Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Goner Fest Flyer up at Schnucks. What are some other good places(aside from the obvious)
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 8:19 am | Edited by: chuckvicious

I take personal pleasure in putting flyers in their window because it probably has more visibility than ANYWHERE everyone has got to get some TP right?
My other personal favorite place to flyer is the back of some parking sign in the drive threw at Starbucks. Tools gotta rock too.

Where is your favorite place to stick up a flyer?
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 9:07 am

Inconspicuously in the Deli and see how long it stays up.
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 9:57 am

Car windshields at Bellevue and Temple of Deliverance.
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 2:17 pm

Where is your favorite place to stick up a flyer?

The butt.
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Kroger on Sanderlin. And Target. You gotta get these East Memphians wondering.
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 4:36 pm

bookstores (gotta attract those disenfranchised suburban youth)
art center

I remember moving to collierville at 15, and my mama took me to the ice cream store in g'town. outside, i found a flyer for an RLK/sobering consequences show duct-taped to a concrete post. that flyer saved me...
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 4:38 pm

The Pebody hotel fountain!
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 5:22 pm

the ramses statue outside the pyramid!
hee-haw!
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 5:25 pm

For the unknowing/uninitiated/unenlightened, that's pronounced

"Shnoooks"
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 7:41 pm

doesn't keep me from calling it "schmucks"...
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 8:35 pm

Chic-fil-a in Bartlett.
APPLEBEE'S on Poplar dude!!!
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 8:38 pm | Edited by: jerryd

How about here
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 8:46 pm

%%%% I have put flyer up at the Young Avenue Deli before and they have lasted up to 24 hours. However, I am not supposed to do that because they take it personally. Tiger Called me one day when I put some hitone flyers. He was polite, and wasn't angry, but he didn't want that going on. I personally think advertising any local / national act that could possibly want to play at your venue, even if it is at a competing venue, can only help out in the long run; because it will naturally generate a good audience for an act if you advertise it, no matter where it is. Therefore, the act, would be happy you were supporting them, thereby; possibly giving back a good show if they ever agreed to play at your venue; because they helped support and advertise the band threw out the year. Instead of boycotting local music, which basically is what happens when you have a public place, and you take down a flyer or don't let someone flyer;LET THEM FLYER !!. Advertising a band in Memphis isn't a business. Bands in Memphis want a chance to be heard, and they want their friends to have a good time. What band do you know that actually makes a living off of their band only in Memphis? Your bar isn't exactly paying for the show, anyway, it's the people. So your choices are Let the People Speak or make them wear a Muzzle.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®