| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / box turtle appreciation thread
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 8:45 pm

Dear box turtles,

You rule.

Love,
Mark
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 9:23 pm

Wash your hands after handling though. Salmonella ain't no fun.
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 9:29 pm

soup
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 11:30 pm

I had one as a pet when I was a kid. He was awesome. Boring, but awesome. He lived a long, long time. My mom really liked him and kept him when I moved out of the house. When she moved out of state six or seven years later, she gave him to a neighbor kid.
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 1:13 am

i think we had a box turtle once - it got "lost" in the house and we never found it or any remains even when we moved the next year
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 4:46 am

We used to paddle a boat up & down some wide streams off of a lake when we wear kids & find painted turtles. It was really cool. Turtles are just really cool beasties.
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 5:47 am

slow ass mutha fucka
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 10:04 am

are these the things that fuckin' bite you when you go to pat them in the face?
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 6:17 pm

My sister had one but for some reason my dad let it loose in the backyard and we never could find the mofo again.
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 6:22 pm

we never could find the mofo again.

yep, their pretty wiley, did you look in his shell?
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 7:20 pm

Posted: Nov 7, 2007 7:49 pm

i love turtles. my friend had a russian tortoise named blanard a while ago, that i got to tortoise-sit for a few days while my friend was waiting for the power to be turned on at his new apt. i was living with my sister at the time and her cat LOVED the tortoise. i'd let it walk around the house and the cat would never leave its side...just slowly walk along side it watching it. eventually it'd pass out in a corner and the cat would sleep next to it. when we finally had to give it back, the cat just sat in the spot where the tank was for days looking depressed.
Posted: Nov 7, 2007 7:56 pm

i had a crazy asshole roommate move in with a turtle. i hated the roomate. the turtle didn't bug me though. it was usually huddled in the corner of its box humping a piece of lettuce
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 10:10 pm

The duchess and I saw SO many of them on our honeymoon it was weird. In Barcelona we walked up and down La Ramba st. and they had all these pet shop kiosks full of birds, lizards, guinea pigs, box turtles, ect..... it seemed cruel because at the end of the day they just closed up the side walls and left the lil guys all alone on the side walk outside. I would have liked to rescue one of those green bastards, even if they did speak Spanish.
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 10:11 pm

eventually it'd pass out in a corner and the cat would sleep next to it.

Please tell me you have pictures.
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 10:25 pm

I know my sister does...but she lives across the country from me now, and doesn't have a scanner. I assure you though, they are highly adorable.
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 4:24 am

I think I would cry if I saw them. Awww.
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 12:15 pm | Edited by: AndreaH

Box turtles are the shit!* My husband caught one on our honeymoon (and released it, of course). They are allegedly in Mass but we haven't found one yet.

*quote from some guy on the DVD Maniacs board

ETA. My cat and my bearded dragon (both sadly dead now) used to hang out in the window together. We have pictures.
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 1:43 pm

you're a bearded dragon
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 1:47 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®