Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Jay Leno Get Off the Air!
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 5:48 pm

It's not your writers, Jay, it's YOU!

You're not funny or even the least bit entertaining!

and stop sucking up to Arnold.

and i'm sick as shit of hearing about your stupid car collection
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 5:59 pm

Yeah, he sucks. Not funny at all. Neither was Bob Hope.
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 6:30 pm

Jay Leno, the not funny fred flintstone/fred savage lookalike, tv guy. STILL worthless
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 6:42 pm

I think you have to be old and republican to find him funny
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 6:46 pm

OH NO, WHAT DID HE SAY THIS TIME?!?!?!
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 7:25 pm

Leno actually used to be a pretty funny stand-up act back in the early-mid 80's, but when he started subbing for Carson, he became less and less funny. I don't know what happened to him. By the time he took over the Tonight Show, he was the unfunniest man on the planet (that role is now held by Carson Daly, though.) Watching him is painful.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 12:42 am

i think hes alright but i hate tv in general. letterman sure isnt any funnier.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 12:50 am

At least Letterman occassionally fucks with difficult interview subjects, Leno just does the standard softball questions. I like how, at times, Dave Letterman can barely contain his contempt for some of his guests, Paris Hilton being the most recent example that comes to mind.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 1:19 am

michael richards interview was hillarious.

"Afro-Americans"
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 1:39 am

Leno is where "celebrities gone bad" types go to show remorse because they know Jay plays nice. He's a bore.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 1:43 am

theyre ALL boring.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 11:02 am

Dave Letterman can barely contain his contempt for some of his guests, Paris Hilton being the most recent example that comes to mind.

That was toooooo funny. So was the time he interviewed Borat.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 5:10 pm

He was a funny stand up for a few minutes in mid 80's. Richard Lewis, Bill Hicks, Emo, Steve Wright, Shandling were all pushing one another to pretty high heights.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 5:16 pm

They all suck. Letterman hasn't been funny since Chris Elliot left the show. The glory days of late night NYC will never be beat: Johnny Carson, Tom Snyder, Uncle Floyd and Joe Franklin with Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and Fernwood Tonight on too! Not to mention weekends with Saturday Night Live,Midnight Special and Don Kirschner's rock Concert.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 5:18 pm

Mary Hartman and Fernwood Tonight

I agree with my cousin--except about Franklin!!--and would add Soap
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 6:27 pm

Fernwood Tonight was awesome! Yeah, at least Letterman was funny at one point. Elliot leaving was a major strike against him, and the death knell was post-surgery - not even a hint of an edge after that.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 7:00 pm

I think Letterman is still pretty funny when he's interviewing people...but he just kinda seems bored now.
I still think Conan is hilarious though, no matter what anyone says.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 10:00 pm

Given the choice, I'd pick Letterman over Leno. Leno has never been even remotely entertaining.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 10:03 pm

and he has a speech impediment. drives me crazy. i keep thinking hes going to drool.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 11:06 pm

tim conway was funny
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 11:24 pm

Tim Conway was much MUCH funnier.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 11:25 pm

They're all fucked if the writer's strike happens. Good riddance. They'll probably just get writers who suck even more to do it though.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 1:26 am

leno has a his own column in popular mechanics mag. he had a pretty cool article on electric cars one month recently. I don't think he is super funny, but at least he isn't Carson Daly. In other news, does anyone remember a guy named Sal who used to dress like joey ramone, and creep people out at the map room? He would always talk about the fact that he was the one who wrote Chinese Rocks, like he was DeDe or something. Anyway, who the hell was that guy? I guess I started to think about this last night at Teresa K's art show for some reason.
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 2:09 am

a guy named Sal who used to dress like joey ramone, and creep people out

I remember Sal. Haven't seen him in years.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®