Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I'm Comin' To Memphis
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 7:53 pm

on October 19th and will be leavin' on the 20th to go to Nashville for the Indianapolis Rollergirls bout. Anyways, wanted to see what's goin' on that Friday night. My girlfriend and I are also lookin' for a place to crash for the night. Suggestions?
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 8:01 pm

A hotel?
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 8:02 pm

that is very funny.
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 8:06 pm

artisan! artisan! artisan!

http://www.artisanmemphis.com/

i suggest booking through an expedia or one of those sites of the like. you might get it for a little cheaper.
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Another suggestion is not to tell all the fans of the most popular band in a town you are going to that you are putting out a tribute CD to them and then never following through. This would tend to limit the available couches for you and your Myspace hottie in said town. (I'll bet she'll be really impressed when you show her your accomodations too (somebody's couch.). You are pure class all the way, Rev Dan. Mazel Tov!
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 8:55 pm

holly golightly is playing at the hi tone that night. and like stephanie said, the artisan is good for pretty cheap and it's not far from the hi tone either.
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 9:52 pm

nother suggestion is not to tell all the fans of the most popular band in a town you are going to that you are putting out a tribute CD to them and then never following through. This would tend to limit the available couches for you and your Myspace hottie in said town. (I'll bet she'll be really impressed when you show her your accomodations too (somebody's couch.). You are pure class all the way, Rev Dan. Mazel Tov!

It looks like YOU care more than anyone else does buck-o!
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 9:56 pm

i'm not even sure who you're insulting with that one.
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 9:58 pm

it's not far from the hi tone either.

a perfect 3 block (drunk) walk!
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:04 pm

artisan! artisan! artisan!

The old Holiday Inn on Union/McLean is a "boutique" hotel? Wow. This building saw some true debauchery back in my youth. And my friend saw Dave Wakeling in the elevator there. I also wanna say some of Spinal Tap was filmed there also. Gotta say those lobby photos look HORRID! Is it really that tacky?
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:05 pm

WHY IS NO ONE REVVING IT THE FUCK UP?
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:06 pm

vrooooom!
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:07 pm

i'm busy worrying about the cleen teens drama
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:08 pm

I just saved a ton of money switching my car insurance.
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:09 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

Is it really that tacky?

yup! but it's got a pool! and a lot of broken tanning beds, apparently. tanning as in laying out...
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 10:39 pm

I watched the cleaning lady at the Artisan change my sheets while eating a hamburger at the SAME TIME!
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 12:02 am

I was lookin' into the Artisan. Also lookin' at GenX. Anyone have any comments about that place?
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 12:30 am

oh..i forgot to mention earlier that i'm going to that nashville derby bout too. a few of us from the memphis league are driving over to check it out.

don't know anything about GenX. terrible name though. heh.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 12:43 am

we had freinds stay at the GenX for our wedding, and they were pretty happy.

No pool, and not much in walking distance. But brand new, really clean, plasma tvs.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 3:47 am

and a lot of broken tanning beds, apparently.

All hazardous furniture was removed by the next day.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 5:01 am

RE: Artisan- check out the room before you take it. Artisan is notorious for having a lot of unflushed toilets.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 6:23 am

Elle, I'll more than likely be workin' merch for Naptown Rollergirls so come up and say hi...
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 5:21 pm

MOTO stayed in the Artisan last Saturday night and the room was fine except for the absence of a shower curtain.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 6:26 pm

i think i've stayed there three times and each time the place has had a different name.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 7:23 pm

Damn. I guess GenX is soundin' promisin'. We've got a car so stuff not bein' in walkin' distance is alright... My friend is gettin' married at Stax saturday, but I guess she's talkin' about gettin' folks together at the Buc on Friday night. Who's djin' there that night?
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 8:26 pm

Damn. I guess GenX is soundin' promisin'. We've got a car so stuff not bein' in walkin' distance is alright... My friend is gettin' married at Stax saturday, but I guess she's talkin' about gettin' folks together at the Buc on Friday night. Who's djin' there that night?

for fuck's sake you type like a hayseed. you allergic to the letter g or something?
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 8:53 pm

hard telling who would be djing that night. usually they don't have djs on a friday night, but they might then. who knows? i know they're having a free in store at shangri la records with those darlins earlier that evening, fyi.
Posted: Oct 13, 2007 9:20 pm

I stayed at the genx for gonerfest, no complaints except the in room fridge froze solid all my beers! 80$ a night with AAA
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 1:28 am

nother suggestion is not to tell all the fans of the most popular band in a town you are going to that you are putting out a tribute CD to them and then never following through. This would tend to limit the available couches for you and your Myspace hottie in said town. (I'll bet she'll be really impressed when you show her your accomodations too (somebody's couch.). You are pure class all the way, Rev Dan. Mazel Tov!

B.J.-
Gee...could it be Riggler who felt the need to write a full paragraph about his obession with Rev Dan??? I dunno?!?!?!
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 10:05 am

"some of Spinal Tap was filmed there also"

Which bits? We stayed there when we gots married!

The Artizan is also an easy walk to the Barksdale for breakfast, has a market round the corner for beer & is within crawling distance of Shangri-La, Ardent, Huey's fer burgers, the wonderful Lamplighter Lounge, Audiomania and the rest of the Madison 'strip', including the Bar B Que shop fer excellent pork products and, at a push, The Buccanneer... of course, you could walk to Goner from there, but it's actually a lot further than you think, we tried it...
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 9:29 am

I'll be there next Thursday through the following Wednesday. Most of the early pm's are going to be spent at multiple events for a lavish barmitzvah, but the late nights are all mine. Anything going on that I should check out?
Posted: Jan 7, 2008 5:18 pm

Artizan was great when a buncha folks came over for our wedding - Howard's Donuts is round the corner, too! Make friends with the local PD!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®