Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I'm getting married in 2 1/2 weeks!!!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 9:23 am

ACK!!! So much to do...we should have eloped.
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 9:56 am

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy unrivaled bliss.

When Lyndsey & I get married, we will probably elope & then use all the money we would have spent on the wedding on the party. My folks eloped back in 1957. I'm sure it was exciting for them or at least as exciting as Angola, IN could have been.
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 3:29 pm

I'm getting hitched on New Years Eve. We'z all growin' up around here. I blame bowie.
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 3:31 pm

i'm getting married on june 14th, 2008. woohoo!

who's coming?
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 3:35 pm

i'm getting married on june 14th, 2008. woohoo!
wah!?! i had no idea...woo!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 3:37 pm

congrats

being married is great, much luck to you
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Wow!!! All this marrying going on...mine is going to happen in February. I have to say that I think to elope would be great...a hell of a lot easier. Congrats to everyone else!!!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 5:30 pm

Sept 2008!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 5:39 pm

I totally wanted to elope - but the wedding was a blast (so , I'm told). They say your wedding is over before you even know it and it's a good thing there's so many fucking pictures because otherwise you wasted all that time preparing for it!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 5:48 pm

don't
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 5:50 pm

AUGUST 2047!!! WOOHOO!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 5:52 pm

You two weirdos are perfect for each other!
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 6:28 pm | Edited by: Crystal Lake

ACK!!! So much to do...we should have eloped.

dude, I hear you. our wedding was supposed to be the least stressful ceremony ever, but the closer it gets (just over 48 hours to go!!!), the more I can't wait for it to be over so we can go stay at a fancy hotel and make out in the hot tub. It seems like no matter how simple you try to make things, someone's gotta swoop in and try to hijack it and make it into their own fantasy "special day." I'm not sure if you are dealing with any of that from your family, but I sure am.

Didn't mean to get off topic, though; congrats to you and Cousin B! I will pass on these wise words from my uncle Mark: "If you can still stand up without assistance at your wedding, you need another drink." I plan on getting so wasted that I won't hear my mum and stepmum bickering.
Posted: Sep 20, 2007 6:32 pm

Oh yeah - don't lock your knees during the ceremony, it usually leads to passing out. But whatever - that might be fun too.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 1:54 am

Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:11 am

the reality of it is that marriage doesnt change anything. for us it was just the day to get up in a church in front of friends and family and say we intended to stay together. and then have a party, get alot of free money and waste it all on an unplanned honeymoon.

we dont have kids so the reality is either of us could walk out any time, we dont buy things on credit and have no marital debt or savings account. we always have that day, though. we did it right and im glad we didnt just go to the courthouse.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:19 am

It seems like no matter how simple you try to make things, someone's gotta swoop in and try to hijack it and make it into their own fantasy "special day."
the first time my mother in law tried that shit i said "fuck this" and walked home.

the only things i had to have my way were the music and food and i got those things the way i wanted them.

just remember its your special day for the 2 of you and whatever makes you the happiest or most comfortable is the important thing on that day.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:34 am

HAPPY WEDDING KIMBERLY AND CUZZ!!!!!
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:43 am

Marriage is too much responsibility and too many restrictions.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:56 am

Let's not knock the courthouse. If you say "yes" in front of a hundred folks, or just one it doesn't matter. It's still the same. I'm just sayin' eloping is cool..... from the last couple married in the 20th century in a Butler, Alabama courthouse....Y2K, Marsh and Daphne...and congradulations!
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:57 am | Edited by: bradx

God doesnt like people getting married at the courthouse, you have to go to His house.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 2:59 am

well, good luck to you and your planning duchess
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 3:05 am

we're having ours in an old movie theater. it's gonna be funky as hell.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 4:44 am

shit, i'm kinda feelin left out...
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 5:43 am

you've got plenty of marriages left
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 6:49 am

I totally wanted to elope - but the wedding was a blast (so , I'm told).

Just because it was a shotgun wedding doesn't mean it was a blast.

we're having ours in an old movie theater. it's gonna be funky as hell.

Keep us posted.
Posted: Sep 21, 2007 4:23 pm

you've got plenty of marriages left

HA!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Good luck!! But, personally I am so glad we just went to the chapel. I can't imagine all the bullshit! I would never get it all done!

CONGRATULATIONS!

I will see you married bitches in a month or so!
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 12:28 am

we should have eloped. but the party is gonna rule.
Fuck I can't wait to be in Morocco.
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 8:36 am

cyndi & i got married in the living room of our house.
my sister holly got one of those internet priest things & officiated the wedding, so that shit was done fast.
then we partied at the sunset, so they got to clean up our mess.

keep the shit simple - a wedding to me is just a public acknowledgment that 2 people plan on spending the rest of their lives together.

but whatever!

i have nothing but the best thoughts for you, kimbers & cousin b!
ignore everybody else & just make each other happy! :)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®