tj maxx, or wherever, come close to the moisturizing powers of l'occitane.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 5:57 pm

andria, i want to read that story. i work at a high end spa, so i always wonder what its like from a customers perspective. "i'm a customer" cue replacements song.
yes, my cohorts and friends love eminence but i have never used it!!
hands and feet i usually stick with neutrogena--but l'occitane is Great..shea butter works wonders, its the best.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 6:11 pm

Laurel -- just pulled it up. it's just a fluffy travel piece about Greenwood, MS. if you can afford it, you've got to check it out -- I haven't been to too many spas, but this place was nirvana...

WHOEVER coined the line about finding paradise in your own backyard must've known about Greenwood, Mississippi, located just 135 miles south of Memphis. Formerly a sleepy hamlet that served as town for dozens of outlying plantations, over the last five years, Greenwood has transformed itself into a high-end tourist destination. The catalyst? Fred Carl's Viking Range Corporation, which, in this part of Mississippi at least, has superseded cotton as king.

The manufacturer of must-have kitchen accoutrements for the affluent (ranges start at $3500), Viking has become an unexpected savior for Greenwood, on the decline since the bottom fell out of the cotton market shortly after WWII. First, Carl built the Viking factory, employing nearly 500 workers who send 300 stoves down the assembly line every week. Next, he erected the Alluvian Hotel, utilized by visiting Viking dealers and savvy tourists alike. Last year, the Alluvian Spa and the Mockingbird Bakery opened, and with stories in the New York Times, Conde Nast Traveler, and Gourmet, the secret got out: Greenwood is a getaway that's not to be missed.

Come for the weekend, and you could easily spend all your time on the block of Howard Street between Washington and Church, reveling in all the good-for-the-body and good-for-the-soul delights that Viking has to offer. Check into a room at the Alluvian, billed as a "cosmopolitan boutique hotel" that's housed in a circa-1917 downtown building. A hybrid of big-city feel and opulent Southern charm, it boasts flat screen TVs, granite countertops, and giant featherbeds in its rooms, while guests can enjoy iced tea and fresh fruit in the lobby, served on couches beneath William Dunlap's gargantuan painting, Landscape Askew – Delta Dog Trot, one of the hundreds of examples of Mississippi art on the premises.

Make dinner reservations for Giardina's, the hotel's steak and seafood restaurant, which was originally established in 1936. (The clever cloth partitions, a necessity for liquor-serving Delta restaurants during Prohibition, make for an especially romantic meal.) Then head across the street to the Alluvian Spa, where you'll exchange your street garb for sandals and robes before journeying to the Tranquility Room for restorative facials and rubdowns from the likes of esthetician Angie Richardson. Call ahead to schedule the couple's suite, where you can order custom dual massages and sweet tea soaks in the river bath. Or go solo with detoxifying body masques, an exfoliating Deep South cleanse, and a Sweet Magnolia collagen hydration treatment at this breathtakingly beautiful facility, certainly the best spa south of the Mason-Dixon line.

You'll gently float back down to earth via the stairs that take guests from the Alluvian Spa to the Mockingbird Bakery, owned by Martha Foose and her husband Donald Bender, who commute from nearby Tchula daily. Grab a fresh-baked croissant or a peanut butter cheesecake bar to hold you over, then amble through the antique stores and boutiques which line Howard Street while you wait for the daily lunchtime demonstration at the Viking Cooking School, where you'll get to gnosh as you learn new recipes.

At Lunch and Learn, a mix of planter's wives, local businessmen, and out-of-town visitors gather their galvanized stools around a gleaming granite-and-stainless steel island to watch and listen as Foose and other local chefs share their kitchen know-how while serving up lunch. Expect a light, yet utterly indulgent three-course meal – green salad and a big bowl of creamy soup, followed by chocolate ambrosia pie is a favorite in the winter months.

Dinner at Giardina's presents a much more difficult proposition: Faced with endless choices of oysters, pasta, fish, steak and veal, it's nearly impossible to decide on a single entrée. Start with a cup of seafood gumbo or a half-dozen oysters Bienville, then go for the whole broiled pompano, which arrives with its tail nearly hanging off the plate. Cajole your partner into ordering the $30 porterhouse and a plate of tamales, a Mississippi Delta staple, and share.

Back at the hotel, a granite-topped Jacuzzi bath is waiting. Be sure to peruse the offered reading materials, again all Mississippi-centric – copies of magazines like the Oxford American share coffee table space along with Eudora Welty novels and oversized photography books by Maude Schuyler Clay (you've likely spotted her work hanging throughout the hotel and spa) and William Eggleston. Crawl into bed for a midnight snack from the minibar and a pass at Faulkner's short story "A Justice," which tells of Ikkemotubbe, an Indian chief who used cypress rollers to move a beached steamboat across twelve miles of land. When you close your eyes, you'll dream of Leflore County plantations like Equen and Four Fifths, as well as the Indian mounds which rise like mysterious landmarks alongside the highway.

Want to escape the luxury of Howard Street for a few hours? Venture out for a tour of the Viking factory, located on the edge of town, or drop into the Crystal Grill for a slice of lemon meringue pie. Spooney's, a down home BBQ joint, has chicken wings and pork ribs on the menu daily. This is blues country: load your car's CD player with plenty of Robert Johnson, B.B. King, and Elmore James, then head to nearby Tutwiler, where, as legend has it, W.C. Handy first heard the blues, or to the Club Ebony juke joint, located 30 miles west in Indianola, Mississippi.

IF YOU GO:
The Alluvian Hotel, 318 Howard Street, 866-600-5201 or www.thealluvian.com. Rates $175-295.
The Alluvian Spa, 325D Howard Street, 866-728-6700.
Mockingbird Bakery, 325B Howard Street, 662-453-9927
Viking Cooking School, 325C Howard Street, 662-451-6750
Giardina's, 314 Howard Street, 662-455-4227
Only caveat: The cosmopolitan Alluvian Hotel is located in a rural area, so cell phone service is limited. We think this is a good thing.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 6:31 pm

I got turned on to Shiseido stuff by an aesthetician. So far it has been the best stuff I have tried. Their pureness line has done wonders for me, when I can afford it. I haven't ventured to anything else since that stuff works so well.

This is an amazing moisturizer - it's really thick put goes on feeling weightless. I had a great makeup counter lady at goldsmith's in Memphis that gave me a sample and I LOVE it. It has a light scent that smells like ladies who lunch!
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 7:13 pm

since the bastards at the atlanta airport took my moisturizer on my way to goner fest i've been using extra-virgin cold pressed olive oil and it rules
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 7:28 pm

Do you guys REALLY spill $70-$90 on mosturizer?? I mean, yeah, if I could, I would if I had tons of money and it was worth it (which I\'m sure it is).... But I find it hard to even consider personally...
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 8:06 pm

I did, on eminence, but I've had the jar since last Nov and still have a good month's worth of product inside. also, Bowie, I think you're a good deal younger than me -- I'm staring at 40, and getting scared!
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Do you guys REALLY spill $70-$90 on mosturizer??

nope - I have had that sample for quite a while. Go to the same person to buy your stuff from and they will offer you little treats like that from time to time to keep your business. My wonderful make-up lady gave me tons of stuff to try and kept buying from her. Befriending those folks can sure come in handy!

I usually ask for stuff like that for birthday or Christmas gifts, or I sock away gift cards and combine them for stuff.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 10:16 pm

I just started using Neutrogena anti-oxidant age-reverse.

It's pretty rad
and kinda cheap
http://www.neutrogena.com/antioxidant/
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 10:27 pm

Had some eminence samples and they were awesome...hmmm. I still think I am gonna try the Skinceuticals daily moisturizer for normal-oily skin as the gels I have can make up for any overdrying that may (doubtfully) occur and I am loving the Phyto+ and Retinol I am using of theirs.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 10:28 pm

Bowie, I think you're a good deal younger than me

Well, I'm on my way to 33... but I guess this stuff comes in more and more handy the more the years add on... I never used to use moisturizer at all! (I can't believe it now). But I recently bought Oil of Olay spf 15 daily complete moisturizer at Target for 5 bucks, and it works fine, but my biggest problem with moisturizer is the occasional resulting zit. Does this happen to you?? Is it cause I use the cheap stuff? I usually only put in under my eyes and on/around my lips cause if I put it on my cheeks I sometimes will get a zit as a result. Lame!
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 1:57 am

its one of the few things i spend a shitload of money on and after i did it the first time i can't look back...
neutrogena gives me a rash. and oil of olay makes me weird too...your skin is sooooo sensitive and i know everyones different so if it makes ya break out, i wouldn't use it no more...
you want one for all over good time protection...
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 1:59 am

you want one for all over good time protection...

Now it sounds like you're talking about Nonoxynol-9.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 4:46 am

its one of the few things i spend a shitload of money on and after i did it the first time i can't look back...

Ditto.

And as far as the over-moisturizing zits, you can get the Neutrogena drying gel and zap those overnight. I use the Philip Thomas Roth stuff, but the Neutrogena works good enough.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 4:48 am

Neutrogena

I usually just buy Neutrogena everything... face soap, moisturizer, etc. But $ was a little tight so I went for the deal. Usually a bad idea.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 7:08 am

hmmm...i wish neutrogena didn't freak my skin out. if you got money to blow there's this n.v. perricone zit zapper stuff that is amazing and last for fucking ever and totally will rid you of any zit action...
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 8:21 am | Edited by: dale

No need for SPF from Oct to April here. There is NO sun. Only grey. Lots of wind though. I've past 40 and still get carded from time to time. I have old people skin on my arms and legs though.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 8:23 am

There is NO sun. Only grey.

Sun goes through the clouds, y'know! S'posed to be careful ALL the time!
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 8:24 am

Not in Michigan they don't.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 8:28 am

Is Neutrogina that stuff with the Nowegian flag on it? That stuff is a standard around here too.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 4:32 pm | Edited by: saispas

this n.v. perricone zit zapper stuff

This is what I use. I have had the same bottle for a year and it barely shows any use. KILLER.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 4:43 pm

i haven't used moisturizer at all. i really don't get dry skin on my face ever, but i'm one of those jerks who constantly is touching their face and has oil overproduction out the wazoo. i'm afraid a moisturizer would wreck my face. i barely wear any makeup either and when i do, it's usually only powder and eye stuff.

once in a blue moon, like maybe once every two months, i'll use one of those cucumber gel masks. i just wash my face with water and a lil soap. sometimes i'll use some astringent shit, but that's only like maybe once every 3 or 4 months when i happen to think about it.

i keep thinking i need to incorporate some sort of regimen for my face now that i'm going to be 30. i see some real slight lines in my face that i'm not fond of so i'm gettin' kinda worried i need to do something.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 5:01 pm

turning 30 means using eye cream, not that it helps...
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 5:32 pm

i need to know the specifics on the perricone zit zapper that ya'll are talking about ---is it the concealer or the other one..?????
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 5:46 pm

Jessiebelle knows this; I use the Phillip Thomas Roth version.

I don't use eye cream, but I do use YonKa serum which kicks ass and you only need a teeny bit. I only use that once a week.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 6:06 pm

i may be able to remember to use something if it's only once a week. i'm terrible about trying to remember to use something every day. i usually forget. especially things like vitamins. i barely remember if i have class or work, so remembering shit like moisturizer is kind of probably not going to work. what's the story with the yonka stuff, irene?

also, there is some pretty expensive shit (anything over 25 for me that's beauty related is expensive) that takes the dark circles out from under your eyes. it's in a white and yellow box with black writing. i cannot remember the name, but i think it's like 99 dollars for the shit. any word on whether or not the crap works or if i should just resort to not drinking alcohol and caffeine and just getting sufficient sleep instead? (ha ha yeah right).
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 7:53 pm

clean and clear has an under eye stick that works pretty well for the cheap variety. I have one by shiseido that works on puffiness and circles under the eye. it's very silky feeling.

i like the masks that target sells for about $.99 ea - they are in the shape of a foot (loosely)

Elle - splurge on the good stuff - you won't believe that you ever used drugstore stuff. You said that you wanted to cut back on the alcohol consumption - so take a night or two and use what your tab would have been to treat yourself! voila!
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 8:09 pm

The only cheap stuff I use is the Boots foaming facial cleanser from Target. I'd use Cetaphil but it is so cum-esque...though it is supposed to be better for you!
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 11:04 pm

cetaphil is rad but i just can't put it on my face either. that n.v. perricone md stuff is called:
Acne Treatment Gel Cream
it comes in a tube and its awesome. you don't use tons of it, its like fancy spot treatment and it lasts forever....
ELLE, you can get oily skin moisturizer. for sure. you just gotta check out the brands that ya might like. and i agree go for the gold and fuck the drugstore and get the good stuff.
i'm bad about the eye cream. i always forget but i should start using it...
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 11:44 pm

Do you guys REALLY spill $70-$90 on mosturizer??

Oh, easily, honey.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 12:00 am

the eye stuff i'm talking about is hylexin. it says it's for those super dark circles, but if anyone has seen me during the last two weeks of school, then yeah...but i've already cut back on the drinking. i only partake maybe one, two days a week at most. don't have time to otherwise these days.

i've got some sort of stuff that counteracts dark circles colorwise when i do wear makeup, and it's pretty rad. i just don't like having to put makeup on to get rid of them. would rather use something that gets rid of them altogether, not just covering them up.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 12:48 am

i know you said you don't like to cover em up but that YSL stuff in the gold pen completely covers anything and rules the planet.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 1:03 am

Vouch for the YSL pen as well as the Elizabeth Arden version of the same thing.

Anyone have a fantastic make up book with good instructions? I need it.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 2:11 am

Anyone have a fantastic make up book with good instructions? I need it.

The Joy of Primping
by miss linda.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 2:20 am

Now, Sam, you have an idea there...where is Towery Publishing when we need them?
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 10:21 am

extra-virgin cold pressed olive oil
me too
got a gal can of Greek cold press and fucked up the lid so pouring gets a little messy. a little dab of spill rubbed on my dry kneecaps and elbows
keep those assault weapons well lubed.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 10:39 am

cum-esque
Ladies..I know I'm a dude...but PLEASE put this word back into the Goner lexicon....it has so much descriptive potential.....esp. in band reviews....
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 5:23 pm

I have to get The Joy of Stalking published first.

I think I'm going indie.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 6:24 pm

anyone ever used Aveda products? I got a tinted moisturizer that I like but off and on I've had some skin issues. Anything out there that doesn't clog pores but actually moisturizes/gives coverage for REALLY sensitive skin? This stuff has all natural minerals in it and shit. But I haven't decided yet whether its doing the trick.

I got turned on to Shiseido stuff by an aesthetician. So far it has been the best stuff I have tried.

Hmmm, maybe I'll check that out, I have extremely sensitive skin though and used Shiseido many years ago and it freaked my skin out. Don't know what to try next. I'm willing to put down the dough for face products.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 7:34 pm

Try the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It evens things out more than "covers", which is more what you are looking for anyway. Foundation sucks, esp. for sensitive skin.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 8:52 pm

Try the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. It evens things out more than "covers", which is more what you are looking for anyway. Foundation sucks, esp. for sensitive skin.

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I've already tried this. And it didn't do my skin any favors- breakouts, oiliness, etc. I used to use Borghese but they no longer stock it at dept stores. Good foundation is harder to find than good jeans, geezus!
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Dang...maybe Laurel or Skank Police can help in this area, given that skin is their forte.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 10:42 pm

Franny - the stuff I use is the Pureness line - alcohol and oil free. It is different from the regular Shiseido line. Where do you live?
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 10:51 pm

l'occitane

My little brother has fucked up dry skin... during winter his hands crack and shit, and he works construction, and he SWEARS by the l'Occitane shea butter hand cream.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 12:40 am

hmmm... love the laura mercier tinted moisturizer and don't do the foundation anymore. i use the Terry stick sometimes and really like it but its not a full on liquid style.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 12:45 am

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 4:22 am

Dang...maybe Laurel or Skank Police can help in this area, given that skin is their forte.

Sorry! I been outta town...consider all my estheticians 2 cents and chime-ins all over this damn thing.

Skinceuticals mousturizers? Good. But I'm loving MyChelle Pro Essential Defense Cream. There stuff is made in Denver's arid climate, but even the richest moisturizers won't clog the pores or make you break out. I also like Knutek Whipped Oxegen Cream a LOT.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 5:06 am

anyone ever used Aveda products? I got a tinted moisturizer that I like but off and on I've had some skin issues. Anything out there that doesn't clog pores but actually moisturizes/gives coverage for REALLY sensitive skin? This stuff has all natural minerals in it and shit. But I haven't decided yet whether its doing the trick.

Aveda=no good. i really don't believe in tinted moisturizers...I too am ULTRA sensetive. This stuff is the shiz, you should find it at Whole Foods, but the "Pro" line that you can only get from estheticians is a goddamn dream:
http://mychelleusa.com/
...and I like this foundation:
http://www.bioelements.com/jsp/product.jsp?id=2684
level 2 works for most white gals...unless you are ghostly fair, then go with 1....very sheer
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 6:43 pm

Franny - the stuff I use is the Pureness line - alcohol and oil free. It is different from the regular Shiseido line. Where do you live?

Portland. I could probably get that Shiseido stuff at Nordstroms- I'll check it out. I used Borghese for years but they don't stock it anywhere around here. I might try ordering it online. Problem is the fairest color they have is darker than my freckled, pasty sun deprived skin. I appreciate the suggestions.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 6:42 pm

Somebody refresh my memory - haven't I seen a mention of using olive oil as a moisturizer on the GONER somewhere?
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 7:19 pm

I don't recall this here, but Korres puts olive oil in their moisturizers and Norma Kamali swears by drinking gallons of it and slathering it all over her skin.
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 9:48 pm

Olive oil - indeed! It's non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). What's awesome is to use it as a pre-cleanse, slather it on BEFORE you wash...great for oily skin, it actually bonds with the skins natural oil, dirt, toxins etc, and pulls more junk off than just cleansing...but moisturizes at the same time.

Hey! Where the hell is Jessiebellle?
Posted: Nov 5, 2008 11:32 pm

great for oily skin, it actually bonds with the skins natural oil, dirt, toxins etc, and pulls more junk off than just cleansing...but moisturizes at the same time.

hmmm. i may have to try that stuff out. sounds more like what i would need. i've tried out kiehl's too now and i don't hate it. i just don't really see much of a difference, but then again i haven't been using it for all that long.
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 12:17 am

WHORES!!! YOU'RE ALL LEATHERY WHORES!!!
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 3:41 am

I'm staring at 40, and getting scared
"comon comon to my house,
I'm gonna give you candy"
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 3:44 am

Runaway Train
Jolie's old man plays a tough pyscho/con
escapes a fortress prsion in the wintery
mountains of Alaska.
at one point him and Eric Roberts grease
their bods down with axel grease to save
"body heat", but that movie is set in south Florida..
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 11:49 am

hello people, i took a break from computer land...but if we're talking products why not chime in well i'm drinking my tea.
i'm using the MD skincare again. it was a trillion dollars. it works, but i'm sorta bored with it. and with the weather bein so dry its nice but god damn it i wish it would run out so i could try something else.
my friend puts olive oil in the hair. how do you use for the face?
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 1:03 pm | Edited by: Windy

I read this site which was linked from this blog

It was hard for me to actually wipe oil on my face, but it feels really nice. I'm determined to stick to it for at least a few weeks so that I can decide if I need to invest in another $90 jar of moisturizer.
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 1:30 pm

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 2:01 pm

i did the olive oil pre-cleanse last night!
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 2:01 pm

I'm determined to stick to it for at least a few weeks so that I can decide if I need to invest in another $90 jar of moisturizer.

yeah. let us know, Windy! I just read through those links and seems like it'd be worth trying!
Posted: Nov 6, 2008 9:53 pm

Definitely follow up, but sometimes it is just easier to buy some good moisturizer that you only need to put teeny amounts of on and be done.
Posted: Nov 7, 2008 1:25 pm

i'm totally frightened of the olive oil thing but please do tell...
i'm using the mini amounts of the fancy pants stuff and it does last forever...
Posted: Nov 7, 2008 1:31 pm

and you can always get it cheaper if you research places online or find a reputable eBay seller...reputable to you, maybe not the warehouse they work in.
Posted: Nov 7, 2008 5:12 pm

So far, so good after 2 days. My skin feels good and not overly greasy.
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 12:18 pm

mmm....it's dry and awful here.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 9:45 pm

What are your thoughts on primers? What are they? Spackle?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®