Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / OFFICIAL 2007 SAINTS THREAD
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:14 am

The local pregame show just had a segment called "Saint my ride" where they showed local gentlemen callers who had transformed their vehicles into saintsmobiles. That shit was almost as good as the infamous bubb rubb video, I need to figger out how to youtube that shite.

hoosier goners, lookout! the saints are coming!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:17 am

there was a '73 caddy that was painted blue and silver with the flying elvis on each door in my neighborhood back in massachusetts. dude only drove it on weekends, it was a great looking ride.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:23 am

Don't forget the "Who Dat Fish?" section, in which Scott Fujita samples 16 different sushi rolls through football season, each named for a different Saint.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 2:27 am

Posted: Sep 7, 2007 2:36 am

Saints runnit!!!!!

UP 10-7! HA! Sic em Saints!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:18 am

damn, i was just about to start this.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 4:15 am

I'm going to bed.

and I'm quitting life!!!!!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 4:54 am

can't they just show up and win like they did last year. "dang you mean we gotta play."ask both the offense and defense.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 4:59 am

Ugh...at least they had this game early in the season and not in November or December...good to get your ass kicked sooner than later...
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 5:57 am

It's nearly impossible to go to the champs house and win game 1, especially with a pourous "D".....we'll get them back in the finals....
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 6:56 am

ouch.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 8:33 am

GO REDSKINS!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 9:30 am

ask both the offense and defense.

at least the defense scored a touchdown.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 10:41 am

how bad did they get beat by the Colts?
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 11:25 am

well put it this way: michigan is no longer the most embarrassed football team in the world...

Go Browns!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:35 pm

The Saints can bounce back from this one, grow from it, realize that if they wanna be a Super Bowl Team , they have to go up a notch or two and not make so many damned mistakes...the talent is there...I'm still excited about this season...Go Saints!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 2:04 pm

man, our run defense was especially terrible. I expected Manning to have a great passing game but I didn't expect them to get more yards on the ground than we did. Pitiful. Their rush defense (ranked 32 in the league last year) was able to limit Bush, McCallister & co. to 106 yards.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:56 pm

run defense [/i
if they are in zone 3
fine..we'll run on 'em
as Madden would say
wave at his bus as it
wheels through Memphis
on the way to Dallas[

i]Their rush defense

and they ate up the clock
so dem Saints had to try
to pass to catch up
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 4:00 pm

that was...embarassing
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 8:11 pm

at least the defense scored a touchdown.

Yeah, but that dude, David, who got the defensive score got his ass scorched for 3 TDs. Harrison simply ran past him on the first touchdown pass. And David used to play for the Colts! He shoulda known Harrison's and Wayne's moves like the back of his hand.
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 1:02 am

first one it looked like he was supposed to have underneath help by the safety but that dude jumped all over whomever was running a shallow cross pattern. the corner was late in reacting. the other two td's he looked like an observer instead of a participant of the game.

He shoulda known Harrison's and Wayne's moves like the back of his hand.

yeah but knowing what's gonna happen doesn't mean the guy has the talent to stop it. i thought the saints biggest problem was their utter inability to run the ball. how can neither bush nor mcallister get it going? how can that o-line look at themselves when they can't open holes against the colts run defense?

poor showing 'aints.
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 1:47 pm

Go Packers!!!
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 3:24 pm

well put it this way: michigan is no longer the most embarrassed football team in the world...
how can you even say that?
i hardly equate getting smeared by the current super bowl champions to one of the most hallowed college programs in history losing to a I-AA school nobody's even heard of. espn even took a poll of how many people knew where app state even is. (they know now.)

so the colts actually have a defense now. who knew. they had reggie and deuce's numbers from the get-go. here's hoping we'll pick up and move on and that'll be the only embarrassment we suffer for a while. being a lifelong saints fan i don't want that one amazing season to just be a fluke or a tease.
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 5:16 pm

I'm with you Jen.

By the way, The 'I'm Stranded' link has been done like 45 times on this board every time someone tries to talk some football...
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 6:37 pm

so the colts actually have a defense now. who knew.

i don't think they actually proved this.
Posted: Sep 8, 2007 10:48 pm

The Colts Secondary was what was so frustrating for The Saints...their coverage was great...none of the Saints receivers were getting open.
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 3:46 am

refusing to be out embarrassed, michigan's back on top (or something).
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 9:06 pm

I swear this is a bad fucking dream or something.
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 9:50 pm

Tell me about it. We were at the deli at Pass-a-Grille and it took an act of congress to get my order taken as every idiotic Bucs fan was oohing and ahhing at the TV. Fuck Tampa Bay.
Posted: Sep 16, 2007 11:22 pm

It's time to call em' the Aints again...

The Packers, meanwhile, are 2-0. GO PACK!
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 1:29 am

I would never call them the AINTS, but even if I were going to I'd say Week 2 is a little early to start.

Bias aside, looking at the NFC, if they get their shit together they can still make the playoffs.
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 9:14 pm

Wait Till Next....... Week.
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 5:43 pm

ok.... I need to find something else to do for the next 14 sundays.

something along the lines of stalking and murdering all of the commentators from monday night football.

tony kornheiser, you're first.
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 5:46 pm

Dude, you can come over to my house and watch The Giants...
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 5:47 pm

how many people knew where app state even is

boone, nc...or jokingly, in the lower jet stream
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 6:42 pm

Go Bills! Squish the Fish!
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 7:50 pm

most hallowed college programs in history losing to a I-AA school nobody's even heard of. espn even took a poll of how many people knew where app state even

ha ha, check this out from oHIo's fav punk rock band named after somebody better:

In the biggest upset in the history of college sports, the history of Western Civilization and all of the history that is ever to be written unto the end of time The Appalachian State Fightin' Sodomites defeated the Michigan Wolverines by a score of 34-32 to open the 2007 football season.
The barefoot bushwackers of the bucolic backwoods put a primal fear into the Michigan Stadium crowd as they took to the field and dramatically reenacted Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg while their Fightin' Sodomites Marching Band played a down home version of Dead Schembechlers "Bomb Ann Arbord Now." "We uns is the A-State Bomb and weez uh gunna bomb Ann Arbor," drawled App State star Cletus the Slack Jawed Tight End. "Speakin' of tight ends I'z gotta meet muh pappy in the tool shed when I git home," he said with a gap toothed smile. Thousands of cowardly scUM fans fled for the exits before the first whistle even blew.

"I cannot believe we lost to a team from a a part of the world where they still point at airplanes," lamented perennial Michigan laughingstock Lloyd Carr. "The fact that we gave up 34 points to a school where no one can even count up to 34 is not going to sit well with my evil Wolverine masters."

To show their gratitude following the game thousands of OSU students rushed onto High Street to begin collecting funds to assist in bringing indoor plumbing to App State. "We really want to help those poor creatures," chirped perky, large breasted freshmen Sue Bertola. "I suppose we'll have to teach them how to use fire to begin with." Meanwhile in Ann Arbor the App State faithful ran wild thru the streets sodomizing at will while letting loose with rebel yells with reckless abandon.

Geez, how do they feel about that in Boone? ah, they've probably heard it all before
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 10:10 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

I am still amazed that New Orleans is 0-3. Last night they really had a shot.

Geez, how do they feel about that in Boone? ah, they've probably heard it all before

Now I understand why a a NC native editor friend of mine wants to lock and load whenever he attends parties with the publishing snobs in NYC.
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 2:56 am

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 2:57 am

Ugggh! Blech...OHh...Fuck...This Sucks
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:06 am

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 11:43 am

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 7:14 pm

real funny jago
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 9:05 pm

GIANTS 3-2!
Posted: Oct 7, 2007 11:41 pm

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 1:25 am

Yes they do...my favorite is the single version of perfect day...as for the nola saints...i can't stand it..............nervous breakdown
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 1:53 am

go green bay
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®