Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I really want these boots (let's start a shoes thread, girls):
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:24 pm

If there hasn't been one already...CL, these kinda remind me of your kick ass Harley boots. I really, really like the leather on these and the giant buckles. Man, couldn't do $250 bucks though...and i think these must've been specifically made for VS cos I can't find 'em anywhere else on the 'net (including Steve Madden site).
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:35 pm

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:47 pm

oooh i lurv those boots, stephanie. those are great. they have a similar one at nine west -- http://www.ninewest.com/n/browse/product.s?productId=2889179&source=ca tegory&index=6&prodIndex=6&listSize=37&categoryId=&codeName=NWBRAVEONE

it's a LITTLE bit cheaper.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:57 pm

ooh, those are cool! the heel is just a tad higher than the other ones....$100 difference though!

i was looking at these for my office holiday party.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 11:00 pm

Oooh oohh!
I want these ones to replace the pair my friend's dog ate

And if anyone can find these in an 8.5 or 9, please tell me. I really want them.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 11:22 pm

well, your feets is one thing ....BUT..........Are you ladies SURE your calves will fit in those things?
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 11:32 pm

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 11:54 pm

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 12:01 am

some of those riding style boots are cool. i'm so over big and clunky. and animal print.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 12:02 am

I do like the Donkey's selects for a casual boot.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 12:08 am | Edited by: saispas

I like these

for a bit of a glam-yet-natural look with jeans or a pencil skirt and tights. Make sure you click on the image to get the good detail. This shoe store RULES. Hard on the pocketbook though.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 12:25 am

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 1:36 am

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:02 am

I think these are glamour DELUXE
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:03 am

Those Blundstones are very sexy.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:16 am

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:18 am

yeah i went to visit those christian laboutins at barneys last week, i just wanted to hold them.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:19 am

I know, they look like something Jean Harlow would wear in her boudoir.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 2:56 am | Edited by: skank police

Lovin' the Louboutins too! I bought these boots recently, the built-in platform makes 'em comfortable and smokin'.
http://www.strutdenver.com/paloma-black-on874-p-131.html
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:18 am

Are you ladies SURE your calves will fit in those things?

ahem. i'm pretty sure i DON'T have cankles. thanks.

anyway, some of those louboutin shoes on the neiman marcus site are hottt. i love the low heel satin slingbacks in red. i'd never in a million years ever drop 800 dollars on a pair of shoes though. i cringe spending more than 100. eek.

i've been a little bit partial to ballet flats lately. and i always like black riding boots just cuz. big big fan of them. and i am a big fan of cowboy boots too since i am a hillbilly and all. only in black though. :P
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 1:49 pm

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Oh! I love tjhose green peep-toes! I've been look at these for the last couple months. I love the peep-toes!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 3:04 pm

and elle, i'm with ya' on the ballet flats. Comfortable and cute.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:16 pm

I am so pissed. I am terrified of ever wearing any heels ever again after the ankle-breaking episode. Even though I wasn't wearing any shoes when I did it... it is still too much to think about.

I am very jealous. My shoe decisions are going to be veeerrrry boring until I get confident on my feet again.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:17 pm

Fuck on a peep toe. I can't afford nice shoes AND pedicures! jeez!!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:25 pm

my new fave dress shoes: peep toe, wedge, sling back
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:31 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

i don't know what it is with me and buckles lately, but these are awesome! The thing, for me though, is that whenever i go to put on heels to go out, I ALWAYS end up changing 'em because i'm so tall that i feel like a total asshole at shows and blocking people. Plus, by the weekend, i'm ready to get out of heels....
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:34 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

http://www.stevemadden.com/DECLARE-BLACK-LEATHER

whoah, i think i like hose even more than the VS ones.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:45 pm

saispas, these are like those green glamour guys, excpet about an 1/8 of the price.

no green though.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:46 pm

http://www.stevemadden.com/DECLARE-BLACK-LEATHER

whoah, i think i like hose even more than the VS ones.

are those cankle boots?
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:47 pm

The affordable version of that green peep toe pump
http://www.stevemadden.com/BRADLY-NAVY-NUBUCK
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 5:58 pm

ha! i just posted that Sarah! WAAAAY cheaper.

are those cankle boots?

i dunno, are they? they have a definitive ankle though...so, it's 15% off if you join madden's mailing list and free shipping on anything over $75. I might have to get 'em for a holiday present to myself. They kick so much ass. Someone convince me!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:02 pm

YOU
GO
GIRL!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:24 pm

are those cankle boots?

i dunno, are they? they have a definitive ankle though...so, it's 15% off if you join madden's mailing list and free shipping on anything over $75. I might have to get 'em for a holiday present to myself. They kick so much ass. Someone convince me!

they look kinda thick through the ankle area to me...but it could just be the weird angle of the heel.

just saying...
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:32 pm

well, if they are, that's OK. I'm very comfortable with my legs. They don't even have my size though! Fuck!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:36 pm

I ALWAYS end up changing 'em because i'm so tall
How Tall? Tall gals rule (make that drool).
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:41 pm

Tall gals rule

i like to think so anyway. 5'10".
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:43 pm

5'10".
swoooooooooooon!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 6:45 pm

I really like flat boots, even though I'm way too short for them. These are right up there on the list:

http://www.stevemadden.com/ASSET-GREY-LEAT
and
http://www.stevemadden.com/INTYCE-COGNAC-LE

but I really like those rachel comey thief boots saispas posted. Just not for $415...
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:08 pm

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:10 pm

I love all of the boots you ladies have posted, but I would never fit into them. I don't have cankles, but I have big, round comic book superheroine (or R. Crumb's "Lenore") calves and I can never find boots that will zip up all the way. it is a bummer, and when my $30 thrift store harley boots die I am going to be sad.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:10 pm

I want these but the vendor is a crook: http://www.aefsupply.com/boots4.jpg
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:12 pm

oh my god i love those rachel something boots...i love love love boots. coz i can't wear heels without looking like an idiot.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:16 pm | Edited by: Hadda Bad Day

How Tall?
I have been wearing more heels lately, especially since I have a shrimpy boyfriend..I love towering over him!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:25 pm

Q. for women: Do you notice a guy's shoes? If he has fucked up footwear(either worn out or just plain ugly), does it annoy you?
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:29 pm

just plain ugly
yes.

worn out isn't a problem. Bad taste is.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:34 pm

I want these but the vendor is a crook: http://www.aefsupply.com/boots4.jpg

Bray!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Do you notice a guy's shoes?
absolutely
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Q. for women: Do you notice a guy's shoes? If he has fucked up footwear(either worn out or just plain ugly), does it annoy you?
no
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 8:36 pm

$30 thrift store harley boots

you got those for $30?! Bastard!
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 10:12 pm

really bad athletic shoes are an instant turn-off.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 10:24 pm

i can't let go of my beat up allstars. or my beat up worker boots.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 10:34 pm

wait, this is true.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 10:51 pm

this guy who i had theeeee hugest crush on yeeearss ago had converse very similar to these, except they weren't as gay and only two colors (red and blue) and they were high tops, but with that old logo...anyway, i thought they were so hot.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 10:54 pm

urm, probably cos i thought he was....

i think i started wearing Vans in the 7th grade because Ryan the hottie did. Loved those skater boys. *sigh*
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 11:46 pm

shoes are super important on the guy. it's a sign of who he is.
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 11:56 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

" I don't have cankles, but I have big, round comic book superheroine (or R. Crumb's "Lenore") calves and I can never find boots that will zip up all the way." http://photo.net/bboard-uploads/00JKFu-34192584.jpg
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:09 am

I love it when a guy wears a pair of beat up old cons. Its hot. I do it too.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 12:29 am

if I only knew where Lenore Goldberg bought her cute boots! those are pretty much what I'm looking for.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:23 am

http://www.stevemadden.com/BRADLY-NAVY-NUBUCK

THANK YOU!!!!!

Rumple, I notice guys footwear. If it is really cool, that is fantastic. If it is worn out and trashed, they better be cute and/or charming. If they are are, I don't care what they have on their dogs. Unless they smell.

Skank P, those Palomas are kick ass. Perfect heel.

I bought these recently; wore em with cuffed up jeans, french tee and a cotton scarf. Very euro student look. The F Troupe shoes are always super comfy and in neat fabrics.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:24 am | Edited by: saispas

I am drawn to these too, but they have something I don't like too; like that really predictably retro look. I can see some Rockabilly ho in these if they weren't that soft suede.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:33 am | Edited by: skank police

I have been wearing more heels lately, especially since I have a shrimpy boyfriend..I love towering over him!

That is hot. I'm tallish too, 5'7"...and so tired of flats, will only buy heels for a while.

shoes are super important on the guy. it's a sign of who he is.

Yes Maam! Very important! Not a total dealbreaker...but close.

I have big, round comic book superheroine (or R. Crumb's "Lenore") calves

Word. That's why I spent $260 on those boots!! They fit and they rule!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 1:57 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I'm getting some of these tomorrow. Not expecting any action between the sheets when I wear them, oh well.....If 4o bones bring me warm and dry toes, I'm stoked!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:46 am

am i the only chick who really doesn't pay attention to guys' shoes? unless they're incredibly dumb looking, i don't really care.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:50 am

I find that they are simply never as fantastic as women's shoes. BUT, when they have on bad shoes, I certainly do notice.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 6:02 am

I find that they are simply never as fantastic as women's shoes.

Then all is sound with the world! I feel men should care a little about shoes, but look like they don't.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:08 pm

If men gave more of a crap about footwear there would be more choice. As it is, ladies get all the good stuff. Arse!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:13 pm

more choice

men have 4: 1)look like a logger/trucker/biker, 2) homosexual, 3) foot locker employee, or 4) cuban pimp.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:17 pm | Edited by: guy

I like to think I can rock and blend of all 4. I'm wearing these in the office today.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:21 pm

ooooo, nice pimp-homo combo you've got there guy!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks dude. It serves me well. My calves look fantastic. Are you wearing these?
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:26 pm

Actually I just bought some of these. Best damned cycling shoes I've ever worn.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 2:27 pm

my psychiatrist said only after i complete my gender idnetification and hormone therapy can i wear the likes of those.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 3:06 pm

men have 4: 1)look like a logger/trucker/biker, 2) homosexual, 3) foot locker employee, or 4) cuban pimp.

YES!!!! You forgot (5) Boca Raton Retiree, though.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 3:50 pm

I'm wearing the Greta style of these today in avocado
http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/index5.html

scroll down the shoes on this website rule, but their site suuuucks
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 3:57 pm

Best damned cycling shoes I've ever worn

guy, i'm taking the fiscal plunge and will invest in a GOOD pair of winter riding shoes. either lake or diadora. any opinion on that?
i use TIME pedals so i can wear those shimano shoes that are regular lace ups that i can actually walk in and not clop-clop around like i'm in the 'nutcracker'.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:31 pm

I'm wearing the Greta style of these today in avocado

Girl, I am smellin' what you are steppin' in...those are pimp! You are my shoe hero, and you just gave me a new place to spend money...wait...damn you!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:34 pm

Best damned cycling shoes I've ever worn.

I've got the Dominators for racing and they are definitely the most comfortable and adjustable. My only gripe is not being able to replace the tread. Can you add spikes to the Dragon's?
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:36 pm | Edited by: guy

I've had some Diadoras for years, and while they're good, the Sidis are much better for actually walking in (rubber soles, not just the usual rigid plastic), plus they really fit a lot better, they keep your feet dry/warm, and you can replace soles, etc. And yes to the spikes.

I don't know much about Lakes, so save for some Sidis, is what I'd say. Or get these?
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:44 pm

Arman, the Sidis are really, really comfortable. The lorica is like a supple leather and the binding system is really nice as far as adjustability. You can loosen it while riding with little effort/danger. Totally worth the money. Even after they get immersed in mud and water, they keep your feet warm, well, sort of. The heel portions are a bit narrow walking around on concrete, but you wouldn't want to walk around on concrete that much in these unless you plan to replace the heel treads. They are really made for off road stuff, but the cleat is recessed and does walk well.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:50 pm

Skank Po-po,

Do you still live in Cali?
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 4:52 pm

Whoa, Guy you are one suave dude! I think I already knew that though.

I recently bought these boots on sale for $79 at Shoe Pavillion and I'm looking for excuses to wear them every single day. Cheap, perfect and super comfortable.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:05 pm

One does what one can.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:19 pm

http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/index5.html

Yes indeedy, those are both looking good and comfy, with height!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:26 pm | Edited by: skank police

Skank Po-po,

Do you still live in Cali?

No, sadly. Denver, Beautiful Goddamn Colorado....for the last 5 years...I'm an OG Bay Area gal, tho.

...and you're right that site SUCKS!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 5:33 pm

If you ever come through Los Angeles, hit me up and we can go to the Re-Mix store!

(I had to try on abouut 30 pairs of shoes to find a pair that fit me right, each style fits differently)
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 6:05 pm

If you ever come through Los Angeles, hit me up and we can go to the Re-Mix store!

You're on, lady!

I've got a raging headache...and an ass-suck foul mood goin' on today...I think I need to elevate my own seff wit some big 'ol hussy heels.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 7:24 pm

ok, yesterday i was totally agreeing with this, but i was just at home and normally i would never comment like this, but i gotta say, I was a little taken aback by Dave the floor refinisher just now! even in his dorky gray New Balances!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 7:40 pm

These I never want to take off. Even in the shower, perhaps I'll waterproof them.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 8:27 pm

Franny I love those!!

Those olde style wedge shoes I do not get. I think just platforms in general don't make sense to me. Whats the point? It's like a flat but 4 inches taller, and not subtle like putting lifts in your shoes. I mean I think all those shoes are pretty cute, and if they didn't have a needless 3in" sole I might purchase the "Village."
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm totally borrowing those next week. If Michael isn't already.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 8:41 pm

i'm not really a fan of the booties, but these are awesome!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 8:51 pm

whoah, these are really weird, but i kinda like 'em
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 8:53 pm

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 9:12 pm

I'm totally borrowing those next week. If Michael isn't already.
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to even wear my new boots yet- I have to wait til X-mas cuz they're a goddamn present, or I'd totally say yes. Anyways, Michael will be too busy wearing these boots that you pointed out earlier.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 9:16 pm | Edited by: leftpeg

Anyways, Michael will be too busy wearing these boots that you pointed out earlier.
What the hell does this mean?: "Boots must be purchased separately."
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 9:25 pm

I don't know but these sexy boots would accentuate any man's thighs quite nicely. Maybe they're the better option.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 10:06 pm

I don't know but these sexy boots would accentuate any man's thighs quite nicely. Maybe they're the better option.
Especially on Michael's meaty thighs!!!
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 10:25 pm

I mean I think all those shoes are pretty cute, and if they didn't have a needless 3in" sole I might purchase the "Village."

i love those "village" ones, heels or no. they're probably my fav ones on that remix site.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 12:57 am

OK, these are Euro Comfort Shoes, but I am telling you, you can wear them for 8-10 hours, walking the whole time and your feet will feel like a dream. They are way cute with jeans too.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 2:47 am

OK, these are Euro Comfort Shoes, but I am telling you, you can wear them for 8-10 hours, walking the whole time and your feet will feel like a dream. They are way cute with jeans too.

I HAVE those!! Two pairs, my German Granny Go-aheads...I like to call 'em. Walked all over the country in 'em. I really only wear them with jeans...that way as long as your toes look good, people/dudes don't notice the shoes are slightly frumpy.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 3:32 pm | Edited by: paristheatre

studio g sez

a recent visit to paris france has given me a new perspective on ladie's footwear that I had not before. Please, ladies/queens/fetishitists do not take this personally (and I'm sure no one on this forum would be guilty of lakadaisical fashion!) but America, New York in particular...

YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WEAR BOOTS. PLEASE STOP TRYING. WEAR SOME ROLLERBLADES FOR A WHILE...SEE HOW THAT TREATS YOU.

This may be old news for those who have spent time across the pond but there's just something in French genes that commands you WEAR motherfucking boots. not the other way around.

may i say... (I'm talking to you NY)
uggs. sorry to mention...save for the upper east side I think this one's finally flatlined here.

rainboots. retarded. pretty much all of them. your feet are dry and you look like a tard. done

knee high boots. should FIT. it's THAT easy. I'm not a designer and even I know that oversized oversized boots make you look like a transient farmer with a temp job at the New School.

maybe it's just the region but 90% of female bootwearers in this area aren't wearing them correctly. Let's pull ourselves up from the bootstraps america. As for a little kick in the knickers to jumpstart your resizing/rethinking I've written a little limerick

The Euro is up.
The Dollar is down.
Those boots you have on
make you look like a clown.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 3:44 pm

people/dudes don't notice the shoes are slightly frumpy

Totally! I wore the lace up one with the back strap with a dress to see a teen client who loved to check on me for fun. She went off on the granny stuff...as well she should have! Then I wore my red ones with cuffed up jeans last night and a yellow tissue t...people thought I looked chic. Go figure.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 3:57 pm | Edited by: skank police

uggs. sorry to mention...

Uggs!!!!! Can't believe this the first mention. They are the reason I call myself Skank Police. Drinkin' with my buddy one night, and we were kidding around about the cops coming in and lining up all the chicks in miniskirts and Uggs along the bar...then I whisper to him, "Be cool...it's the Skank Police!". I hate Uggs even more than I hate Crocs!!!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 3:59 pm

I'm coming over to the US next week, and I've been asked to buy my sis some Uggs, due to the hilarious feebleness of your yankee pigdog dollar. Am I not allowed to? Will I be prevented by the fashion 5-0?
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:01 pm

Uggs!!!!! Can't believe this the first mention

mentioned them earlier in the thread. they are just boots. damn.

guy, are you coming to chicago?
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:03 pm

Sadly not, otherwise I'd totally take you shoe shopping. I'm going to Portland and Seattle.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:05 pm

are you coming on to me? we could skip down michigan ave. with our shopping bags-a-swingin'.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:06 pm

lining up all the chicks in miniskirts and Uggs along the bar.

You should also have these police go into Florida malls and Targets and arrest the teens wearing shorts, Uggs and faux-Uggs and fur-lined hoodies. How can suburban mothers allow their daughters to appear in public looking like low grade escorts?
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:09 pm

seems mens uggs are WAAAAYYYY different. just regular boots.

suburban mothers

since a small percentage look like they do 'milf porn' i can see them skanking out their daughters.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:10 pm

the hilarious feebleness of your yankee pigdog dollar

hilarious indeed.

but around here you can just call it a 'peso' for brevity's sake.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:15 pm

shopping bags-a-swingin'

Sounds super!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:20 pm

'peso'

why not 'lira'?
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:23 pm

since a small percentage look like they do 'milf porn' i can see them skanking out their daughters.

Total. Like Amy Poehler in "Mean Girls". And I can't even tell you how many people had to point out, "Awww look!!! Baby Uggs!" to me when my girl was born...but they knew by my subsequent scowl to never buy her any...

Will I be prevented by the fashion 5-0?

Uggs are bad...you shouldn't do Uggs.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:27 pm

seems mens uggs are WAAAAYYYY different. just regular boots.

YES!!!! I looked and didn't even notice those were Uggs...still prefer the Blundstone's tho....I second Saispas' "sexy".
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:32 pm

skank p--check your email...have a Skinceuticals query.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:39 pm

wearing my blundstones right now. i love these things. even though they aren't lined or insulated they are good winter boots since the soles are flexible and have a good tread that grips ice fairly well. they'd be awesome if they were lined.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 4:45 pm

wearing my blundstones right now.

With a smoking jacket and pipe?
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 5:06 pm

With a smoking jacket and pipe?

thats a bit 'flashy' for daily wear at the funeral home...

when my mother was in town i took her to the botanical gardens. saw this dork anglo-phile with a tweed jacket, jaunty cap and knee high wellingtons slogging through the mud. it was adorable.
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 5:47 pm

I'm coming over to the US next week
No Los Angeles....LAME, Guy, super lame
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 5:48 pm

still prefer the Blundstone's tho

Love Blunnies...especially steel toed ones!
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 6:37 pm

LAME

So many ladies, so little time! You're coming to London next year anyway, right?
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 6:59 pm

right?
right!
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 6:41 pm

hey, i just saw that patricia field is going a line for Payless. yes, they look like tranny shoes, but thought you might want to see them.
http://www.payless.com/PatriciaField/?cm_re=F07_p07a_20071120*Patricia Field*PatriciaField(LP)

anyone been to target to see the erin fetherston. ????
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Sake, sushi...tempura? Tranny the Terrible shoes indeed. I hate that Featherston stuff...poofy unflattering baby doll party dresses made out of polyester shit...just like those plastic crap shoes...methinks this whole designer gone budget thing has gotten a bit out of hand. It's starting to look worse than the regular selection of mass produced tack.
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 7:33 pm

She is ripping off Terry De Havilland. Surprise! Have not seen the Erin Fetherston and can't afford a thing anyway!
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 7:35 pm

YES!!!! You forgot (5) Boca Raton Retiree, though.

I thought of another:
6) Trustafarian
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 7:49 pm

YOU GO GIRL!
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 7:55 pm

im getting caught up on project runway tonite too.
so i'll be able to contibute to the other lady thread ----
they just opened a steve and barrys in sf, i need to go look at the 'winning design' ha ha ....
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 8:22 pm

they just opened a steve and barrys in sf, i need to go look at the 'winning design' ha ha ....

You just made my day! Where is it? I'll be out there in a week....everything I said about budget designer tack...um, nevermind.
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 8:36 pm

its on leavenworth near fishermans wharf (yes, you read correctly) ....if you want to meet up and do a goner shopping trip--i'd love to!!!!!
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 9:23 pm

I just can't get enough of this boot lately! I wear it EVERYDAY!

http://www.sportstek.net/bledsoe-boot.htm
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 9:40 pm

I'm sorry, but some of you have terrible taste in shoes!
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 9:41 pm | Edited by: alix

... and Pat Field for Payless? That's fucked up. She came in to my work the other day though, she looks great...
Posted: Nov 28, 2007 9:52 pm

leavenworth near fishermans wharf

is that cheap, errrr - discount perfume store still open down there?
i needs some chanel for my pet pet.

no i'm not talking about the in 'n out burger perfume....
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 12:12 am

its on leavenworth near fishermans wharf (yes, you read correctly) ....if you want to meet up and do a goner shopping trip--i'd love to!!!!!

Wow yeah, I just looked it up...the Cannery...my dad built a Chart House in there in the 80's...I do believe that building is beautiful, but cursed. Laurel, I'd love to meet you...It'll be Mon or Tues Dec 10-11...if you're not working. I'll have my 3 year old in tow too...I wonder if they have kids clothes? Myspace me?
http://www.myspace.com/remasixteema
Posted: Nov 29, 2007 3:34 am

yes, they look like tranny shoes,

i have to agree with that. yuck.

rainboots. retarded. pretty much all of them. your feet are dry and you look like a tard. done

and i agree with this too. unless it's raining, keep the shits in your closet.

people/dudes don't notice the shoes are slightly frumpy.

i have to disagree with you. i don't give a fuck about shoes, but i care about clothes and what else i wear. i just don't really care about the shoes as much as i do the rest of the outfit. my problem is that feet kind of gross me out so i don't really care to look at them or what covers them.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 5:55 am

Looky! Good price. Fornarinas are comfy...

http://www.trashydiva.com/site/indexNOW.html
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 6:01 am

...ooops, I meant the cute cone-heel boots on the sale page.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 2:03 pm | Edited by: saispas

I bought some Seychelle pumps with heels like that--totally fab. Buy 'em.

BTW, that Skinceuticals Phyto+ is a wonder potion.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 2:05 pm

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 2:30 pm

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 4:15 pm

totally fab. Buy 'em.

Cute shoes! Can't buy final-sale boots, gotta try 'em on...sux, really likin' those.

Womb Raider, you lookin' to do some shit-kickin' this X-Mas?
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 5:21 pm | Edited by: brown

Judge Mathis wears those, WR.

oops this is saispas.
Posted: Dec 3, 2007 5:24 pm

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 9:18 pm

I stole some shoes the other day from Imperial lanes!
Posted: Dec 14, 2007 5:34 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

just saw these in a mag. i'd want 'em in brown.
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 9:40 am

Gals,
According to Italian "scientists," our "fuck-me" shoes are just that. Who knew?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7225828.stm
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 10:38 am

Holy kegelcizer!
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 12:43 pm

Leave it to an Italian!!!

I love this quote:

The (high heel) shoe has been linked to a range of problems - from corns to schizophrenia.
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 2:24 pm

"I may have 9 personalities, but I'm a diavlo in the sack!"
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 2:35 pm

That's really cool, but I think I'll stick with my ultimate fantasy of giving head to my dude while he watches the football game and doesn't pay attention to me.
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 5:20 pm

giving head to my dude while he watches the football game and doesn't pay attention to me.

You should try that with Barely Legal #53.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 11:23 am

i just found these last night for 60% off! Only ones left and happened to be my size! SCORE! Finally! My search is over! I bought a pair of cheapos at Kohl's only 3 months ago and the heels are already worn through exposing the plastic.

Good finds are so exciting.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 11:32 am

I am wearing those exact boots presently.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 11:34 am

I take it back, I am wearing these.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 11:40 am

whoah! yeah! I saw those last night, too! cool! I hope you got as good a deal on those as i got on mine. I'm seriously so excited about it.
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 12:20 pm

I need to find a Kohl's and fast.

I have a pair of very old, sorta hippish Born boots that are awesome; sooo comfortable.
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Lovely. And oh so 'spensive.
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 3:52 pm

yeah...it's fun to pretend.
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 4:16 pm

These are the ones I'd like:

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&YOOX=MOMA&dept=women&tskay=3FD17CD7 &rr=1&cod10=44171152KI&sts=sr_women80

But I already have enough boots for this year.
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 4:37 pm

nice.
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 5:16 pm

what's the most $$$ you yentas have spent on boots? (Don't be shy,get your brag on)
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 5:33 pm

my blundstones, after 8 years of service, have officially shit the bed as far as the sole is concerned. fuck.
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 6:19 pm

most $$$

$300...pre divorced, single-mom, self-employed status...may never get to do that again in my life, they better last!
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 11:29 pm

I've been pretty lucky buying my boots off-season or scoring some at Buffalo Exchange when I was in Portland. I guess $200 or thereabouts has been where I topped out. The last pair I bought--Frye harness boots--were about $150 on sale.
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 1:51 pm

I went with my wife to three different stores the other day, holding her stuff while she tried on boots. Man, the styles this year are really lacking. Everytime I see something cool, I pick it up and notice the other side is covered in totally ridiculous buckles. All the sudden it goes from looking pretty good to looking like bondage gear. If that's your thing I guess that's Ok but....
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 2:15 pm

$200 is my absolute limit. I would love to find a decent pair for less than that, but so far haven't. I wore my several pairs so much last winter that they are starting to need an upgrade, any suggestions? I already have high heeled boots, looking for some minimal to no heel ones.
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Everytime I see something cool, I pick it up and notice the other side is covered in totally ridiculous buckles.

This makes sense because of Part 5 of 80's Fashion Redux going on; in the real 80's I was forever getting frustrated with shoes that would look good at the core, but then they'd have all kinds of silver pendants and beads attached, ruining them. My quote at the time was "There is no excuse for ugly shoes; they just need to stop while they are ahead."
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 9:12 pm

I saw plenty of 80's "Sunset Strip" style boots at Scion Fest...makes no sense, except to be amusing on a really wasted girl stumbling around with her mini skirt on sideways...just like in the 80's, I guess!
Posted: Oct 20, 2009 10:42 am

except to be amusing on a really wasted girl stumbling around with her mini skirt on sideways...just like in the 80's, I guess!

There ya go! The second things got all Contempo Casual, I immediately resisted most new items and went straight up 40's-70's vintage until about 1998. I don't care what anyone says, that period (1987-1995) was just so hideous. Sure, I went around looking like a Love Is a Battlefield ragamuffin with an Edie Sedgwick complex, but things could have been worse, much worse.
Posted: Oct 20, 2009 10:54 am

Contempo Casual

AAAHHHHHHHH!!!
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Just ordered a pair of these in black:

BOOTS!
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 6:51 pm

If you were wondering what to get me for Christmas, I'd be happy with any of these in a 12 E.
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Scott, if you are by any means serious about looking like a Lansky 126 victim turning the Downtown Happy Hour crew on with those boots, if you are ever in Ravenden Arkansas (almost to Hardy on 63), there is a surplus boot store that has an array of Luchesse's...none quite that funny though!
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Posted: Oct 23, 2009 8:39 pm

uh....EXCUSE ME?

I seriously don't have any idea how you expect me to order Pepe Jr. to fetch me a mojito to rest on my new human drink stand (small child from newly purchased island off coast of Guam i can't pronounce because they all sound the same, thanks SITC movie ticket sales! tee-hee...) in those pathetic, sad, midwest, excuses for shoes you gooners have listed above.

I mean, I wouldn't order Pepe Jr. to answer the door for Zanzabar delivery while I wore those "things".....eeewwwww!

Lets pretend you weren't born in a barn and actually had class...(omg! what a stretch!)

When you want to get serious about shoes, text my publicist when you get a pair of these...

http://www.thebagforum.com/shoe-cover/6733-stuart-weitzman-le-vian-2-m illion-dollar-shoes.html

Oh, that's right....you can't. Because I bought them !

Thank you all for purchasing my fantastic fragrance in your attempt to smell like you were not born in a barn.
No, seriously...

I love all you gooners!
and remember, it's not a recession if it doesn't smell like one!

BUY MY PERFUME!
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 9:50 am

Tommy, I've got some of those.

saispas, you've got to be kidding. Those boots are fucking awesome! I've been to that boot outlet place over near Hardy. There are a few nice pieces in there, but nothing on this level.
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 11:54 am

Scott. Those scream "Memphis Flyer Style Sessions blog/S.O.B. Gastropub/Afterparty for the Grizz game". There has to be a better choice!!! Don't do it!
Posted: Oct 24, 2009 12:23 pm

Scott, I think they'd go great with your pink tutu, you stinky little devil. Do it!! Buy them now!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®