Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / gonerfest parties
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 7:39 am

I'm gonna be carryin a box of 45s...
anyone wanna sign me up as a guest DJ at some afterparty?
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 9:34 pm

speaking of afterparties -- is there a list somewhere? anyone have any idea what's going to be going on? I've got some other friends in bands who are going to be at the fest who aren't on the official bill and would of course love to play...
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 9:40 pm

I think april had a list up somewhere... at least on the wall of the club where she's doing it...
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 9:43 pm

Posted: Sep 6, 2007 11:06 pm

thanx. april, you here? gimme a shout by email if you are: mench@slovenly.com
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 12:27 am

I would love to spin somewhere as well. Somebody let a guy know!?!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 1:21 am

ed, holler if you need a place to stay.
guess what? i finally got speakers!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:17 am

just remember, if ed cancels don't expect to be told about it or ever get an apology or explanation why he didn't make it to the gig.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 8:18 am

just remember, if ed cancels don't expect to be told about it or ever get an apology or explanation why he didn't make it to the gig.

I like it better when he speaks for himself. A go-between is gayer than a mocker.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 9:21 am

plus shit happens

fags who carry grudges cause someone didn't show up to a "gig"(gayest word for a show/event ever) are the faggiest fags I know
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 9:22 am

and if anyone wants me to whistle a bunch of showtunes at one of these parties my guarantee is pretty reasonable
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:02 pm

i know shit happens. all i wanted was an "i'm sorry i couldn't make it."

shit ain't that hard. just tired of people being so fucking douchey about things, like the fact that terre t gave away tickets to the show i'm promoting tonight (there are no tickets and she never even asked me, nor has she even bothereed to tell me she gave away tix- i had to read about it on the gp forums) and in other news, kkbbq show is now being presented by a fucking indie rock faggot named todd p, because he found out me and tim were putting the show on and he stole it from us by contact their booking agent so he could get his fucking cut of the door, where i was taking NOTHING from the door- same as tonight. funny thing is the band never should have asked us to do it in the first place since they have a contract with a booking agent, and now tim's flipped his wig over the fiasco and has THROWN AWAY IN THE FUCKING GARBAGE 700 COPIES of what was to be the new Crypt Records KKBBQ single he just got in and will be selling the test pressings on ebay.

so if you think i'm holding a grudge against ed for not showing up (i'm ok with him not showing up. once again- just and i'm sorry via email or in person the time i showed up to see him play at academy records) maybe it's just cuz i'm tired of people not doing the simplest fucking things like asking for a pair of tickets or saying i'm sorry or not trying to go around their booking agents to avoid any misunderstandings. shit like this is no brainer easy to deal with stuff.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:51 pm

ps have a killer time at the 'fest. wish i could go!
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 5:15 pm

dude if terre t's having haunted george on her show and doing a ticket give-away it sounds like good promo - not something a show promoter should bum on - (maybe she talked to the band about guest list for ticket winners?)

the kkbbq situation is total bullshit though -- also remind me i need to start rummaging thru tim's trash bins
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 5:26 pm

it is good promo, but i never asked for it. i have an obligation to pay the bands and that's it. the point is, all they (yeah- they- i just found out that two other dj's gave them away) had to do was ask for the fucking passes to be given away. i would have done it. to find out via a message board is bullshit. who set up the give aways? i dind't, and i'm the only one authorized to do that. i'll be shocked if don pedro called wfmu and set this shit up. do those peple even know what wfmu is? so i apologize for saying terre t did this. i don't know who the guilty party is but whoever it is doesn't have any right to go around doing that shit.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 7:28 pm

my grandma says we can have a party at her house

i'll make a sign up sheet for plates, napkins, cups drinks etc.
who wants to volunteer to bring ginger ale?
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 7:50 pm

my grandma says we can have a party at her house

do it - she wouldn't hear a thing.
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 1:33 am

Sorry I couldn't make it to DJ with you that time Joe. I thought this had already been covered some time ago. Maybe not. If I didn't, I apologize now. But, one thing. I haven't posted anything here in months. The simplest post draws so much drama, I have to say, It reminds why I resigned myself to just reading and not posting. I think starting some shit over free passes is dumb myself. Two entrance fees would not pay for the free promotion you got. I understand your principle but jesus christ. I refuse to comment on anything KKBQ related because the drama potential is so fucking ridiculous no matter who's side of the fence you're on. Anyway if someone needs a DJ for that weekend lemme know.
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 2:47 am

once again...

i'm tired of people not doing the simplest fucking things like asking for a pair of tickets or saying i'm sorry or not trying to go around their booking agents to avoid any misunderstandings. shit like this is no brainer easy to deal with stuff.

yeah, i did go a bit crazy. can't help it sometimes when things are aggravating me. i like having this forum to vent, even when i'm wrong about shit. i kinda like getting hollared back at and getting put in check when i need it. plus... drama sells! i don't hold grudges (for too long) anyway. i even hugged memphis mike last night! although i did punch him in the balls.

The simplest post draws so much drama

well hey, i had forgotten all about it until i read that you wanted to dj and remebered that you never said a word to me about cancelling that night. that was a painful night. we were excited to hang out with you and hear you play your best stuff and we never heard from you since. not a word.
thanks for finally addressing me about it. i appreciate it. i just wanted some kind of acknowledgment, and i don't think that's too much to ask.

as far as kkbbq, it's disastrous becuase i had the sonic chicken 4 coming in from france to open for them. great. now they'll be playing without them on the same night.
Posted: Sep 9, 2007 9:31 am

show poaching is pretty fucking lame. happens all the time, though. what can you do? peeps got big egos.
Posted: Sep 11, 2007 7:05 pm

Pete, check yer email.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:06 pm

funny thing is the band never should have asked us to do it in the first place since they have a contract with a booking agent

we asked TIM, because we really, really wanted to do it at don pedro's - it was one of the first things we asked our agent to do before the tour even started being booked. we wanted to do stuff with our buddy tim. if that's a reason to fault us, so be it. we are at the mercy of bookers, apparently and sometimes that sucks. but it also is a job neither of us have time to do right now.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:26 pm

actually you asked me by email a couple months ago. i told tim to secure the date at don pedros. i'm not faulting you for asking us to do it. i was honored! i'm just confused as to why you thought you could go around your booking agent. that's how todd p(hag) wound up stealing the show from us. if you know you don't have time to do it, then don't try. know we have the sonic chicken 4 and tunnel of love playing the same night as you guys in a different place. that's all.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:36 pm

no, she was told to ask tim. don't scold me, seriously. there was no 'going around' anyone. we thought we were playing the same show you thought we were playing. and we didn't try to book anything ourselves, we told both parties and it seemed set in motion. anyway, keep your advice to yourself if you don't know what happened.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:38 pm | Edited by: marksultan

anyway, point is we really wanted to play don pedro's and hang with you guys, but we are naive as usual. we are gonna try to make the best with what we have and i hope you guys can try, too. thanks.
i talked to tim today and all seems fine. we love him and it hurt to hear he was pissed.
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:52 pm

i ain't scolding you, i know you're both retarded and can't help being that way. i've been trying real hard not to be a moron too. most peple can't even tell, see?

look man, i had lot going on that day with trying to get one show done that almost turned out to be a disaster. i'm sorry if i came across like a maniac. if you had to deal with tim losing his shit you'd be a bit edgy too. luckily for you i calmed his psycho ass down. he just passed off some of that fucked up energy to me. anyway, good luck with todd p(hag)!
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 10:52 pm | Edited by: Paul Lips

THROWN AWAY IN THE FUCKING GARBAGE 700 COPIES of what was to be the new Crypt Records KKBBQ single

Did Tim fish the 700 records out of the trash?
Posted: Sep 12, 2007 11:11 pm

i know you're both retarded
fair enough.
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 3:36 am

Did Tim fish the 700 records out of the trash?

i hope so, cuz it's a damn good single.
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 6:31 am

anyone wanna provide turntables? it'd be great if either of you (pete and greg) wanna play some records.
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 6:33 am

Posted: Sep 13, 2007 6:34 am

oh and my email is: aprilnovak78 at yahoo dot com
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 2:48 pm

cool flyer!
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:35 pm

I'm happy to spin records if there are turntables! I woulda brought my GP-3 but I'm, uh, travelin lite. I've got a little box of 45s, enough to do an hour or so...
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 3:40 pm

oh yeah and I think KKBQ's driver is a bigger retard than either of them... hehe... he went to pick up the car from its parking spot after their last valencia gig and got lost on his way back to the club... we waited for an hour before we finally hailed a cab and loaded their (fortunately all child-sized) gear into the trunk.

ok whatever nuff of that... gotta go catch a plane to memphis
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 9:27 pm

anyone wanna provide turntables? it'd be great if either of you (pete and greg) wanna play some records.

what about my showtune whistling?

NO RESPECT!!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 12:46 am

I'm having one at my house....but I'm like ten hours out of Memphis
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 2:08 am

travelin lite
you mean to be washin' those skid marks out in the motel bathroom sink???
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®