Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / NEW Jay Reatard INTERVIEW - Matador Records?!
Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next »
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 12:47 am

why not? he does a go-betweens song on the flip of a recent single that sounds exactly like the fucking original.

I have that Go-Betweens record and I don't think it sounds exactly the same.

yeah, there is one difference...

guitar solo instead of harmonica.

it's pretty fucking close, though.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 1:18 am

3500 views!!!!??????
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 4:50 am

Greg O played guitar on a major label album in 1993

http://bp1.blogger.com/_jjtTCLDQnrg/RucdPJJQfDI/AAAAAAAAALs/All8MYXvA9 0/s1600-h/ang.scott.back.jpg

I repeat, what album is this?
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 4:58 am

I repeat, what album is this?

Casey Scott & the Creeps - Creep City
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:37 pm

Wait, so what album was that with Greg on it that was posted earlier?

The Casey Scott band on Capital.
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 7:40 pm

Oh....whoops! ...

Ran into Thom Panunzio at a Christmas party a couple years back and talked alot about this record....It's intresting.

Casey lives in Portland or Seatle now. I can't remember which....
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 4:36 am

while greg was doing that jazz me and jack formed THE GOLDDIGGERS!

we did a show! at the antenna! it's true!

"hey tripp!" (tripp was the other dude in the band. i think his girlfriend stayed upstairs. he was not the tripp in the grifters.) "why don't we play purple haze?"

"we just did!"

pretty awesome.

wait a minute. we mighta done Golddiggers while greg was 68 comebackin'. dammit.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:27 am

Hey Gerard Cosloy, write me. My band could make money for your label. We've got some good songs. Write to: Death of Samantha 1515 Doppleganger Dr., Dorfschuck, OH 56773

My blood and your shaving cream!
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:32 am

Our demo tape is in the mail, wrapped in fine linens. Along with a bottle of cognac and a bag of Skittles.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 5:34 am

Nan Tepid is a cock smoker, a turd gurgler, a cum burper, a smegma smuggler, a anal leakage guzzler, a... you get the point... DUTCH OVENS FOR EVERYBODY!

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDFRUNK
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 2:43 pm

You should hear that shit played by the - don't get a heartattack now - the Black Crows with Jimmy Page on guitar. That's how that band Zep should have sounded from day one. So that singer from The Free should have been the frontman, and everything would have been a whole lot of love.

This is bizaare, but true. It's like, the only Zep album you need.
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:32 pm

dang, i just read all of this, you guys are intense
Posted: Oct 23, 2007 8:41 pm

The kid was in his mid-20's and was a very cool guy but was only just now really getting into underground shit
You know you're getting old when you start referring to men in their mid-20's as kids.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 4:59 am

it's totally awesome that the same decrepit 'net troll who thinks my outfit exemplifies "the old way of doing things" recently emailed looking for some kind of hot tips on how to get his label's stuff into iTunes. Must be some sort of jerk conspiracy that's blocking his path.

I mean, I could provide advice on how he could tie his own shoes, too, but I thought that was something else he invented.

"Are Yo La Tengo or Steven Malkmus fans really gonna buy Jay's records? "

If that was actually our scheme --- we'd have gone bust a long time ago (even without Mr. Hayden's efforts to help us when-nobody-else-would etc.) But here's a mindblower for you --- there already are (some) Yo La Tengo and Stephen Malkmus fans who buy Jay Reatard records. And fans of Kix, Einstürzende Neubauten, T.A.T.U., Willie Alexander, Phil Ochs, Moe Bandy, Rick Astley, Accept, Teena Marie, Classix Nouveau, the Nightmares, Anthony Newley and Bronson Arroyo. Actual living human persons who aren't clinging to some kinda bullshit I.D. until they're 75 fucking years old...and can somehow manage to like more than one thing.

That much of it strikes you as mega-lame is neither a new thing, nor super interesting beyond posing the age-old question, why does someone insist on turning up for a battle of wits unarmed?

"Look what happened to Jon Spencer?"

Please, knock yourself out. With a brick, preferably. If you want to compare and contrast Matador's treatment of Jon with that of any other label he's worked with --- including the one Ned used to be associated with --- be my guest.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 5:30 am

Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:02 am

if that's a serious question, it's kinda hard/impossible to answer without knowing what you sound like. I mean, anybody can hire a name producer/engineer.

and again, assuming the question isn't a gag, you might wanna put out your own stuff before "shopping it around". But I really don't know --- what works for one band make not be applicable to another.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:48 am

sorry, i got your address, i'll get it up to you, didn't really mean it as a gag, i'm kind of out of it but recent;y heard sometihing of bag o hammers going again, that's more my speed

i've had a label and even though i' ve been offered some really good stuff i don't think i want to do it again
hookorcrook
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 9:33 am

why does someone insist on turning up for a battle of wits unarmed?

thats totally the best minutemen record.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 12:38 pm | Edited by: jenna

why does someone insist on turning up for a battle of wits unarmed?

gerard, you're just in time. ned's been crying on here for a battle.

i've got my popcorn popped and bessie by my side. commence!
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 12:42 pm

i love yo lo tengo and jay reteard and anthony newley but i draw the line on that fucking bronson arroyo

Hack!
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Einstürzende

This word had me trying to wipe the dirt off my computer screen.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 2:37 pm

Is there really a new Moe Bandy record in the works? This is exciting news!
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 2:53 pm

someone who is a fan of Einstürzende Neubauten, T.A.T.U., Willie Alexander, Phil Ochs, Moe Bandy, Rick Astley, Accept, Teena Marie, Classix Nouveau, the Nightmares, Anthony Newley and Bronson Arroyo is a douche.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm

Why do washed-up label people always Google themselves?
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 5:55 pm

Zzzzz. I'm sorry, Gerard, did you say something? You should sign Crazy Jenna. She's scary talented. And looking.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:03 pm

and I quote:

Attacking me isn't going to make [you] suck any less

don't try to deflect the heat on to me, ned. this is your battle.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:10 pm

Knock Knock.

Who's There?

Restaining Order.

Restraining Order Who?

Restraining Order for Crazy Jenna.

(And Crazy Jenna and Crazy Gerard everybody else considered this thread over days ago. Get with the program, Scene Killers!)
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:17 pm

If you think that is a mindblower

then you've never seen this
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:36 pm

I remember when I was on Crazy Jenna's label (until I told her I didn't want to be on it anymore because she's a humorless mental patient) Crazy Jenna told me how great my band was and all that kind of stuff. The next day after I told her I didn't wanna be on her label anymore she started attacking me and saying how much I suck etc...Phoney? Nah! (Not to mention the emails about how much The Little Killers suck too. And you should have read the stuff she said about her best friend Tom Douche!)
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:45 pm

If you think that is a mindblower

then you've never seen this

that was cool. thanks!
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Rich and Jenna in the old days

URL
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Is there really a new Moe Bandy record in the works? This is exciting news!

I'm only interested if he's collaborating with Kix. Doing Phil Ochs songs.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 9:16 pm

If I was a millionaire like Gerard I would certainly have better things to do than evade my questions on a message board. Or at least I'd hire writers so I didn't seem so lame and boring.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Best thread ever.
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 9:50 pm

If Gerry's so rich, why can't he buy himself a real baseball team?
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 10:00 pm

sorry, ned, that i didn't respond sooner, but i was getting my electronic anklet adjusted. phew! that's been chafing 'lo these 18 months.

now where were we? oh yeah, you're still attacking me. as i said:

Attacking me isn't going to make [you] suck any less
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 10:03 pm

now where were we?

Uh, I was like not caring at all that you exist and wishing you would stop trying to talk to me on the Goner Board?
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 10:12 pm

i just saw a tumbleweed roll past my office window
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 9:06 pm | Edited by: Joe Pestilence

It's 2007. All Art is Commerce. Entertainment is dead. YOU ARE NOT STICKING IT TO THE MAN JUST BY PLAYING MUSIC! Get over it.

I'm in the "Way to go!" camp. It's already a done deal anyway,only time will tell whether this leads to "What was i thinking?" or getting him a mansion and a yacht,just like Elmer J. Fudd,Millionaire. I'm sure either way he won't give a fuck.
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 9:12 pm

its funny that everyone is talkin about this except for Jay.

Jay?

what you think of it all?
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 9:31 pm

What do I think of it? I think that after about 35 tours.... 80 records ....1000 shows...... 5 broken guitars ......many sacrificed relationships .....etc....etc.....

I think I fucking deserve what ever attention ,money, etc... that is coming my way...
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 9:41 pm

i remember hangin out w/ you at my house after rurnt fest and you were telling me you thought this was all a big joke.

still funny

and the way i think of it is, we just toured the u.s. and were broke as fuck and if you getting this attention rubs off on other bands in the same "scene" then it may benefit good music , period.

i hate it when some dipshit fratneck is rockin out to music that i consider "mine" but then i listen to the radio or what the dipshits at my work are listening to and it makes me crenge even more, so the music bizz definately is looking in the right direction i guess

i wanna be on guitar hero some day and make enough money to pay my rent

selling out is sooo mid 90's
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 6:53 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

I hope Jay gets as much money as possible at what he does.
I'm sure everyone one wants more money for the job they have to do everyday.
Does being a Goner dude mean you have to be po?
PO IS KEEPIN IT REAL!
Posted: Oct 30, 2007 6:05 pm

get the money.

fuck the haters, it's not their business anyway
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 10:45 pm

Lots of shitty bands make money, so it only seems logical Jay's should too. That's the measure of success, right?

If you tour enough someone somewhere is bound to think you're amazing.

Congrats Jay, you've found some of those people.
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:24 pm

yeah but it still sucks when some tool in an opening bands says "stick around for , jay ree-uh-tard. thats what it is right? ree-uh-tard?"
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:41 pm | Edited by: eric o

If you tour enough someone somewhere is bound to think you're amazing.

Congrats Jay, you've found some of those people.

putdown of the day!

but hey, someone who pushes rocks up hills eternally is jealous of ANYONE's success!
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:48 pm

Isn't that how Andrew from Universal Records pronounces it? "Ree-uh-tard." I was IMing Ian Mackaye while simultaneously video chatting with the Meat Puppets and they said that was how you pronounce it too.

Congrats on 6,000 myspace friends that is so punk rock! I'm sure Wipers would have had a myspace page, right? "Return of the Rat" would have had AT LEAST 20,000 plays. I can totally see Greg Sage managing it with his Helio.

I LOVE the google images of Jay cutting his own throat with like, lots of blood and stuff ew. Totally icky! And again, so punk! I mean, where does he come up with that stuff? Brilliant. And naked band photos?! Totally shocking.

I also love the picture of Jay with a pink checkered sleeveless shirt from the 80s. So ironic! And the pictures of Jay with funny and ironic sunglasses had me ROTFLing and at the very least LOLing.

I know it's hard to be sooo punk all the time, especially when you have so many myspace friends to keep up with. Seriously though, message us again later. We're having a blast. ttfn. xoxo.
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:51 pm

Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:51 pm

pink checkered sleeveless shirt

look for that on Proj Runway next month

HOTTTTT, esp. with auschwitz arms stickin' out
Posted: Nov 9, 2007 11:58 pm

http://www.myspace.com/thewipersrock

Yeah, I'm sure Greg runs it.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 12:13 am

so, if you're punk rock you're not allowed to communicate with people? is this the point your trying to make?

what about mike watt's my space page is he not punk, or sonic's rendezvous band, these are just off the top of my head but i'm sure i could come up with others that actually run there own sites
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 12:25 am

Isn't that how Andrew from Universal Records pronounces it? "Ree-uh-tard." I was IMing Ian Mackaye while simultaneously video chatting with the Meat Puppets and they said that was how you pronounce it too.

Congrats on 6,000 myspace friends that is so punk rock! I'm sure Wipers would have had a myspace page, right? "Return of the Rat" would have had AT LEAST 20,000 plays. I can totally see Greg Sage managing it with his Helio.

I LOVE the google images of Jay cutting his own throat with like, lots of blood and stuff ew. Totally icky! And again, so punk! I mean, where does he come up with that stuff? Brilliant. And naked band photos?! Totally shocking.

I also love the picture of Jay with a pink checkered sleeveless shirt from the 80s. So ironic! And the pictures of Jay with funny and ironic sunglasses had me ROTFLing and at the very least LOLing.

I know it's hard to be sooo punk all the time, especially when you have so many myspace friends to keep up with. Seriously though, message us again later. We're having a blast. ttfn. xoxo.

For thinking Jay is such a tool, you seem to have been investigating him online quite a bit....seems pretty faggy.
You call out Jay for not "keeping it punk" yet your on an ONLINE MESSAGE board....
Go complain about "real" punk and selling out somewhere else...
13year olds RULE!!!
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 12:57 am

Ah Bruce, don't get all butt hurt, buddy. Maybe I was too subtle with the sarcasm so allow me to spell it out for you.

That shit is weak, teeny-bopper, faux (that's pronounced, "foe", Jay) punk bullshit. Lil' GG er... Reatard will be a flavor of the minute, at best. I'm sure the 15-20 demo will eat that shit up. I'm sure they'll LOVE his ringtones.

Why don't you get on that, Bruce. Make me a little list of bands that manage their own myspace page. That would be... uh, completely craptastic.

There's certainly nothing wrong with Jay having a myspace page. It's kind of... cute. I just think it's funny that someone can be soo punk while trying so vigorously to market themselves to anyone that will listen.

The blog on their page is fucking hilarious. I heard it was totally punk to name drop. And their Wiki? It has been revised over 250 times since oct 22 2006. Narcissistic are we, Jay? Another very punk attribute.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 12:59 am

For thinking Jay is such a tool, you seem to have been investigating him online quite a bit....seems pretty faggy.

Totally. I'd love to put his balls in my mouth and rub his cute little afro.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 1:47 am

you've even checked his Wikipedia page for the number of revisions...
somebody BAN this fag.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 2:22 am

Ban me? Because you can't come up with anything better than I'm a, "fag".

C'mon Rich, I'll help you out a little. Here's a list to choose from:

Sisyphus, you are so/ such a:

a.) Gay (which is a synonym for fag.)
b.) Homo (same as above.)
c.) Fruity (ditto.)
d.) all of the above
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 2:43 am

i don't think that just cuz a band keeps up w/ what everyone else keeps up w/ makes you less "punk"
this is 2007 for christs sake, how can you be "punk" anymore anyway??

besides being a total recluse at your house remembering back 10 years ago when "we were keeping it real"

"punk" is in every home now and its not any certain bands fault .

i guess we're real punk rock cuz we only had 6 plays today
www.myspace.com/tuffluvs
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 2:59 am

i wish reatard was 16 forever and kept making rehashed versions of the goner single and lp. that early stuff is so good though that it makes up for whatever he does later in life. i dont think the new stuff is bad at all.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 8:25 am

RETARD RAPE!!!
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 1:51 pm

I was just reading a GG article (http://www.terminal-boredom.com/ggguide2.html) before reading this thread, self-promotion's been a huge part of "being punk" all along, in fact you could make the case that early on the Ramones/Saints/you name it wanted to be huge successes from day one, but NOW "being punk" has to do with the opposite. I feel like I just regressed 20+ years....but it's true. Cavemen and rocks. Technology tends to leave some old grumps behind, good luck with that Sissypuss.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 1:51 pm

(not that some of your putdowns weren't funny)
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 2:35 pm | Edited by: Dick Trickle

There's certainly nothing wrong with Jay having a myspace page. It's kind of... cute. I just think it's funny that someone can be soo punk while trying so vigorously to market themselves to anyone that will listen.

The blog on their page is fucking hilarious. I heard it was totally punk to name drop. And their Wiki? It has been revised over 250 times since oct 22 2006. Narcissistic are we, Jay? Another very punk attribute.

don't get me wrong: defining punk ain't even close to what i want to do--i once tried and it was two paragraphs and used 16 theories from 8 different countries blah blah

and I wish Jay well: making fun of his shirt seems pretty silly: are there really non costumed clothes that evoke such signature connotations for you? It looks as if you are interested in pigeonholing him--i wear flannel shirts sometimes and i have no idea who pearl jam's drummer is--than Jay's conscious attempt to narrowly defining any genre, authentically or inauthentically. he's just some kid with a fucking guitar. You don't like? don't listen. you don't want him successful? who gives a shit. kardashian's daughter is famous; lohan is a hero; dancing with the stars is seen by 100 million people worldwide; bill o'reilly gets 2.5 million viewers a night. Jay wants to move 40,000 cd's next year. btw i don't hear punk in jay: more like a smarttassy hasil or more sober legendary stardust cowboy or a white JB Lenoir: a gift for gab and an eclectic source of ameicana and mushy, damaged land. gee, give the guy a break.

why i am really writing however is to point out two factual errors in yr diatribes:
Self effacement and a desire NOT to market themselves were not at anytime (except the pagans?) definable characteristics of any punks at any time at any place:

the dolls?

the dics?

the pistols?

the clash?

leave jay's myspace alone: he might meet your daughter someday. he'll bring beer over to yr thanksgiving party. while she's rubbing her feet against Jay under the table you will be slicing yr finger off, blaming everyone and everything for your own inability to carve.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 3:03 pm

[i]Sisyphus, you are so/ such a:

1. Corrector of Social Mores
2. Goner Grammarian
3. Lover of Deep Purple
4. Non-Tennessean
5. An unreal Dirk Diggliest
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 3:06 pm

kardashian's daughter is famous;
She should be famous God dammit!
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 3:15 pm

I was just reading

Speaking of termbo, I am so hoping Sisyphus is Keith Morris.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 3:20 pm

hoping Sisyphus is Keith Morris.

He's the Real Jerk Jiggler I think.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 4:33 pm | Edited by: Inca Bus

We would have been perfectly willing to let it go....chalk it up to being a bad booking choice - wrong club, wrong bands together...no big deal. It's happened to me more times than I can count and it doesn't bother me any more. But that smart assed kid with an over-zealous mouth had to start shit with us the next day on our myspace. We'd have blocked him, but thought that he was such a moron that we could not resist but to bait him in. It is hilarious! He says the stupidest things....

Things I've figured out about Jay since then:

1) He REALLY likes to look at pictures of himself on the internet
2) He likes to toss names around - like rational people are supposed to give a shit that he knows" Greg Sage or some dewsh from "universal records." What, am I supposed to be afraid, or impressed?
3) He really thinks he's all that but he's way too young to have experienced the real deal - he's just rehashing another truly creative generation's gems - spoon-feeding silly angst-ridden "hate my parents" teenagers with a boy-band cute version of smart-alecky punk rock. "Oooohhhh....he's so ironic."
4) He does not possess an original or enduring thought.
5) This whole thing is a JOKE and he still doesn\t get it. He wants to be a big shot so bad. I almost pity him.
6) This whole thing will continue to escalate until somebody spanks his baby butt with a switch off the willow tree.
7) Jay Reatard is a liability for any clear thinking record label of repute. He's going to get his ass kicked by someone less patient than we. He called the club a bunch of "faggots." How cool is that? Idiot.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 4:38 pm

He called the club a bunch of "faggots."

Ahh, Brooklyn. Now I get it.

dewsh? Is that an enema from the Old Testament?
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 4:45 pm

Ahh, Brooklyn. Now I get it.

Nope. Different club - different town.
Guess it's not just us that are "faggots."

A pattern is developing.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 5:05 pm | Edited by: Jerk Jiggler

A pattern is developing

Indeed
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 5:41 pm | Edited by: Inca Bus

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 5:44 pm

if Jay pissed off a bunch of sissy, faggot, bitch crybabies like yourself enough to show up here and wring out your panties about it then he is definitely doing something right. the joke's on you.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 5:48 pm

the joke's on you.

Hear about the guy with 5 penises?

His pants fit like a glove.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 5:54 pm | Edited by: Inca Bus

if Jay pissed off a bunch of sissy, faggot, bitch crybabies like yourself enough to show up here and wring out your panties about it then he is definitely doing something right. the joke's on you.

Your badassery is giving me a chubby.

Machismo! Volare!

Kisses!
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:06 pm

By the way..."sissy, faggot, bitch crybabies"...is that the best you can muster?

You may not be intelligent, but at least you're not creative.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:17 pm

3) He really thinks he's all that but he's way too young to have experienced the real deal - he's just rehashing another truly creative generation's gems -

Hey, thanks for the compliment! I've always considered him more of a tribute to me than a rehash but you might be right.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:21 pm

yeah, I stupid.

you are truly the master.

It's easy to be a shit talker when you are anonymous.

your're a sissy because you don't have the guts to say this stuff to Jay's face.

afraid to get a v across the lips? you should be.

you forget that this is about you. not me. you are the pussy.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:23 pm

...with the iq of a pig, you've been sleeping for a decade...

Anybody got an Ambien?
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:47 pm

And you're an overeducated shithead too?

Overeducated.
Funny stuff.

Stay stupid!
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:51 pm

Stay stupid!

New Jay album title?
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:52 pm

That would be sooooooo ironic!
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 6:55 pm

You mean ironical.

(I wonder if Jay and Gerard are spooning in bed right now looking at the laptop and giggling?)
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 7:02 pm

You probably missed that lesson

Yep. I was sleeping, remember?
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 7:13 pm

hmmm, Idaho & Arizona don't like Jay. Just figured out he's a handful.

darn, you missed out on the reatards / persuaders "smash every disco ball in every club in europe" tour of 1999 cause... oh yeah, you were 9.

and digging candlebox.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 7:45 pm

This shit is getting too funny! I love it.

afraid to get a v across the lips? you should be.

Haha. An Epiphone Flying V at that. Did you get a free gig bag with your order from Musician's Friend?
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 8:48 pm

here's the litmus...

Yay, Nay, or gaY?

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 9:35 pm

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 9:52 pm

Like Goner but less retarded and fewer chicks.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 9:58 pm

The Universal:

45 minutes? Ouch.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 10:41 pm

The Universal

Oh, Oh, the humanity! We've been had! The Jig's up I guess.

Congrats on your super sleuthing. All you had to do was ask.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Posted: Nov 10, 2007 10:58 pm

that's your band?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

you got a lotta nerve. I bet that you're the pathetic wanky bass player.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 11:01 pm

Ha hold on...

I'm trying to get a give-o-shitometer reading....

*beeep* *b00p* 0101010101010
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 11:09 pm

*beeep* *b00p* 0101010101010

that means I Love You in Java
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 11:14 pm

That is 2730 in binary. I'd say you give QUITE a shit, you raw potato gobbling queer.
Posted: Nov 10, 2007 11:15 pm

That is 2730 in binary

Is that near Beverly Hills?
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 12:01 am

I could give a shit about any of this but why is this thread like crack to me?
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 12:03 am

Because you like binary codes?
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 12:05 am

pathetic wanky bass player.

I didn't want to go beside the point, but in the video, he's kind of an optical illusion. Straight on he looks like about a 150 pound bearded hipster. But turn him 90 degrees and he's a 240 pound bearded hipster! Hey, man! Gain weight in a more commonly accepted manner! Move some fat to your hips!

I'm guessing Incu bus is the guitarist who looks like the edge.

But why guess?

All you had to do was ask.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 12:07 am

I am the walrus.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 2:01 am

All you had to do was ask.

I'm the didgeridoo player. I'm out of the screen.

Wow, you guys don't like my band!? Man, I just feel like I've been completely skullfucked. Got any Prozac to go with that Ambien?

*yawn*

I'll tell you what, kiddos. I'm a little pooped out for the evening. I just got back from the movies with my family, (you know, faggy shit like that) and my fagginess has me all tuckered out. I'm going to relax and rub one out to a picture of Jay's pretty little mouth (there's plenty to choose from).

I'll catch up with, y'all tomorrow.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 5:55 am

How many times have the kiddie fuckers from Jay Reatard had their asses handed to them because of their douchbaggery?

Or do they just talk some mad shit on internet message boards and magazine interviews so they look like they're walking the walk?

I mean, aside from being afraid of contracting something from their fat asses and scuzzy fucking hair, those pussy willows would fold in a second if they talked half of the shit they do face to face.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 7:48 am

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 1:03 pm

I just got back from the movies with my family,

"The Attack of The Killer Zombie Prog Bands"

Hungarian, no? Dir: No No Nanne Tepper

3 stars
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 1:04 pm

song for your alternative rock band to cover

Great. Now I am singing that fucker in the shower. I need to do a van Gogh, but quick.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 2:13 pm

the little Idaho club board is down...that was kinda entertaining, especially the part on how Jay couldnt "survive" the "ghetto" of Boise (or MNB or whatever acronym they were using)..."Ghetto"...too fucking funny....they are right, Memphis makes you pampered...such a lovely, safe town we live in
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 3:14 pm | Edited by: jenna

i'm no overeducator, but from the naysaying above it seems, romantically, that someone keeping it real PUNK should end up wasted on drugs, holed up in 11x7s, paranoid of human contact, dirty, sad, uncreative, and dead.

do needle arms and unreconstructed septums make someone PUNK?

do wasted chances make someone PUNK?

does the inability to promote yourself make you more PUNK? like, "I'm too punk for shit like email communcation and returning phone calls. that's for faggots who care about shit like success."

is copying the credo of Dee Dee and Johnny Thunders and GG punk?

is Dee Dee more punk than GG?

is GG more punk than Johnny?

does Linda Stein's history with early NYC punk get wiped clean off the slate because she became a real estate mogul?

how about de Kooning v Pollock? Or Warhol v Van Gogh?

how about Belushi? i read "Wired" and he really really wanted to make it. and he did.

i never knew that word "haters" until aaron clued me in the other day. now i know a hater is someone jealous of someone else's success because they, themselves, probably inherently, don't have the talent or guts or perseverance or social skills to make their small dent in the fickle world of ART.

once he explained it to me, it made all the jerks i've met on the NYC music scene over the past 14 years make total sense. none of those people got anywhere really. not a one. they're still standing in the audience, now watching the new ones coming up, gritting and grinding their teeth at the unfairness of it all.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 3:35 pm

I'm pretty sure the lesson here is for bands to skip Boise on their tours.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 3:37 pm

And as for this...

i never knew that word "haters" until aaron clued me in the other day.

...darlin', I'm pretty sure you're about 25 years behind on "street-speak". I'll totally still hug you, though.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 3:47 pm

well, mr. stands, you are going to get that hug 'cos i'm flying down soon to meet baby valentine.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 3:52 pm

Sure, sure...
I was all set for Gonerfest, only to have my dreams crushed like an Idaho strip mine.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 4:30 pm

I'm pretty sure the lesson here is for bands to skip Boise on their tours.

I'm pretty sure the REAL lesson here is that crappy, rude, needlessly confrontational, and otherwise LAME bands should skip Boise on their tours.
We don't get along well with sass-mouth brats who have nothing real to contribute. If you want to bring the rock, then bring it. Otherwise just shut the hell up. We aren't quite the stupid hicks you think we are.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 4:34 pm

Nobody ever thinks about Idaho, loser.

In more important news-I wonder if Gerard has put Jay's leash on and taken him out for a walk yet this morning?
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 4:34 pm

Shouldn't you be at Aryan Nation church, or something? It is Sunday, after all.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 4:36 pm

We aren't quite the stupid hicks you think we are.

Nope, just faggots.

Ain't got nothing against Idaho -thanks for Septic Death!!!
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 4:51 pm

there's a lot of boring white people in Idaho I bet.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 4:57 pm

Well...so long. Thanks for...um...nothing. Nothing at all. Now you can go back to pretend world and adore your pathetic ignorant rag doll "pull the string and I say something punk rock" idols. I will no longer interfere in your humble, artistic pursuits.

Stay stupid, Tennessee!
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 5:03 pm

How can you say Idaho is boring?
They have:
1. Spuds
2. Almost Heaven
3. Strip Mining
4. HQ of the Aryan Nation
5. Ruby Ridge

Those are just some of the top things I think of when I think of Idaho. Shame on you, Ritchie.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 5:07 pm

I thought that was in Oregon somewhere.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 5:10 pm

3. Strip Mining

I thought you hillbillys were in charge of that?

Whatever. Can we go back to making fun of Crazy Jenna or something now?
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 5:10 pm

How can you say Idaho is boring?
They have:
1. Spuds
2. Almost Heaven
3. Strip Mining
5. Ruby Ridge

Those are just some of the top things I think of when I think of Idaho. Shame on you, Ritchie.

Tuberphile
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 5:12 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

I thought that was in Oregon somewhere.

It was founded there in Hayden Lake, Idaho. I guess they moved to South Carolina. Probably got scared of the survivalist crazies.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 5:15 pm

3. Strip Mining

I thought you hillbillys were in charge of that?

That's Strip Clubs here, buddy.
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 6:18 pm

ya MEMPHIS HICKS!!!
I am sick of this bull shit! You are full of bullshit, my friend! I will sue you for everything you have! I will sue your ass! You're a motherfuckin' asshole!!!!!!!!! As far as I'm concerned!!!!! You hear me?!!!!! A fuckin' asshole!!!!!!!!! Fuck you!!!!!! I will get you for this!!! (exits stage and comes back to audience whoops and applause) I am sorry, I am sorry to use those words on television. I apologize to all my fans. I'm sorry, I'm sorry (on knees). But you, you're a fuckin' asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a fuckin' asshole!! (banging on desk) You hear me!! A fuckin' asshole!! (throws coffee at Jerry and exits stage).
Posted: Nov 11, 2007 6:21 pm

Posted: Nov 11, 2007 6:22 pm

some hygiene tips for memphis hicks...
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 2:15 am

sisyphus: you do not belong here.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 4:44 am

I'm confused. Why are you all so mad about somebody trying to make a living playing music?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 9:07 am

I keep thinking you brednecks are going bring something to the table. Seriously, I waited all day. I checked in a few times waiting for someone to step up and bitch slap me, but no.

I can handle being called a fag, a pussy, and that my band sucks, but jokes about Idaho seem especially hurtful. Unnecessary, really. It's just plain uncouth and it's where I draw the line. So I'm going to bring it HARD. I'm not pulling any punches here. Here it comes.

So Tennessee's state flower is the Iris? I mean, c'mon, the iris!? Did you all know, "iris" is Greek for, "rainbow"? And we all know a rainbow flag is the symbol for gay (i.e., faggy) pride. Oh snap, son! And Tennessee's highest elevation point is Clingman's Dome, a mere 6,643 ft. Idaho has mountains (or as we like to call them, "terrain ghettos") twice the size of that.

It looks like there is only one way to settle this. We're going to have to measure the dicks of our states' state animal and it looks like Tennessee is coming up a little short. Unless you have some incredibly well endowed raccoons down there, Idaho wins with a big old fat Appaloosa horse cock. I'll be taking that trophy now.

Tell you guys what, why don't you freshen up, take Andy Kaufman's hygiene tutorial (fucking hilarious, btw, thank you.) and get yourselves a good old fashioned Tennessee-style sistercousin ass fucking and try to bring something to the table next time, mkay?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 9:16 am

I'm confused. Why are you all so mad about somebody trying to make a living playing music?

count me in with jarthur... people seem to get mad when you accomplish what you set out to do. weird, isn't it?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 9:35 am

I'll be playing some winter carnival in Idaho in December. I hope the Universal are the warm up act. I'll have trhm out on stage for my encore jam on Tales Of Brave Ulysess
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 12:14 pm

We're going to have to measure the dicks

You said it, not me.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Clingman's Dome
that's my rabbi's daughter's nickname

weird
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 12:26 pm

oh and i'd rather be a coon than a horse's dick
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 12:31 pm

The "Gym" State, right?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 1:09 pm | Edited by: michael baker

hung like a horse.

Universal should hire Tor
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Potato Facts

* Thomas Jefferson is given credit for introducing French fries to America.
* Germans eat twice as many potatoes as Americans.
* 35 % of an adult's daily requirement of vitamin C can be found in a medium-sized potato.
* Mr. Potato Head was introduced by the Hasbro company in 1952.
* Potatoes do not have to be stored in a refrigerator, but they should be kept dark and dry.
* Potatoes are only 20% solids...and 80% water; substitute beer for water and that's a pretty good description of Brad

RAPE!
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Idaho's state flower is the Syringa. This is because the suicide rate is 600% higher here than in Finland.
Our state tree is the Western White Pine. We don't cottonget it?to black thangs.
Idaho's state bird is the Mountain Bluebird. We have none. We just like gay sounding things.
Idaho's state horse is the Appaloosa. It is also ironically our traditional Thanksgiving repast.
Our state fish is the Cutthroat Trout. We were going to go with the regular Trout but we liked the badassy name and all. We don't really fish of course. It's colder than an Eskimo woodpecker's ass up here.
Idaho's capitol is Boise. Rhymes with Graft laden idiots and warmongerers.
Idaho's state fruit is Ernest Hemingway,

State Motto: "Esto Perpetua" meaning "Anal is OK, but Jerking Off is better"
The statehouse in Boise is geothermally heated from the screams of the "unlucky" black motorists who "drifted" into our pure state. Keep bicycling Tarique!
Idaho's highest point is Mt. Borah (12,622ft),
Lowest Point is Universal's Music (738 ft)
Arco was the first city lit by Brad's Beer farts..
The Great Seal of Idaho was designed in 1890 by Mrs. Emma Edwards Green. It is the only Great Seal in the 50 states to be designed by a woman, if you can call her or for that matter any woman from Idaho a woman.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Only the truly delusional (Crazy Jenna, Theresa, J Arthur) actually believe that anybody is jealous of Jay or doesn't want Jay to "make it." The truth is nobody cares. It's just fun to break balls./
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 3:24 pm

Thanks for a great morning read! I'm sure Jay is a great guy if you get to know him but whoever booked that show obviously was unaware of his asshole-ish public persona, not that it wouldn't be obvious from his name, imagery, song-titles, or reputation.

I hope he gets rich as shit. And Idaho doesn't really exist to me: should I visit?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 4:48 pm

should I visit?

Only in Mid January
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Congrats on 6,000 myspace friends that is so punk rock!

but he won't let me on!!!!!!!

and i (staunchly?) supported him above

bastid!!!!

i'm with Sisyphus now! let's get this party started ! spudboy, I am.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 4:56 pm

when i was young i used to confuse ohio with idaho because of the whole Devo spud-boy thing
i'm still confused - does ohio have spuds too?
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:14 pm

does ohio have spuds too?

r u fucking kidding????

ask mullet: that's where he hides his pot plants.

busted.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:15 pm

if he reacts, you'll get a huge turd in return

you are right--where's that fucking Sisyphus?

we'll take all of you fuckers on
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:17 pm

We aren't quite the stupid hicks you think we are.

no, you're ignorant jack mormons who have never been outside the state line.

And Idaho doesn't really exist to me: should I visit?

no. it's an ugly barren place. you aren't missing anything.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Stay stupid, Tennessee!

Hey...I'm stupid in NY.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:21 pm

jack mormons

i think deadcityrebel is --according to second definition--the only jack mormon here:

�The Random House Unabridged Dictionary� defines JACK MORMON as: 1) a Mormon not active in the church or adhering strictly to Mormon principles (e.g. one who smokes and drinks, etc.) or 2) a non-Mormon living amicably among Mormons.

One of the first references to "Jack Mormon" comes from B. H. Roberts' �Comprehensive History of the Church, �volume 2, page 322, in a footnote. Apparently, Thomas C. Sharpe, editor of the �Warsaw Signal� (Illinois), an anti-Mormon newspaper of the 1840s, first used the expression �Jack Mason� to refer to anyone who refused to take part in the anti-Mason activities of the 1830s. Sharpe later coined the term "Jack Mormon" to refer to people who were not members of the Mormon church but who sympathized with the Mormons and refused to terrorize and punish them. For many years thereafter, the term referred to anyone who supported or sympathized with the church but was not Mormon.

The expression was obviously used in a derogatory sense by Sharpe since he was being critical of these Mormon sympathizers. The only meanings of �jack� that were current at that time (mid-1800s) and that appear applicable were 1) �man or common man� (Chaucer used the expression �Jakke fool� as far back as the 14th century in �Canterbury Tale�) and jack-of-all-trades dates from the early 17th century. 2) �a fool�� a contemptibly foolish or stupid person, dolt, blockhead ass,� which originally meant an �impertinent and rude fellow� and was the source of �jack� in� jackass.� This second meaning seems the more likely, but whether Sharp would have been using it in its original sense or as a shortening of �jackass� is not clear. [note: �jack� also referred to the male in animals (e.g. jack hare) and the �jackrabbit� gets its name from its long jack-ass like ears].

< 1845 �Jack Mormons, and sympathizers abroad may croak and groan over the poor Mormons.���Quincy (Illinois) Whig,� 30 Oct.. page 2/1>

1846 �A certain Jack-mormon of Hancock county, we won't call him big-head, (but the Saints used to) is in the habit of shaving the hair off his forehead, in order to give it an intellectual appearance.���Warsaw (Ill.) Signal,� 6 Feb., page 3/1>

(Oxford English Dictionary, Random House Historical Dictionary of American Slang, Cassell�s Dictionary of Slang)
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:23 pm

Hey...I'm stupid in NY.

\
fuck you

i'm stupider than you.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:26 pm

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 5:45 pm

i think deadcityrebel is --according to second definition--the only jack mormon here

wrong
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 6:17 pm

I'm in the third stall from the right, guys. Welcome to Idaho!
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 6:20 pm

I keep thinking you brednecks are going bring something to the table. Seriously, I waited all day. I checked in a few times waiting for someone to step up and bitch slap me, but no.

I can handle being called a fag, a pussy, and that my band sucks, but jokes about Idaho seem especially hurtful. Unnecessary, really. It's just plain uncouth and it's where I draw the line. So I'm going to bring it HARD. I'm not pulling any punches here. Here it comes.

So Tennessee's state flower is the Iris? I mean, c'mon, the iris!? Did you all know, "iris" is Greek for, "rainbow"? And we all know a rainbow flag is the symbol for gay (i.e., faggy) pride. Oh snap, son! And Tennessee's highest elevation point is Clingman's Dome, a mere 6,643 ft. Idaho has mountains (or as we like to call them, "terrain ghettos") twice the size of that.

It looks like there is only one way to settle this. We're going to have to measure the dicks of our states' state animal and it looks like Tennessee is coming up a little short. Unless you have some incredibly well endowed raccoons down there, Idaho wins with a big old fat Appaloosa horse cock. I'll be taking that trophy now.

Tell you guys what, why don't you freshen up, take Andy Kaufman's hygiene tutorial (fucking hilarious, btw, thank you.) and get yourselves a good old fashioned Tennessee-style sistercousin ass fucking and try to bring something to the table next time, mkay?

do you call in to the Jim Rome show when they do the Smack Off??

you should
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 6:21 pm

wrong

great
there's others!
but i doubt sisyphus--my spudbrother in arms --is one was kinda my point
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 6:31 pm

URL

i gotta stop scratching my tummy
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 6:56 pm

I just learned about Mr. Hands yesterday.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 10:10 pm

"Ree-uh-tard."
damn, got here kinda late. that was in reference to the tools in the salt lake band. the tools in the idaho band just didn't know when to quit.
sissyfoots: if only three people are left near the stage when you've been playing for 45 minutes, you should have stopped 15 minutes sooner. theres a difference between blowing people minds out (like what jay did that night) and waiting for them to decompose (what you dudes were trying).
the only reason jay decided to play that night is because he knew my friend and i were driving up to the show. thats doesn't look good for your town.
i'd love to play boise, jason from mansville is a cool, good dude, but the thought of having to play with bands who don't know when to quit isn't enticing, regardless of genre.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 10:13 pm

URL

i gotta stop scratching my tummy

THANKS

I just opened that link (against my better judgment) at work and some guy who may or may not be gay walked up behind me as I was reading it.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 10:46 pm

This is my favorite place to visit in Idaho:
http://myweb.cebridge.net/jmmayfield/oasis%20museum%20main.htm

Avoid the Nazi's in Coeur D'Alene!
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 11:15 pm

I'm pretty sure the REAL lesson here is that crappy, rude, needlessly confrontational, and otherwise LAME bands should skip Boise on their tours.
We don't get along well with sass-mouth brats who have nothing real to contribute.

hey dcr, remember that time we drove up from salt lake to boise just to see jay play again and we had to sit through one of the most excruciating hour and fifteen-minute-long sets of our lives? i'm pretty sure jay contributed more in his twelve-minute set than the universal did in their masturbatory, needlessly self-indulgent seventy-five.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 11:18 pm

yup.
totally worth it.
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 11:56 pm

the little Idaho club board is down...

That board is back up, and I just read through all of that and it's the dumbest shit ever.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 6:08 am

I'm too drunk to read all this.

That isn't actually very drunk.
hookorcrook
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 9:06 am

i always imagine you two mormon guys sitting in bedrooms right next to each other, having discussed the day's goner board topics throughout the day and at 'band practice' yelling back and forth to each other what you're about to post and then having a simultaneous conversation on 4 different threads. sometimes with your sister on the phone.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 2:36 pm

dumbest shit ever.

That's not fair to TermBo.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 8:08 pm

what's the link to their board?
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 8:10 pm

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 8:28 pm

I'm too drunk to read all this.
Likewise, and I am sober. This thread gave me a headache and made me realize why I give up on bands (not that I was ever much of a jay fan) when they get popular.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 8:38 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

two mormon guys
maggot is a girl. she rad. and she won't let me talk about the goner board when we hang out.
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 10:21 pm

that thread that was just posted on the other board was hilarious.

man, must be nice to have so many people talking about your band! press is press, right??
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Ummmmm ... guys? Guys?

I'm still here ... tap tap tap

I think I might have dropped something over by your stalls
Posted: Nov 14, 2007 12:03 am

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 10:26 pm

hmmm, Idaho & Arizona don't like Jay

wha...aaattt?

arizona as far as I know ain't got no problem with him?

who knows though I really do live on my own planet
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 11:48 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

My dream is that Jay will be touring endlessly stuck in a van with Kevin Banned and Brad X opening for him.
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 11:51 pm

is it a sprinter van?
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 1:38 pm

I didn't buy the bloody ballhuggers record and I probably won't buy the Matador records but who doesn't want to live in a world where a high-school dropout can be gainfully employed because he dared to drop out and beat off to his favorite band, and earn room service, with nought but talent and wits?

(I DID buy the Goner record, which deserves all exaltation, within or -out of the Matador office.)
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 5:00 pm

the ballhugger one is a pretty fun rec
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 6:22 pm

but the thought of having to play with bands who don't know when to quit isn't enticing, regardless of genre.

that reminds me, the red rockets aren't still around, are they?

sorry folks, i been outta town for two weeks.

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 11:01 am

i dont know if i could handle a whole 12 minutes onstage at a time or whatever it is reatard does these days... might just probly have a heat attack.
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 7:30 pm

Fase
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 9:40 pm

the red rockets aren't still around, are they?
no. we ended it quickly and painlessly. and the world only had to suffer through one split 7".
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 9:58 pm

better luck next time.
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Nanne...a little fyi...no one has any idea what you're talking about...ever.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 12:59 am

Nanne...a little fyi...no one has any idea what you're talking about...ever.

i do!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 1:01 am

i do!

Can you decipher this then please?

Doo Doo Roomservice... here to unplease
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 3:18 am

Nanne's wearing his Sears poncho again
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 4:19 am | Edited by: elle

why did i read this whole thread? i feel slightly stupider for doing so. thanks. and i agree with jarthur and theresa et al. who gives a shit if jay makes money? and besides, if you didn't know that jay was going to be confrontational at all, you probably haven't seen him play at all before. durrrr. come on now. really.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 4:35 am | Edited by: deadcityrebel

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:01 am

"he has the same disease as elephant man!"

that's weird you say that. while in hanover, pa a week ago i was at the grocery store with christine and the check out guy had the rocky dennis disease. at least i think that's what it was. he was young and had long hair and ear rings so i gave him some slovenly stickers that were in my jacket pocket and i told him it was "punk rock." he said "i play guitar!" dude was in a wheelchair too.

oh yeah, the music isn't loading. i'm sure it's shreds though. party!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:53 am

he has the same disease as elephant man!
thats what my mom said about her dog.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:57 am

the music isn't loading
hm.
try again? its working right now for me
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 6:50 am

evolutions 4never
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 7:00 am

i want a green hocker in a greyhound locker.
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 12:25 pm

Wipers rule!
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 5:56 pm

We like the recent Jay stuff a lot, but can anyone else hear an early Supergrass influence? The pop chord progressions, the accents.........
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 10:45 pm

(Just got offered 12 grand for a new bookdeal, went along with publishing a book next year but refused the money, and NOT because I'm punk. Try and make sense out of that one!)
This would make you an idiot. Why would you write a book and not take the cash? Unless you worked out what you consider a more lucrative deal that didn't involve you taking the advance money I would say you ARE trying to be punk.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 1:53 pm

early Supergrass influence?

Caught by the Fuzz, yes. Alright, no.
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Frenetic Conclusion: a bit worried Reatard's gonna turn into a Neil Young replica one day.

no no nanette:

you say that like that is a bad thing; i mos def see him in that north american/addled trad of singer songwriters who speak of dislocation and borders. that's why i said i did not consider him a punk rocker.

but he is a punk fucker for not accepting me a friend on myspace!
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 10:06 pm

You dig the second, reborn, late seventies Neil Young???

well let's not go crazy here...
Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®