Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I broke my fucking ankle
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:57 am

In TWO places and tore the ligaments. I now have to have surgery and get a metal plate and screws put in there. I also have to drive 3000 miles across country with a broken ankle. AND I have never broken a bone before and this could be the most inoppertune time for this to happen.

Good side: Percocets. 75 of em.

Bad side: May not be able to start my new job @ Trashcans hot dog joint.

Any other goners broken this seemingly extremely fragile joint??
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:59 am

you're not gonna explain how this happened?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:02 am

Oh, I was watching "Americas Next Top Band" (I'm sure you can all relate) and I leapt up to fix the antenna and when I did that, I heard three VERY LOUD pops, and I said to my husband "I think I just broke my ankle". Very freaking bizarre. The doctors didn't believe me, but it's true!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:02 am

whoa...yeah....the ligaments hurt way worse than the ankle...believe me...that blows.....
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:03 am | Edited by: Jack Stands

Pretty sure dtrain knows a thing or two about fucked ankles.
I think he's half robot.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:03 am

It is SO FUCKING PAINFUL.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:05 am

Oh Bowie, I was just thinking about you earlier today.
More specifically, I was thinking about your Rush tattoo.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:06 am

ankles heal fast; ligaments in 4-6 months

sry

at least it wasn't during america's hot dancer show; and invest in cable
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:08 am

You mean if you'd have had cable, you'd still be walking? I don't think they've ever harnessed the full marketing potential of that....
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:08 am

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:11 am

Well, I am currently watching cable cause we had to get a hotel room cause the movers already came and I can't sit comfortably anywhere but on a bed with my foot high in the air, so we had to spend 100 bucks for two nights in a hotel.

The doctors ALMOST didn't let us leave cause they wanted to keep me to have surgery and recoup here. We had to explain that my husband leaves for Kuwait in one month and we had to get to Tacoma to get settled first. This whole thing has been a total nightmare.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:12 am

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPF7tCQq3g0

Oh, fuck. Thats what it sounded like, only THREE times.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:23 am

ugh...I've broken way to many bones to even REMOTELY enjoy that......
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:24 am

The falling down and screaming part is pretty much exactly how it happened with me.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:05 am | Edited by: jenna

ligaments don't heal. i believe they have to be ripped out and replaced.

kuwait? oh my god.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:11 am

as long as the rush tat is safe you'll be fine.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:12 am

kuwait? oh my god.

He signed up for it. Kuwait's a good gig.
My brother leaves in December for his second tour.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:30 am

ligaments don't heal

no. they don't. i broke mine and tore all the ligaments on my tibiula. (msp?) and it hurt like a motherfucker. i was running with my dog and i heard it happen too. sounded like snapping sticks or something. and i stayed on crutches for nearly 4 months. it's the pits.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:39 am

take care Jen, that totally sucks. if necessary, we can pitch in and liquefy all your meals.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:05 am

they heal eventually...I never had mine replaces....it just takes for fucking ever...same with tendons..
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:06 am

replaced...sorry
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:26 am

boo!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:06 pm

Zolar X was just on America's next top band
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Did the Doctors keep asking you if you "felt safe at home?"
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:44 pm

it just takes for fucking ever...same with tendons..

yep. my girlfriend sprained AND broke (actually pretty minor, just a chip really) her ankle. she's still not over it. her phyisical therapist said since she's been babying it to long with an ankle brace the scar tissue has fused the joint and she HAS to work it out of it will stay that way. she can walk fine, but running is out for now.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:48 pm

ouch, sorry to hear

yeah, dtrain has a metal plate and screws in his ankle, talk to him.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:58 pm

YES! And kept looking at my husband who was sitting right next to me! I couldn't believe it!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:23 pm

YES! And kept looking at my husband who was sitting right next to me! I couldn't believe it!

that's exactly what they were referring to! get out now!!!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:37 pm

You wonder if, when you leave, they sit around and talk about how you're a poor, weak, battered woman with a cad for a man.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:55 pm

I broke mine stepping into an open sewer, it was a fracture on the outside. It was minor but really hurt. It took about a year to get back to normal.

The bright side is --- scratching under the cast with a bent coat hanger feels REALLY GOOD. but wait until the swelling goes down!

and when you finally get the cast off and can really scratch -- it's better than sex....
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:27 pm

even sex with a coathanger...
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:51 pm

BTW- my husband has been unbelievably awesome. Not only taking care of all the shit he has to do to get out of here, but he also put me in bed in a hotel and went back and cleaned the apt from top to bottom and then came home long enough to bring me a couple beers and make sure I am ok before going back to take care of more bullshit. Lucky me I married the best guy in the world. Even though I look and feel like shit, he is still fawning over me. I am so lucky, even with a excrucaitingly painful injury.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:52 pm

Ok, commence puking. I know its gross, but I just had to rave about how good I've got it.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:58 pm

CLOSER TOOOOO THE HEAAAAAART!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 10:07 pm

I broke my fucking ankle

and you broke my fucking heart.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 10:08 pm

came home long enough to bring me a couple beers
He should've bought you some milk. Drink more milk.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 10:14 pm

I broke my fucking ankle

and you broke my fucking heart.

YEAH, KARMA'S A BITH, RUSH-WRIST!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 10:41 pm

came home long enough to bring me a couple beers
He should've bought you some milk. Drink more milk.

Just trying to make the percocets do their job.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®