Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Rock-A-Taco
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 6:33 pm

Curtis Brown and Jeff Jensen are going to terrorize the Burg of Williams with a mobile, hot food taco truck. both men can cook--and I mean in the, uh, kitchen. but as their romantic reps might possibly overshadow their culinary capabilities, don't you think Rock-A-Taco is a perfect name for their mothership?
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 6:35 pm

i don't buy taco's made by whitey. they can call it whatever they want.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 6:36 pm

mr. brown can REALLY cook. and jeff is probably one of the most delightful hosts in town.

you should buy.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 6:53 pm

Maybe I could shine the customers shows while they place they're order. Or maybe I could get on all 4's and be a human seat while they eat since there are NO JOBS here anymore for some reason....
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:01 pm

I mean SHOES. Shine there SHOES....JEEZ...
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:24 pm

hipsters running a roach coach? jesus fucking christ.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:25 pm

how much you wanna bet they'll tell you they aren't hipsters.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:32 pm

Priviledged urban white kids list of working class american icons to co-opt:

Trucker Hats: Check
John Deere Accessories: Check
Pabst Blue Ribbon: Check
Jack Daniels: Check
Mullets: Check
Roach Coaches: In Progress
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:33 pm

sorry, forgot wife beaters
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:45 pm

you mean WIFE BEATER not the under garmet, right?
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:47 pm

doubtful, you have to be a real man to beat your wife.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:52 pm | Edited by: jenna

forget all that naysaying, martel. i posted this because i've been laughing all day about Rock-A-Taco. that came to me brilliantly in the am. the double entendre is killing me!

these guys will run a great restaurant, and this is just the beginning.

but if you must...

patchouli: check
skoal: check
gold chains: check
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:52 pm

i don't buy taco's made by whitey. they can call it whatever they want.

and you'll be hard pressed to NOT find mexicans in kitchens of many asian resturants
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:55 pm

DUH, WHY DO YOU THINK I GO TO ASIAN RESTAURANTS? BROWN POWER!
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:57 pm

MASOLTOV!
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:00 pm

there was a gut truck in austin called midnight taco and it was pretty fucking good...
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:20 pm

i've been laughing all day about Rock-A-Taco. that came to me brilliantly in the am. the double entendre is killing me!

you're going to have to explain this one to me, I'm pretty slow on the uptake today.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:21 pm

also I have fantasized long and hard about opening restaurants for years now, but I have never once envied anyone inside of a food truck. I wish them luck but I'm willing to bet they'll give it up in a matter of months.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:23 pm

i think it means "eat a taco." like a generic verb to use when your like, totally amped about something and you replace the verb in the sentence with "rock." as in, "i'm gonna rock my fresh new kicks," instead of saying, "i'm gonna wear my fresh new kicks."

is that right, j-dawg?
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:31 pm

no. come on.

taco? you know, that part of lady's anatomy?

and then the Rock part being because both jeff and curtis are men of rock.

so it's like Rock-A-Taco (girls) or Rock-A-Taco (taco).

food, sickles & girls!
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:37 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

that's not even a double entendre. there's a place in vegas called "pink taco" which is a double entendre because of the word "pink." ok jenna, put down the knife... niiiice and easy...
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:39 pm

sickles

wha??? are they commies too?
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:41 pm

wha??? are they commies too?

pinkos
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:53 pm

yeah, wouldn't "eat-a-taco" be more of a double entendre than rock-a-taco?

what they should do is call it the "frying burrito brothers." but schlepping burritos should just be a front for the sale of marijuana.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:56 pm

who the frig are jeff and curtis anyway?
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 8:59 pm

front for the sale of marijuana.

"lying burrito slurrers-es"
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 5:08 am

thank you
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 5:35 am

arman - where'd you live in Austin? I remember seeing Midnight Taco around west campus.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 9:25 am

they should call it Los Banos
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:05 pm

i lived at 43rd and red river, behind the HEB.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:59 pm

Tacocat..3 chicks and one dude all in one band
supposed to be touring soon
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 5:56 pm

BROWN POWER

I thought this was the capacity to produce hemmorhoids? As in:

"Dude, hand me the extra-soft tp."
"Why, you use too much BROWN POWER?"
Posted: Sep 10, 2007 3:39 am

Jeff Jenson from legendary Low Down Dirty D.A.W.G.S. fame.

Curtis from Bad Wizard.
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 7:22 pm

Posted: Nov 8, 2007 8:00 pm

I love the comments on that article.
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 8:16 pm

awesome responses below said article.

i prefer my taco's as skanky as they come.
Posted: Nov 8, 2007 8:29 pm

classic curtis line. nothing but skank!

but that man can cook. this is going to be culinary delight for the 4 am crawlers.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 1:46 am

Looks like it's called ENDLESS SUMMER. Ate there last friday before the Cheap Time show conveniently located at N7th and Bedford. Shit was GREAT! $3 dollar veggie taco ruled! And it's a pleasure to know where you can always track down Bad Dawg...

Free fixins too!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 3:13 am

do they have hot carrots? i could eat those all day. bring me some next week! no mex in h'burg, dawg.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 3:32 am

no mex in h'burg

of course there is! you obviously haven't been to the barrio yet
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 3:34 am

It all makes sense... NY already has the worst Mexican food in the country. Of course this would be the same place where a couple of privileged white guys think they can take on a time honored Latino tradition.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 5:13 am

Actually it was better than most of the taco places I been to in my hood made by real mexicans......
hookorcrook
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:12 am | Edited by: hookorcrook

i was in nyc a few weeks ago and it was freezing fucking cold, snowing, miserable, i went to brooklyn to go to tim's store and went by academy for a little while, was killing time in that neighborhood but hungry and really cold so knowing nothing about the neighborhood i ducked into this place across the street that said FISH TACOS out front since that is one of my favorite foods (and a much better double entendre if you're looking for one) and when i walked in out of the snow the place had surfing vidoes projected all over the place, a sort of 'tiki bar' set up with Interpol cover band look alikes standing around it and tons of sand on the floors throughout the whole place, about 3 inches deep like it was supposed to be on the beach. It was OK for NY fake ass bs as far away from mexico as it gets tacos, but jeez it couldn't have been a more artificial environment if it had been a macy's display window.

your friends should just call themselves Jive Turkeys and sell really good club sandwiches.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 2:00 pm

bazooka READ THIS
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 2:13 pm

ALRIGHT!
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 6:47 pm

Burger King don't sell no tacos
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 6:57 pm

tell this guy about it
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:16 pm

yup they sell em here too...the have to do something with the left over whoppers...so tehy grind them into taco meat.
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 7:25 pm

GODDAMN I'M MISSING OUT! LIFE IS PASSING ME BY!!!!!! WHERE ARE THESE CROWNED TACOS LOCATED?????
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 11:15 pm

i ducked into this place across the street that said FISH TACOS

I know that place.....that place is lame.

Had to hit the taco truck again today. There was a bit of a line this time.
I'm tellin ya, this is the good shit yo.
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 9:49 pm

them's some funny comments
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 10:14 pm

It all makes sense... NY already has the worst Mexican food in the country.
Untrue! There are taquerias in Sunset Park and parts of Queens that have tacos as good as those you'll find in Mexico or California. And since they're run by RECENT immigrants, they haven't had time to honkify their food yet. This ain't the NY of just a decade ago, where the Mexican food was sub-Chi-Chi's.

yup they sell em here too...the have to do something with the left over whoppers...so tehy grind them into taco meat.

They sell tacos at some of the BK's in Oakland, too. I think they're trying to compete with Jack in the Box, who've been selling weird but awesome tacos forever- also 2/$1.00.
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 3:53 am

that's it, i'm moving.
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 4:00 am

I tells ya...Jeff & Curtis's taco truck is better than any taco I've had in recent years made by mexicans. And there's 3 new mexican taco joints in the area that I been to. The shit is good yo.
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 4:07 am

is taco bite open yet?
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 4:46 am

Untrue! There are taquerias in Sunset Park and parts of Queens that have tacos as good as those you'll find in Mexico or California. And since they're run by RECENT immigrants, they haven't had time to honkify their food yet. This ain't the NY of just a decade ago, where the Mexican food was sub-Chi-Chi's.

There's no way I would go to Queens just to discover that there is only slightly better Mexican food there than there is in the other borroughs....
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 12:42 pm

as i said: they can cook. curtis flipping the bird in that photo aside (he's supposed to embrace the public, not fuck them!), the host factor cannot be denied. and neither can the fact that they both love black flag.

and then when jensen and earles go on the road, they can tour in the taco truck!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®