Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Jim Bradys SONICS!????
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 2:23 am

Okay I have this Jerden 7"... credit to "Jim Brady and The Sonics" whats the deal I cant think of the songs right now but they suck... Whats the deal.....

When is the last time the Real SONICS did a reunion.. late 70's???
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 2:31 am

i think the late 70s reunion was just roslie with a different backing band
i believe the last real sonics reunion was in '72
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 6:45 am | Edited by: Laurent Bigot

i think the late 70s reunion was just roslie with a different backing band
i believe the last real sonics reunion was in '72

Even the late70s LP was not supposed to be the Sonics in the first place. Roslie recorded the LP with a band called the Invaders and the label (Bomp) put the Sonics tag on it. Could be wrong but I'm sure I read that story in the 80's. I still haven't heard that LP, not like I really want to...
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 6:50 am

Okay I have this Jerden 7"... credit to "Jim Brady and The Sonics" whats the deal I cant think of the songs right now but they suck... Whats the deal.....

Roslie left in '67. And by the time they made that record in '69, there was no original member left I believe (Andy Parypa being the last to go). At that point the line up was (if my source is correct) Jim Brady(vc,ex-MERCY BOYS), Randy Haitt(k,vc), Steve Mosier(dr), Danny Hoeffer(lgt,pre-Tower Of Power), Doug Heath (gt,ex-CITY ZU)+Ron Foos(bs,ex-CITY ZU). None of them will be at Cavestomp...
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 8:10 am

The original Sonics reunited briefly in 1972 for a Seattle Paramount live show, with the recording of this show was released as Live Fanz Only by Etiquette. Although the group has been asked to reunite on numerous other occasions since then, they have steadfastly refused to do so; reportedly due to Gerry Roslie's fear that the group could never possibly live up to anyone's expectations.
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 9:44 am

Whats the deal
strange - i almost bought that single on friday afternoon when i was in tacoma at golden oldies one block south or north or west or east of Trashcan's tavern where i ate a damn fine chili dog and drank a pint of vermont pear cider and a pint of some kinda ipa

but after i listened to it i decided to pass.

i did find "My Bonnie" by the Beatles on mca..books for $300
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 5:50 pm

damn fine chili dog and drank a pint of vermont pear cider and a pint of some kinda ipa

whoa! only in Tacoma could you eat & drink that combo that and not immediately puke
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®