Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / tascam dumbass....how to record vocals?
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 11:50 pm

We have a tascam four track porto....we have successfully recorded drums bass and guitar on tracks one and two...now we need to record vocals and can't figure out how the fuck....tracks three and four have no mic set up...am i missing something?....do we have to dump tracks one an two on to three and four and then record the vocals ......someone out there must know how to do this shit....help?
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 12:00 am

get a good bass/drum mix and pan them to the right or left then orient the 3rd or 4th track to the same. hit play/record and it will dump the bass and drum mix to 1 channel. record vocals over the first bass or drum track and you'll have one track for overdub crazyness.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 12:52 am

use a guitar amp as a mic pre. line out from amp to 4 track and youll get a nice gritty sound.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 2:51 am

buy a boombox for $19, get a PA (a shitty amp run through with a mic and impedance plug), get your levels right in the room, then record live, like god meant it done.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 5:54 am | Edited by: bvalentine

someone out there must know how to do this shit....help?

Tell me exactly what model Tascam you are using and I will walk you through it. I know them damn machines like the back of my hand.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 6:17 pm

what model Tascam you are using

I was gonna ask the same.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 10:03 pm

snowgoose works for tascam! nice try, but after this obvious street team bullshit I'm sticking with fostex...
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 1:07 am

telling people you cant figure out how to work the thing seems like a great advertising strategy. a 4 track where you cant use 2 of the tracks provides hours of fun while you try and figure the damn thing out.
Posted: Sep 6, 2007 11:50 pm

fostex is for fags!

tascam 2488 all the way, at least up until i heard blood visions was done on that roland 24 track....
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:08 am

Tascam Vs Fostex = bullshit. They're both shitty machines, they do what they do, blah blah blah... Let me know what hunka plastic shit you got, what you wanna do with it, I'll give you some answers. The end.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 3:09 am

My Cheeseburger Hot-Pockets are ready.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®