Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / sorry- 4 track question.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 10:39 pm

I have the tascam portastudio mkII- that blue analog 4 track. Last night I brought it outside and plugged it into an outlet on the side of my house- I was trying to get some noises from outside. Anyway, I get what I came for and then go back inside and realize that Track 1 will no longer playback. Tracks 2, 3, and 4 all playback fine but track 1 won't anymore. Does anyone have any ideas before I throw down 50 bucks to get it fixed?
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 10:47 pm

I'm thinking you probably left Track 1 outside...they're hard to see in the dark.

Double check all selector switches and pan knobs.
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 11:18 pm

Sounds like it could be stuck on input. If you plug in a mic and route it to track 1 can you hear it?
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 11:42 pm

my 4 track the selector switches for tape/mic are dying slowly and its not at all unusual for a whole track to stop working. i was baffled until i jiggled the switches. try that.
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 1:10 am

I'm sure anyone on here who has recorded at any level (basement recording up to super-dooper-free-coke-under-the-mixing-console-major-label-studios) will tell you the most important rule in all of recording:

After checking everything, and you still can't figure out the problem: hit the machine.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®