Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Jay Reatard - In the Dark
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:44 am

What songs come on this EP? Is it any good? Is it still available?
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:34 pm

tough crowd!
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:53 pm

from grunnen rocks...

In The Dark 7" (Squoodge Records, 2007, 17.39)
In The Dark
Searching For You
Haunting You

i dont have this one -- seemed like a straight to ebay manufactured rarity - fuck it
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 4:16 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

seemed like a straight to ebay manufactured rarity - fuck it

Maybe, but I was able to order straight from Squoodge when it came out. "In the Dark" is great; it was on Jay's myspaces page for a while (which is how I found out about the imminent release of the single and was able to snag a copy). "Searching for You" and "Haunting You" are both demo/alternate versions of two songs on Blood Visions, but with different titles. They're both rawer & louder than the LP versions, and both cool.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Ahh word. I'll have to keep an eye out on the internet for this then. Thanks guys.
hookorcrook
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:27 pm

mitch cardwell has a bummer story about trying to order this. the guy oversold it by a lot and then wrote the same form letter to a few people who know each other angrily claiming in the same words that it must have been stolen in the mail. barry who owns red revil records in san rafael got ripped for like $120, Mitch lost $30 or so.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Hah ridiculous. Well, given what they have as evidence, the numerous e-mails that is, they should be able to press him for their money back. Who's the guy that ripped them off?
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 5:55 pm

I pre-ordered 2 copies after the Squoodge dude emailed me a month before the singles were supposed to be released (April?). Around July, I decided to drop a polite email to see what was what and got a pretty angry reply saying the my neighbors obviously stole my shit (my neighbors, in this case, being either postal workers or owners of the PO boxes surrounding mine) and that I must be stupid to think that I actually would recieve the records without insuring the post (which wasn't an option offered, but whatever). So yeah, never got nothing. I know other U.S. folks got their stuff direct from the guy, so apparently it was just a couple of us left in the cold.

Needless to say, I'm in the market for a copy of this...will trade or pay.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 6:31 pm

just for the record, jay wasn't too happy about the way this happened, either.

should come out on the singles comp (whoops, was i supposed to say that?)
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 6:35 pm

whoops, stock just dropped 5.37%
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:13 pm

haha, let's wait for the Matador singles before that singles comp, eh fellas?
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:16 pm

Yeah FUCK Squoodge Records !!! This guy ripped me and fans of my records off on this project ... He pressed a run of 49 six inch square records with a different sleeve with out even asking me... Then had a buddy put a few on ebay at over $250.00 bucks a pop.. I'm really sorry to anyone who got ripped... Funny thing is that he ha shad the balls to ask me to do another one... Uh no thanks ...
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:21 pm

haha...

Ironically, when you go the Squoodge Records page, the first thing you see is, "THE RIP-OFFS".
hookorcrook
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:57 pm

i was pretty bummed when i bought that rip offs 7", i put it on and its just the same thing from the Texas Speed Trials LP. I guess that was already common knowledge but i didnt know.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Oh man...this guy is outta hand. I think I'm gonna write about this Squoodge Records nonsense on my blog and trash them. Anyone else have any good/bad encounters with this label?
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 8:52 pm

I'm certainly glad I'm too lazy to fuck with currency conversion and international shipping. Sucks you got ripped off.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 8:54 pm

i bought mine for $5, thanks jay!
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 9:53 pm

Who is this Austrian knucklehead?
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 10:05 pm

they call him the working man
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 1:08 am

Hey, does anyone have a ripped version of this that they could send me? Since it's super-rare and not even for sale anymore, there should be no problems with this, ja?
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 4:29 am

Ditto
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 5:36 am

If Jay's okay with it, I'll rip and upload my copy.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 4:31 pm

Or maybe Jay could put 'em on his fancy new blog instead of more wiener pictures.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 4:44 pm

uh, not safe for humans.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 4:57 pm

That's gonna leave a mark....on my pysche
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:07 pm

Pheezy,

As the record is out of print and was difficult to get, I doubt he'd mind.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:27 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

As the record is out of print and was difficult to get, I doubt he'd mind.

But then there's:

So maybe he might mind?
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:45 pm

Well, at least the guy responds; I'm still waiting for records that I paid Jay for some 14 months ago, and he stopped answering my emails almost as long ago, too.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:57 pm

Who actually made mention of the singles comp?

I thought that was just some unfounded rumor.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 5:02 pm

Single comps are for sell outs. I bet it comes out on Matador.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 5:17 pm

rich riggler
Member Posted: Oct 26, 2007, 11:02 am Quote

Single comps are for sell outs. I bet it comes out on Matador.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®