Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Best Album Of 2007
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next »
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 12:45 am

I know this year isn't over yet but who takes the cake for best record of 2007?
My vote... King Khan & The Shrines / What Is?
This record pretty much crushes everything else I've heard this year and I haven't heard one person even metion it.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 3:28 am

maybe that one

maybe this one?

ike reilley?
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 4:30 am

i'm glad you mentioned that king khan & the shrines... i forgot i had it. it IS magnificent
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:33 am

lsok
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:43 am

man this has been a great year, but for me the top contenders are Hue Blanc, Goodnight Loving, Golden Boys, Cheater Slicks, and Demons Claws. I think Cheater Slicks and Hue Blanc are at the front of the pack though
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:50 am

i keep forgetting that the cheater slicks was released this year... i first heard it in 2006... i also have no concept of time vis a vis the present day. its always 1977 to me
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:49 am | Edited by: dale

Just one?

Cheater Slicks? Goodnight Loving? Psychedelic Horseshit? Busy Signals? Harlan T Bobo? Hue Blancs Joyless Ones? GOLDEN BOYS?!?!?! Pink Reason?!?!

Ummm...That Sonic CHicken 4 album is pretty rulin too!

I dunno....It's not the end of the year yet.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 5:25 pm

Hue Blancs Joyless Ones?

saw them last night - um... either I just don't get it, or they suck.

but I dunno...I'm pretty "with it".
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 6:45 pm | Edited by: banned

Top contenders:

Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones - Arriere Garde
Little Claw - Spit and Squalor Swallow the Snow
Psychedelic Horseshit - Magic Flowers Droned
Cheater Slicks - Walk Into the Sea

and I guess it's really crass to mention your own band, but:

Pink Reason - Cleaning the Mirror

other notables:

Sapat - Tenden and Mortise
Goodnight Loving - Cemetary Trails

either I just don't get it, or they suck.

They don't exist for you to get. I think they are a band comparable to the Cheater Slicks in that while they may not appeal to everyone, those they do appeal to are just about the most die hard fans you can find. Most people I know who like the Joyless Ones consider them one of the very, very best. Their ability to inspire the kind of dedication they recieve from their fans is a pretty rare quality.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 6:50 pm

Hue Blancs Joyless Ones?

While I didn't make it to the show, I've definitely been unimpressed with the Joyless Ones stuff that I've heard. Seems real boring.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 6:56 pm

but bill, they're DECONSTRUCTING music.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:00 pm

Bill is right, Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones SUCK ASS (you heard me, I didn't stutter); I saw them last year around Thanksgiving with Human Eye and I was so bored I could've cried- not with Human Eye, with HBJO
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:03 pm

I dunno. Seems fairly straight forward to me. What I feel makes them so unique is how honest the music is. The shit is dirty, real and full of passion.

But, honesty and passion are just for pretentious art fags, am I right? No room for authenticity in this Rock 'n Roll.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:09 pm

honestly and passionately mediocre maybe.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:13 pm

I saw the Cococomas once...
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:16 pm

I saw them (Cococomas) a couple of times. Didn't make much of an impression on me. They were like sonic Farina.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:21 pm

I think they are a band comparable to the Cheater Slicks in that while they may not appeal to everyone,

uh - ask anyone on either this board or Terminal Boredom & I feel like most everyone will say that they like the Cheater Slicks...

honesty and passion are just for pretentious art fags, am I right? No room for authenticity in this Rock 'n Roll.

they seemed pretty goddamned bored on stage last nite... passion?...hardly.
and seriously... this melodramatic "you guys just don't get it" routine is wearing thin... I understand you wanting to back up your friends' music & stand behind their band, etc., but implying that your tastes are elevated & more sophisticated than everyone else's here is pretty insulting... most everyone I personally know on this board listens to WAY more than just garagepunk music & can talk eloquently & passionately about it when prompted...
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:22 pm

Cococomas

that's cool how were they?...
my band is CoCoComa.

get back to blogging or something.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:29 pm

they seemed pretty goddamned bored on stage last nite

That could be. I wasn't there watching them, but I know that they are pretty much my favorite band to see live, period. Has nothing to do with my relationship to them. I'd describe them more like "brothers" than friends though. There has been a fist fight or two (plus, that time with the beer bottle and all the blood) between us.

Live I always find them extremely intense and hypnotic. I can't contain myself and always end up flailing around like a drunken retard when they play.

I don't understand what's so melodramatic about pointing out the fact that YOU JUST DON'T GET IT I mean, that's about all that can really be said about it, because it ain't like I'm alone in my opinion.

They're just a polarizing band. The people who "get it" swear by them, and those that don't make a big stink about how with it they are and still think they suck.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:31 pm

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.

my band is CoCoComa.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:35 pm

banned talking about hbjo sounds like scientologists talking about l ron hubbard.

maybe i don't "get it" but i don't think there is anything to get. it's fucking rock 'n' roll for christ's sake, it's nothing so esoteric that requires a great deal of critical analysis. i find them boring and if i don't "get it", well hey i don't want it and i'm fine with that. i don't want to get cancer either.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:35 pm

see.
melodrama.
this is exactly what I'm talking about - I express a differing opinion & you act like a child.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:36 pm

uh oh, banned is going all raymond babbit on us. TAKE SOME THORAZINE BANNED!
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:37 pm

TAKE SOME THORAZINE BANNED!

done, and done.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:45 pm

PILE O' MEAT.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:45 pm

One pick I would chose would be the Final Solutions new one.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:47 pm

The people who "get it" swear by them,

you mean like turbonegro?
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:50 pm

Also

The Alarm Clocks-The Time Has Come

Those guys are just as good as they were in 1966. A big shoutout to Freddy Fortune on the recording, he did an awesome job.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:52 pm

i have an old HBJO 45. not so good. and i "get" everything.

PILE O' MEAT.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:54 pm

i have an old HBJO 45. not so good

Peachfuzz, motherfucker! Where's the god damned vodka!?
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 7:57 pm

The Golden Boys "Whiskey Flower" is my official pick in the "Best Album of 2007" category.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:01 pm

The Golden Boys "Whiskey Flower" is my official pick in the "Best Album of 2007" category.

i'll have to agree, partially because it was the biggest surprise of the year. i think a lot of people outside of this scene should be all over it. it's just a quality album.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:01 pm

biggest dissapointment lp (although still pretty good)... i think you all know.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:04 pm

good timing for this thread, for the first time since june I AM GOING RECORD SHOPPING!!!! you have no idea how good it was to type that.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:05 pm

I fourth (or whatever) the GB Whiskey Flower.
But I really liked Hue Blanc when I saw em though so....
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:06 pm | Edited by: dale

Cococomas

that's cool how were they?...
my band is CoCoComa.

get back to blogging or something.

Ouch! Damn, that cut like a knife.

How were they? I was waiting for the next band to come on.

I don't what's so DEEP about HBJO. I just like thier music. It's not for everyone. That goes for any band though.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:08 pm

i'll have to agree, partially because it was the biggest surprise of the year. i think a lot of people outside of this scene should be all over it. it's just a quality album.

now THIS record I do like... bought it with some trepidation & was surprised at how much I enjoyed it... it's got some kinda lovable drunk charm to it...
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:13 pm

Golden Boys has been getting consistent play 'round here since it came out. It's has both SONGS and a sound.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:15 pm

I don't what's so DEEP about HBJO. It's not for everyone. That goes for any band though.

(I edited your quote, but)

I agree.
I've realized that getting bent outta shape because someone doesn't like your band or your friends band is pretty pointless...people have different tastes... my beef is with the people who proclaim their tastes to be the RIGHT ones & everyone else's is wrong and/or pedestrian.

and hey thanks for the positive review of the CCC/Hipshakes split 7" Dale... that was nice - even if our band does bore you...

OK - I'm done with this thread.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:20 pm

so aside from the golden boys is there anything else that's seems to be a consensus winner? the store i'm going to is kind of small and odds of them having the one record i want are even smaller. i think i saw the psychedelic horseshit record when i was selling stuff back to them though.

any other suggestions?
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:25 pm

my beef is with the people who proclaim their tastes to be the RIGHT ones & everyone else's is wrong and/or pedestrian.

Grow a set.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:29 pm | Edited by: dale

I don't what's so DEEP about HBJO. It's not for everyone. That goes for any band though.

(I edited your quote, but)

Heh, I screwed it up anyways. I was suppose to read I don't know what's so deep about HBJO.

I never said Cococoma bored me. I just hadn't heard anything to get excited about. That split with the Hipshakes is good though.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:35 pm

so aside from the golden boys is there anything else that's seems to be a consensus winner?

PILE O' MEAT.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:38 pm

The Alarm Clocks. All your other fag music sucks.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 8:41 pm

Cheater Slicks
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:01 pm

In no particular order:
Cheater Slicks - Walk into the Sea
King Khan & His Shrines - What Is?
Demons Claws - Satan's Little Pet Pig
Mark Sultan - The Sultanic Verses
Goodnight Loving - Crooked Lake
Golden Boys - Whiskey Flower
Brutal Knights - Feast of Shame
The Lamps LP

I'm saving a spot for the Cococoma LP.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm with Kevin. I'd like to see some more recomendations, as I've bought more used LPs than new this year. In fact I think all I've got this year were Final Solutions, Jay Reatard, Pink Reason and Goodnight Loving wouldn't let me leave the show until I walked out with their new one (and I'm glad they did).

How was Quintron's? I've read stuff about Carbonas, Busy Signals and Cococoma but haven't had the cash.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:28 pm

Lamps
Lamps
Lamps
(and more)
Lamps
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:29 pm

i went to permanent records (because i still had ten bucks in store credit) but there was an instore going on so i couldn't get past the letter h in the bins. they did not have the golden boys but i did pick up the "home schooled" comp from numero (despite it being 5 bucks cheaper at dusty groove), a bags comp, a blank dogs 12", and the cars s/t lp. none of it qualifies as best of 2007 so maybe i'll go to reckless and start buying back the lps i sold them.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:49 pm

How was Quintron's?

next to godliness.... great stuff!
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 9:53 pm

next to godliness.... great stuff!

Agreed
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 10:03 pm

Hey, Kevin, send me your e-mail. I lost it.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 10:07 pm

i did pick up the "home schooled" comp from numero (despite it being 5 bucks cheaper at dusty groove)

actually this DOES qualify for a best of 2007 and the third song on the A side is fucking killing me.

jack i don't have yours either but a myspace message is on it's way.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 10:32 pm

lsok

Oh, yeah. Forgout that I also bought this one this year but still haven't heard it. *ahem*
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 11:01 pm

hue blanc blow CoCoHomos away. i also wasnt a fan at first, trickknee gave me their single and i spent about a year not listening to it after the first listen.
seeing them live a few times also put me to sleep.

then, we were asked to make the trek up to algoma, play and provide sound so i brought along the 4 track and by the time i had the songs mixed down a few days later and heard them a few times i couldnt get them out of my head and probably never will.

i went back and listened to those old demo tapes they made me and cd-rs and even the trickknee single sounded pretty good! you have to keep in mind that they have a million songs and atmosphere and song selection make a big difference.

times ive seen them since ive been both bored and entertained. boring? maybe. suck? no. mediocre? i dont think so.

CoCoComas at the blackout had the stage presence of a still life painting of a pile of vegetables or something, and the musical "creativity" about the same. not bad enough to outright suck but not good enough that i would even download the shit for free.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 11:03 pm

Oh, yeah. Forgout that I also bought this one this year but still haven't heard it. *ahem*
ill see if i have any stray cardboard laying around and try to ship one to you asap.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 12:41 am

No love for the VOLT LP? I think that one is a contender.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 12:59 am

alright jack stands got it packaged up and just have to put the address on and ship it.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:19 am

Can't even remember if I caught on to HBJO's right at the first listen or not. I can barely remember a time when they weren't one of my favorite bands. I remember first hearing about them from Mike Zink though. He'd been talking about how theyy were the best band around and I was a little shocked because although I always thought Strong Come Ons were a heavy contender and one of the best bands in the state, there was something that always kept them from coming near being the best thing ever and that's where the Joyless Ones come in.

I've seen them play less than stellar shows though, but for me that's just part of their charm, that's the honesty coming through. They're not putting on an act or going through the motions. They either bring it, or they don't. Whatever they're feeling I guess. I've seen few bands more than them though (Mystery Girls for sure and I don't know who else although Psychedelic Horseshit is probably up there as well) and even their "off" nights are a good time for me.

Anyway, I can see how people might not dig on them. It's straightforward stuff as far as I'm concerned, but like V-3 or Cheater Slicks there is something special about them and the way they play that can leave people teasing them for "deconstruction" out one side of their mouth and then saying they're just rock 'n roll out the other. I think that's the personality of the players coming out in the tunes. I find it difficult to seperate bands like that from their music. It seems that if you like the people as individuals, you're gonna have to like their music, because it's their essense distilled... and that if you are somehow rubbed wrong by their personalities or demeanors that there is going to be no escaping that through their music.

As far as their being "deep" is concerned. I don't think you gotta be some kinda pretentious art fag to enjoy the music, but there is a whole lot of truth in those tunes and if you're not comfortable with some hairy jerk from a small town standing naked before you talking about both the earthly and sublime all at the same time like a backwoods hick trying to wax beatific reciting passages he found in the back of some dirty old French wankbook while his children pull at his pant legs and his wife scolds him in the background, well, stay away.

They're not trying to impress anyone. Fortunately there is a select group of us out there who appreciate them a whole lot anyway.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:24 am

i dont even listen to the words.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:25 am

CPC Gangbangs, Reverend Beat-Man, Sonic Chicken 4 really did it for me this year.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:27 am

s far as their being "deep" is concerned. I don't think you gotta be some kinda pretentious art fag to enjoy the music, but there is a whole lot of truth in those tunes and if you're not comfortable with some hairy jerk from a small town standing naked before you talking about both the earthly and sublime all at the same time like a backwoods hick trying to wax beatific reciting passages he found in the back of some dirty old French wankbook while his children pull at his pant legs and his wife scolds him in the background, well, stay away.

you lost me at that wife shit
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:35 am

i dont even listen to the words.

Yer loss. They're really good.

Best words I've ever sang in my life were when I covered Frollicked Walk Through Autumnal Bliss. Sure the song title sounds super gay, but the lyrics!!!!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:39 am

Frollicked Walk Through Autumnal Bliss.

gay and semi literate
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:45 am

Yeah, but listen to the song once and then see what you gotta say about it.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:45 am

the only words i know are
DONT STOP FUCKIN AROUND HEY!
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:47 am

Yeah, but listen to the song once and then see what you gotta say about it.

that the title is dumb?
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:50 am | Edited by: banned

Best song released this year though...

...and I think the title is pretty hillarious. It's a kind of inside humor though.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 1:58 am

The Goodnight Loving - Crooked Lake
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 2:04 am

carbonas -s/t
goodnight loving - crooked lake
homostupids - the intern

and probably this.

Sonic Chicken 4 really did it for me this year.

when does it come out???
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 2:17 am

I think it's out "officially" soon. They landed a LP copy on me last night (I've had a CD-R of it for a few weeks now)
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 3:58 am

caetano veloso
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:05 am

Frollicked Walk Through Autumnal Bliss.

gay and semi literate

you'd prefer "the first deification of the rest of your life"?
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:22 am | Edited by: john mcguirk

Apart from whats been mentioned, Busy Signals, Goodnight Loving... am I really the only one who loves the CPC Gangbangs LP??
That Pissed Jeans one is pretty cool too. Same for Demons Claws. Exploding Hearts Shattered if ya wanna count that. Still have to give the Carbonas and King Khan/Shrines LP`s a proper listen, they might be up there too. Yeah, pretty good year...
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:34 am

Sonic Chicken 4 really did it for me this year.

GREAT album!
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:34 am

PILE O' MEAT
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:55 am

pile o' stink
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:59 am

DOWN--III
HIGH ON FIRE--Death Is This Communion
HOLY SHIT!
PIOGGIA NERA--Teatri Di Menzogne

Every time I see Hue Blanc I get more and more despondent over the two drummers playing the exact same beat together on every song when I realize what they COULD be doing. Also they should get big amps and kick people's asses--and so should everyone else. You pussies ever see any pictures of Black Flag or The Ramones playing with combo amps sitting on chairs??? WHERE'S THE POWER?

-Ryan
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:39 am

Every time I see Hue Blanc I get more and more despondent over the two drummers playing the exact same beat together on every song when I realize what they COULD be doing. Also they should get big amps and kick people's asses--and so should everyone else. You pussies ever see any pictures of Black Flag or The Ramones playing with combo amps sitting on chairs??? WHERE'S THE POWER?

awesome.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:13 pm

CPC Gangbangs

I forgot about that one. I guess its because so many of those songs came out on 7" or comps before the album came out that it didn't seem all that knew.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:37 pm

That Pissed Jeans one is pretty cool too
f-that. I bought the record. That band is all hype, and the record is nearly unlistenable.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:41 pm

I also, in all seriousness, think R Kelly's "Double Up" is the best thing to come out this year.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:44 pm

Having a long lasting brotherhood/friendship with the CPC guys I can say that live the are a blast and kick my ass but on record...ehh...something's missing or it's too RAWK or something.

Chicago Kev,

Is that 'Home Schooled' thing the comp with the 70's 'kid soul' groups on it? Read a review in Mojo about and I've been thinking about picking that up.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 4:58 pm

Yea I was kinda bummed about the pissed jeans. A little too structureless for me. Still cool, probabably a lot more fun live, but not what I was hoping after hearing the "single."
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:04 pm

The new Pissed Jeans is a joke. The Jogger is the single worst song of 2007.

They should have called it The Blogger.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:35 pm

Chicago Kev,

Is that 'Home Schooled' thing the comp with the 70's 'kid soul' groups on it? Read a review in Mojo about and I've been thinking about picking that up.

that's the one. it's worth it for the d side alone. it's a pretty sweet comp. i have the gospel funk hymnal from numero as well, i like home schooled better. the shop where i got these have one more numero comp, belize jazz or something, these two were good enough to warrant a purchase.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:49 pm

that belize record slays
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:50 pm

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:51 pm

Yea I was kinda bummed about the pissed jeans. A little too structureless for me. Still cool, probabably a lot more fun live, but not what I was hoping after hearing the "single."

Interesting. Yes, both The Jogger and Scrapbooking do suck. But there are some killer songs on there too. "All hype" is bullshit.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:54 pm

No love for the VOLT LP? I think that one is a contender.

I got that, too, but haven't listened to it since I realized they weren't Lightning Bolt. I should probably pick it back up again sometime.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 5:58 pm

that belize record slays

maybe i'll get off the train at division and go to dusty groove tomorrow after work.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 6:15 pm

And I may have only listened to Side A, I can't remember anymore. I still want to hear the Holy Shit! Lp and the new Crime record.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 6:33 pm

Psychedelic Horseshit, Pink Reason, Golden Boys, Cheater Slicks, Lamps, Times New Viking... I know I'm missing some. All great in different ways.

Don't have the new CoCoComa or HBJO, but hopefully soon...
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 6:57 pm

Almost forgot Clockcleaner's Babylon Rules is out now. By far the best thing they've done. It's vile shit.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:26 pm

Everything on my list has been mentioned except for one that, if it's not #1, it's tied- Angels of Light!!!

As for HBJO's, we made it a point to try to get to play with them when we went to WI. I'm definitely on the PRO side of this fence.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:28 pm

The "In the Forest" song from Yura Yura Teikoku's new album "Hollow Me" that they have posted on their Space is FUCKING COOL! (http://www.myspace.com/yurayurateikoku) On the basis of that one song, I'm voting for that. Or Goodnight Loving "Crooked Lake", Holy Shit! s/t, or the ultra-great Mystery Girls record that was allegedly supposed to come out this year. I'm a homer to the very end.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:28 pm

Whoops, that was me...
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:30 pm

Woah. I forgot about that Angels of Light too... probably other shit as well. We Are Him is great!
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 7:50 pm

Pissed Jeans record rules. "Structureless"? Uh, sure. Don't suppose you like The Melvins either. "The Jogger" and "Scrapbooking" are great. The shit is funny and creepy.

That Golden Boys record is fucking boring, and you all have shitty taste in music.

Throw the new Sightings record in the ring and stuff yr ears with corn, fuckos.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 8:13 pm

spider bags
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 8:25 pm

Don't suppose you like The Melvins either.
Not really. I also don't tend to like music that's "funny."
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 9:10 pm

Pissed Jeans ain't got nothing on the Melvins. This thread sucks.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 9:36 pm

hubble bubble
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 10:04 pm

Records I liked best this year:
Busy Signals LP
Tranzmitors LP
new Dean Dirg LP, Raus
The Pets "Lets Go" b/w "I Want Fun" on Douchemaster.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 10:04 pm

dale, this is the one.

Looks cool. Might have to drop some coin on it.

Oh yeah, add Times New Viking "Paisley Reich" to my year list. Seems I've been digging that one for quite a bit...sorta forgot it came out this year.

Still gotta get the Lamps record. I got the Busy Signals album this week but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 10:16 pm

No order-
Sonic Chicken 4
Lamps
Haunted George
Wooden Tit
Prix Label (Numero Uno)
Michael Hurley (new One)

Most fun moments- Sonic Chicken 4 @ Used Kids
Haunted George in my basement!!! (There's a great recording of it)
Jeff Evans at our anniversary
Heavy Trash doin "They were Kings" @Ravari room
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 10:44 pm | Edited by: Jasper de Wilde

I just can't stop listening to this new France band the Chimiks playing "Banned Me"...
Ferocious!!!!
Posted: Nov 4, 2007 10:46 pm

(There's a great recording of it)

I think I speak for all if I say we'd like to hear it.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 12:01 am

Wooden Tit

oh yeah!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 12:17 am

Pissed Jeans ain't got nothing on the Melvins. This thread sucks.

Didn't say they did. They got another 20 years plus a thunder god drummer to catch up.

Pissed Jeans are "funny" in a "serious" way.

And, yes, it does.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 1:39 am

This thread sucks.
I only didn't add TSOT's demo cause you never gave it to me (and cause there probably isn't a song on it that tops I'm a flirt).
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 2:30 am

belize jazz or something

the belize city boil up? that ain't a 2007 release...
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 3:16 am

Shit, How could I leave out the Wooden Shjips LP. Damn.

I liked the Demon's Claws album but after the Cheater Slicks album came out DC's sounding like farm league.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 3:36 am

No order-
Sonic Chicken 4
Lamps
Haunted George
Wooden Tit
Prix Label (Numero Uno)
Michael Hurley (new One)

now that's a list i have and i love!

you forgot cococomas ans staaaaaaags though...

and caetano veloso
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:00 am

the belize city boil up? that ain't a 2007 release...

neither is the gospel-funk one but i was going off topic.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:21 am

They got another 20 years plus a thunder god drummer to catch up.

Well, they aren't doing so well straight out of the gate either...
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:39 am | Edited by: elle

f-that. I bought the record. That band is all hype, and the record is nearly unlistenable.

i have to agree with you. i bought it too and just cringed after listening to it once. ugh. not so much a fan of HBJO or pink reason either. i couldn't even bring myself to buy the album to listen after listening to pink reason live or hearing what HBJO had on their myspace. *shrugs* not a fan.

HIGH ON FIRE--Death Is This Communion

dear god, i love high on fire and this album is terrific. great music to listen to while angry and skating. and also am in agreement with goodnight loving's crooked lake, golden boy's whiskey flower, and cheater slicks' walk to the sea. mark sultan's sultanic verses was pretty nice too. everything else that i keep thinking of that i've listened to a lot this year was actually released last year and for whatever reason, i have not got a chance to really listen to the cococoma lp or the king khan and his shrines' new one either. i have the cococoma album sitting at my house but i haven't really been home much to check it out and take a real good listen. same with the carbonas' self titled. i've listened to them both once and liked what i heard, but that's about it.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:39 am

This thread sucks.

FAGGOTS!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:45 am

I'm waiting for someone to say the new Springsteen album then someone else bitching about it.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:47 am

The people who "get it" swear by them,

you mean like turbonegro?

Who were those jokers that dug 'em here again? They had one song I liked but that was mostly because it was a straight Alice Cooper rip.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:52 am

Guitar Wolf and the Go! Team.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:53 am

Hex Dispensers - s/t
Taxi - Yu Tolk Tu Mach
Final Solutions - Songs By Solutions
Carbonas 3rd lp
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:54 am

i like some of turbonegro's older stuff stopping at ass cobra. their newer stuff is for fags.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:05 am

wow

lots a posts and none of the records any of you mention is good for bus stop sex or back seat masturbation sessions!

a good record has got to be good for commin'

for example, that Khan and BBQ album Goner put out

speaking of put out, that goner lable can deliver the
big O
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:15 am

Coathangers.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:31 am

Tranzmitors LP

It's good... but not as brilliant as the singles. I think I even like the Jeffie Genetic LP a little better. Tranzmitors LP isn't bad but I guess I expected more.

new Dean Dirg LP, Raus

Still have to check that one out.

The Pets "Lets Go" b/w "I Want Fun" on Douchemaster

Cool single, yeah. Still bummed I missed em live.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 1:58 pm

Coathangers.

haha are you serious?! that record is terrible!!!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 3:11 pm

Yup- I think it's great! I imagine that it's one that would be love/hate for some, but I like both that and the 7" they put out this year.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 3:24 pm

eddy current
grinderman
spider bags
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 3:37 pm

Coathangers are awful. Brutal Knights record ain't any good, either, I've heard enough Zeke in my life already.

Psychedelic Horseshit, Knugen Faller, Hue Blanc, Lamps, Cheater Slicks, Homostupids, Pink Reason, probably forgetting some and haven't heard everything. Heard the 'Gangbangs LP the other night, and it sounded really good.

Biggest disappointments that I keep hearing everyone mention for best album - Hex Dispensers (rote genre workout) and Golden Boys (listened a dozen times and couldn't name a song). Both are running on past achievements, or something. Neither is awful, but they don't compare to the ones listed above.

I heard that Chicago show sucked for every band, and they were all better in Milwaukee the next night. Cococoma's a good live band (every time), but their records are just average. Headache City's gone down the toilet, used to love 'em but I couldn't even make it through their set on Saturday. Everything Kevin said about Hue Blanc is true, very honest and the music is dense and not a "first listen" deal. I think Cheater Slicks are a fair comparison, not musically but in terms of difficulty. They don't play to or for anyone, which is part of their magic as well as the madness behind their flaws (and there are many).
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:38 pm

PILE O' MEAT.
I agree.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:46 pm

I "know" what all you people are saying when you talk about the Cheater Slicks like they're some kinda inscrutable rock gods that only you guys have the brains and taste and snot-crusted sleeves to appreciate, but it just ain't the way it is. I play 'em when I DJ all the time, 2 songs from 'Yer Last Record' last night, and people seem to dig it.

The lesson is: If you like to drink, then yer gonna dig (atleast a little) The Slicks.

And before any of you fuckers get up in arms, I've seen the Cheater Slicks play about 10 times, so I don't wanna hear it (I've seen droves of people leave during their sets before, and, yes, those people suck etc.).
Forget it, you are all special and God wipes yr nose with an extra long sleeve.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 4:49 pm

I'm just going by the fact that it took me quite a while to jump from "The Cheater Slicks are a good band" to "The Cheater Slicks are an amazing band," plus seeing a lot of people over the years jump from anti- to bandwagon. And outside of a couple exceptions, they're generally a room clearer.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 5:39 pm

i'm on the HBJO rule (well, even more than that - i think they're pretty mind-blowing) side of things and while I can go on and on about 'em, I'll spare you all. They are extremely honest and don't play for anyone but themselves - they are family men in a butt-fuck (but pretty) nowhere town (wait, Algoma IS a city) in Northern Wisconsin...and having been a fan from day one and paying attention to everyone's comments on 'em, they are very polarizing and I don't think it's snobby at all to say "either you get it or you don't." Judging from people's responses to 'em over the years, that's simply just the case. I've tried myself to argue my way into getting some friends to understand, but they just say they're boring and leave it at that. So, I don't know. I stopped trying.

re: cococomas - i have a big problem with egos and I have to say, dude, you're in a band that people really, really like and it's just such a turn-off hearing some of the things you guys say about current bands (and even about your own band). Or maybe the way I read it anyway....I don't know, I just think some people need to bite their tongues on some things or maybe just not be so harsh, I guess (you're a performer and song-writer).

Lord knows I've had to bite my tongue on CoCoComas the past couple years.

Also, I think the Cheater Slicks are a very fair comparison -(also, there are people out there who DON"T READ MESSAGE BOARDS with opinions on these bands). To me, people either LOVE the Slicks or can't stand 'em.

As far as Arriere Garde goes (as being a top LP of the year), all I have to say is that I've had the alb for awhile and still think the 1st one blows this one out of the water - I actually like the one that Dale is potentially gonna put out even more than this one. I still really, really like it though (if anyone cares).

one more thing: Hue's song titles are super gay.

my favorite new things:
Crooked Lake - GNL
Pile 'O Meat - HG
Holy Shit! (BFF!)
Grinderman
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:11 pm

I'm not sure how/why this has become a cococoma vs. hue blanc thread...admittedly, Bill WAS a bit harsh to say "they sucked" and they did sound a WHOLE lot better in Milwaukee. One thing Bill doesn't have is an ego and I think a lot of people who know him will attest to that... He simply says what he thinks about music AS DO A WHOLE LOTTA other people here. I know Bill just gets fed up with people who state OPINIONS as FACTS (ie: SO AND SO IS GENIUS AND IF YOU DON'T GET IT YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC IS NOT VALID!) Obviously no one that is playing in bands on this board gives a shit (or shouldn't at least) about what other people think...we ALL play/rip off the music we love and you can take it or leave it. Defend your friend's bands, you should...but don't get fucking mystified if/when other people aren't into it.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:14 pm | Edited by: clif

I'm getting in real late on the HBJO"s vs. COCoCoComas, but I thought Hue Blanc's ruled on saturday and have the tape to comfirm it. Their songs are just great. I love the two drummer's in total sync with each other and casey and ted's lyrics have a unique perspective. Great, great band.

They're one of the few bands I will drive two hours to see when they are the only band on the bill i'm interested in. Case in point, friday night. The last band I would do that for was Lost Sounds.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:21 pm | Edited by: LisaLisa

Lord knows I've had to bite my tongue on CoCoComas the past couple years.

There is no reason to censor yourself...if you don't like it let people know why... one of the great things about this board is the unbiased opinions and you take those bits of info from other people and decide if you want to buy a record or go see a show. Case in point, Todd's right about the CoCoComa records he has...they aren't our best work...I think the LP is the first thing we've done that represents how we actually sound.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:42 pm

Anybody who's seen Cococoma live and didn't like them is an enemy of fun.

Now, back to my rote genre workout! Heh heh.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:44 pm

Hue Blanc's Joyless Ones have been on a downhill path in my opinion. I think a handful of their early songs are catchy and great but I think they've gotton worse. Lots of their songs just dont stand out anymore.

Cococoma are still great. Super catchy songs. Thats what I like. Headache City is boring shit.

My picks:
Demons Claws - Satan's Little Pet Pig
Goodnight Loving - Crooked Lake
Brutal Knights - Feast of Shame
VOLT - Lp
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:54 pm

Yeah, I don't see why any of this has to be personal. Hue doesn't care. Cococoma/H City folks are very nice. My opinion is that Hue Blanc is a tougher entry level than most bands, and they do have flaws (they play the 10 new songs they wrote that month a lot of times instead of a set of their best work, Ted's ballads are pointless and they don't know how to sequence a set), but overall they're one of the best out there. I never felt that a lot of people would like HBJOs, and I figured they would polarize a lot of people. But they're unique, possess rarely subtly for a rnr band and have released as many great songs as anyone over the past couple years.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 6:55 pm

I think the LP is the first thing we've done that represents how we actually sound.

totally fucking on the money.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:03 pm

I'm not sure how/why this has become a cococoma vs. hue blanc thread

I think this had something to do with it

Hue Blancs Joyless Ones?

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:06 pm

one of the great things about this board is the unbiased opinions and you take those bits of info from other people and decide if you want to buy a record or go see a show. Case in point, Todd's right about the CoCoComa records he has...they aren't our best work...I think the LP is the first thing we've done that represents how we actually sound.

I agree that it can be helpful to read up on what other people are buying, and listen to their responses and everything. I bought Haunted George and Hex Dispensers records based solely on the opinions of other people...I had no idea what I was buying. Now those two records have become favorites!!!

However, some things you like may never really appeal to anybody else. I'm not sure if there is anyone else out there who shares my somewhat unhealthy obsession with horror classics such as Phantasm, and Silver Bullet. These are treasures to me, and sub-par to other people. Fuck them. The part in Silver Bullet where the old guy is pouring the molten silver and making the silver bullet?!?!?! That shit brings a tear to my eye!

Also, I really like the first CoCoComa 45's, even if Lisa says they aren't their best work. Premonition is so creepy and mean sounding on that first record! I love it!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:06 pm | Edited by: Dick Trickle

one of the great things about this board is the unbiased opinions
Plus you are free to say yr pussy smells like carp as you eat a bag of dick you fucking dog shit smelling fag. Now, that's entertainment.

I'm not sure how/why this has become a cococoma vs. hue blanc thread

I'll take the Stones over the Beatles.
Brian Jones RIP
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:08 pm

Hue Blancs Joyless Ones?

well, yeah, he said he doesn't like the band...he didn't say MY BAND is better and the "with it" comment was sarcastic (Bill's sarcasm is like the Cheater Slicks...some people just dont get it.)
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:09 pm

Stephanie,

About the stuff I'm potentially gonna put out. I hope it's soon. Life sorta got thrown off the rails a lot around here the past year.

Maybe the small northern great lakes town thing is the appeal to some and the turn off to others. To me the stuff makes perfect sense.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:16 pm | Edited by: dale

well, yeah, he said he doesn't like the band...he didn't say MY BAND is better and the "with it" comment was sarcastic (Bill's sarcasm is like the Cheater Slicks...some people just dont get it.)

But the poster name says Cococoma...everyone here knows it's Bill but that statement was posted under the band's name so it can, in a way, be read as blanket statement or a brag.

I only saw your band once. In K-zoo opening for Jack O. Maybe not the best night or something. I liked Headache City that evening.

Let's say I started posting under my band's name and I said some other band sucked. How long do you think it would take til someone returned the volley?
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:22 pm

I only saw your band once. In K-zoo opening for Jack O. Maybe not the best night or something. I liked Headache City that evening.

That was our second show ever...we don't play any of those songs anymore and the lineups not the same...you still may not care for us and that is ok. Thank you for your honesty.

Let's say I started posting under my band's name and I said some other band sucked. How long do you think it would take til someone returned the volley?

valid point.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:23 pm

everyone here knows it's Bill but that statement was posted under the band's name so it can, in a way, be read as blanket statement or a brag.

hmmm, if everyone knows it's bill then the only way it could be read as a blanket statement or brag is if that's how the reader wanted to interpret it. someone who didn't know it was just bill could justifiably be confused i think.

but fuck it, i'm not gonna get into the semantics of language, i'm just looking for more records to buy.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:27 pm

Find a used copy of T Rex 'Electric Warrior' if you don't own it. There's still days where I can listen to that record over and over.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:29 pm

Get a copy of the Human Beinz "Evolutions" LP and send it to me!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:31 pm

ht jack stands got it packaged up and just have to put the address on and ship it.

hey dude, i paid for one and it hasn't turned up. don't have your email address. i'm at aninfection @ yahoo

i'll cast another vote with the rest of the herd. i got more enjoyment out of the golden boys record this year then any others. the busy signals lp is getting a lot of play the past couple weeks. also dug the cpc gangbangs a bunch.

right now i'm all over this new comp, the roots of chicha: psychedelic cumbias from peru. some of this is as good as the best tropicalia.

http://barbesrecords.com/rootsofchicha.html
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:35 pm

If anybody gets their copy of the Last Sons Of Krypton lp and they hate it, I would like to purchase your copy so that I can enjoy an lp from Wisconsin too.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:45 pm

It sounds like shit (the LSOK record), and makes me wish I would have just gone through with a real LP. But I only have one copy & I'm not gonna sell it.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:52 pm

damn flexible records.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 7:59 pm

chocolat ep - amazing! sexy! quebecois!
billy childish and the MBE - amalgalm of all things billy rock; solid solid!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 8:09 pm

It sounds like shit (the LSOK record), and makes me wish I would have just gone through with a real LP. But I only have one copy & I'm not gonna sell it.

Well you could have put it out so it didn't sound like shit but you pussed out using a lame excuse(RJ trial) as an excuse.

So get to it and put it out properly so more than 25 people can hear it, it's not like you have a wife or kids burning a hole in yer bank account.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 8:18 pm

chocolat ep - amazing! sexy! quebecois!

Yeah, I like this one too.

CPC Gangbangs have become one of my favorite bands of late, but I still don't have that LP (heard it/need it).

I am also stoked on getting the Busy Signals and Cococoma LPs and might even take a dip into the Joyless One's. Saw 'em once a couple years ago, and I dug it. Got a sorta ragged Creedence thing from it.

My favorite LP last night was Replacements' 'Hootenanny.' Why do people think 'Let It Be' is so great, but sleep on 'Hoot'? Realized the Black Lips are maybe trying to hit that note....
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 8:26 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

Well, as far as me not liking CoCoComa, it's not that I have anything real strong to say about you. It's not that I hate you guys or anything, it's more so that I don't understand what it is about you guys that makes people go on about it. That's all. I've seen you guys several times and each time, I make a conscious effort to try and "get into it", but can't seem to. Seriously! And I do respect that there's a female guitar player in the band who can hold her own among the good male guitar players out there. I just don't like your guys' songs. So, yeah. Part of it, too, is that I don't think that what I have to say about a band I don't like should necessarily influence someone's decision on whether or not to buy a rec, you know? Not that people were paying attention to begin with!!

and I actually did care enough once to e-mail a friend who's musical opinions I trust a lot and ask what the deal was and was given, "well, they're real goner-friendly" and had to realize, yeah, I'm reading raves about 'em on the goner board and Goner did put out a couple releases - so, duh!

And something else to be said: For me, of some of the current musicians that I respect so much, a lot of it is what they don't say that factors in. Or adds to, rather. Or whathaveyou. If that makes sense.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 8:44 pm

lps i bought this year i really like:
cococoma
carbonas
brimstone howl
hugh blanc
eddy current suppression ring
lover
hex dispensers
and probably more.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 8:56 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

I don't like Stephanie's posts very much either. So maybe you guys are even?
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:06 pm

oh, also, Lisa, you made a comment about Bill's sarcasm- yes, it was definitely lost on me then (the "i'm pretty with it" thing).
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:10 pm

Nice and juicy thread! Keep up the arguing and NO ONE is getting album of the year! Now go fit into your jeans
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:20 pm

oh, also, Lisa, you made a comment about Bill's sarcasm- yes, it was definitely lost on me then (the "i'm pretty with it" thing).

Boy, I'm not getting away with shit today! You Wisconsin-ers are tough!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:20 pm

YEAH! this is great! lisa gave me 'a look' this weekend!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:27 pm

AH! this is great! lisa gave me 'a look' this weekend!

wha??? like a mean look or a come hither look? who are you?
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:27 pm

You Wisconsin-ers are tough!

More like stupid? (Except Todd.)
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:30 pm

I was adopted.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:31 pm

I love Ted's ballads!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:34 pm

I think Stephanie would be more at home on Termbo. It's like the child's table of internet message boards. Say hi to Mike Stiper for me!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:41 pm

think Stephanie would be more at home on Termbo

pfft, yeah right! I have NO idea what people are talking about half the time!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:45 pm

It's like the child's table of internet message boards.

This is pretty funny. I can picture the letters and numbers with the magnets on the back.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:46 pm

wha??? like a mean look or a come hither look? who are you?

more like a... 'get out my fuckin' way, im in cococoma and im gonna kick your ass and shuv you in my big kick drum'
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:48 pm

more like a... 'get out my fuckin' way, im in cococoma and im gonna kick your ass and shuv you in my big kick drum'

wasn't personal, i'm sure... i get cranky when i'm tired and have been drinking for 6 hours. still, have we met?
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 9:57 pm

for as long as i've known her that's been her default setting.
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:00 pm

This might be helpful
http://www.pitchformula.com/
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:04 pm

I can't wait for my Dictators rarities double album to get here (if Billy and Miriam will ever send it! Norton gets a big F- on the mailorder these days (my Alarm Clocks album was so warped I never play it!) Between that and Matt Verda Ray I'm this close to issuing a boycott. (Even though they sent me an insulting Figures Of Light autographed single that's also so warped it'll barely play.) Sheesh!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:12 pm

wasn't personal, i'm sure... i get cranky when i'm tired and have been drinking for 6 hours. still, have we met?

not really! yer always too busy kickin someones ass or tryin to sell cococoma frisbees!
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 10:22 pm

A lot of decent albums this year, but not one who particularly stands out and really made a landmark. I'd go for the Cheater Slicks and the Golden Boys and Fireworks so far....
Off the Air was 2007, wasn't it?
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 12:40 am

Now, back to my rote genre workout! Heh heh.

How many calories does that burn anyway? Let me open my Generic Rock Crit Phrase Book and find out...
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 12:59 am

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:00 am

an error has occured

Nice way to talk about your kid.
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:04 am

Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:06 am

muuuuuuuch better.
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:07 am

Chuck E. Cheese is the absolute worst place to spend a hangover, apart from 201 Poplar.
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:12 am

it's soooo ghetto; hope 201 Poplar has better music. one of the moms, however, brought in a flask of padron so it was more bearable than usual. brighter colors and what not.

NP
Green Manalishi

but i want judas priests' version!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:15 am

201 Poplar

the local pokey.

Sure The Chuckster has enough hot soccer moms for me to write an entire novel to Penthouse Forum, but damn, that shit's so noisy and grating, one visit and banned would think it was the greatest show he ever went to.
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:18 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

In fact, banned, that is your new outlet. Write the next great american novel based on this.

I was trippin balls by the whack-a-mole game, staring down some serious soccer mom action, when my cheese pizza arrived, floating on the shoulders of a fat, acne-pocked teen. And then came the fucking mouse...
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:26 am

Forget it, you are all special and God wipes yr nose with an extra long sleeve.

I saw Cheater Slicks for the first times twelve years ago and had heard them here and there ever since but only got into them over the past year or so.
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:28 am

And then came the fucking mouse...

acting like he wasn't the biggest loser of all, as if Wisconsin is really a place, not a state of oppression, and when lame Chuck E. leaned down I whispered in his large left ear...
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:35 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

..."I know your fucking face. You're the asshole who left me for dead at that bar in Stalingrad when I was twelve. I have something for you."
I grabbed the butter knife and pulled the fuzzy twat close. "I fucked your sister. She wanted me to piss on her, but I told her she was too stupid to be 35 years old", and I stabbed him on the nose. Stupid fucking rat.
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:54 am

Green Manalishi

but i want judas priests' version!

i want hugo strasser's version!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 1:55 am

fag
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 2:09 am

Headache City is not boring!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 2:09 am

bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands bands
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 5:05 am

Headache City is not boring!

I agree! THEY'RE GRRRRRRRRRREAT!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 6:03 am

Headache City is boring!

totally agree!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 6:08 am | Edited by: idiot string

demons claws were okay tonight. i like the old lineup better. more energy! the songs are still great though!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 6:13 am

more guitar!
Posted: Nov 6, 2007 6:14 am

the whole keyboard in everything makes me crazy
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®