Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / HIPSHAKES NEED A DRIVER!!!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 3:51 am | Edited by: cococomas

SO - Lisa & I will be at a wedding on Sept 21st & 22nd - the weekend that the Hipshakes will be playing in Minneapolis & Milwaukee - anyone in the Chicagoland (or Milwaukee?) area with a valid driver's license feel like having a rock'n'roll weekend with some impressionable British lads???.... they'll be renting a car & paying for gas (unless you would have a car to transport them in) & would be getting you into said shows for free (Milwaukee is with the Cola Freaks, Tuff Bananas, & the Feelers - WHOAH!!!)... lemme know ASAP if you're into it at: cococoma@gmail.com

Thanx!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 4:42 am

1 2 3 not it!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 4:55 am

BAZOOKA JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!!!!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 5:34 am

hipshakes need to apologize for that fucking album!!!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 5:42 am

Oh just let those kids drive themselves. They'll do fine.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 5:45 am

waaaaaaaaa.........stay on the riiiight!!!!!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 6:59 am

Oh just let those kids drive themselves. They'll do fine.

I'm sure they can drive just fine - I'm more worried about them not having a permit to drive in the U.S....especially if they get pulled over...
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 8:29 am

I'm sure they can drive just fine - I'm more worried about them not having a permit to drive in the U.S....especially if they get pulled over...

hipshakes need a gun?
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 3:41 pm

>sigh<

now is really not the time for funny business....
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 3:53 pm

remember when my grandma died last year? so sad...
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Seems like there's lots of great kiddos in Milwaukee that would be willing to help.....maybe ask Kevin for ideas (Travis or....shit I already forgot Luke's bother's name...they're both great kids).

Maybe if Lastname wasn't gayin-it-up bartending on Saturdays now, he could help.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 4:54 pm

i could possibly be of help.. dont know if i trust my car to drive 5 hours to minneapolis.. once holy shit is back ill check with eric apnea and see if he can help. they get back tomorrow
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 6:17 pm

Put 'em on a bus. Thad be halarious!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 6:59 pm

i could possibly be of help.. dont know if i trust my car to drive 5 hours to minneapolis..

a saab?
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:03 pm

a saab?

yah
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:08 pm

they can't rent a car b/c they don't have valid driver's licenses so... the plot thickens and the problem is that minneapolis is friday so i suppose somehow they could get up bright and early and get the train to milwaukee if someone up there can get them to minneapolis.

Let's make it happen people!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:13 pm

I'd prefer not to do this, but if they can get to Milwaukee and have no options from there I could do the MN & back to WI thing. Though I don't have a ton of room, not sure how much shit they brought along. But as a last (last) resort, I volunteer.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:20 pm

they have nothing with them. they'll have some merch, a guitar, a bass and a snare. also they are skinny. we have a couple people volunteering as a "last resort" sort of thing so over the next few days we'll see if there is anyone who happens to have a car and a long weekend.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:24 pm

they'll be in milwaukee on thursday, friday=minn and back to milwaukee on saturday, right?
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:25 pm

Put 'em on the China town bus. Cheap and fast!
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:35 pm

i bet the beatles never had to deal with this shit
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:50 pm

Posted: Sep 14, 2007 7:51 pm

i'm gonna start carrying my mosrites around in grocery bags
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Chicago - Milwaukee = Megabus! only $1 if you book in advance online.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 8:22 pm

i guess all else fails they can get the megabus to minneapolis for 75.00 for all three...not too shabby.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 8:53 pm

thats cheaper than paying for gas
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 11:00 pm

are these guys idiots.. And do they sound good enough for all the trouble ?
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 11:06 pm

They're from England.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 11:15 pm

you are correct sir !
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 11:39 pm

megabus to minneapolis

I think that rolls in front of my apt. building. Maybe I'll hang a "Welcome Hipshakes" banner out my window. They'll have to sit on the left side of the bus in order to see it.
Posted: Sep 14, 2007 11:50 pm

ha!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 12:01 am

God, what snobs! Maybe everybody has a "driver" in jolly olde England, but here in the states we drive ourselves!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 1:19 am

i forgot jay doesnt have time to listen to anyone else besides himself. dont you get tired of hearing yourself all the time?
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 1:32 am

Uh,....EXCUSE ME?

I resent that comment mister "tapecase" or whatever your name is supposed to be...

I'll have you know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a driver. I mean, the majority of civilized people in the western hemisphere have them so,...please, if you live in a box on the side of the freeway, please don't dump on the rest of us for choosing to live "normally" thank you very much. And it creates jobs. You are for people having jobs right? I mean, if your not then you must be one of those hippies who are trying to build that art commune called "Elvis Concentration Camp" they were talking about in the Nemphis thread a couple days back. Therefore, you must be anti American. Therefore, you must be a terrorist. Well, I'm sorry mister tapecase, but I AM an American and having a driver is as American as Sex and the City THE MOVIE or my new perfume COVET, in stores now.

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm gonna have my driver/wage slave pepe, drive me down to Pravda for a delicious apple martini!

Buy my perfume! Buy American!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 1:36 am

hey idiot string I have plenty of time to listen to other peoples music ... I just don't consider the hipshakes music.. Just sounds like garbage to me .
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 1:46 am

Oh snap!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 2:07 am

hey idiot string I have plenty of time to listen to other peoples music ... I just don't consider the hipshakes music.. Just sounds like garbage to me .

you sound like garbage, but i like garbage. GO GARBAGE!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 4:39 am

One mans garbage is another mans garage .
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 5:42 am

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on their music - can anyone help these guys out - geezus!!!

and yes - I think they're worth the trouble.
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 5:59 am

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on their music - can anyone help these guys out - geezus!!!

i got em a gun! can they afford to buy their own fucking bullets??? sheeesh
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 4:31 pm

spoken like an old man!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 5:03 pm

i got em a gun! can they afford to buy their own fucking bullets??? sheeesh

get bent.
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 5:55 pm

I'll do it, but I don't gotta car. I could probably be persuaded to rent one in my name. Maybe. Let me know.

shakeappealrecords AT gmail DOT com
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 9:26 pm

spoken like an old man!

says the guy who only listens to old man music? dat's wack!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®