Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:31 am

I don't *_feel_* out-of-tune!
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:35 am

ilovealaska (2 weeks ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
0 Poor comment Good comment
(Reply) (Spam)
Eds guitar sounds like a howling cat !
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:43 am

Another hint...Wolfgang isn't singing OR playing bass. Watch his hands. Notes appear when he hits nothing. And, he strums notes off time that AREN'T heard when completely different notes are heard from another bass player/bass track. He's not playing or singing.

It absolutely amazes me how Roth hasn't come out of the closet yet. And, no one calls him on it. The phallic microphone sealed the deal. He's a pole smoker for sure. Looks like a gay Liberace Zorro imitator. He sounds 10 times better than he has in the last 15 years though. But, he's a brownie browneye fan.

Dude u guys are all wrong... i play keyboard andi can play this piece... i learned it from the origional recording and its played with a C in the bass and the first chord is a G... i just checked this one out and its played with a C# bass and the chords start on G#... sooo basically thers1 reason... either the keyboard he uses woz transposed for a song that they played b4 jump and the dude forgot to transpose back down...

All you fuckheads in here talking trash about the real Van Halen....fuck off and go see your boy Spammy Hagar playing at your local clambake or church picnic....his fat ass will be jiggling for your pleasure while he sings about aliens downloading shit into his brain!

wolfie is not playing bass, who's playing bass at 1:10 when wolfies handing out a pick and at 1;25 when he's messing with his sleeve or at 1;35 when he's itching his nose? hey hunkola i bet you loved it when dave was bouncing on that BIG microphone didn't you?

i think it is live bass. he doesn't pull his hand away but a moment and the song is in A so he can play the open A without his left hand. no matter what technical snafu occured we still know that eddie van halen is amazing and a legend and is one of the greatest guitarist alive.

plus C# is is for retards. that would mean you have double sharps, which is not only really "fun" to write and to think in, but is just what an uneducated person would say. lets put it in the flat key.

you people are ate up man! get a grip on life they have not been playing together for 23 years they might need a little time to get warmed up and get back into the groove of things give them a break i dont see you people doing shit but running your mouth get a life if you dont like it dont listen to the shit

What's weird is that he spends a couple of minutes hunting for a key that ain't concert pitch when he could have used the droning 2 minutes of open string to actually tune the forkin' thing to the wav ... hold a note at a time each string til yer in tune ... couldn't take but a 1/2 a minute ..... ohhhhh right .. drugs ... forgot ;))
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:46 am

screw you guys. your all idiots.i was at the cleveland show and it was the most hard core bad ass party rock concert there ever was. everything was spot on. this was just a stupid mistake. no band is perfect.none of us could tour 30 cities in our early 50's without screwing something up. who gives a shit. it was still fucking amazing.

Why is it that neo-conservatards can't behave themselves at any time, ever?
Fuck you aunty marxjism for your "high school paper music critic" response.
It's HILARIOUS when people who HAVE NOTHING TO DO with the situation take it personally. Except it's SAD in your case because YOU'RE 40. You're a middle-aged joke!

The "keys" are sharp, but the guitar sounds out of tune string-to-string. EVH's timing seems weird, as well.

ebbie van heelun like to sux niggers fdik

"..may very well be sharp compared to the orig recording"

Your stupidity is overwhelming. EVH's guitar was FLAT to the live keyboard synth. You are dumb enough to think that it was a debate on who was the "sharpest"?......haha! You just proved that you (a non-musician) have learned all your terminology from this particular comment board. What a moron
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:50 am

theyre out of tune that whole show

sounds like peavey
wonder how he feels about that endorsement deal now, or is he just too drunk to give a shit?
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:53 am

GO Holywood reporter.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:55 am

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:58 am

start at 4:00... for proof he has no memory of his own material and a thousand hacks in any city could probably do an equally or more credible version...
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:59 am

still a thousand times better than springsteen.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:03 am

I request a "guitar-off" between Highway Star and uncledaddy.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:04 am

Rolling Stone Magazine lost ALL credibility when they ranked EVH as 70th greatest guitarist of all time.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:08 am

plus C# is is for retards.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:09 am

your all idiots their not out of tune
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:52 am

I didn't go to the show @ The Q, but I had a friend pick me up a shirt. A modest $40.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Rolling Stone Magazine lost ALL credibility when they ranked EVH as 70th greatest guitarist of all time.

good point but the list could not go to 3,438th best guitarist
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 4:17 pm

He's probably my least favorite guitarist ever.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 4:48 pm

It's like watching "Guitar Center: The Movie"
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:13 pm

He's probably my least favorite guitarist ever.

i agree absolutely.

i like the guy from Flock of Seagulls better.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:24 pm

It absolutely amazes me how Roth hasn't come out of the closet yet. And, no one calls him on it. The phallic microphone sealed the deal. He's a pole smoker for sure. Looks like a gay Liberace Zorro imitator.

maybe, but i swear i could smell the beaver on him through the tv screen when i'd watch those videos back in the day.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 6:30 pm

It's like watching "Guitar Center: The Movie"

hahahahaha
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 9:16 pm

Van Halen is of the greatest rock bands, ever.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 9:42 pm

although his bass playing isnt essential, Mike Anthony's harmony vocals are...his high pitch shit is as much the Van Halen sound as Eddie's guitar...
sucks he aint involved in this...
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 9:57 pm

Van Halen is one of the shittiest rock bands, ever.

I corrected your grammar.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 11:14 pm

Just went to see them twice in shit-cago. They fucking rocked! especially thursday nite... Fuck all of you!
as a side note, it really was too bad Michael Anthony did not join them for this reunion. He is a highly underrated bass player.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 12:26 am

he must be really good since he was easily replaced by a 16 year old with zero band experience.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 12:30 am

well, douche, he was too busy hanging out with sammy hagar. Too bad for him (and us).
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 12:48 am

dude, David Lee Roth is one of the best singers! I'd like to see you do better, and unless your name is either Steve Perry or Chris Cornell, thats pretty damn hard...
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:05 am

actually, shithead, he was kicked out of the band. he signed away all of his rights in order to participate in their last reunion.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:28 am

With regard to the Van Halen reunion trek, Anthony claimed he was never even extended an invite. "It's not that I'm not touring with Van Halen because I'm going out with Sammy. I'm going out with Sammy because I was not invited to do the [Van Halen] tour.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:38 am

That's unfortunate.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:40 am

i agree. its not a reunion, its a greatest hits cash grab tour. no new songs, no new record.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:14 am

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:21 am

private void gridRelatedDataRows_ItemCommand(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)

{
int idx=e.Item.ItemIndex;
ArrayList c = new ArrayList();
if( ViewState["RelatedRows"] != null )

{
c = (ArrayList)ViewState["RelatedRows"];

}
int tempCount = c.Count;
RelatedDataRows tempRpm1 = new RelatedDataRows();
RelatedDataRows tempRpm2 = new RelatedDataRows();

if(idx > 0 && e.CommandName == "Up")
{
tempRpm1 = (RelatedDataRows) c[idx];
tempRpm2 = (RelatedDataRows) c[idx - 1];
c.RemoveAt(idx);
c.RemoveAt(idx-1);
c.Insert(idx-1,tempRpm1);
c.Insert(idx,tempRpm2);

}
else if(idx < tempCount-1 && e.CommandName == "Down")
{

tempRpm1 = (RelatedDataRows) c[idx];
tempRpm2 = (RelatedDataRows) c[idx + 1];
c.RemoveAt(idx);
c.RemoveAt(idx);
c.Insert(idx,tempRpm2);
c.Insert(idx+1,tempRpm1);
}

for(int i=0; i<c.Count; i++)
{

RelatedDataRows tempRpm = new RelatedDataRows();
tempRpm = (RelatedDataRows)c[i];

if(i == 0)
{
tempRpm.HeaderMessage="<b>Data Row Description</b>";
}

else
tempRpm.HeaderMessage="<b>which is a:</b>";

c.RemoveAt(i);
c.Insert(i,tempRpm);
}

ViewState["RelatedRows"]= c;

this.gridRelatedDataRows.DataSource = c;
this.gridRelatedDataRows.DataBind();

}
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:22 am

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:40 am

its a greatest hits cash grab tour.

Don't care, don't care. I would have loved to have seen the show.

Eddie rips & DLR is quite a showgirl. Fair Warning shredds.

When I got into punk rock, I abandoned all of the 70s rock shit I was weened on. Big mistake. Once I got my head screwed on straight, Bon Scott-AC/DC, DLR-Van Halen, & D'ianno Iron Maiden was as beautiful as ever.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:44 am

you can see it right here and its terrible
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:48 am

i agree. its not a reunion, its a greatest hits cash grab tour. no new songs, no new record.

that is totally fine with me. I could not be less interested in hearing new Van Halen songs. In fact, I would not have gone had it been the intent to play new songs. For me, I was supposed to see them in 84 with my older cousin. (I was ten and they were my first fave band--when I was 8!!!) Finally, after 23 years of waiting, he took me. Both shows were awesome....total money-grab tour, but fuck it. It made me happy. And my cousin paid!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:52 am

i would go see them for free.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 4:19 am

and for the record, "Jump" was the low point of both shows. It was really the older shit, like "i'm the one", "unchained" , "somebody get me a doctor", "little Guitars", and that kind of stuff...."runnin' with the devil", etc., that was just great. Really.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 4:23 am

eruption???

really, im embarrased for him. terrible.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 4:27 am

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:43 am

Are you seriously equating trying to equate Van Halen with Boston?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:07 am | Edited by: bradx

i think i would have rather seen Boston
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:08 am

RIP brad delp
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:13 am

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:15 am

Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:43 am

At least the Dutch have no taste in music at all.

gruppo sportivo?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:24 pm

VAN FUCKING HALEN!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 1:29 pm

At the risk of giving the USA spooks the ammo to torture the fuck out of me in their European sandpits

GITMO is FULL of people who slagged Van Halen...
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:09 pm

I just checked the keyboard parts against calibrated sine waves, and they are indeed out of tune and not calibrated to standard tuning, by less than a half step.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 3:10 pm

You're a calibrated sine wave.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm

i like to subject my wife to dutch ovens......
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:23 pm

I'd rather listen to Boston than Van Halen.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:29 pm

i've never had an VH album, but i'm gonna buy all the early ones i find for cheap. i think they're pretty bad ass.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:09 pm

Early Van Halen is pretty cool. I could live without the guitar histrionics but whatever. Even Hot For Teacher was all right for MTV.

One day during the 90's I stood behind DLR at a coffee shop around the corner from my place on 13th St. He was losing his hair and wearing a backpack. He was great in the 70's and 80's though with the whole US Festival stuff and the brown M & M's and whatnot. Party!

VH > Boston.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:17 pm

Even Hot For Teacher was all right for MTV.

i still dig that song.

and the vid.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:25 pm

Ok, Boston COULD possibly be THE WORST "rock" band on earth next to Jethro Tull, followed by REM and U2. But the last two are of another musical genre---though, still total shit.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:30 pm

boston was just a studio group, and not a "real" band anyway.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:30 pm

Boston RULES! Van Halen RULES! I dunno what problem people have seeing that.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:38 pm

EVH did all that slippery wankin guitar noodle'n stuff but he was (at that time) totally original and he did it musically and knew when not to do it. Of course that gave birth to a decade of horrible wanna-be's, but so what.

Boston was pretty bad ass for what they were worth. Tom Scholz was doing some pretty innovative stuff back then. Can't beat the drummer's whacked out fro. And Brad Delp gets extra point for suicide by bbq.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:48 pm

Boston's first album cracks me up, so I can find some enjoyment there. Van Halen really offers me nothing. Hot For Teacher & Panama & Jamie's Crying are OK songs ruined by the most abysmal guitarist on the planet.

Eddie used to turn around during solos before the first album came out so other guitarists couldn't "steal his revolutionary technique."
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:48 pm

jack oblivian covered Van Halen

1st 6 VH records rule!!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:49 pm

You folks dig Boston too I guess?

Best selling basement DIY band.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 6:49 pm | Edited by: dustymedical

seriously. listen to DOA and tell me it sucks. i dare you!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:09 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

If you dont like the early Van Halen records, you dont like rock music, plain and simple, argue all you want about guitar center wankery or whatever, you are making excuses for having shitty taste in rock music if you are hating on Van Halen for some guitar solos...if you like Boston AND own records by them, well then you are a tasteless dipshit...I cant believe this is even being argued whether or not Van Halen was a kick ass rock n roll band...much less that Boston was a better band...get the fuck outta here with that bullshit...Bradx, dont you have a multi page rant to write about how black people suck or something? You hate Tom Jones, Van Halen AND Led Zep...you must be one of the most unfun douchetards on the Goner board, much less the world...
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:11 pm

If you dont like the early Van Halen records, you dont like rock music, plain and simple,

you said the same thing about KISS (SUCKS!) and Zep, so make that claim all you want, it doesn't mean a fucking thing.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:12 pm

and that was not a dis on van halen.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:24 pm

In a moment, I will discuss my feelings.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:37 pm

If you get this worked up over someone not digging on Van Halen, you're probably more into spandex jumpsuits than rock 'n roll anyway.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm

yeah!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:40 pm

I kinda' like "Dancing the Night Away"
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 7:41 pm

i love it when vionel ritchie gets all huffy. hurry up dude and get all huffy!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:16 pm

If you dont like the early Van Halen records, you dont like rock music

You know, you're right. I DON'T like rock music. I like rock AND ROLL music.

I like VH OK, though. That DLR is one funny dude. I have the first album.

But Boston? Maybe in the car for five minutes, but I wouldn't want one of their records in my house or anything.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:17 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

aint gonna get huffy, too busy laughing at all the so called "rock fans"

all im saying is if "Dance the Night Away" was recorded by some skinny tie dipshits on Bomp!, yall would be creaming in your pants over it...
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:25 pm

Hot For Teacher
the drums.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:31 pm

THAT AIN'T NO DRUMS... IT'S A HOT ROD!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:35 pm

I think you may be referring to panama....still, the two best songs on that last record.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:37 pm

Ok, Boston COULD possibly be THE WORST "rock" band

You people don't like "Foreplay"?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:41 pm

I think you may be referring to panama

opening drums on HFT are supposed to symbolize a hot rod. you wouldn't know, cuz you don't listen to music from the 60's.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:42 pm

I'm not much into skinny tie shit on Bomp, so I doubt that'd be the case. I'm sure the guitar shit would be a lot more bearable, though.

DLR's a funny dude, I'm not agin him.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:44 pm

and you have heard loverboy?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:44 pm

DLR's a funny dude, I'm not agin him.

except on the radio

jeez!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:46 pm

If you dont like the early Van Halen records, you dont like rock music, plain and simple,

finally: confirmation that i have no taste and that i've wasted my life; prefer it had come from a slade fan--at least he/she would have an argument for 6 minutes

jump is OK; hot for the teacher is alright; panama does not suck ass

but the rest does

yuck
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:52 pm | Edited by: bvalentine

ah shit... next I'm gonna have to be defending ELO. I can feel it coming.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:53 pm

Take that dogshit guitar out of there, and two things happen:

1. The decent songs become listenable.
2. Their popularity goes down the toilet.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:54 pm

ELO were way better than Van Halen!!!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm

I like Slade, too!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:00 pm

Are we friends again???
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:02 pm

I was trying to make friends with Nanne Tepper in a different thread, but he took it the wrong way. I'm hurt.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:07 pm

you must be one of the most unfun douchetards on the Goner board, much less the world...
and youre a fucking retard with your head up your ass. stupider as fuck.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:11 pm

but the rest does

spoken like a guy who only knows those three songs.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:20 pm

and you have heard loverboy?

Or Rush?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:22 pm

Anyone dare question the talent of EVH?!?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXbCt_1mrak
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:25 pm

self indugent and boring.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:25 pm

If you worked in a music store like I did from 84-87, you'd fuckin HATE JUMP and any kid who came in tapping the goddamned fret board.

Over the door to the keyboard room, I got a poster board and wrote JUMP on it...then I put a big red circle with a slash through it...your ass was out of the store if you played that song on the fuckin' Roland Juno 106.

In the guitar pit, I had all the amps on power strips so i could step on the thing and turn it off the first sign of some pimple faced kid trying to play Eruption with a Boss heavy metal pedal....god I hated those pedals.

Same thing with the thunpin' bass players...whacking the god damn thing with their thumb and pulling strings....sounded like "bucket o beans bucket o beans"....drove me nuts. I wouldn't work in a music store again if I was starving.

Okay....I feel better now....rant over.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:45 pm

spoken like a guy who only knows those three songs.
i'm from ohio so therefore that statement is absurd
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:46 pm

Van Halen rules. Van Hagar SUCKS. Its all about Diamond Dave, people.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:47 pm

I like Slade, too!
ok but you had another 5 minutes to say why...
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Or Rush?

What What WHAT???
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:52 pm

self indugent and boring.

That's not even him playing, someone overdubbed really crappy guitar over the video.
Hilarious.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:53 pm

Ah yeah. Some of my earliest memories were listening to Van Halen's first album on 8 track (Curtis Mathis console) in my across the street neighbor's basement and then getting beat up by my older brother's stoner loser friends if I didn't leave so they could get smoked out and fuck their ugly stupid girlfriends. I break out the first album whenever I feel nostalgic for the 70's. I think Ted Templeman did a good job producing that album.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:55 pm

I break out the first album whenever I feel nostalgic for the 70's.

be more fun to look up those girls
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 9:59 pm

make friends with Nanne Tepper in a different thread, but he took it the wrong way.

He's a fucking professional at this.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 10:18 pm

but he took it the wrong way.

the gay way?
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 10:38 pm

I'm going in Portland - 8th row center and a backstage pass.

yes, I'm chiming in only to brag about it.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 12:21 am

I just checked the keyboard parts against calibrated sine waves, and they are indeed out of tune and not calibrated to standard tuning, by less than a half step.
while that might be true that song has a minute long keyboard intro, a good time to hit a note and make sure youre in tune with it, or holler to a guitar tech to tune a guitar to the keys or something and switch out halfway through the song.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 12:26 am

I like Slade, too!
Fuck off Noddy, you smelly turd
Fuck off Noddy you're so absurd
Fuck off Noddy you stupid prat
Fuck off Noddy in your rotten hat
Fuck off Noddy you little wimp
Fuck off Noddy you're a piss brained shrimp
Fuck off Noddy you stupid prat
Fuck off Noddy in your rotten hat
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 1:04 am

opening drums on HFT are supposed to symbolize a hot rod. you wouldn't know, cuz you don't listen to music from the 60's.

uh.....yeah.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 1:11 am

but the rest does

"Atomic Punk" rules...
so does"Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" & "On Fire"....

eh fuck it - the whole first LP is pretty good....
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 1:20 am

i left it in my backseat and it warped beyond playability recently. owned it since i was 13.

also, how the fuck is rush the worst band? i can understand not liking them but worst? cmon theres alot worse stuff out there
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 1:40 am

uh.....yeah.

but i was right.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:13 am

Are you seriously equating trying to equate Van Halen with Boston?

Are you seriously trying to talk to me seriously again?
Goodie!

Just askin'.

Believe me, if I wanted to continure using you as a punching bag, I would have pointed out plenty when you announced your label collapsed.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:28 am | Edited by: bradx

boston was just a studio group, and not a "real" band anyway.

for being a studio only non real group there sure are plenty clips on youtube of them live on stage...
During the summer of 1976 Boston got much publicity when they toured with Black Sabbath and Moxy. The band then embarked on a worldwide tour to support the new album. This helped establish Boston as one of rock's top acts within a short time.
The record ranks as the best-selling debut album in U.S. history, with over 17 million copies sold, a rank it still holds.
Don't Look Back (1978)
Another tour followed, and the album's title track became a Top 10 hit
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:35 am

Third Stage (1986-1990)
During Boston's subsequent tour the new album was played, in sequence, in its entirety.
Delp departs & Walk On (1991-1994)
Delp left RTZ and re-joined Boston for the Walk On tour, sharing lead vocal duties with Cosmo on stage.
Greatest Hits & Corporate America (1994-2006)
The group embarked on a National tour in support of the album in 2003, and continued touring on into 2004.
Tribute to Delp and the future of Boston (2007-)
All of the original surviving members of Boston performed in the concert on August 19.
The stage debut for Kimberley Dahme and Anthony Cosmo was in front of 70,000 people at the Fiesta Bowl in 2002 when the group played the National Anthem.
The band also performed at the Red, White, & Blue Award ceremony for Doug Flutie on November 13, 2006. Doug Flutie joined the band for an encore to play drums on the song "Smokin'." This turned out to be the final live performance by Boston with its lead singer Brad Delp, due to Delp's death on March 9, 2007.
A planned tour for either the Spring or Summer of 2007 was canceled as a result of Delp's death.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:38 am

but they were assembled bu the record lablel. not to take anything away from my fave contrarian... just sayin'...

and lets not bring the turtles into this...
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:41 am

WRONG
Boston began when Tom Scholz, an MIT engineering graduate who worked at Polaroid, began to create a series of tape recordings in his home studio accompanied by guitarist Barry Goudreau, drummer Jim Masdea (with whom Scholz played in a prior band), and singer Ron Patti from the band Boston Creme. The roots of the first album were created in these early demo sessions with songs such as "More Than a Feeling," "Hitch a Ride," "Peace of Mind," "Foreplay/Long Time" and "Rock & Roll Band." Scholz soon became frustrated with the limitations of the technology at the time and his inability to capture the sound he wanted. He soon began building and designing his own equipment.

The first tapes Scholz produced were rejected by the record labels. A second set of tapes with Scholz on guitar (which he learned to play in Goudreau's band), newly hired singer Brad Delp on vocals and Masdea on drums, drew the attention of executives at Epic Records, a division of CBS. The label was dissatisfied with Masdea's performance, and he was replaced by Sib Hashian. The label also insisted that Scholz re-record the demo tapes in a professional studio with a full band, which led to the hiring of bassist Fran Sheehan. With the exception of "Let Me Take You Home Tonight," which was recorded in California, Scholz duped the record company and re-recorded the other seven tracks in his home studio.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 3:45 am | Edited by: bradx

if boston werent a real band then neither were the beatles
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 7:54 am

i'd take uriah heep any day over the shitpiles mentioned above.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 1:32 pm

not a "real" band anyway.

Jay Reatard ain't a band.
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 6:24 pm

nanne's easy to get along with. we're bros. the rest of you guys are just dicks.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 4:32 am

Bon Scott-AC/DC, DLR-Van Halen, & D'ianno Iron Maiden was as beautiful as ever.

Are you seriously comparing early AC/DC with early Van Halen and early Iron Maiden?????

And really: just asking.

Yes. It's pretty simple. All of that stuff I mentioned is some of the best of the hard rock spectrum.

I love hard rock. I love Jimi Hendrix, I dig Thin Lizzy, & I think even Aerosmith's Rocks has a pretty good place in history. Beggar's Banquet & Sympathy... are awesome, to be sure, but the Mick Taylor-era stuff when the Stones were a hard rock band is my favorite.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 4:52 am

Rubbing my nose in me shutting down my label would just have been too easy, even for a guy who likes to joke about cancer until he drops.

You know, it wasn't even about shutting down the label. It was about you being uptight with one of the posters in the thread.

I had a label at one time. Still do, I guess, but it's pretty inactive & I have Eric to thank for most of the label's sales over the past decade. I feel for your plight. After I did the Cheater Slicks give-away, I decided any release I did after that would be a give-away 'cause it was easily the record of which I lost the least amount of money.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 7:49 am

but the rest does

you just picked the three worst vh songs...

running with the devil smokes all that bullshit.

and gruppo sportivo's first album eats the fucking dutch devils for a midday snack.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 8:04 am

Holy crap...

I'll agree just so I don't have read the whole thing.

If Richy K asks me if the world is actually waiting for a Blue Balls double lp, I get quite a big mouth, yeah.

You DO remember what I was talking about. Believe me though, I feel your pain. I did a dbl 7" by The Goblins w/full color glossy tri-fold sleeves & out of 1000, I sold 50. It crippled me badly. I started the label when I lived in Mexico, so I'd pay the bands many to do some of the leg work themselves. I paid one band $3,000 to put out their CD & the guy used $1800 for eye surgery for his dog & the other $1200 to move from San Francisco to Cincinnati. This was in 1994 when the $USD meant something.

Deep Purple is great. I never thought Gillan had the best lyrics, but Machine Head is a beast.

Know what, fuck it, you're all right, even if I do think you are a little uptight. I'm guilty of being uptight myself. You can hate my guts all you like. In fact, I think it's cute. You, though... You are all right.

Don't get too hung up on the guitar work. If you think he's just beating off, then so be it, but there is fantastic stuff on the 1st VH record through Fair Warning. This might be just a midwest thing, but getting laid in the back of a slow moving station wagon with Van Halen blasting out of some shitty radio meant a lot to some of us when we were in high school.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 11:39 am

i'd take uriah heep any day over the shitpiles mentioned above.

AMEN.

-Ryan
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 1:23 pm

cancer, putting people in ovens, dead babies, uriah heep's greatness (??!!), rape ape's evangelical rantings, jack's lawn, eric o's major label debut, death of samantha's over usage of irony--i saw them 10 times so relax on vicious rebuttals, sissies--DLR's pants

is this the final chapter of deadcityrebel's thesis?

can't wait!

NP
ruins
86-92
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 1:24 pm

oh and tet's poetry
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 3:46 am

I was fucked over moneywise by labelpartners and by other labels while trading shit.

The guy in Germany who put out the LP version of MOTO's E Pluribus Moto sent me a letter & said he'd trade 7 copies of the Single File CD for 10 copies of E Pluribus Moto. I sent the Single Files & never got the records. Sure it's not much, but I would really like those records. There only 300 of them and I am sure they are long gone.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 7:37 am

Ruins is a great band!

duh
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 7:39 am

The guy in Germany who put out the LP version of MOTO's E Pluribus Moto sent me a letter & said he'd trade 7 copies of the Single File CD for 10 copies of E Pluribus Moto. I sent the Single Files & never got the records. Sure it's not much, but I would really like those records.

you got boned, sucker, the only moto record worth dropping a dollar on is single file.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 7:47 am

you got boned, sucker, the only moto record worth dropping a dollar on is single file.

Says you. It's true that the cassette is the way to go, but I do like the wax. Any release with "...Milkshake" on it is priceless.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®