Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm

I'm not quite sure what to make of this. In the worst possible taste or unintentionally entertaining 'Canesploitation? Both?

For some reason a Post Apocalyptic version of the "Chief Wiggum P.I." segment from the failed pilot episode of The Simpsons springs to mind,esp. after i read that the "Local" cop has to eat Gumbo just to think. I'm serious!

TV and Movies have traditionally gotten this city wrong,as it's just too complicated to easily pigeonhole,so i can't even imagine how they're gonna treat it now! No,wait,maybe i can...
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:22 am

You hear that ringing? It's hotel reservations being cancelled as we speak...

"Chief Wiggum P.I."
That was awesome....
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:37 am

holy krapville. a jazzy rendition of wade in the water precedes the fatal shooting of a french quarter lounge singer. the killer was a blur, leaving behind a bag of worms and dirt. brilliant.
i hope all the local set dressers and wardrobe and whatnot got some money off these jack-asses.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:39 am

"gumbo, man, that's what i do when i need to think."
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:41 am

"Popeyes, man, that's what i do when i need to shit."
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:42 am

Sorta ironic....."Blackriver Security" = bad guys in NOLA, Blackwater Security getting kicked out of Iraq for killing too many people today...
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 8:34 am | Edited by: Joe Pestilence

"I hope all the local set dressers and wardrobe and whatnot got some money off these jack-asses."

No shit! The only reason for this exploitative piece of shit's existence in my book.If anyone gets extra $$$ for helping out w/this then that's great...take Rupert Murdoch to the bank!

I actually got a email on the gayspace from a friend of mine that was looking for recordings of local bands to use for the show,too bad i didn't have a Clickems tape to send 'em(or is that too good? again,i'm conflicted on this shit).

I guess all other New Orleanians on here had better things to do when this was on... Too easy of a target? Good for them!
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 12:41 pm

waitin' for this to air
keep an eye out for
cameos by womb worm
and Louie.

one will be chowin' down at the sub shop
the other strummin mental on a street corner
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 12:42 pm

I saw it.

I didn't get a chance to log on here because I was at a gumbo party.

And then a voodoo queen layed down some gris gris mojo hoodoo po boy and I fell asleep.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 1:20 pm

p.s. jazzy jambalaya alligator
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 1:38 pm

a voodoo queen layed down some gris gris mojo hoodoo po boy and I fell asleep.

That's how they say, "a crackhead sucked my dick and I nodded off" in the Parish.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 2:53 pm

The K is for kancelled!
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 4:36 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

The evil, rich, white plantation princess Dubois buying up the 9th ward to keep people from resettling the slum showed me the direction the writers are heading, pandering to the audience with class warfare and racism.

Blackwater Security getting kicked out of Iraq for killing too many people today...

I thought that about that as well.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 5:23 pm

Only on Fox.

Haven't had the chance to write them a seething letter yet. Shit makes me so sick.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Most Yankees don't know shit about Southern livin'. Every Southern town and city somehow,someway gets pigeonholed. This show is on for one reason. Gentrify this Rupert!!!!!
"Happiness is a Yankee driving North On I-75"
"Yankee go home; leave the South alone!!"
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 10:46 pm

Haha this looks so stupid.

I thought of Wiggum P.I. as well.

New Orleans is great, but I am sure as hell glad to be out of there.
Posted: Sep 18, 2007 11:28 pm

Gumbo Party!
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 12:38 am

I didn't see K-Ville, but it can't be any worse than "The Big Easy," with Dennis Quaid and John Goodman. The only movie that ever remotely captured the feel of that town is "Down By Law" by Jim Jarmusch, and even that is romanticized to the hilt. I thought "A Streetcar Named Desire" kind of captured what I imagine to be New Orleans in the Early to Mid 20th Century, but once again, in my mind, that is romanticized as all get out.
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 12:39 am

I also love when Hollywood Movies Make reference to New Orleans and that 'great food at Tipitina's" - Ha! -
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 1:22 am

Even in "Down By Law" they put Orleans Parish Prison in the middle of a swamp,as opposed to its real life location on Broad. Everybody still loves-a good egg though.

"The Big Easy" is The Gold Standard by which all modern fake NOLA Movies and TV shows are measured,"cher".
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 1:35 am

Zydeco etoufee bayou beignet!!!!
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 2:33 am

"The Big Easy" is The Gold Standard by which all modern fake NOLA Movies and TV shows are measured,"cher".
much like another dennis quaid movie for memphis?
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 2:57 am

you can't mention dennis quaid and new orleans without mentioning the sharks.

http://neworleans.metblogs.com/archives/2007/06/a_night_on_the.phtml
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 10:50 am

saw it on tuesday night
a bit pumped up plot wize
car chases, teary eyes, gumbo
and cast members who got
their feet wet in quite a few other sitcoms
the round black lead cop
looks thinner than he does in The Shield
Posted: Sep 19, 2007 10:51 am

Zydeco etoufee bayou beignet!!!!
saw it on tuesday night
a bit pumped up plot wize
car chases, teary eyes, gumbo
and cast members who got
their feet wet in quite a few other sitcoms
the round black lead cop
looks thinner than he does in The Shield
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 11:13 pm

you can download the 1st episode free on Itunes...
Posted: Sep 23, 2007 11:40 pm

sounds like the right price.

stupid Fox is broadcasting a new episode during the Saints game tomorrow night. Nobody is going to watch that shit. NOBODY! I'll be hosting my gumbo party and watching the Saints beat the Titans.
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 12:44 am

That is pretty dumb....
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 11:37 am

ohh stop the hatin my niggaz
that shit was dope!!! made me wanna ride thru tha turd ward buy some furl ya eard me. i mean what the fuck did you expect.
ooowww wweee cher i think i done caught me a case of da vapors.
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 7:58 pm

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 10:13 pm

I wonder what those Colorful Characters still living in tents in Waveland and Bay St. Louis,Miss. think of this show...

WHO DAT LE BON TON ROULE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 11:24 pm

stupid Fox is broadcasting a new episode during the Saints game tomorrow night. Nobody is going to watch that shit. NOBODY! I'll be hosting my gumbo party and watching the Saints beat the Titans.

yea but it's not like they're aiming this to people in New Orleans...the people the are gonna eat this up are goobers from other places
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 5:30 am

The funny thing is they can't cancel it without somebody saying "have we forgotten new orleans"? Aren't we all a little bit like Brownie?

Or talking about 'Katrina fatigue'...
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 1:26 pm

"The Big Easy"

I was in that movie. True incredibly stupid story.
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Of course i meant "Bon TEMPS... " spellcheck am busted.

At least i spelled Who Dat right,i don't care what the (Nashville- booo!) Tennessee Titans would say...
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 11:33 pm

I haven't seen this show, but the promos that say something like "You've got to be CRAZY to be a policeman in New Orleans!" show tons of promise.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 4:37 pm

I watched the 2nd episode instead of the "Aints b/c I don't got no cable TV.... I thought the 2nd episode was a lot better and more believable than the 1st....

like the 1st episode the bad guys were white....again......I'm tired of this racism.....if you don't got the balls to make blacks the bad guys at least have an episode with Vietnamese west bank mafia.....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®