Maya Angelou
Buddy Diliberto
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 8:25 pm

oh, and a guy from The Monks!
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 8:36 pm

levar burton.

seriously!
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 8:42 pm

Steve Earle...hardly trumps a Jimmy Carter but....
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 8:57 pm

Talbot, I didn't know you had a secret past life as a flight attendant!
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 8:57 pm

not on the plane, but when i worked at the airport i saw:

ac/dc
bea arthur
bb king

a bunch more i cant remember
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 9:06 pm

when LAX and JFK are your main airports, as mine are, its hard NOT to see or fly with celebrities.

once i saw joan rivers getting out of her limo at JFK w/ that little tiny dog of hers sticking its head out of her tote bag. she looked EXACTLY like she does on TV... all made up and cosmetic-surgeried to the 9s...
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 9:08 pm

Margaret Mead. Seriously.
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 9:40 pm

James "J.Y." Young from Styx
Teenie Hodges
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 10:19 pm

Amelia Earheart
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 10:26 pm

Margaret Mead. Seriously.
That's the best person on this list. Was she with Gregory Bateson or are you lying?
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 10:54 pm

Kyle Singler, freshman phenom at Duke.
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 11:02 pm

grade z celebs: Jim Backus
Terry Bradshaw
Drew Barrymore but I didn't actually see her.
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 11:24 pm

lynyrd skynyrd

okay, it was actually .38 special (with donnie van zandt), but it was still kinda creepy.
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 11:24 pm

Sean Penn and Robin Wright-Penn, he wore a suit and she was in Jeans and snow boots...they musta met at the airport. He was, shockingly, ridiculously hot...and she looked old.

I saw Lorenzo Llamas at LAX with his skeezy wife and many young daughters. He was wearing one of those Crocodile Dundee trenchcoats with the massive round collar, and she wore pretty much nothing, all of it pink.
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 11:35 pm

He was, shockingly, ridiculously hot...and she looked old.

Probably from dealing with his shockingly, ridiculously hot self.

Remember that story that came out about him tying Madonna to a chair for days on end???
Posted: Dec 1, 2007 11:55 pm

lynyrd skynyrd

okay, it was actually .38 special (with donnie van zandt), but it was still kinda creepy.

At least you weren't on THAT plane....
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 12:12 am

Remember that story that came out about him tying Madonna to a chair for days on end???

I guess it would depend on the chair...I dunno, he was fine.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 12:16 am

I am not doubting you at all!

I just remember that little hushhush about some S&M fun that got WAY out of hand which led to their divorce; Madonna Schmadonna.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 12:21 am

Madonna Schmadonna

Total. She could crush a mans head between her thighs easily....
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 2:05 am

when i was a child i was with granny on upper east side bus and she said: that's christine jorgenson

it took a few years to register the significance

wow!
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 2:38 am

Spike Lee

NOLA--->NYC
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 4:11 am

my daddy was a Northwest pilot.
he flew Muhammad Ali once, and his idol, Mickey Mantle.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 5:18 am

the first famous person i ever saw was muhammad ali - at LAX

he was going up the escalator and my family and i were on the escalator next to his going the other direction. i was just a kid and my mom nudged me and said "that's cassius clay, he's the most famous man in the world"
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 7:37 am

Ritchie Valens
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 8:35 am

I've never flown anywhere, but when I was two, I ate lunch with Jane Fonda...No shit.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 3:48 pm

Gene Hackman
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 4:20 pm

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 4:25 pm

Gino Odjick

the Maniwaki Mauler!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 5:04 pm

after the first las vegas grind my wife and i were in the airport waiting for our flight to be called for san fran when she tapped me on the shoulder and asked, "hey, isn't that billy childish over there?" (thee mighty ceasars had played the fest)...

i was pretty psyched to see him and even had a copy of one of his books to have him sign...so as i was digging for my book and trying to figure what the hell i would say, this dark haired chick came over and sat next to him...for the next 20 minutes or so they proceeded to play tonsil hockey in front of everybody...

there was no way, i was going to make my move when he was making his...

the moment passed, he got up and got on his plane....

not 3 seconds later, good morning america weather dork, spenser christian sat right in front of us...
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 5:18 pm

Penn and Teller.

The big guy was silent and the little guy not only talked, but was a complete asshole to the stewardesses!

Side note, I've seen the big guy in his giant 4x4 driving down the street blasting DK at full volume. This is when I lived in Vegas and is apparently a somewhat common thing.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 5:59 pm

um is Billy Childish "famous" ......

I don't think so buddy
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 7:01 pm

Margaret Mead
You totally could have nailed her. Bateson would have been into it.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 7:13 pm

Margaret Mead

died in 1978.... would a then-teen aged riggler have had the moves to join the mile-high club with old lady mead?
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 7:15 pm | Edited by: levon

Ladies Night was on a plane with Perry Farell and his tranny looking girlfriend on our way to SXSW last year. He looked like he had AIDS.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 7:43 pm

tranny looking girlfriend

stripper. wife.

As a travel agent I booked flights for Boba Fett, R2D2 (yes, there was a little person in there), and David Prowse, the man in the Darth Vader suit. Prowse came into my office to pick up the tickets and sat right down at my desk for a chat. Darth fucking Vader in Santa Cruz!!!!
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 7:50 pm

DB Cooper.
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 8:20 pm

tranny looking girlfriend

dave navarro?
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 11:09 pm

al franken - they lost both our luggage so the two of us had to wait forever down at the luggage section in newark -- i kept wanting to say 'youre al franken and i'm not' but never worked up the courage to be so cliche
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 12:17 am

al franken -

Ha! i rode in an elevator with him at 1515 broadway when i worked at VH1 and he was doing something on comedy central - both companies are in the same building. he got in while i was in the middle of a discussion of politics with someone and i actually got the chance to say "rush limbaugh is a big fat idiot" completely and totally in context.... i guess it was my way of saying "i know you're there and i'm acknowledging you but not talking to you"

it was probably a dumb thing to do. but on the other hand, maybe his ego appreciated it?
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 1:25 am

Peebo Bryson
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 1:29 am

Peebo Bryson

Peebo is a fine name.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 1:46 am

hulk hogan. he had to hunch over in his seat cuz his head was hitting the ceiling.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 1:59 am

um is Billy Childish "famous" ......

I don't think so buddy

I dunno, I'd say he's sort of a pseudo-celebrity in the music and art worlds.

He's famous enough for Netflix to carry his documentary.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 6:44 am

michael voss. probably means nothing to you guys but one of the great australian rules footballers of our time. captained brisbane through three premierships, 2001-03. good bloke too.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 11:28 am

ok, so change billy childish to shakira and spenser christian to adam sandler...

does that work for you little guy?
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 1:52 pm

rick mahorn, a few years ago. it was several years after he retired from the nba & he looked like he weighed 350.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 2:34 pm

Not many, AJ Hawk on a Vegas-to-Green Bay this spring. Packers shouldn't count, I guess. I don't really know who famous people are and I tend not to pay attention to "things" in general when flying, so I probably missed some. I fuckin' wish Jim Backus was on my flight, I'd rather talk to the z-graders than Sean Penn.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 5:45 pm

Richard Simmons. I was just a kid and my dad and I were waiting curbside at LAX for my mom and he literally ran by and did the double handed wave at us. And yes, he was wearing short shorts. And an oversized sleeveless top with unnecessarily large armholes.
Oh, also, I saw Little Richard at the San Diego airport. I am one lucky girl.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 5:52 pm

I was going to Memphis from San Francisco and Jerry Rice and his family were on board. They sat in coach. I thought that was cool.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 5:57 pm

Ladies Night was on a plane with Perry Farell and his tranny looking girlfriend on our way to SXSW last year. He looked like he had AIDS.

LOL!! He did! i saw him hanging out outside the beerland for a long time talking to someone who was at a show there...
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 6:17 pm

Richard Simmons. I was just a kid

Years too early...I would have loved to see him bitchslap that dude in PHX.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 6:27 pm

Franny may have won. The cousin of a friend of mine lost like 100 lbs and "got to" go visit his house. She insisted he wasn't gay because he had so many "nude lady" paintings and sculptures. She also got to ride around in his (pink? powder blue?) convertable.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 6:48 pm

She insisted he wasn't gay

little richard isn't gay? wow
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 6:51 pm

Does Dave Rick count?
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 7:39 pm

Danny Bonaduce and the whole family at O'hare, his wife (or ex-wife)looked like a ghost with red hair. He is really short.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 8:57 pm

Saw James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins on JetBlue.

The entire nu-metal band Drowning Pool was on my flight from Phoenix to DFW. (Their masterwork, "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" was in heavy rotation in the early 2000's.) On the plane, I could tell they were probably a band because they looked ridiculous and carried guitar cases. One of them looked like that "pin cushion guy" from Hellraiser. I saw their big video about a month after that flight and found out who they were. Their singer died shortly thereafter.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 9:14 pm

who's that midget irish dude who was in swat and miami vice? he was on a filght i was on from lax to kona. turns out we were both staying at the four seasons and i heard he threw a fit at the pool when someone snapped his picture. me and my ex were walking around the grounds and passed his bungalow, he was laying on the deck reading a script getting a massage from the most beautiful woman i think i've ever actually seen in person.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 9:15 pm

also, that dude really is a midget. he's not just short, he's wee. i'd say he's lucky if he's 5' 6"
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 9:36 pm

eddy current suppression ring
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 10:00 pm

The Honkey Tonk Man: he's cool, he's cocky, he's bad (and really fucking tall)
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 10:32 pm

In the early/mid 80's my dad flew on a plane with the entire stable of WWF wrestlers. He said that the good guys and the bad guys were friends. I was devastated.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 10:34 pm

In the early/mid 80's my dad flew on a plane with the entire stable of WWF wrestlers. He said that the good guys and the bad guys were friends. I was devastated.

i worked on the baggage belt at US customs at toronto airport, and i met the british bulldogs...i had to take their dog down and put in on the plane
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 11:19 pm

grandpa al lewis from the munsters.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 11:51 pm

I've never seen anyone cool. My dad got on a plane with Weird Al though and I remember thinking that was really cool.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 1:46 am

He said that the good guys and the bad guys were friends. I was devastated.

i remember many years back when hacksaw jim duggan got busted doing coke in a car with the iron shiek while they were traveling between shows. i knew wrestling was fake but it was still sort of like when you figure out there is no santa claus.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 1:54 am

i knew wrestling was fake

WWF was a client at a law firm i worked at; i always knew wrestling was fake, but i had NO IDEA just how much money they raked in... and just how much money there is in very low-brow "entertainment."

i am still baffled...
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 2:12 am

wrestling's fake? In what way?
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 3:39 am

Yeah, maybe I was a flight attendant in a former life Theresa K. I used to feel right at home in those DC-3's I used to have to fly in as a kid. It was this airline in the mid-80's called PBA that flew these ancient DC-3's. I was too young to be scared. But, actually Ted Kennedy and Patricia Neal were on the same DC-3 from Martha's Vineyard to Laguardia that day. They weren't together. But, that's kind of a cool memory.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 3:40 am

The guy that did the keyboards on "Growing Pains".
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:12 am

wrestling's fake? In what way?

its not a real contest.

its scripted. it is "sports entertainment," a live-action gladiator comic book.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:14 am

its not a real contest.

its scripted. it is "sports entertainment," a live-action gladiator comic book.

so like...do they know who's gonna win before the fight? do they even really hit each other?
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:16 am

its not a real contest.

The fuck it's not!
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:16 am

a cool memory.

i remember on PSA airlines, you could pay for your flight on the plane, just like you can on amtrak when there isn't a quiktrak machine or clerks at the station... the flight from LAX to SFO was $17 in 1977. i went ALL THE TIME. i'm sure they were scary planes, but i was too young to be scared too.

alicia bridges ("i love the night life") was on one such flight. she was mighty decked out. i was flying to SF w/ clem burke and blondie had just recorded "heart of glass" but it wasn't released yet... oh, the harbinger of a "disco hit" sitting right before our very eyes...

the movie the parallax view had a scene where warren beatty boards one of those and pays on the plane, too.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:17 am

Sorry, I thought we were one-upping the "celeb on a plane" thing. Not wrestling.
Totally mis-read. My bad.
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:17 am

do they know who's gonna win before the fight?

um, that's what scripted means!

do they even really hit each other?

i think so. that's the entertainment part.

i never went. i just administered their contracts w/ the television networks...
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 4:45 am

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®