Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Irritating Rotten Scoundrels
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 4:55 am

Ok, we all know what today is... in an effort to keep it lively,just thought i'd put this most obvious/boring topic on Da Board to see how y'all twist it around to keep it innersting!

Did everyone get their Tax shit done on time? Anyone file an extension? Anybody get high and accidentally mailed their MOTO records to the IRS? Anybody remember IRS Records' The Cutting Edge TV show?

I expect a lotta posts on this one (yeah,right!),so don't disappoint me...

michael bateman
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 4:58 am

I always mail spare MOTO records to the IRS. IRS loves MOTO.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 5:02 am

Keeps 'em from being audited!
burrito
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 8:11 am

i forgot where i put my wedding ring today. but then i found it on the bedroom dresser i don't normally put it on. taxes? oh shit, gotta go.
schmatt
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 6:01 pm

taxes killed me today to the tune of $800, and I always thought Peter Zaremba's hair was cool on the Cutting Edge.
PaddyBullocks
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 6:06 pm

when i got home from my mad rush to the post office yesterday i was struck by the fear that i might have mailed the state form to the feds and vice versa -- i guess i've got a 50/50 chance it was right.

the Cutting Edge had its moments but it certainly was no New Wave Theater!

mary helen
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 6:15 pm

e-filing is the way to go. no lines, no waiting - plus they deposit any money you might be getting back directly into your bank account the Thursday after you send it in! I love this newfangled internet thing.
schmatt
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 10:20 pm

Umm.. now "the man" has direct and easy access to your bankaccount information. Good luck ever fixing any mistake where the Feds hit debit instead of credit on e-filed taxes. Seems like everybody has everybody's personal info these days, but there has to be a line, I ain't giving the federal government permission to tamper w/ my account even if it is to deposit money, cuz who ever knows.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Apr 16, 2004 11:20 pm

Total,shmatt! I did mine the old fashioned way-mailed it on the last minute,despite the incredible amount of hype e-filing is getting!

I don't trust this Guv'mint with personal info in a computer file no matter how they do it...do you?

Mr.Fleshtone did have cool hair on the C-Edge... he looked like he coulda been a skater in the 80s!

mary helen
Posted: Apr 17, 2004 1:52 am

sheesh - that's why you have it sent to a savings only account, say, at a wierd place like the teacher's credit union. that account gets used once a year - for that! all the irs knows about me from that account is that a member of my family works in a school, and i'm broke. my H&R block dude told me the same thing!!

worked great for the last 3 years

but, you are right, i would never want the irs to know how much money i spent at, um, murphy's for example.

Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Apr 17, 2004 4:39 am

That's a good idea,mh! Di'n't think of that one... better luck next year!
biblebeltbaby
Posted: Apr 17, 2004 10:42 pm

I know someone who e-filed and it was a total pain in the ass. He filled out all their stupid shit on the internet and then payed them $10 to have it e-filed. We couldn't find the school code for a long time. Then they emailed him to print something out and send it with all his W2's. It's like at that point you might as well just fucking done it yourself. It was ridiculous. My mom does mine every year which sounds nice but I haven't lived with her in 6 years but she still clames me to get more money back and then I have to pay in. But I owe her money so that's the price you have to pay I guess.
Goubler
Posted: Apr 19, 2004 10:00 pm

I got my taxes in; when i take over the country, i'll abolish the irs, and put the US on a 5% sales tax on non-esential items.
THE CUTTING EDGE..only moments worth a shit on that show where the Flat Duo Jets and Lux intro'ing the 'garbageman' video.
Human Garbage Disposal
Posted: Apr 19, 2004 11:01 pm

I got the idea of the Silver Kings from Dino Lee,self proclaimed "King Of White Trash",on The Cutting Edge episode when they were in Austin. He wore a crown and cape,decked out in what looked like Green thermal underwear and carried a home-made scepter! Different music,of course...
Scott
Posted: Apr 21, 2004 2:39 am

Dex & Crow hangin' out in the Mausoleum high on who-knows-what. That looked like fun.
toilet paper rocks
Posted: Apr 21, 2004 2:47 am

I havent done taxes in 2 years. Nice being a bum.

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®