on the train, sitting, waiting
loud bang
smoke
people running past my car covering their mouths
me, knocking down a pregnant lady
safety
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 3:37 am

I was on that train too!

I was waiting on the platform at Lake, when the train pulled in, thinking great, here comes another fucking train too full to board. Then smoke, then boom, then people running. I thought, fucking pussies. Train emptied, I boarded, 10 mins later we were moving and I had a seat! My lucky day.
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 3:41 am

When we have the service cuts there will be less of these rolling firebombs to worry about. Everybody wins.
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 3:41 am

what are the odds that three goners were on that train?
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 5:35 am

hmmm.
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 5:35 am

termiwar vs. turdkeys!
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 2:44 pm

it was moving in 10 min! i thought for sure that train was fucked. that smoke was enough to make me get the fuck out of there. my downstairs neighbor was on the train that derailed this past spring or summer. his story of walking through the tunnel w/ smoke and using his cell phone for light was enough to make me get the fuck out.
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 3:13 pm

i was on the blue line just after the madrid bombings so people were a little jumpy. something happened with the breaks and you could smell them overheating. once we got to jackson they were really smoking and there was a minor panic. this one dude PLOWED through the train and up the stairs to get off first. real nice, hero.
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 4:28 pm

Flamers.
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 3:56 am

Yep. 10 mins, no mention by conductor what the problem was. It even ran express from Clark/Lake to Damen, so I got home super quick that day!
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 2:28 pm

i got screwed.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®