Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / WFMU...the best radio station on the planet...
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 4:04 am

home of the best record fair in the world, and cranking out the only really good punk, rock and roll and soul out there on regular airwaves, has got its first comic/obscurities/record lovers book out.

before there was Beware of the Blog, there was LCD!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Best-LCD-Art-Writing-WFMU/dp/1568987153/ref=pd_b bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195443339&sr=8-1

Edited by Dave the Spazz, page for page visually splendid! with Miriam Linna, Kaz, Spazz, The Hound, Drew Freidman, Peter Bagge, Daniel Johnston, Daniel Clowes, Tony Millionaire, Steve Keene, Gary Panter, Harvey Pekar, Nick Toshes, Jim Jarmusch, Chris Ware, and on and on and on... Everyone was involved with this station at one point or another. Lots of color pages and lots of information about really strange people!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:02 am

Yes! And, cool!!!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:03 am

rex is king!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:54 am

NO CONTEST.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 3:50 pm

yes, this book rules
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 4:45 pm

book doesn't look to be available via the wfmu site? weird.

LCD was amazing. the blog is a daily trip, too. WFMU must be cheating... they're too good!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:04 pm

get it at a discount on amazon.

I've been going through it, loving it. it's saturated in ink! Boggles the mind how many people contributed to that station over the years. a true labor of love, too.

you know, if I had thought to keep those LCDs when i started skulking the record fair in '94...
jackpenetrater
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 11:58 am

For sure Jenna...Still playin' Dave the Spazzes' broacast of the new Penetrator's 45 on Slovenly........The station ROCKS!!
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 12:20 pm

broacast of the new Penetrator\'s 45 on Slovenly
you guys never tour
are you livin\' on welfare cheese and pennies from heaven?
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 1:47 pm

The best along with KDVS. Cool "famous" u-ground cartoonist flyers for WFMU all around the studio.
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 8:05 pm

i might just get a copy of LCD. anything to help a guy who's giving his all for rock n roll and going from one crappy job to another. he also has incredible taste and knowledge about comedy and comedians. support Dave the Spazz. thanks Dave for putting this book out. now that FMU is on the web, i don't have to visit NJ anymore just to hear it when i get close to Jersey City or thereabouts. lol.
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 9:44 pm

haven't had time to listen to WFMU in a while but, the shit rules. I am listening to Terre T for T-Day!!!
jackpenetrater
Posted: Nov 23, 2007 12:30 pm

"tet" checkout the "Live" thread.You asked a legitimate question & I gave a legitimate answer.
Posted: Nov 24, 2007 2:35 am

Posted: Nov 24, 2007 3:47 pm

I love WFMU, when they are playing music........a lot of their DJs can be chatty Cathys, especially Terre....
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 2:57 pm

They are doing their annual fundraising drive this week. Donate something if you can afford to.

www.wfmu.org
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 3:01 pm

Terre Gave Gonerfest2 DVD+CD as a premium a little while ago.
hookorcrook
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 7:01 pm

a lot of their DJs can be chatty Cathys, especially Terre....

the old codger show that is on before scharpling is supremely irritating.

mouse pledges and above can get better beatles.
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 10:14 pm | Edited by: dale

Scharpling raised 50 grand tonight and the finale was Ted Leo, Tom and Patton Oswalt singing ABBA's "Take A Chance On Me."

I wonder what the ABBABOX's take was on it?
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 11:34 pm

anybody go look at the wfmu blog with the tour of rex's (fool's paradise) place? it's the coolest. i bet the dj's up there that play times new viking don't have bowling shrines in their houses.
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 12:41 am

untouchable. missed all the pledge action tonight, but i'm in wfmu nation if they'll have me.
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 12:46 am

i recently discovered that i can listen to wfmu at work and it's simply awesome to enjoy dave the spazz & michael shelley's killer shows while getting paid!!! woohoaaaa!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 4:12 am

get your soul filled friday nights with finewine!
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 9:00 am

Not too late to pledge! YOu have until SUnday!
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 3:09 pm

WCSB in cleveland is pretty damn good. www.wcsb.org
Posted: Mar 6, 2008 3:14 pm

My new band will be debuting on FMU in the Spring. Stay tuned. And give them your money.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®