Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / who's working today?
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 3:56 pm

just embalmed an old lady. she was kind of fat and it was difficult to find her jugular. since it's pretty slow here otherwise, i got nothing to do now. i think i'll get all twitchy on coffee.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 5:41 pm

I think embalming an old lady would make me plenty twitchy on its own.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 6:52 pm

i've got one of those clients who recognizes no boundaries on the phone right now.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 6:56 pm

sounds hilarious! would you like to expand on that?
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 7:50 pm

i'm here, but i'm not supposed to be working. day off and all that. i just went to the office to catch up.

arman, god, what a profession!
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 8:04 pm

Arman... woah. Wow. I'm twitchy just reading your post... You've got my respect. I can't imagine doing that kind of work every day.

I'm working today. Just submitted a grant application on-line for one client. Now I need to get started on a database project for another. I'm not entitled to complain, though, seeing as I am my own boss and I gave myself Thursday off to do a dj gig on Wednesday night.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 8:09 pm

would you like to expand on that?

well, anyone who calls at 9 AM on a bonafide holiday and expects you to drop what you're doing and listen to them talk for 94 minutes lacks a sense of boundary, don't you think?
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 8:21 pm

Neat job Arman.

I'm not working today. Doing absolutely nothing too.
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 9:06 pm

no work. went to the zoo and saw the feeding of the sea lions!
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 9:20 pm

I showed up where i was working and got sent home w/ 3 hours pay! USA!!! USA!!!
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 9:37 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Fuck, man. If the dead won't have enough consideration for a national holiday, how will our democracy ever get back on track?
Posted: Sep 3, 2007 10:17 pm

School's closed today, which means I do not have to continue disecting the arm and hand of a woman who someone else has already embalmed.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 12:24 am

just embalmed an old lady.

guys. lets be perfectly clear on this. when Arman says "embalmed" he means "impregnated". when he says "old lady" he means "old lady".
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 12:44 am | Edited by: elle

i didn't have to work today, but then i did have to air up the tires on my car. and then drive it out to sear's to get the stupid things replaced because someone tried to slash the one tire on the one side and couldn't get deep enough to actually get air to come out, so they just let all the air out of them on both sides in the back, which ended up screwing the one up bad that had the slash in it and then the other one was acting stupid anyway. had to drive out there with one of the donuts on the thing and the other one with a slow leak.

fucking sucks. pissed off cuz this was my ONLY goddamn day off from everything and i really didn't feel like sitting at sears for 3 hours fucking with this bullshit and having to spend almost 200 dollars getting the tires.

motherfuck whoever the fuck did that to me.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 1:27 am

I was going to do some work today, but I'm too hungover. Instead I laid on the couch and watched 4 hours of a "Lockup" marathon on msnbc. I freakin love that show for some reason.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 2:37 am

sry elle

this seems too trivial next to that

had son all day
then dinner with a white woman
then Point Blank and the killing back to back on turner classics

saispas wake up!!!!!
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 3:03 am

saispas wake up!!!!!

she already has a man to waker her up, no matter how many cd-rs you turn up to 11.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 3:15 am

No "work" today other than cleaning out the gutters. I fell off the ladder. It sucked.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 3:22 am

11 smchlelevn
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 5:34 am

Supervisor: "Hey Adam, how about only working 15 minutes and going home? Oh yeah, you'll get paid for the whole day."
Adam: "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Grilled out bratwurst (Turkey Basil = awesome) for lunch AND dinner, laid on the beach, and had some tequila gimlets to close out the night. Labor Day rules.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 5:46 am

I fell off the ladder. It sucked.

dude. that does suck
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 7:00 am

Grilled out bratwurst (Turkey Basil = awesome) for lunch AND dinner, laid on the beach, and had some tequila gimlets to close out the night. Labor Day rules.

sounds like a very awesome labor day.

i ended up closing my labor day out with beer and ping pong and a call from michigan. :) guess that makes the rest of my bad day obsolete. shit happens life goes on.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:09 am

i am still working.
just thought i'd let you know that...
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:39 am

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:48 am

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:50 am

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 9:54 am | Edited by: Donkey

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:02 am

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:08 am

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:13 am

Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:14 am

I went to work at 1PM today to do some catch up.

I got real caught up cause I just got home.

Talk about Labor day.
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:16 am

BRAY!!

bray!
Posted: Sep 4, 2007 10:18 am

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®