Posted: Sep 9, 2007 9:07 pm

The Transatlantic Feedback (holy shit)

Posted: Sep 9, 2007 9:08 pm

Posted: Sep 9, 2007 9:27 pm

monks
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 4:42 am

monks
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 10:44 am

I shook the hand that plays the devil's banjo!
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 12:26 pm

from what i've read this doc will not be coming to dvd anytime soon if it all...

and reportedly eddie from the monks says its "full of lies"...

which is weird since its still being promoted on the monks official website...
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 7:28 pm

It will most likely not be released and, yes, the Monks aren't that happy with the end result.

which is weird since its still being promoted on the monks official website...

Will Shade apparently runs their website and he's got some stuff to say about it here (3rd page).
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 7:40 pm

It will most likely not be released but i'll be waiting for bootleg copies to turn up :P
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 2:06 am

yeah, somebody needs to bootleg this fucker...
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 2:25 am

the film makers should send out a few dozen "promo" copies on dvd-r and the thing will be leaked within hours. thats what happened with the MC5 doc, the day before the court case the filmmakers sent out 100 promo copies to media and such and its now easily available on torrent sites.
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 7:37 pm

HA! I just pre-ordered the DVD here!
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 8:38 pm

Either way I would love to see this film.
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 8:42 pm

i very much agree
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 9:08 pm

i find it all so weird.
dave day was promoting it with the filmmakers last year on the festival circuit

we were all in the same festival in LA and i hung out with them and they seemed all to get along and be happy with each other...

gary burger and eddie shaw accompanied filmmakers to festivals in europe too

see: http://www.playloud.org
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 9:19 pm

i talked to mike fornatale the other night and asked him what the deal was with eddie's complaints. turns out eddie just likes to make up weird shit and he doesn't have single problem with the documentary at all.

on the other hand, fornatale wouldn't stop whining about the fact he wasn't in it.

b.o.o.h.o.o.
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 9:29 pm

If you read the last post on the thread about this on the garagepunk forums it seems like the gossip is based on mis-communication. As usual...
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 9:29 pm

Like BJ said.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 4:36 am

on the other hand, fornatale wouldn't stop whining about the fact he wasn't in it.

That's funny. I met him @ Cavestomp '99.

Don't wait for a DVD... Read Black Monk Time today!
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 3:36 pm

i read it in two days.
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 4:54 pm

Hey BJ, remind him that without a tonsure he can't be a real Monk!
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 4:55 pm

i know!!! i told him about my tonsure i shaved for halloween a couple years ago and he said he wouldn't ever go that far. i should be in the fucking movie, not him!

SHEESH!!!
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 5:01 pm

then you woulda just loved when Gary and Dave ganged up on him, threatening to hog tie Mike in front of cameras in London and mow into that huge mop top!
hookorcrook
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 10:09 pm

i saw this movie last year and while it was great, the parts with that Charles Wilp character are a bit much. He's clearly projecting his own BS "artist" take on the world onto them and it doesnt fit.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®